The (Re)Birth of a Phenom(inal) Deadman

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the Beginning Mark Calaway is attending college on a basketball scholorship but after a while he wanted to pursue his wrestling interests that he got from growing up in Texas and watching WCCW. Just before the new basketball season was to start the head coach asked Mark to be more dedicated to the team and quit wrestling. Feeling that he had to decide between the two, Mark decided to forego what the coach felt could have been a promising career in pro basketball and continue with his wrestling training. Here in DOTT his "training" will be his employment in the Pacific Northwest Wrestling territory. He will be wrestling only in PNW for now while he trains and learns the ropes, so to speak, and juggle his studies. As we start his career he is 18 years old and will be turning 19 in March of '84. Here is is overness and skills/attributes as we head into November, 1983: [b]Overness[/b] USA: 1 Canada: 0 Mexico: 0 Japan: 0 UK: 0 [b]Skills/attributes[/b] spirit: 10 power: 76 technique: 24 speed: 30 psychology: 56 stamina: 55 toughness: 79 charisma: 86 microphone: 18 safety: 43 looks: 92 respect: 5 In addition to his matches I will be updating everyone on the title matches from around the wrestling world.

Week One, November 1983 Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] News from around the wrestling world: [b]UWF[/b] - Fit Finley wins the Light Heavyweight title by defeating Masahiro Chono. [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retains the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating John Tenta. [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]PNW Around the Horn[/b] Tonight I am scheduled in a singles match against Scotty the Body. We kept trying to gain control of the other and exchanged blows for a few minutes then I was able to hit him with a few power moves for a couple of minutes. We continued to go back and forth until I was able to get him in a bear hug then irish whipped him into the ropes and hit him with a big boot. A couple of minutes later I hit him with a lariot clothesline but he gouged my eyes before I could finish him off. I regained control quickly and irish whipped him and hit him with the Lariot and pinned him for the victory. [b]Time: 12 minutes, Match Rating: C+[/b] [b]Around the wrestling world[/b] [b]AJPW[/b] - Giant Baba retained the PWF Heavyweight title by defeating Dory Funk, Jr. [b]WCCW[/b] - Chris Adams retained the WCCW Television title by defeating Sweet Brown Sugar [b]WCCW[/b] - The Fabulous Freebirds retained the WCCW Texas Tag Team titles by defeating the Von Erichs [b]WWC[/b] - Carlos Colon retained the Universal Heavyweight title by defeating Medic #2 [b]CWA[/b] - Austin Idol retained the AWA International title by defeating Lanny Poffo [b]CWA[/b] - Jerry Lawler retained the Southern Heavyweight title by defeating Rick Rude [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]Big Time Wrestling[/b] Tonight I am scheduled to be in a singles match against the Tonga Kid. We started out exchanging blows for the first few minutes before I overpowered him with a choke throw. Tonga Kid then started to come back and after several minutes I was able to counter his running headbutt with a body slam, hit him with the flap jack, and then drove him into the mat with a spinning inverted piledriver and he started to bleed. Somehow, he was able to kick out of the pin attempt at the last second. He then jumped up, climbed the ropes, and hit me with a flying headbutt but I was able to kick out of the pin attempt at the last second. Tonga Kid then hit me with a flying body press and pinned me for the win. [b]Time: 17 minutes, Match Rating: B-[/b] [b]Around the wrestling world[/b] [b]WWF[/b] - Don Muraco retained the WWF Intercontinental title by defeating Bruno Sammartino [b]GCW[/b] - Ronnie Garvin retained the National Television title by defeating Road Warrior Hawk [b]GCW[/b] - Les Thornton retained the GCW Junior Heavyweight title by defeating Tim Horner [b]GCW[/b] - Ted Dibiase retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Brad Armstrong [b]CMLL[/b] - Hector Guerrero won the NWA World Lightweight title by defeating El Supremo [b]CMLL[/b] - Dr. Wagner won the NWA World Middleweight title by defeating Fishman [b]NJPW[/b] - Black Tiger won the WWF International title by defeating Kontaro Hoshino [b]MSW[/b] - Junk Yard Dog retained the North American Heavyweight title by defeating Butch Reed [b]CWF[/b] - Kevin Sullivan and Superstar Billy Graham won the CWF Heavyweight Tag Team titles from Barry Windham and Skip Young. [b]CState[/b] - Roger Kirby retained the Central States Television title by defeating Porkchop Cash [b]MLW[/b] - The Shiek retained the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating The Mighty Igor [b]UWF[/b] - Akira Maeda retained the Universal International Heavyweight title by defeating Kodo Fuyuki

