The (Re)Birth of a Phenom(inal) Deadman

The Spoiler (my favorite) lost the National Title! Boo-Hiss!! :) Haystacks is tough, huh? He put an end to your winning streak! I liked the ending to that match, as I could visualize it very well. You gave him a good run for his money at the beginning, but the Giant seemed to be his dominant self. Congrats on the World Class signing. I think Fritz snookered you, though. A year at $60 per app.? Ugh! While the game doesn't take finances into account, I'd like to imagine that Callous will make a lot of money for that promotion. Hopefully you'll make a lot of appearances to offset that 'slave labor'. ;) Once you start work for WCCW (one of my favorite promotions), can you list their roster? I'm curious to see who will still be around - and who the newcomers are. Maybe Jardine will head over there, now that he lost that title. Well done!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
week 1, May 1984 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News JPUK[/b] - Alan Kilby retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Les Thornton [b]UWA[/b] - Akio Sato retained the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating George South [b]SWCW[/b] - Mike Shaw retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Bob Della Serra [b]PPW[/b] - Rocky Johnson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Lars Anderson [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News PNW[/b] - Released Rip Rogers [b]WWF[/b] - Jesse Ventura retained the WWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Hulk Hogan [b]GCW[/b] - Les Thornton retained the GCW Junior Heavyweight title by defeating Mando Guerrero [b]NJPW[/b] - Antonio Inoki retained the NWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Tatsumi Fujinami [b]JPUK[/b] - Jon Cortez retained the British Lightweight title by defeating Ben McCoy [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]WCCW - World Class Wrestling TV Show[/b] I arrived for the TV taping and I saw that I was going to be in the next to last match of the card in a steel cage against Angel Acevedo. Angel Acevedo and Texas Red entered the cage and the bell rang to start the match. I gave Acevedo a clubbing blow and a throat thrust then, after we slip out of each other's move, I irish whipped him. Acevedo avoided a clubbing blow and applied a front facelock and a top wrist lock before dropkicking me. I got out of the way before Acevedo could stomp on me and I gave him a giant suplex and a kick in the back. Acevedo reverse my attempt to launch him into a cage wall and got a face full of steel. We both broke out of each other's moves and then I irish whipped him and he ducked under a clothesline and applied a front facelock. I slipped out of a snap mare and gave him an arm wringer smash and whipped him into a corner. Acevedo slipped out of the corner and dropkicked me then stomped on me before dropping an knee. He then hit me with a forearm and irish whipped me into a knee lift and applied a side headlock. I reversed an irish whip and clotheslined him then kicked him in the back. Acevedo broke out of a head twist and punched me before snap maring me to the mat. We avoided each other's move then he alternated side headlocks and punches. I slipped out of a front facelock but he reversed another try at sending him into a cage wall. I avoided a knee drop and twisted his head before Acevedo fought back and punched me. He gave me an arm whip and a forearm in the back of the head before applying a hammerlock. I slipped out of an arm wringer and gave him a hammerlock back bomb and a flurry of elbows. I irish whipped Acevedo but he ducked under a lariat clothesline and applied a side headlock before punching me twice. I avoided a kick in the gut but he countered a press slam attempt with a forearm blow and then applied a side headlock before launching me into a cage wall. I avoided a knee drop but Acevedo fought back and applied a side headlock before he kicked me in the gut. I slipped out of a side headlock and he countered a backbreaker with a punch. I slipped out of another side headlock and launched him into a cage wall and gave him a flap jack. I started to climb a cage wall but Acevedo caught me at the top and then punched me and applied a top wrist lock and a hammerlock. Acevedo gave me a forearm in the back of the head but I slipped out of a hammerlock. I then irish whipped him but he ducked under a lariat clothesline . I slipped out of another hammerlock and put Acevedo in a bear hug before driving his back into a corner and then choked him. Acevedo fought back and gave me an arm wringer smash before I avoided a dropkick. He countered an inverted piledriver try with a kick in the gut. I then reversed a launch into a cage wall, sending him into the wall instead. Acevedo countered a flap jack with a forearm blow but I slipped out of a hammerlock and irish whipped him. A lariat hits it's target and then I climbed up a cage wall and out of the cage to win my first match in WCCW. [b]Time: 18 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] During the main event David Von Erich retained the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title by defeating Toru Tanaka. [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - Harley Race retained the United States Heavyweight title by defeating Jay Youngblood [b]GCW[/b] - Ole Anderson won the National Heavyweight title by defeating Rick Martel [b]NJPW[/b] - Animal Hamaguchi retained the WWF Junior Heavyweight title by defeating Tiger Mask [b]CWA[/b] - Steve Keirn retained the AWA International title by defeating Bill Dundee [b]SWCW[/b] - Dick Slater won the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Mike Shaw [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Phil Hickerson [b]ASW[/b] - Tony Charles retained the All-Star Television title by defeating George South [color=blue]Sunday[/color] There were no title matches today

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]The Spoiler (my favorite) lost the National Title! Boo-Hiss!! :) Haystacks is tough, huh? He put an end to your winning streak! I liked the ending to that match, as I could visualize it very well. You gave him a good run for his money at the beginning, but the Giant seemed to be his dominant self. Congrats on the World Class signing. I think Fritz snookered you, though. A year at $60 per app.? Ugh! While the game doesn't take finances into account, I'd like to imagine that Callous will make a lot of money for that promotion. Hopefully you'll make a lot of appearances to offset that 'slave labor'. ;) Once you start work for WCCW (one of my favorite promotions), can you list their roster? I'm curious to see who will still be around - and who the newcomers are. Maybe Jardine will head over there, now that he lost that title. Well done![/QUOTE] Giant Haystacks is definately dominant but I almost had him. Who knows, maybe if I lasted a couple more minutes it could have gone the other way. I probably should have taken a 6-month contract first and then keep hoping for an extension but maybe the bookers will keep me going, especially after my contract with PNW runs out. As you wish oh mighty one. Here is the current WCCW roster as of the beginning of week 2 in May of 1984: [b]Owner[/b] Fritz Von Erich [b]Head Booker[/b] Sam Muchnich [b]Annoucers[/b] Bill Mercer Marc Lawrence (color commentator) [b]Road Agents[/b] George Scott Jose Lothario [b]Referees[/b] David Manning Randy Anderson [b]Managers[/b] Gary Hart Jean-Louis Cormier Precious Skandor Akbar Sunshine [b]Active Wrestlers[/b] Akio Sato Angel Acevedo Angelo Mosca Barbarian Bob Brown Buddy Rogers Butch Miller Chief Jay Strongbow Chris Youngblood Cyclone Negro David Von Erich Eddie Gilbert Eric Embry Frank Dusek Fumihiro Nikura Giant Haystacks Jim Garvin Joe Savoldi Jos Leduc Ken Mantell Ken Timbs Ken Wayne Kendo Nagasaki Kerry Von Erich Kevin Von Erich Killer Kahn Killer Tim Brooks Leo Burke Les Thornton Michael Hayes Mike Von Erich Ray Candy Rick Martel Ron Bass Scott Irwin Stan Lane Steve DiSalvo Terry Gordy [color=red]Texas Red (Mark Callous)[/color] Tiger Mask Tony Garea Toru Tanaka As I did while in PNW I will be putting in the wrestling news any roster movements in WCCW. Unfortunately history couldn't repeat itself because this is where Mark Callous first met William Moody. William Moody (as Percy Pringle) was released three months ago.

week 2, May 1984 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MLW[/b] - The Mighty Igor won the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Rick Martel [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]WCCW - The Dallas Sportatorium Show[/b] I arrived for tonight's show and saw that I would be in a 3 versus 2 tag team match. My teammates are going to be Leo Burke and "Jumping" Joe Savoldi and we will be against Barbarian and Chris Youngblood. The bell rings and I am in the ring against Barbarian. He irish whips me into a kick in the gut and then applied a front facelock. Barbarian irish whips me again into a running clothesline. I avoid a stomp and he avoids a clubbing blow. Barbarian punches me and applied a side headlock before giving me a running clothesline and applying a front facelock. He kicks me in the gut then I duck under a running clothesline and give him a throat thrust. I giant suplexed him then kicked him in the back and Barbarian slips out of a backbreaker and applies an arm wringer before punching me. For the next two minutes he gives me a series of knife edge chops, punches, and front facelocks before I am able to slip away but the ref didn't see the tag. Barbarian applies a front facelock then I slip out of a side headlock and whipped him into the corner and tag in Leo Burke. Barbarian slips out of the corner and punches Burke and applied a side headlock. He kicks him in the gut and then punches him before applying a side headlock. Burke slipped out of a front facelock and gave Barbarian a dropkick and a knee drive in the leg then applied a single leg grapevine and an inside toe hold. Burke gives him a bionic elbow and Barbarian broke from a DDT and punched Burke and then kicked him in the gut. Burke countered a knife edge chop with a punch then headbutted Barbarian. Barbarian broke from a neckbreaker and applied a side headlock before punching Burke and kicking him in the gut. Barbarian applies a side headlock then Burke avoids a punch and irish whips him. Burke tags Joe Savoldi and he gave Barbarian a flying forearm then tried to pin him but Barbarian kicked out at the last second. Savoldi then hit Barbarian with a Thesz press but Barbarian kicks out at the last second. Savoldi then irish whips him into a flying forearm and Barbarian kicks out of a pin attempt at the last second. Savoldi then slaps on the main event sleeper hold but Barbarian does not submit. Barbarian avoided a Thesz press but is stopped from making a tag and is given a double underhook suplex. Barbarian avoids a dropkicksault try and irish whips Burke into a punch and a clubbing blow. Barbarian irish whips Savoldi but Savoldi ducks under a punch and gives him a running dropkick then puts him in the late inning small package. Jean-Louis Cormier pulled the ref away to stop the count then Savoldi hits Barbarian with a pair of Thesz presses but each time Barbarian kicks out at the last second. Savoldi then gives him a flying forearm but he is distracted by Cormier. Barbarian applied a front facelock and irish whipped Savoldi into a kick in the gut. Barbarian irish whips him again into a kick in the gut then tags Chris Youngblood. Chris applies a top wrist lock and gives Savoldi an arm wringer smash but is then stopped from climbing the turnbuckles. Chris fights back and gives Savoldi a side headlock takedown. Savoldi slips away but Chris stops him from making a tag and slaps him in the chest. Savoldi slipped out of a side headlock and irish whips Chris. Savoldi tags me and I give Chris a clubbing blow and a giant suplex before kicking him in the back. I picked up Chris, lifted him up by the neck, and then threw him down to the mat and gave him a mafia kick and twisted his head. Chris broke from a choke slam try but I reversed an irish whip. Chris rushed to prevent me from giving him a big boot. I slipped out of a front facelock and irish whipped Chris and he ducks under a lariat clothesline and applied a side headlock and gave me a tomahawk chop. I slipped from a knee bar and gave him a hammerlock back bomb and then an inverted piledriver. I then covered and pinned him for the win for the team. [b]Time 14 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Tito Santana retained the WWF Intercontinental title by defeating Nikolai Volkoff [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]PNW - Big Time Wrestling TV Show[/b] I flew into Portland for the TV taping only to find that I am not going to be on the show this week. During the show Dan Severn won the PNW Heavyweight title by defeating Earthquake. [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Jesse Ventura retained the WWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Pedro Morales [b]MACW[/b] - The Scooby Gang retained the Mid-Atlantic U.S. Tag Team titles by defeating Orton & Slater [b]GCW[/b] - Ole Anderson retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Ronnie Garvin [b]CMLL[/b] - Fishman retained the NWA World Middleweight title by defeating Chavo Guerrero, Sr [b]NJPW[/b] - Antonio Inoki retained the NWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Kintaro Oki [b]MSW[/b] - Andre the Giant retained the North American Heavyweight title by defeating Junk Yard Dog [b]CWF[/b] - Break and Enter (Pak Song/Genichiro Tenryu) retained the CWF Heavyweight Tag Team titles by defeating The Mighty Igor and Otto Wanz [b]UWA[/b] - El Solitario retained the UWA World Middleweight title by defeating Rick Gibson [b]CSW[/b] - Mongolian Stomper retained the CSW North American Heavyweight title by defeating Davey Boy Smith

week 2, May 1984 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News JPUK[/b] - Johnny Saint retained the World Light Heavyweight title by defeating Jackie Pallo [b]UWA[/b] - El Solitario retained the UWA World Middleweight title by defeating Perro Aguayo [b]PPW[/b] - Rocky Johnson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Lars Anderson [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News PNW[/b] - Signed Norman Smiley. Released Michael Kirschner. [b]WCCW[/b] - Released Chief Jay Strongbow [b]NJPW[/b] - Killer Kahn retained the WWF International title by defeating Seiji Sakaguchi [b]CWA[/b] - Otto Wanz retained the Southern Heavyweight title by defeating Austin Idol [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]WCCW - World Class Wrestling TV Show[/b] I arrived for the TV taping and saw that I was going to be wrestling in a singles match against Steve DiSalvo. The bell rings and I give DiSalvo a throat thrust, a clubbing blow, and a giant suplex before kicking him in the back. I then irish whipped him and he avoids a kick. I reversed an irish whip and gave him a clothesline. DiSalvo fights back and gives me a clubbing blow and applies a side headlock. I slipped out of a top wrist lock and gave DiSalvo a backbreaker and kicked him in the back before whipping him into a corner. DiSalvo slips out of the corner and applied an arm wringer and a top wrist lock before giving me a forearm in the back of the head. I slipped out of an arm wringer and gave DiSalvo a backbreaker, a clubbing blow, and a giant suplex. DiSalvo avoided a mafia kick and applied a side headlock and an arm wringer before kicking me in the gut and applying a top wrist lock. He then gave me a forearm in the back of the head and applied an arm wringer before punching and irish whipping me. I ducked under a clothesline but he countered a flap jack attempt with a kick in the gut. DiSalvo then headbutted me and applied an arm wringer, a side headlock, and a hammerlock. I slipped out of an arm wringer and gave him a hammerlock back bomb and a mafia kick before choking him and twisting his head. DiSalvo reversed an irish whip and punched me. I slipped out of a top wrist lock and gave him a backbreaker into the turnbuckles and then choke slammed him. I then covered and got the three count for the victory. [b]Time: 9 minutes, Rating: C[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News GCW[/b] - Ole Anderson retained the National Television title by defeating Jumbo Tsuruta [b]CStates[/b] - Harley Race retained the Central States Television title by defeating Killer Karl Kox [b]CWA[/b] - Otto Wanz retained the Southern Heavyweight title by defeating Roger Kirby [b]CWA[/b] - Ken Timbs won the AWA International title by defeating Steve Keirn [color=blue]Sunday[/color] There were no title matches today