Week One, November 1983 - Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News[/b] [b]AWA[/b] - Mad Dog Vachon won the AWA Television title by defeating Ken Patera [b]UWA[/b] - Juan Rodriguez won the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating La Parka [b]SWCW[/b] - Al Madril won the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Adrian Adonis [b]SWCW[/b] - Bob Orton,Jr and Dirty Dick Slater won the Southwest Tag Team titles by defeating Manny Fernandez and Bob Sweetan [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski won the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Dean Ho [b]PPW[/b] - Rocky Johnson and John Tenta won the Polynesian Pacific Tag Team titles by defeating The Samoan Swat Team [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News JPUK[/b] - Bobby Barnes won the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Tony Charles [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - The Assassin and Ted Arcidi won the Mid-Atlantic U.S. Tag Team titles by defeating Angelo Mosca,Jr and Bill Mulkey [b]MACW[/b] - Greg Valentine retained the United States Heavyweight title by defeating Rufus R. Jones [b]MACW[/b] - Harley Race retained the NWA World Heavyweight title by defeating Manny Fernandez [b]GCW[/b] - Ted Dibiase retained the Natioal Heavyweight title by defeating Ronnie Garvin [b]WCCW[/b] - David Von Erich retained the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title by defeating Abdullah the Butcher [b]WCCW[/b] - Chris Adams retained the WCCW Television title by defeating Sweet Brown Sugar [b]CState[/b] - Roger Kirby retained the Central States Television title by defeating Marty Jannetty [b]CState[/b] - Bob Brown retained the Central States Heavyweight title by defeating Super Destroyer [b]CWA[/b] - Austin Idol retained the AWA International title by defeating Lanny Poffo [b]SWCW[/b] - Kelly Kiniski won the Southwest Television title by defeating Chick Donovan [b]SECW[/b] - Bob Armstrong retained the Southeastern Heavyweight title by defeating Rip Rogers [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]There was no title matches today[/b]

[QUOTE=Jaded]Looks cool... I like to see other results from around the world as well (as you can probably tell from Robbie In The Ring) so I like what you're doing with the title matches.[/QUOTE] Thanks. I thought about doing it since I am going to be in only one territory for now and for several "years" to come. He didn't wrestle in more than one place at a time until 1988, when he began wrestling full-time, in an independent wrestling circuit, Central Illinois Wrestling, and in WCCW. I would probably have to use Central States for that. Also, during his time in the NWA/WCW time he also wrestled in Japan. I'm going to also have to use SWCF for USWA when/if I get to 1989. [b]Note to all readers: If you would like more information on Mark Calaway, you can go to [url]www.undertaker-wwe.com[/url] . Also, if one of you is the creator of that site, I thank you very much because it is very informative and very up to date and it helped me a great deal in setting the stage and outline for this.[/b]

Great idea for a diary, Cap. Callaway is interesting in that he has a connection to a lot of the old timers that were my favs; Don Jardine (The Spoiler) supposedly training him in the rope walking and the Red River Jack gig with Brody, to name a couple. I'd also like to echo Jaded's opinion; world results are the way to go. It's cool to see the title matches being listed. Good luck!

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]Great idea for a diary, Cap. Callaway is interesting in that he has a connection to a lot of the old timers that were my favs; Don Jardine (The Spoiler) supposedly training him in the rope walking and the Red River Jack gig with Brody, to name a couple. I'd also like to echo Jaded's opinion; world results are the way to go. It's cool to see the title matches being listed. Good luck![/QUOTE] I read the diaries of the other wrestlers like Austin, Lyger, and Dynamite Kid so I thought that I would give it a try with a wrestler who was just starting out around the beginning of the DOTT. Since my favorite all-time wrestler, Superstar Billy Graham, was getting up in age I decided on Mark Calaway because the Undertaker is my next favorite. Charlie Brown was too much work because of the many territories I had put him in at the same time. It's a lot easier with a wrestler who only worked in one or two at the same time. It also gives me the extra time to check the other territories for title matches. Yes, it was Don Jardine who taught Mark how to catwalk the ropes. When he first started in WCCW, Calaway wore a mask and went by the name of Texas Red. William Moody saw the huge potential talent in him that he even became his manager for a short time. Moody was working at WCCW under the name of Percy Pringle. The two of them were reunited in the WWE as the Undertaker and Paul Bearer.