week 3, May 1984 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News CWF[/b] - Dory Funk, Jr retained the Florida Heavyweight title by defeating Otto Wanz [b]CWA[/b] - Ken Timbs retained the AWA International title by defeating Billy Two Eagles [b]UWF[/b] - Akira Maeda retained the Universal International Heavyweight title by defeating Lizmark [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]WCCW - The Dallas Sportatorium Show[/b] I arrived in Dallas for the show and found that I would be in an one fall anywhere table match against Akio Sato. The bell rings and I gave Sato a throat thrust. He reversed an irish whip but I avoided a european uppercut and gave him a giant suplex. Sato avoided a kick in the back and gave me a back fist, european uppercut, and a side headlock takedown. I slipped out of a rear chinlock and gave Sato a backbreaker and kicked him in the back. I climbed the turnbuckles and gave him a flying double axe handle. Sato fought back but I broke a fireman's carry takedown and gave him an arm wringer smash and a clubbing blow. I then choked him and gave him a hammerlock back bomb and a mafia kick. Sato avoided a knee lift and irish whipped me into a palm thrust. He gave me another one then applied a rear chinlock. Sato gave me a forearm in the gut and a judo sweep before I slipped from a knee drive and whipped him into a corner. I speared him then threw him out of the ring. I went out after him, picked up a chair, and hit Sato with it in the back. We went back into the ring and Sato countered a flap jack attempt with a back fist and then gave me a european uppercut. I slipped out of a rear chinlock but Sato countered a backbreaker with a back fist and then applied a front facelock. He gave me a single leg trip and a knee pull before I slipped out of a head/straight arm lock and gave him a hammerlock back bomb. I then left the ring and slid a table into the ring. Sato recovered and fought back and applied a top wrist lock and a russian legsweep. I slipped from a knee pull but he reversed an irish whip and gave me a back kick. I slipped from a front facelock and gave him a hammerlock back bomb. Sato countered a choke slam try with a back fist then gave me a single leg trip and a knee pull. Sato then applied a double hand wrist lock and I slipped from a knee drive and gave him a double backbreaker. Sato broke from a choke slam and applied a front facelock before giving me a side headlock takedown and an arm breaker. I slipped out of a double hand wrist lock and gave him a backbreaker before applying a giant choke. He broke a choke slam and applied a side headlock and gave me a snap kick. I slipped from a head/straight arm lock and irish whipped him with the ref being knocked out in the process. Sato avoided a clothesline and gave me a back fist and a judo sweep. I avoided an arm breaker and gave him a choke throw. He avoided a flurry of elbows and I countered a forearm blow with a throat thrust and gave him a mafia kick. I then gave him a double backbreaker and irish whipped him. Sato avoided a lariat clothesline and gave me a hammerlock drive into a corner and repeatedly rammed me with a shoulder. He then applied an arm trap head twist and an achiles tendon hold. The ref recovers as I broke from a belly to belly wristlock and gave him a giant suplex. Sato fought back and irish whipped me into a dropkick in the knee. I slipped from a fujiwara armbar and gave him a double backbreaker. Sato countered a choke slam with a back fist. I broke from a bearhug and irish whipped him into a lariat. Sato broke a domination powerbomb and gave me a double underhook suplex. I slipped from an achilles tendon hold and whipped him into a corner. Sato fought back and irish whipped me into a rolling wheel kick. I slipped from an achilles tendon hold and drove a knee lift into him. I then gave him a backbreaker and a giant choke. Sato fought back but I countered a shoulder arm breaker with a punch then irish whipped him. He prevented me from giving him a twisting powerslam and gave me a pair of double underhook suplexes. I slipped from a double underhook suplex and whipped him into a corner. I then choked Sato then gave him a backbreaker into the turnbuckles and he started to bleed. I choke slammed him through the table to win my first table match. [b]Time: 26 minutes, Rating: B-[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Sika won the WWF Intercontinental title by defeating Tito Santana [b]WWC[/b] - Carlos Colon retained the Universal Heavyweight title by defeating Abdullah the Butcher [b]PPW[/b] - Rocky Johnson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Angel of Death [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]PNW - Big Time Wrestling TV Show[/b] I flew into Portland and was told that I would not be on the show this week. I watched the show then flew back to Texas. [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - The Lone Gunmen retained the AWA World Tag Team titles by defeating The Bruiser and The Crusher [b]WWF[/b] - Sika retained the WWF Intercontinental title by defeating Afa [b]MACW[/b] - Wahoo McDaniel retained the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title by defeating Dusty Rhodes [b]NJPW[/b] - Antonio Inoki retained the NWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Jim Duggan [b]CWF[/b] - Dory Funk, Jr won the CWF Television title by defeating Pak Song

hopefully he'll be over enough by 1990 and not broke. I might have to jump to Central States early but right now I'm getting used twice a week in WCCW and maybe once a week in PNW until my contract runs out in two weeks or so. I wonder who will be in the WWF by then.

week 3, May 1984 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson won the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Rocky Johnson [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News PNW[/b] - Signed Brian Pillman. [b]WCCW[/b] - Signed Gypsy Joe. Released Ray Candy. [b]NJPW[/b] - Killer Kahn retained the WWF International title by defeating Gran Hamada [b]NJPW[/b] - Team Pride retained the I.W.G.P. Tag Team titles by defeating Seiji Sakaguchi and Tatsumi Fujinama [b]CStates[/b] - Harley Race retained the Central States Television title by defeating Killer Karl Krupp [b]SWCW[/b] - Jason the Terrible retained the Southwest Television title by defeating Lane Huffman [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]WCCW - World Class Wrestling TV Show[/b] [b]Match: Ken Wayne and [color=red]Texas Red[/color] versus Akio Sato[/b]: The match begins with Ken Wayne in the ring against Akio Sato. Sato applies a front facelock but Wayne breaks out from a toss to corner and dropkicks him. Sato breaks out of head scissors and gives Wayne a pair of fireman's carry takedowns. Wayne slips out of a fron facelock and irish whips Sato into a knife edge chop and he applies a side headlock. Wayne gives Sato a snap mare takedown but Sato counters a dropkick with a single leg trip and then applies a front facelock. Sato gutwrench suplexes Wayne but he slips out of a knee pull and whips Sato into our corner and tags me in. Sato slips out of the corner and dropkicks me. I slip out of a double hand wrist lock and irish whip Sato into a kick in the gut and then a giant suplex. I kick him in the back and give him a clubbing blow and a backbreaker before twisting his head. I picked Sato up and choke throw him to the mat. He avoids a mafia kick and gives me a single leg trip and a knee pull. Sato then applies a side headlock and a front facelock before giving me a back fist and then applies another side headlock. He gives me a fireman's carry takedown and a side headlock takedown then I slip out of a rear chinlock and give him a hammerlock back bomb and a flurry of elbows. Sato countered a choke slam attempt with a back fist and gives me a single leg trip. I slip out of a knee pull and whip him into our corner before tagging in Ken Wayne. Sato avoids a knife edge chop and gives Wayne a single leg trip and a knee pull before applying a rear chinlock then a head and straight arm lock. Sato gives Wayne a knee pull then Wayne slips from a double hand wrist lock and gives him a Thesz press. Sato kicks out of the pin attempt at the last second then Wayne DDTs him. Sato kicks out of a pin attempt at the last second then Wayne puts Sato into the late inning small package. Sato kicks out of the pin attempt at the last second then Wayne gives him a piledriver and a Thesz press only to have Sato kick out again at the last second. Wayne irish whips Sato but he avoids a running body press and gives Wayne a knee pull. Wayne slips from a rear chinlock and gives Sato a back suplex then whips him into our corner and tags me in. I try to spear Sato in the corner but he slips away and applies a double hand wrist lock. I slip from a knee pull and irish whip him but he ducks under a lariat clothesline and applies a front facelock. I slip out of a side headlock and give him a double backbreaker. Sato counters an inverted piledriver attempt with a back fist and irish whips me into an arm whip. I irish whip Sato but he prevents me from giving him a twisting powerslam and irish whips me into a palm thrust. I slip out of a side headlock and gave him a backbreaker into the turnbuckles. Sato fights back and irish whips me but I avoid an european uppercut and started choking him. Sato fights back and gives me a single leg trip but I slip out of a knee pull and tag in Ken Wayne. Wayne puts Sato into the late inning small package and pins him. [b]Time: 14 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News CWA[/b] - Otto Wanz retained the Southern Heavyweight title by defeating Stan Lane [b]SWCW[/b] - Dick Slater retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Bob Sweetan [color=blue]Sunday[/color] No title matches were held tonight.