Week 2, November 1983 - Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Around the Wrestling World[/b] [b]UWA[/b] - Juan Rodriguez retained the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating La Parka [b]UWF[/b] - Akira Maeda retained the Universal International Heavyweight title by defeating Kintaro Oki [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Samu [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]PNW Around the Horn[/b] Tonight I find that I am scheduled for a singles match against The Tonga Kid again. When the bell rings I immediately go on the attack. It seems like I am carrying the match as I am dominating Tonga Kid from the get go for the first four minutes. The Tonga Kid is one tough guy to finish off as he keeps escaping my attempts during the past few minutes to put him away. Around the 10:00 mark he irish whips me and accidentally knocks out the ref and all hell breaks loose. The Tonga Kid is mounting a strong comeback and he continued to counter my attempts to put him away. The ref comes to and after I get out of the way of a flying headbutt, I am finally able to choke slam him an get the three count. [b]Time: 19 minutes, Rating: C[/b] In the opening match of the show Dean Malenko won the PNW Television title by defeating his brother Joe Malenko. [b]Around the Wrestling World WCCW[/b] - Chris Adams retained the WCCW Television title by defeating Iceman Parsons [b]WCCW[/b] - David Von Erich retained the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title by defeating Terry Gordy [b]AJPW[/b] - Giant Baba retained the PWF Heavyweight title by defeating Mil Mascaras [b]MSW[/b] - Ricky Morton won the Mid-South Television title by defeating Krusher Khruschev [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]PNW - Big Time Wrestling show[/b] Tonight I am scheduled in a singles match against Scotty the Body again in the opening match. I saw Dynamite Kid on the other side of the locker room so I went over to talk to him and he blew me off!! What a jerk!! I'll back at him later. Now it is time for me to get ready for the match. Scotty the Body comes out hot at the bell and is working me over for about the first two minutes before he misses with a knee drop and I take control. I pound on him for a couple of minutes before he comes back at me with a series of forearm blows and gouging my eyes. We go at it toe-to-toe for a few minutes before I block a couple of punches and I mafia kick him and he starts to bleed. He comes back at me and gets me on the mat and starts kicking me but then he misses with an elbow drop. I give him a thrust in the throat and then grab his neck but he gets away by gouging my eyes. A couple of minutes later he continued to pound on me and then he gets me in the evenflow DDT and pins me. [b]Time: 17 minutes, Match Rating: C+[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Bob Backlund retained the WWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Sika [b]AWA[/b] - Mad Dog Vachon retained the AWA Television title by defeating Dino Bravo [b]CMLL[/b] - Hector Guerrero retained the NWA World Lightweight title by defeating Ultraman [b]CMLL[/b] - Fishman and Black Man won the CMLL World Tag Team titles by defeating Enrique Vera and Canek [b]CMLL[/b] - Dr. Wagner retained the NWA World Middleweight title by defeating El Gran Markus [b]NJPW[/b] - Gran Hamada won the WWF International title by defeating Black Tiger [b]MSW[/b] - Junk Yard Dog retained the North American Heavyweight title by defeating Mr. Wrestling II [b]CWF[/b] - Barry Windham retained the CWF Television title by defeating Pak Song [b]CState[/b] - Roger Kirby retained the Central States Television title by defeating Marty Jannetty. [b]MLW[/b] - The Shiek retained the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Mark Lewin [b]MLW[/b] -Brito and Parisi retained the Canadian Open Tag Team titles by defeating Luke Williams and Tom Jones [b]UWA[/b] - Juan Rodriguez retained the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating La Parka

week 2, November 1983 - Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News JPUK[/b] - Bobby Barnes retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating David Taylor [b]UWA[/b] - Juan Rodriguez retained the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating Dr. Wagner, Jr [b]SWCW[/b] - Al Madril retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Ken Timbs [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Igor Volkoff [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News NJPW[/b] - Gran Hamada retained the WWF International title by defeating Isamu Teranishi [b]NJPW[/b] - Animal Hamaguchi won the WWF Junior Heavyweight title by defeating El Solitario [b]JPUK[/b] - Bobby Barnes retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating The Amazing Kung Fu [b]SWCW[/b] - Angel Acevedo won the Southwest Television title by defeating Kelly Kiniski [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Wojo The B.C. Hulk [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News GCW[/b] - Ted Dibiase retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Buzz Sawyer [b]WCCW[/b] - Chris Adams retained the WCCW Television title by defeating Kevin Von Erich [b]MSW[/b] - Ricky Morton retained the Mid-South Television title by defeating Krusher Khruschev [b]MSW[/b] - Junk Yard Dog retained the North American Heavyweight title by defeating Ernie Ladd [b]JPUK[/b] - Bobby Barnes retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Peter Roberts [b]CState[/b] - Roger Kirby retained the Central States Television title by defeating Tommy Rogers [b]CState[/b] - Bob Brown retained the Central States Heavyweight title by defeating Moondog Rex [b]CWA[/b] - Austin Idol retained the AWA International title by defeating Bill Dundee [b]SWCW[/b] - Angel Acevedo retained the Southwest Television title by defeating Shawn Michaels [b]UWF[/b] - Akira Maeda retained the Universal International Heavyweight title by defeating Dan Severn [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]No title matches[/b]