week 4, May 1984 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MLW[/b] - The Mighty Igor retained the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Otto Wanz [b]UWF[/b] - Akira Maeda retained the Universal Heavyweight title by defeating Genichiro Tenryu [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Rocky Johnson [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]WCCW - The Dallas Sportatorium Show[/b] [b]Match: [color=red]Texas Red[/color] versus Fumihiro Nikura[/b] The bell rings and I give Nikura a throat thrust and he counters a giant suplex with a dropkick. I slip from a knee drive and give Nikura a backbreaker and a kick in the back. I then give him a clubbing blow, a kick in the gut, and then irish whip him into a clothesline and a mafia kick. Nikura breaks out of a head twist and applies a hammerlock before giving me an arm wringer smash, a jab punch, and an european uppercut. I avoid an european uppercut and put him in a bearhug and drive his back into a corner. I then spear Nikura and give him a flap jack before irish whipping him. He counters a lariat with a clothesline and gives me an european uppercut, a knee pull, and a legdrop. I slip from a knee pull and give him a hammerlock back bomb and begin choking him. I irish whip Nikura but he ducks under a lariat. I slip out from an arm wringer and gave him a backbreaker into the turnbuckles. Nikura counters a choke slam attempt with a dropkick then he punches me, gives me a spinning backhand blow and a knee pull. I slip away from a knee drive and gave him a hammerlock shoulder breaker. Nikura avoids a choke attempt and gives me an arm wringer smash, a dropkick, and a knee pull. He gives me another arm wringer smash then I slip out of a hammerlock and irish whip him. Nikura avoids a big boot but I counter a rolling wheel kick with a lariat clothesline. I cover Nikura but he kicks out at the last second. Nikura breaks from a powerbomb attempt and gives me a spinning backhand blow and applies an arm wringer before irish whipping me in to a jab punch. I countered an european uppercut with a choke slam but Nikura kicks out of a pin attempt at the last second. He slips from an inverted piledriver attempt and applies a hammerlock. I break away from an arm wringer and gave him a hammerlock back bomb. Nikura fights back and gives me an arm wringer smash before applying a couple of hammerlocks. Nikura gives me a spinning inferno kick and a legdrop but I fight back and press slam him. He kicks out of the pin attempt at the last second and reverses an irish whip, knocking out the ref in the process. Nikura gives me a triple kick combo but I avoid a basement dropkick and choke him before twisting his head. Nikura countered a hammerlock with a dropkick and then gives me a charging roll up, a legdrop, and a double leg bridging roll up. I slip out of a DDT try and the ref recovers. I irish whip Nikura but he avoids a lariat. Nikura gives me an enziguri kick but it has no effect on me (no sell hell). He counters a powerbomb with a dropkick but I avoid a basement dropkick and started choking him. Nikura counters a choke slam try with a dropkick but I avoid a slingshot legdrop. He countered a flap jack with a dropkick but I avoided a basement dropkick and choke slammed him. I then pinned him for the win. [b]Time: 20 minutes, Rating: B-[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWC[/b] - Carlos Colon retained the Universal Heavyweight title by defeating Invader #1 [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]PNW - Big Time Wrestling TV Show[/b] I arrived for the TV show but did not wrestle. [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - Terry Funk retained the NWA World Heavyweight title by defeating The Assassin [b]MACW[/b] - The Scooby Gang retained the Mid-Atlantic U.S. Tag Team titles by defeating Orton & Slater [b]MACW[/b] - Harley Race retained the United States Heavyweight title by defeating Ricky Steamboat [b]CMLL[/b] - Fishman retained the NWA World Middleweight title by defeating Enrique Vera [b]NJPW[/b] - Killer Kahn retained the WWF International title by defeating Seiji Sakaguchi