week 3, November 1983 - Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Larry Anoa'i [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]PNW Around the Horn[/b] Tonight I found out that I would be in tag team action with my regular partner, Danny Spivey, against the team of Joe Malenko and Scotty the Body. The match begins with Spivey in the ring for the Skyscrapers against Scotty the Body. After a couple of minutes of exchanging blows Scotty tags in Malenko. Spivey regained control and had it for most of the next four minutes as he started hammering away. This kept going until Malenko was able to get away and tag Scotty back in. A minute later Spivey whips Scotty into the corner and tags me in. I repeatedly speared Scotty then I dragged him out of the corner and first suplexed him, then mafia kicked him. I then picked him up and choke slammed him. I then covered and got the three count. [b]Time: 9 minutes, Match Rating: C[/b] [b]Elsewhere Around the Wrestling World WCCW[/b] - Chris Adams retained the WCCW Television title by defeating Tiger Jeet Singh. [b]WCCW[/b] - David Von Erich retained the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title by defeating Kamala [b]MSW[/b] - Ricky Morton retained the Mid-South Television title by defeating Bobby EAton [b]WWC[/b] - Carlos Colon retained the Universal Heavyweight title by defeating The Mighty Igor [b]SECW[/b] - Mr. Olympia retained the Alabama Heavyweight title by defeating Ken Lucas. [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]PNW's Big Time Wrestling show[/b] Tonight I am in the last match of the three match card and I am in a singles match against The Tonga Kid. This is the third time that I have faced him in singles with each of us having one victory apiece. For the first four minutes The Tonga Kid has been using an aerial attack and trying to keep me on the mat but I keep getting up and dishing out more punishment. A couple of minutes later and the Tonga Kid is mounting a comeback as he continuously hits me with knee drops and hamstring pulls as he is keeping me from getting off the mat. After a couple of minutes I get away from under an elbow drop. After I hit him with a throat thrust, he gets away and hits me with a flying elbow drop before climbing the ropes again and another flying elbow drop but he finds no one home. I quickly got to my feet and choke slammed him. I then covered and pinned him. [b]Time: 11 minutes, Match Rating: C[/b] [b]Elsewhere in the Wrestling World WWF[/b] - Don Muraco retained the WWF Intercontinental title by defeating Masked Superstar [b]MACW[/b] - Greg Valentine retained the United States Heavyweight title by defeating Dory Junk, Jr [b]GCW[/b] - Ted Dibiase retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Arn Anderson [b]AJPW[/b] - Bruiser Brody retained the NWA International Heavyweight title by defeating Giant Baba [b]CMLL[/b] - Dr. Wagner retained the NWA World Middleweight title by defeating Canek [b]CMLL[/b] - Anti-Authority retained the CMLL World Tag Team titles by defeating Perro Aguayo and El Gran Markus [b]MSW[/b] - Junk Yard Dog retained the North American Heavyweight title by defeating butch reed [b]CState[/b] - Tyler and Brown retained the Central States Tag Team titles by defeating Roger Kirby and Marty Jannetty [b]MLW[/b] - The Shiek retained the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Gino Brito [b]UWF[/b] - Akira Maeda retained the Universal International title by defeating Skull Murphy

week 3, November 1983 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Don Muraco retained the WWF Intercontinental title by defeating Pedro Morales [b]MACW[/b] - Harley Race retained the NWA World Heavyweight title by defeating Ricky Steamboat [b]WCCW[/b] - David Von Erich retained the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title by defeating Terry Gordy [b]CSW[/b] - Bad News Allen retained the CSW North American Heavyweight title by defeating Jim Neidhart [b]SECW[/b] - Mr. Olympia retained the Alabama Heavyweight title by defeating Ken Lucas [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News CState[/b] - Killer Karl Kox and Ox Baker won the Central States Tag Team titles by defeating Tyler and Brown [b]CState[/b] - Roger Kirby retained the Central States Television title by defeating Tommy Rogers [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating David Schultz [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News GCW[/b] - Ted Dibiase retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Buzz Sawyer [b]JPUK[/b] - Bobby Barnes retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating The Amazing Kung Fu [b]CWA[/b] - Austin Idol retained the AWA International title by defeating Bill Dundee [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]No title matches were scheduled[/b]

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]Wow! Great start to Callous' career. Was neat to see Mean Mark and Dangerous Dan together.[/QUOTE] Thanks. I'll take 3-2 so far in singles and 1-0 for the Skyscrapers. The team absolutely dominates with the power of Mean Mark and Dangerous Dan. Right now I am mainly only using two of Mark Calaway's finishes, the choke slam and the spinning inverted (tombstone) piledriver. I haven't used his catwalk smash yet because he hasn't even talked to Don Jardine yet at this time in his career. I sure wish though that they promote Mean Mark and get him out of opener status. I keep seeing him matched up in singles against Scotty the Body and The Tonga Kid almost every time. It's almost to the point that I could take care of The Tonga Kid in about 5 minutes if I wanted to.

For sure! While they are an interesting promotion with some great workers like Dynamite, Buzz Sawyer, Kendo Nagasaki and Curt Hennig, Pacific Northwest has a dreadful undercard. Sure, it might be kind of neat to face the future Raven, but the Indian War Party? Tonga Kid? Egads... I do admire how you've chosen to limit the promotions worked, as I feel it's the ideal way to get the most out of the career aspect of WreSpi and DOTT. By working too many gigs, your wrestler will inevitably jump in overness; often times at an unrealistic clip. If you limit yourself, the rookie-types actually seem to have that 'jobber' status for awhile - which is kind of cool, imo. Either way, Callous (sorry, he's always been Mean Mark Callous to me, heh) is off to a great start. Kudos to you in your roleplaying of the character, as far as development. Hopefully, you won't have to wait too long until crossing paths with Jardine. :)

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]For sure! While they are an interesting promotion with some great workers like Dynamite, Buzz Sawyer, Kendo Nagasaki and Curt Hennig, Pacific Northwest has a dreadful undercard. Sure, it might be kind of neat to face the future Raven, but the Indian War Party? Tonga Kid? Egads... I do admire how you've chosen to limit the promotions worked, as I feel it's the ideal way to get the most out of the career aspect of WreSpi and DOTT. By working too many gigs, your wrestler will inevitably jump in overness; often times at an unrealistic clip. If you limit yourself, the rookie-types actually seem to have that 'jobber' status for awhile - which is kind of cool, imo. Either way, Callous (sorry, he's always been Mean Mark Callous to me, heh) is off to a great start. Kudos to you in your roleplaying of the character, as far as development. Hopefully, you won't have to wait too long until crossing paths with Jardine. :)[/QUOTE] I'm going to try to mimic as much as possible the actual movement of Mean Mark. It won't be until probably June '84 that I will try to get him into WCCW. If I have an overness problem then I will have to go to Central States (in place of CIW) as "The Commando" first and then keep trying to get into WCCW. Then in 1989 I'll get into SWCW (in place of USWA) as the "Master of Pain" and/or "The Punisher". In 1990, while in WCW, I'll be trying to go to NJPW as "Punisher Dice Morgan". He was working in Japan at the same time while in WCW. His bio at the site ([url]www.undertaker-wwe.com[/url]) has his official wrestling debut in the summer of 1984 in WCCW with no mention of anything in PNW, so PNW in this thread anyway, is just part of his training. Here's something else, too. Mean Mark's first training session was with Buzz Sawyer. Callous gave him some money in return for some wrestling training but after Sawyer taught him how to hook-up, Sawyer skipped town.

week 4, November 1983 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News UWF[/b] - George South won the UWF World Lightweight title by defeating Juan Rodriguez [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]PNW Around the Horn[/b] I arrived for the show tonight and I find out that I am scheduled for another singles match against The Tonga Kid. The bell rings and I immediately go on the attack. I am totally dominating him as he has shown very little offense in the first four minutes. I get him in a head twist then I picked him up and powerbombed him before finishing him off with the spinning inverted piledriver as I pinned him for the easy win. [b]Time: 5 minutes, Rating: C[/b] In the opening match Don Running Bear won the PNW Television title by defeating Dean Malenko. [b]Today's Wrestling News AJPW[/b] - Giant Baba retained the PWF Heavyweight title by defeating Terry Funk [b]CMLL[/b] - Anti-Authority retained the CMLL World Tag Team titles by defeating El Gran Markus and Kung Fu [b]WWC[/b] - Bob Sweetan retained the WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title by defeating Inferno #1 [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]PNW - Big Time Wrestling[/b] Tonight when I arrived I saw that I am scheduled to team up again with Danny Spivey in a tag team match with a 45 minute time limit against the team of Joe Malenko and Scotty the Body again. The bell rings and I start things off against Joe Malenko. After three minutes of giving Malenko a beating he reverses a whip into a corner and tags in Scotty the Body. Scotty irish whips me and the ref is bumped and gets knocked out. After Scotty gouges my eyes I reverse an irish whip and tag in Spivey. Danny and Scotty go at each other for a few minutes then Spivey reverses an irish whip then whips Scotty into the corner and tags me in. After a few minutes of going blow-for-blow with me Scotty slips away and tags Malenko in. After a minute I whip Malenko into the corner and tag Spivey back in. After beating on Malenko for a couple of minutes Malenko avoids a spear and covers Spivey but he is able to kick out after a two count. Malenko then goes and tags Scotty in. Scotty jams his thumb into Spivey's throat then Danny gains control and hits Scotty with a full nelson bomb and tags me in. I hit Scotty with a clubbing blow and then choke slam him. I go for the pin but he kicks out at the last second. He is then able to get away and tags Malenko back in. He hits me a couple of times and then tries to put me in the late inning small package but I slip out of it and then choke slam him. I then cover and pin him for the win. [b]Time: 22 minutes, Rating: C[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Don Muraco retained the WWF Intercontinental title by defeating Bob Backlund. (the WWF Heavyweight title was not up) [b]MACW[/b] - Harley Race retained the NWA World Heavyweight title by defeating Ric Flair [b]GCW[/b] - Ted Dibiase retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Ole Anderson [b]AJPW[/b] - Giant Baba retained the PWF Heavyweight title by defeating Terry Funk [b]MSW[/b] - Junk Yard Dog retained the North American Heavyweight title by defeating Bobby Eaton [b]CWF[/b] - Kevin Sullivan retained the Florida Heavyweight title by defeating Barry Windham [b]CState[/b] - Ox Baker won the Central States Heavyweight title by defeating Bob Brown [b]UWA[/b] - Akio Sato won the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating George South [b]UWF[/b] - Akira Maeda retained the Universal International Heavyweight title by defeating Kodo Fuyuki