week 4, May 1984 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News UWA[/b] - Akio Sato retained the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating George Smith [b]UWA[/b] - El Solitario retained the UWA World Middleweight title by defeating Perro Aguayo [b]SWCW[/b] - Dick Slater retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Bob Sweetan [b]CSW[/b] - Ed Moretti retained the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Kerry Brown [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Rocky Johnson [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Ron Bass [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]WCCW - The Parade of Champions Match: [color=red]Texas Red[/color] versus Chris Youngblood[/b] After my interview was cut short, thanks to Angel Acevedo, my match begins. Youngblood avoids a clubbing blow and applies a front facelock before giving me a knife edge chop. I slip from a side headlock and I gave Youngblood a backbreaker, a kick in the back, a giant suplex, and another kick in the back. He broke out of a head twist and gave me a flying knife edged chop and applies a knee bar. Youngblood gives me a tomahawk chop and a slap in the chest before applying a side headlock and giving me a knife edge chop and an arm wringer smash. I avoid a flying knife edge chop and gave him a bear hug and rammed his back into a corner. Youngblood avoided a spear and applies a rear chinlock before irish whipping me into a slap in the chest and applying a side headlock. I countered a slap to the chest with a throat thrust and gave him a mafia kick that makes him start to bleed. Youngblood broke out of a head twist and gave me a side headlock takedown. I slip from a rear chinlock and gave him a backbreaker into the turnbuckles. He broke from a choke slam attempt and applied a front facelock and gave me a snap mare takedown before raking my back. I slip from a side headlock and irish whip Youngblood but he ducks under a lariat and countered an inverted piledriver attempt with a slap in the chest. Youngblood irish whips me into a running dropkick and applies a knee bar. I slipped from a rear chinlock and gave him a hammerlock back bomb. Youngblood breaks from a choke slam try and gave me a flying double axe handle. I stop him from climbing the turnbuckles but he counters my attempt to choke him with a slap in the chest. Youngblood kicks me in the gut and applies a side headlock before slapping me in the chest. I slip from a side headlock and whip him into a corner and speared him. Youngblood counters a powerbomb try with a slap in the chest and irish whips me into another slap in the chest and a knife edge chop. He applies a side headlock and gave me a knife edge chop and a slap in the chest. I slip from a snap mare and Youngblood counters a bear hug with a kick in the gut. I slip from a front facelock but he counters a mafia kick with a kick in the gut. I slip from a side headlock and irish whip Youngblood but he avoids a running elbow smash. He irish whips me but I avoid a kick in the gut and I drop him on the top rope. Youngblood slips from a double backbreaker and applies a hammerlock. I slip from a neckbreaker and gave him a hammerlock back bomb before he fights back. Youngblood gives me a slap in the chest and he countered a choke slam try with a slap in the chest. He gives me an arm wringer smash and I toss him over the top rope but he stops me from leaving the ring. I irish whip him but he ducks under a lariat then I slip from an arm wringer and gave him a double backbreaker. Youngblood breaks from a head twist and gives me an arm wringer smash and takedown. I avoided a tomahawk chop and choke slammed him. I then pinned him. [b]Time: 18 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News PNW[/b] - Released Earthquake. [b]WCCW[/b] - Signed Brian Pillman and released Ron Bass. [b]NJPW[/b] - Animal Hamaguchi retained the WWF Junior Heavyweight title by defeating Tiger Mask [b]AJPW[/b] - Giant Baba retained the PWF Heavyweight title by defeating Tito Santana [B]SWCW[/b] - Dick Slater retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Larry Cameron [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]WCCW - World Class Wrestling TV Show Match: [color=red]Texas Red[/color] versus Steve DiSalvo[/b] The bell rings and I gave DiSalvo a throat thrust and a kick in the gut before suplexing him. DiSalvo reverses an irish whip and punches me. I reverse an irish whip and the ref is knocked out. I gave DiSalvo a clothesline then he avoids a kick in the back and gives me a kick in the gut and a punch in the face before applying a side headlock, a top wrist lock, and an arm wringer. DiSalvo punches me then I broke out of a hammerlock and gave him a backbreaker. He fights back and applies a side headlock before punching me and irish whipping me into a clothesline. The ref recovers while I fight back and bodyslam him and gave him a kick in the chest. DiSalvo avoided a flying double axe handle and punched me before applying a top wrist lock. He gives me a forearm in the back of the head and an arm wringer smash before putting me in a side headlock between punches. DiSalvo irish whips me and the ref is knocked out again. DiSalvo gives me a clubbing blow and a headbutt then I slip from a side headlock and gave him a backbreaker, a kick in the back, and a mafia kick. DiSalvo slips from a hammerlock and gives me a forearm in the back of the head before applying a hammerlock. He gives me a forearm in the back of the head then I slip out of a hammerlock and gave him a hammerlock back bomb and twisted his head. The ref recovers as DiSalvo counters a flap jack with a punch and applies a top wrist lock. I slip from an arm wringer but DiSalvo counters a backbreaker with a kick in the gut. DiSalvo punches me and I reverse an irish whip into a flurry of punches. He counters a powerbomb try with a punch. I slip from a top wrist lock but DiSalvo counters a bearhug with a kick in the gut. He kicks me in the gut again then applies a side headlock and a top wrist lock before giveing me a forearm in the back of the head. I slip from a hammerlock and gave him an arm wringer smash and whipped him into a corner, where I speared him. DiSalvo countered a choke slam try with a punch then I slip from an arm wringer and irish whip him into a twisting powerslam. DiSalvo kicks out of a pin attempt at the last second. He breaks from a choke slam try and gives me a headbutt, a punch, and a kick in the gut before applying an arm wringer. DiSalvo gives me a clubbing blow and applies a hammerlock but I slip from a backbreaker and irish whip him into a giant choke. He avoids a flurry of elbows and gives me a punch in the face, a bodyslam, and a knee drive in the arm. I reverse an irish whip but he avoids a running double axe handle and gives me a discus punch and a gorilla press. I kick out of a pin attempt at the last second. DiSalvo irish whips me into a discus punch. I avoid a gorilla press but he counters a press slam attempt with a punch. DiSalvo irish whips me into a shoulder tackle and a gorilla press but I kick out of the pin attempt at the last second. DiSalvo then puts me in the atlas bearhug and I couldn't take the pain anymore and submitted, ending my five game winning streak in singles matches. [b]Time: 18 minutes, Rating: C[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News JPUK[/b] - Heavy Duty retained the World of Sport Tag Team titles by defeating Jon Cortez and Peter Roberts [b]SWCW[/b] - Jason the Terrible retained the Southwest Television title by defeating Phil Lafon [b]SWCW[/b] - Dick Slater retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Ed Moretti [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Rip Rogers [color=blue]Sunday[/color] There were no title matches today.

Mark's progression from May 1 to June 1, 1984 [color=red]Changes are in red[/color] [b]World Overness[/b] USA - 17 ([color=red]+1[/color]) Canada - 0 Mexico - 0 Japan - 0 UK - 0 [b]Skills/Attributes[/b] Spirit - 32 ([color=red]+2[/color]) power - 76 technique - 37 ([color=red]+2[/color]) speed - 42 ([color=red]+2[/color]) psychology - 78 ([color=red]+6[/color]) stamina - 59 toughness - 80 charisma - 90 microphone - 26 ([color=red]+2[/color]) safety - 53 ([color=red]+3[/color]) looks - 92 respect - 14 ([color=red]+3[/color]) [b]Promotions & Match Records[/b] [color=blue]Pacific Northwest[/color] Disposition: Heel Upper Midcarder Won/Lost records: Singles: 18-3 Tag Teams: 10-0 [color=blue]World Class Championship Wrestling[/color] Disposition: Heel Lower Midcarder Won/Lost records: Singles: 5-2 Tag Teams: 2-0

week 1, June 1984 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News UWF[/b] - Rose to Regional size [b]MACW[/b] - Rose to Global size [b]MLW[/b] - The Mighty Igor retained the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Pampero Firpo [b]UWF[/b] - Ultraman retained the Universal Light Heavyweight title by defeating Fantasma [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Rocky Johnson [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]WCCW - The Dallas Sportatorium Show Match: [color=red]Texas Red[/color] versus Brian Pillman - Steel Cage[/b] This is the WCCW debut for Flyin' Brian Pillman and, like my debut, it is in a steel cage. The bell rings and I give Pillman a throat thrust, a giant suplex, a kick in the back, and then I launch him into a cage wall. Pillman avoids a mafia kick but I counter his jab punch with a throat thrust. He slips out of a backbreaker and puts me in a hammerlock then rams me into a corner. Pillman then smashes my head into the top turnbuckle and gets me to the mat with a snap mare takedown. I slip out of a side headlock and give Pillman a hammerlock back bomb and then twist his head. Pillman reverses a launch and I go into a cage wall. I avoid a knee drop but he counters my attempt to choke him with a knife edge chop. I again slip out of a side headlock and give him a backbreaker against the turnbuckles in a corner and then choke slam him. I go to one of the walls of the cage and climb out and over for the win. [b]Time: 4 minutes, Rating: D[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWC[/b] - Carlos Colon retained the Universal Heavyweight title by defeating Medic #1 [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]PNW - Big Time Wrestling TV Show[/b] I flew to Portland and ended up watching the show for the final time as I was not going to be wrestling. After the show I gave Don Owen, the owner and head booker for the Pacific Northwest territory, the PNW Television title and thanked him again for the time that I was here because this was the last day of my contract with him and PNW. [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - Harley Race retained the United States Heavyweight title by defeating Jack Brisco [b]MACW[/b] - Wahoo McDaniel retained the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title by defeating Ricky Steamboat

week 1, June 1984 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News JPUK[/b] - Alan Kilby retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Peter Roberts [b]UWA[/b] - Doug Somers won the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating Akio Sato [b]UWA[/b] - El Solitario retained the UWA World Middleweight title by defeating Dean Ho [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Man Mountain Mike [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Stan Frazier [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]WCCW - June Star Wars Match: [color=red]Texas Red[/color], Leo Burke, Frank Dusek versus Steve DiSalvo and Fumihiro Nikura - 3 vs. 2 - Elimination Rules[/b] The match begins with Texas Red and Steve DiSalvo in the ring. DiSalvo reverses an irish whip into a punch and then applies a side headlock and a top wrist lock. I slip from a hammerlock and give him an arm wringer smash, a throat thrust, a clubbing blow, and a kick in the gut. DiSalvo counters a giant suplex try with a kick in the gut and then irish whips me into a clothesline. DiSalvo then gives me a forearm in the back of the head, a hammerlock drive, and smashes my head into a turnbuckle. I slip from a rear chinlock and irish whip him but he avoids a clubbing blow and kicks me in the gut. I slip from a top wrist lock and give DiSalvo a forearm in the back and whip him into a corner. DiSalvo slips away and tags Fumihiro Nikura. Nikura gives me a jab punch, an arm wringer smash, and a spinning backhand blow. I slip out of an arm wringer and whip him into my corner and tag Leo Burke. Burke gives Nikura a knife edge chop and a headbutt. He then gives him a dropkick and a knee drop before applying an arm bar. Nikura avoids a flying double axe handle and applies a hammerlock. Burke counters an arm wringer with a forearm blow and gives Nikura a fireman's carry takedown. Nikura avoids an elbow drop and gives Burke a knee pull. Burke counters a jab punch with a forearm blow and gives him a bionic elbow. Nikura slips out of a backbreaker and tags DiSalvo. DiSalvo gives Burke a headbutt then applies a side headlock before giving him a giant suplex. DiSalvo applies a rear chinlock but Burke slips from a knee pull and irish whips him. The ref does not see Burke tag Dusek and DiSalvo punches Burke then applies a side headlock and punches him again. DiSalvo applies a top wrist lock then irish whips Burke into a punch. DiSalvo applies a top wrist lock and gives Burke an atomic drop. Burke avoids a stomp but DiSalvo reverses a whip into a corner and smashes his head into a turnbuckle. DiSalvo applies a top wrist lock and gives Burke a forearm in the back of the head before applying a full nelson and giving him a double stomp. DiSalvo gives Burke a knee pull and a hammerlock drive but Burke counters an avalanche try with a dropkick and then tags Frank Dusek. Dusek gives DiSalvo a kick in the back, an elbow drop then gouges his eyes. Dusek then gives DiSalvo a punch before applying a front facelock. DiSalvo counters a bite to the forehead with a punch and tosses Dusek into a corner. They each break out of a move and DiSalvo applies a side headlock. Dusek counters a top wrist lock with an eye gouge and then jabs his thumb into DiSalvo's throat and slams his face into the mat. DiSalvo avoids an elbow and applies a side headlock, a top wrist lock, and a hammerlock before tagging Nikura. Dusek avoids a dropkick and gives Nikura a rope rake and irish whips him into a pair of forearm blows. Nikura breaks from a hammerlock and gives Dusek a jab punch. Dusek slips from an arm wringer and whips Nikura into our corner and tags me in. Nikura counters a spear try with a dropkick but I slip from a knee pull. After Nikura blocks a couple of moves I countered a hammerlock with a punch. Nikura avoids a choke attempt and dropkicks me. I slip from a knee drive and put Nikura into a bearhug and smash his back into the turnbuckles and then speared him. I choke slammed Nikura and got the pin to eliminate him. DiSalvo punches me then kicks me in the gut and gives me a bodyslam, drives a knee into my arm, punches me, and applies a hammerlock. DiSalvo gives me an atomic drop and drives a knee into my arm. I avoid a stomp and whip him into my corner and tag in Burke. Burke gives DiSalvo a high knee in the corner then DiSalvo blocks a couple of moves and kicks him in the gut before headbutting him. Burke slips from a side headlock and gives DiSalvo an atomic drop and whips him into our corner and tags Dusek. Dusek irish whips DiSalvo and the ref gets knocked out. Dusek gouges his eyes but DiSalvo counters a jab with a thumb with a side headlock and applies a top wrist lock and an arm wringer to go with it. Dusek slips from a suplex and bites DiSalvo's forehead. DiSalvo avoids a face slam and applies a side headlock. Dusek counters a punch with a forearm blow and DiSalvo counters a brass knuckles punch with a side headlock. Dusek slips from a hammerlock and gives DiSalvo a knee face driver and a bionic elbow and an elbow drop. DiSalvo reverses an irish whip and punches Dusek. Dusek slips from a side headlock as the ref comes to. Dusek applies a head vice and a head claw but DiSalvo does not submit. Dusek then gives him a leaping piledriver then pins him to win the match. [b]Time: 18 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News WCCW[/b] - Signed Fred Ottman. Released Joe Savoldi and Butch Miller [b]JPUK[/b] - Heavy Duty retained the World of Sport Tag Team titles by defeating Caribbean Sunshine Boys [b]JPUK[/b] - Alan Kilby retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Kendo [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Pez Whatley [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]WCCW - World Class Wrestling TV Show Match: [color=red]Texas Red[/color], Leo Burke, Ken Wayne versus Fumihiro Nikura and Barbarian - 3 vs. 2 One Pinfall[/b] The match begins and Leo Burke is in the ring against Fumihiro Nikura. Burke gives Nikura a forearm blow and a headbutt. Nikura slips from a knee drive and applies an arm wringer and a hammerlock before dropkicking him. Nikura gives Burke an european uppercut and a knee pull before applying an arm wringer and a hammerlock. Nikura dropkicks him but Burke slips from a knee drive and whips him into our corner and tags Ken Wayne. Wayne gives him a knife edge chop then applies a side headlock and an arm wringer before dropkicking him. Wayne applies head scissors and a rear chinlock before giving Nikura a discus punch and a knee drop. Nikura avoids a legdrop and gives Wayne a knee pull and then tags Barbarian. Barbarian applies a rear chinlock then stomps on him and gives him a legdrop. Wayne slips from a front facelock and dropkicks him. Barbarian breaks from head scissors and gives Wayne a knife edge chop and a clubbing blow before applying a front facelock and giving him a clubbing blow. Wayne avoids a punch and whips Barbarian into our corner and tags me in. I ram my shoulder into him a couple of times and give him a kick in the back and a suplex. Barbarian avoids a kick in the chest and gives me a knife edge chop before applying a rear chinlock and stomping on me. He applies a rear chinlock then I fight back and give him a backbreaker. Barbarian breaks from a head twist and gives me a punch and a kick in the gut before applying a side headlock and a front facelock. He irish whips me and the ref is knocked out. Barbarian gives me a punch and a running clothesline before I avoid an elbow drop and give him a mafia kick. I wrap Barbarian in a bearhug and smash his back into the turnbuckles then speared him. Barbarian counters a choke slam try with a punch and kicks me in the gut. He applies a side headlock and the ref recovers as Barbarian irish whips me and tags Nikura. Nikura irish whips me but I avoid an european uppercut and put him in a bearhug before smashing his back into the turnbuckles and I tag in Burke. Burke applies a single leg grapevine but Nikura blocks a couple of holds and gives him a jab punch, a bodyslam, a knee drive to the leg, and a knee pull. Nikura then irish whips Burke but he avoids an european uppercut and gives him a bionic elbow. Burke applies a sleeper hold but Nikura does not submit. Nikura counters a clutch hold suplex try with a dropkick but Burke slips from a knee pull and slaps on the main event sleeper hold. Nikura again does not submit. Burke gives him a piledriver but he blocks a couple of moves and tries to go to his corner but Burke stops him from tagging out. Nikura fights back and gives Burke a bodyslam and then tags Barbarian. Burke avoids a legdrop but is stopped from tagging out by Barbarian. Barbarian applies a front facelock then irish whips Burke into a punch. Burke slips from a front facelock and whips Barbarian into our corner and tags in Wayne. Wayne gives Barbarian a dropkick in the corner and covers him but Barbarian kicks out at the last second. Wayne then hits the Thesz press but Barbarian kicks out at the last second. Wayne gives Barbarian a DDT but he breaks a figure-four leglock and gives Wayne a kick in the gut and a running clothesline before applying a rear chinlock. Barbarian gives Wayne an elbow drop and a running clothesline before stomping on him. Wayne avoids a double stomp but Barbarian counters a late inning small package with a punch and applies a front facelock. Barbarian kicks Wayne in the gut and punches him but Wayne counters a clubbing blow with a punch and whips him into our corner and tags me in. Barbarian counters a spear try with a running clothesline and tags Nikura. He applies a hammerlock then I avoid a dropkick and give him a flap jack and an inverted piledriver. Nikura starts to bleed but he kicks out at the last second so I gave him another inverted piledriver and then pin him for the win. [b]Time: 16 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] During the show Killer Tim Brooks retained the WCCW Television title by defeating Stan Lane. [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - The Scooby Gang retained the Mid-Atlantic U.S. Tag Team titles by defeating Harley Race and Greg Valentine [b]JPUK[/b] - Alan Kilby retained the World Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Kwik-Kik Lee [b]SWCW[/b] - Dick Slater retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Ed Moretti [b]ASW[/b] - Tony Charles retained the All-Star Television title by defeating Bobby Jaggers [color=blue]Sunday[/color] There were no title matches today.