week 4, November 1983 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - Mad Dog Vachon retained the AWA Television title by defeating Billy Robinson [b]JPUK[/b] - Bobby Barnes retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Chic Cullen [b]JPUK[/b] - Clive Myers and Mil Mascaras won the World of Sport Tag Team titles by defeating the Caribbean Sunshine Boys [b]SWCW[/b] - Al Madril retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Ninja Warrior [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Ben Bassarab [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News JPUK[/b] - Alan Kilby won the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Bobby Barnes [b]JPUK[/b] - Johnny Saint retained the World Light Heavyweight title by defeating Jackie Pallo [b]CState[/b] - Super Destroyer II retained the Central States Television title by defeating Porkchop Cash [b]SWCW[/b] - Angel Acevedo retained the Southwest Television title by defeating Shawn Michaels [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News SWCW[/b] - Angel Acevedo retained the Southwest Television title by defeating Chick Donovan [b]UWF[/b] - Akira Maeda retained the Universal International Heavyweight title by defeating El Gran Apollo [b]SECW[/b] - Mr. Olympia retained the Alabama Heavyweight title by defeating Humongous [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MLW[/b] - Brito and Parisi retain the Canadian Open Tag Team titles by defeating Rusher Kimura and Otto Wanz

Mean Mark's Progress Mark Calaway's progress after November, 1983 [b]World Overness[/b] USA: 5 ([color=red]+4[/color]) Canada: 0 Mexico: 0 Japan: 0 UK: 0 [b]Skills and Attributes[/b] Spirit: 13 ([color=red]+3[/color]) Power: 76 Technique: 25 ([color=red]+1[/color]) Speed: 31 ([color=red]+1[/color]) Psychology: 59 ([color=red]+3[/color]) Stamina: 55 Toughness: 79 Charisma: 86 Microphone: 19 ([color=red]+1[/color]) Safety: 44 ([color=red]+1[/color]) Looks: 92 Respect: 6 ([color=red]+1[/color]) Disposition: Heel Lower Midcarder [b]PNW Wrestling Won/Lost Records[/b] Singles: 4 wins, 2 losses Tag Teams: 2 wins, 0 losses

I think I'm finding out more than I ever wanted to know about Mark Calloway's career here ;) Just kidding, excellent thread and I'm enjoying it a lot. Although how the hell Saint beat the great Jackie Pallo... bah!

[QUOTE=Jaded]I think I'm finding out more than I ever wanted to know about Mark Calloway's career here ;) Just kidding, excellent thread and I'm enjoying it a lot. Although how the hell Saint beat the great Jackie Pallo... bah![/QUOTE] Hey, what can I say? Like the fat guy in the CBS NFL football commercials used to say (I'll place catch phrase here) "I'm a big fan." :D