week 2, J8ne 1984 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - The Scooby Gang retained the Mid-Atlantic U.S. Tag Team titles by defeating Greg Valentine and Rufus R. Jones [b]MACW[/b] - Terry Funk retained the NWA World Heavyweight title by defeating The Assassin [b]MACW[/b] - Wahoo McDaniel retained the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title by defeating Ricky Steamboat [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]WCCW - The Dallas Sportatorium Show Match: [color=red]Texas Red[/color], Ken Wayne, Ken Mantell versus Fumihiro Nikura and Giant Haystacks[/b] I guess for Nikura it's if at first you don't suceed, try another tag partner. This time it's the BIG guy, Giant Haystacks, in his corner. The bell rings with me and Fumihiro Nikura. Nikura avoids a throat thrust and sandwiches a running neck snap between hammerlocks. He then gives me a dropkick before I slip from a knee pull and give him a backbreaker and a kick in the back. Nikura tries to fight back but I reverse an irish whip and kick him in the gut and gave him a clubbing blow. He counters a bearhug try with a dropkick and tags Giant Haystacks. I avoided a knee drop but Haystacks avoids a kick in the back and applies a front facelock before kicking me in the gut. I slip from a snap mare but Haystacks breaks an arm wringer and slaps me in the chest. I slip from a side headlock and whip him into a corner. Haystacks slips away and gives me a forearm in the back of the head and a backbreaker. I avoid a knee drop and whip him into my corner and tag Ken Wayne. Haystacks avoids a knife edge chop and irish whips Wayne but he avoids a running body smash and gives the big guy a dropkick and an elbow drop. Haystacks breaks an arm bar and irish whips Wayne into a headbutt and applies a front facelock. Wayne slips from a top wrist lock and applies a hammerlock then gives him a dropkick and a knee drop. Wayne then applies a rear chinlock and gives Haystacks a legdrop and a knife edge chop. Wayne applies an arm bar before Haystacks avoids a knee drop. Wayne avoids a kick in the back and gives Haystacks a running clothesline and an elbow drop. Haystacks avoids a leg drop and tags Nikura. Wayne avoids a legdrop and whips Nikura into our corner and tags Ken Mantell. Mantell smashes Nikura's head into the turnbuckle. Nikura breaks from a hammerlock and gives Mantell a spinning back hand blow. Mantell avoids a dropkick and gives Nikura a gutwrench suplex but Nikura ends up on top and gets a one-count. Nikura applies an arm wringer and then gives Mantell a couple of jabs and a spinning back hand blow. Nikura applies a hammerlock and an arm wringer before giving Mantell a dropkick and a leg drop. Mantell avoids a knee drive and gives Nikura a backbreaker and applies head scissors. Nikura avoids a dropkick and bodyslams Mantell before going to make a tag. Mantell stops Nikura and whips him into our corner and tags me in. I spear Nikura in the corner but he breaks from a head twist and irish whips me into a jab. He irish whips me again and tags Haystacks, who gives me a headbutt and applies a side headlock. Haystacks gives me a slap in the chest and irish whips me, accidentally knocking the ref out. I avoid a kick and whip Haystacks into our corner and tag Ken Wayne. The crowd counts as Wayne gives Haystacks ten punches in the corner but then Haystacks reverses and puts Wayne in the corner. Haystacks smashes Wayne's head into a turnbuckle then Wayne slips from a side headlock and gives him a dropkick. Wayne then gives Haystacks a knee drop, a leg drop, a running dropkick, and an elbow drop before applying an arm bar. The ref recovers and Wayne gives Haystacks a fist drop from the second rope. Haystacks slips from a single leg grapevine and gives Wayne a forearm in the back of the head and a backbreaker. Wayne avoids a kick in the back and gives Haystacks a discus punch. Haystacks breaks from a figure-four leglock and applies a side headlock and a front facelock. Haystacks then gives Wayne a slap in the chest, a knife edge chop, stomps on his chest twice, and then walks across Wayne's chest. Haystacks smashes Wayne with a giant elbow drop and then pins Ken Wayne, ending the match. [b]Time: 13 minutes, Rating: C[/b] During the show, Killer Tim Brooks retained the WCCW Television title by defeating Stan Lane [b]Today's Wrestling News WWC[/b] - Carlos Colon retained the Universal Heavyweight title by defeating Abdullah the Butcher [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - Wahoo McDaniel retained the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title by defeating Ric Flair [b]MACW[/b] - Harley Race retained the United States Heavyweight title by defeating Ricky Steamboat [b]WWF[/b] - Sika retained the WWF Intercontinental title by defeating Tony Garea [b]MSW[/b] - Junk Yard Dog retained the Mid-South Television title by defeating The Mighty Igor [b]UWF[/b] - Akira Maeda retained the Universal International Heavyweight title by defeating Jesse Barr [b]UWA[/b] - Doug Somers retained the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating La Parka [b]UWA[/b] - Mil Mascaras won the UWA World Middleweight title by defeating El Solitario [b]PNW[/b] - David Taylor won the PNW Television title by defeating Brian Pillman [b]CSW[/b] - Ed Moretti retained the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Brickhouse Brown