week 1, December 1983 - Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MLW[/b] - The Shiek retained the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Rene Goulet [b]UWA[/b] - Akio Sato retained the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating Juan Rodriguez [b]UWF[/b] - Fit Finlay retained the Universal Light Heavyweight title by defeating Ultraman [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]PNW Around the Horn[/b] I arrived at the show tonight and saw that I was scheduled to be in an 8-man tag team match with Don Running Bear and both Dean and Joe Malenko against the team of The Tonga Kid, Haruka Eigen, Dizzy Hogan, and Scotty the Body. The bell rings and Dean Malenko starts off for our team against Scotty the Body. The Iceman is mostly in command for the first four minutes and after putting Scotty to the mat with a back suplex, he tags me in. After a minute I throw him while choking him then he fights back and is able to tag in Dizzy Hogan. Hogan is in command but I am able to avoid a clubbing blow and hit him with a suplex before I go and tag in Don Running Bear. After two minutes Hogan is able to slip out of a rear chinlock and tags Eigen in. Two more minutes later after hitting Eigen with a tomahawk chop, DRB irish whips Eigen and tags in Joe Malenko. Eigen reverses an irish whip and tags in The Tonga Kid. Tonga Kid punches then dropkicks Malenko then Joe is able to irish whip him and tag in his brother. Tong Kid starts battering the Iceman with elbow drops, arm bars, and punches for a couple of minutes before the Iceman slips away and tags me in. Tonga Kid dropkicks me from the second rope and tags in Hogan. Hogan punches me twice then quickly tags in Eigen. I hit Eigen with a suplex and then he reverses an irish whip, judo tosses me twice, and puts me in a leg pull before tagging in Hogan. I am able to whip Hogan into our corner and tag in DRB. DRB hits Hogan with a flurry of chops after irish whipping him but Hogan avoids a flying tomahawk chop and tags in Tonga Kid. DRB reverses an irish whip and dropkicks Tonga Kid then he whips him into our corner and tags in Joe Malenko. Malenko gets Tonga Kid onto the mat, puts him in a single leg Boston crab, and then a single leg grapevine. He then puts him in the belly to belly wristlock and Tonga Kid submits to end the match. [b]Time: 25 minutes, Rating: D[/b] [b]EDITOR'S NOTE: I hate doing 4 on 4s. They take too long. It's a good thing, I guess, that it wasn't an elimination rules match.[/b] In the opening match Art Crews won the PNW Heavyweight title by defeating Harley Davidson. [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Bob Backlund retained the WWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Masked Superstar. [b]AJPW[/b] - Bruiser Brody retained the NWA International Heavyweight title by defeating Osamu Kido [b]WCCW[/b] - David Von Erich retained the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title by defeating Terry Gordy [b]SECW[/b] - Mr. Olympia retained the Alabama Heavyweight title by defeating Brad Armstrong [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]PNW - Big Time Wrestling[/b] I arrived for the show and I looked at tonight's card. OMG! I'm scheduled to be in a singles match against my tag team partner, Dangerous Danny Spivey! The bell rings and we are hammering away at each other and when he irish whips me the ref is bumped and knocked out. Spivey continues to gouge me in the eyes and hits me with a clubbing blows and shortly the ref comes to. I start to make a comeback with punches and throat thrusts before Danny comes right back and gouges my eyes. I was able to suplex him then hammer away on him from behind but he keeps right on gouging my eyes. I come back after yet another eye gouge by bear hugging him and slamming him into a corner. I then hit him with a flurry of stomps. As I pick him up, he gouges my eyes (what a surprise) and then whips me into a corner and kicks me in the stomach and clotheslines me. I avoid an elbow drop and twist his head. i tried to hit him with a flap jack but, you guessed it, he gouges my eyes. He puts me to the mat with a back breaker and gorilla presses me but I am able to kick out at the last second. I slip out of a domination powerbomb attempt and get him with a hammerlock back bomb. I then pick him up and choke slam him and cover him but he kicks out at the last second. I then start to choke him and I get a warning from the ref. Spivey then gouges my eyes, gets me with a hammerlock back bomb, then gorilla presses me. I am able to kick out at the last second then he irish whips me and the ref gets knocked out. He gorilla presses me again before I lariot clothesline and the ref comes to. I go for a pin but he kicks out at the last second. Spivey irish whips me but I reverse it and hit him with a clothesline. I then mafia kick him, hit him with a forearm in the back of his head, and whip him into a corner. I spear him then pick him up and choke slam him. I then cover him and get the three count for the victory. [b]Time: 23 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - Nick Bockwinkle retained the AWA World Heavyweight title by defeating Black Jack Mulligan [b]GCW[/b] - Ted Dibiase retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Buzz Sawyer [b]CMLL[/b] - Dr. Wagner retained the NWA World Middleweight title by defeating Dos Coras [b]MSW[/b] - Junk Yard Dog retained the North American Heavyweight title by defeating Butch Reed [b]CWF[/b] - Kevin Sullivan retained the Florida Heavyweight title by defeating Dutch Mantell [b]CState[/b] - Ox Baker retained the Central States Heavyweight title by defeating luke Graham [b]MLW[/b] - The Shiek retained the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating The Mighty Igor [color=red]That's it for this week folks. I'll continue this next Thursday night when I go back to work[/color]

week 1, December 1983 - Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News JPUK[/b] - Keith Hayward won the British Lightweight title by defeating Ben McCoy [b]SWCW[/b] - Al Madril retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Killer Tim Brooks [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News NJPW[/b] - Antonio Inoki won the WWF International title by defeating Gran Hamada [b]JPUK[/b] - Keith Hayward retained the British Lightweight title by defeating Chic Cullen [b]CStates[/b] - Super Destroyer II retained the Central States Television Title by defeating Marty Jannetty [b]CStates[/b] - Harley Race won the Central States Heavyweight title by defeating Ox Baker [b]CSW[/b] - Bad News Allen retained the CSW North American Heavyweight title by defeating Phil Lafon [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - Greg Valentine retained the United States Heavyweight title by defeating The Great Kabuki [b]GCW[/b] - Ted Dibiase retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Tommy Rich [b]WCCW[/b] - Chris Adams retained the WCCW Television title by defeating The Missing Link [b]CWA[/b] - Jerry Lawler retained the Southern Heavyweight title by defeating Rick Rude [b]SWCW[/b] - Angel Acevedo retained the Southwest Television title by defeating Chick Donovan [b]UWF[/b] - Akira Maeda retained the Universal International Heavyweight title by defeating Kintaro Oki [b]SECW[/b] - Bob Armstrong retained the Southeastern Heavyweight title by defeating Rip Rogers [b]ASW[/b] - Tomko and Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight Tag Team titles by defeating Rick Patterson and David Schultz [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News CWF[/b] - Kevin Sullivan retained the Florida Heavyweight title by defeating Ken Mantell

week 2, December 1983 - Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News AJPW[/b] - Giant Baba retained the PWF Heavyweight title by defeating Osamu Kido [b]MLW[/b] - The Shiek retained the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Rick Martel [b]UWA[/b] - Akio Sato retained the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating Doink the Clown [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]PNW - PNW Around the Horn[/b] I arrived at the show and I saw that I was not scheduled to be on the card but my tag team partner Danny Spivey was so I stayed to watch the show. He lost his match to Scotty the Body. During the show Don Running Bear retained the PNW Television title by defeating Joe Malenko. [b]Today's Wrestling News AJPW[/b] - Chavo Guerrero Sr retained the NWA International Junior Heavyweight title by defeating Mitsuharu Misawa [b]AJPW[/b] - Giant Baba retained the PWF Heavyweight title by defeating Bruiser Brody [b]CMLL[/b] - Dr. Wagner retained the NWA World Middleweight title by defeating Mascara Sagrada [b]WWC[/b] - Bob Sweetan retained the WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title by defeating Moondog Spot [b]WWC[/b] - Carlos Colon retained the Universal Heavyweight title by defeating Invader #3 [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]PNW - Big Time Wrestling (TV)[/b] I arrived for the TV show and found that not only was I scheduled in a singles match against Harley Davidson, but I also was scheduled for my first interview. It came time for my interview with Don Coss so I headed out for the ring. No sooner than we started the interview that Danny Spivey comes out. He's come out to verbally confront me because of what happened in our match last week on the show. I kept trying to reason with him but he wouldn't listen and the interview was cut short with the fans totally behind him. With the interview ended Harley Davidson headed out to the ring for our match. The bell rings and we are going at each other blow for blow for the first five minutes before Davidson started to gain control. He had control for a couple of minutes but then I avoided a flying double axe handle and kicked him in the gut before irish whipping him and hitting him with a clubbing blow. A giant suplex puts Davidson down on the mat and I gave him a mafia kick. Davidson regained control and after getting me on the mat, he began kicking away at me. I avoided a kick and after a couple of minutes of action I grabbed him in a bear hug and rammed him into a corner. I speared him then hit him with a flurry of elbows. I went to powerbomb him but he got out of it by gouging my eyes. I reversed an irish whip and slammed him to the mat with a twisting powerslam. Davidson kicked out of my pin attempt at the last second but I then choke slammed him and got the three count. [b]Time: 14 minutes, Rating: C[/b] I went back and stayed until after the show went off the air and I asked Don Coss what was going on. He told me that the head booker and owner, Don Owen, decided to turn Danny Spivey into a babyface. Does this mean that we have to break up the Skyscrapers? Don Coss said that he didn't know. He also told me that Tony Parisi has been signed to wrestle here and that Billy Jack Haynes was released. [b]Today's Wrestling News AJPW[/b] - Bruiser Brody retained the NWA International Heavyweight title by defeating The Destroyer [b]NJPW[/b] - Animal Hamaguchi retained the WWF Junior Heavyweight title by defeating El Solitario [b]MSW[/b] - Ricky Morton retained the Mid-South Television title by defeating Bob Roop [b]MSW[/b] - Junk Yard Dog retained the North American Heavyweight title by defeating Jos Leduc [b]CWF[/b] - Pat Song retained the CWF Television title by defeating Barry Windham [b]CWF[/b] - The Heavy Smokers (Kevin Sullivan/Superstar Billy Graham) retained the CWF Heavyweight Tag Team titles by defeating Dusty Rhodes and Skip Young [b]CStates[/b] - Super Destroyer II retained the Central States Television title by defeating Marty Jannetty [b]MLW[/b] - The Shiek retained the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Bobo Brazil [b]CSW[/b] - Loch Ness Monster won the CSW North American Heavyweight title by defeating Bad News Allen

week 2, December 1983 - Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - Mad Dog Vachon retained the AWA Television title by defeating Mr. Saito [b]SWCW[/b] - Angel Acevedo retained the Southwest Television title by defeating Igor Volkoff [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News JPUK[/b] - Alan Kilby retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Keith Hayward [b]CStates[/b] - Harley Race retained the Central States Heavyweight title by defeating Killer Karl Kox [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Al Tomko [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News GCW[/b] - Ted Dibiase retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Arn Anderson [b]GCW[/b] - Ronnie Garvin retained the National Television title by defeating Road Warrior Animal [b]WCCW[/b] - Chris Adams retained the WCCW Television title by defeating Kevin Von Erich [b]SECW[/b] - Mr. Olympia retained the Alabama Heavyweight title by defeating Jimmy Golden [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Buzz Tyler [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News CWF[/b] - Kevin Sullivan retained the Florida Heavyweight title by defeating Otto Wanz

Archived