Great work on this diary, captainlou! Too bad Brian Pillman got so harshly destroyed in his WCCW debut! I think that kid has potential! What's with all the 3-on-2 matches they book? And what the hell happened to the WCCW roster? Where are Chris Adams and Gino Hernandez? They are the top draws in one of my games. Anyway, keep up the fine work! :D

[QUOTE=XellenceOfXecution]Great work on this diary, captainlou! Too bad Brian Pillman got so harshly destroyed in his WCCW debut! I think that kid has potential! What's with all the 3-on-2 matches they book? And what the hell happened to the WCCW roster? Where are Chris Adams and Gino Hernandez? They are the top draws in one of my games. Anyway, keep up the fine work! :D[/QUOTE] WCCW went down from CULT to REGIONAL size. Both Chris Adams and Gino Hernandez left when they couldn't agree to contract terms. If WCCW owner Fritz Von Erich were to ask me about Brian Pillman, like he asked Giant Haystacks in my debut, I would have told him the same thing. Too bad that that's not part of the game where you are in a match against someone making their debut and are asked in a Q&A format about your opponent after the match. My guess is that the 3-on-2 matches give the head booker a chance to get more wrestlers in the show.

week 2, June 1984 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Jesse Ventura retained the WWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Rocky Johnson [b]SWCW[/b] - Orton & Slater retained the Southwest Tag Team titles by defeating Ed Moretti and Bob Sweetan [b]CSW[/b] - Mongolian Stomper retained the CSW North American Heavyweight title by defeating Jose Luis Rivera [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Man Mountain Mike [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Rip Rogers [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News WCCW[/b] - Released Toru Tanaka [b]GCW[/b] - Ole Anderson retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Angelo Mosca [b]NJPW[/b] - Killer Kahn retained the WWF International title by defeating Seiji Sakaguchi [b]JPUK[/b] - Jon Cortez retained the British Lightweight title by defeating Mike Marino [b]CStates[/b] - Harley Race retained the Central States Television title by defeating Killer Karl Krupp [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]WCCW - World Class Wrestling TV Show Match: [color=red]Texas Red[/color] versus Fumihiro Nikura[/b] The match is the next to last match on the card. The bell rings and I dominate in the early going. I gave Nikura a throat thrust, a kick in the back, a clubbing blow, then a giant suplex. I then climbed the ropes and gave him a flying double axe handle and then a flap jack and a flurry of punches while he was on the mat. I then gave him a mafia kick and then climbed to the top rope and gave him a flying standing elbow smash. I irish whip him into a twisting powerslam and Nikura kicks out of the pin attempt at the last second. Nikura countered a flying clothesline attempt with a dropkick. I slip from a knee pull and gave Nikura a double backbreaker. Nikura countered a choke slam attempt with a dropkick and then hit me with a jab and an european uppercut. Nikura dropkicks me then I fight back and started choking him. Nikura breaks from a bearhug but I countered a hammerlock with a punch and then choke slammed him. I covered and pinned Nikura for the win. [b]Time: 6 minutes, Rating: C[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News ASW[/b] - Tomko and Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight Tag Team titles by defeating Rip Rogers and Barry Darsow [color=blue]Sunday[/color] There were no title matches today.

Just wanted to pipe in with my usual kudos to this fantastic diary, cap. There's been a few highly entertaining writers in this diary section; you rank right up there at the top. I have to say that your run downs on the other title defenses are [I]almost[/I] as fun as reading about ol' Texas Red. Mil Mascaras and El Solitario trading that Middleweight strap is a lucha dream match. I'm not too hip on that scene, but I have a great respect for both men (despite the slagging Mascaras gets these days, heh); nice to see them slug it out. I also like to see Bob Orton & Dick Slater as champs in Blanchard's Southwest promotion. Those two were a tremendous team - it's nice that the game recognizes that fact, as well. :) Again, well done and thanks for the great reading!

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]Just wanted to pipe in with my usual kudos to this fantastic diary, cap. There's been a few highly entertaining writers in this diary section; you rank right up there at the top. I have to say that your run downs on the other title defenses are [I]almost[/I] as fun as reading about ol' Texas Red. Mil Mascaras and El Solitario trading that Middleweight strap is a lucha dream match. I'm not too hip on that scene, but I have a great respect for both men (despite the slagging Mascaras gets these days, heh); nice to see them slug it out. I also like to see Bob Orton & Dick Slater as champs in Blanchard's Southwest promotion. Those two were a tremendous team - it's nice that the game recognizes that fact, as well. :) Again, well done and thanks for the great reading![/QUOTE] I'm loving every minute and enjoy doing this for myself and all the readers. I'm going to try to keep this up and get Mean Mark to the NWA/WCW in 1989 (that would be probably in the Mid-Atlantic territory which is now GLOBAL size) and get him going as the Undertaker in the WWF in 1990 (in November of that year because the Survivor Series was around Thanksgiving). This in itself will take quite a while to get to that far with me right now in mid 1984. I may have to start his time as "The Commando" and probably as "Master of Pain" early if I start getting close to running out of money or if I'm let go by WCCW. If I remember correctly, I think that Mil Mascaras was in the WWWF/WWF in the mid to late 1970s and early 1980s. If I'm correct, then I probably saw him live.

week 3, June 1984 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News UWA[/b] - Mil Mascaras retained the UWA World Middleweight title by defeating El Solitario [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Kenny Jay [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]WCCW - The Dallas Sportatorium Show Match: Ken Mantell, [color=red]Texas Red[/color], Akio Sato versus Chris Youngblood, Frank Dusek, Fumihiro Nikura -- 3 vs. 3 elimination rules[/b] The match begins with Mantell against Youngblood. Chris gives Mantell a flying knife edge chop and applies a rear chinlock before irish whipping him into a slap in the chest. Mantell stops Chris from climbing to the top rope and gives him a backbreaker and a knee drop. Mantell then gives him a dropkick and applies head scissors. Chris avoids a stomp and gives Mantell a knife edge chop and a tomahawk chop before applying a front facelock. He then gives Mantell a side headlock takedown and applies a rear chinlock and a knee bar. Mantell fights back and gives Chris a hammerlock drive and a flurry of punches in the corner. Chris breaks away and tags Fumihiro Nikura. Nikura puts Mantell in a hammerlock then Mantell slips from an arm wringer and whips Nikura into our corner and tags me in. I ram my shoulder into Nkura a couple of times then kick him in the back. Nikura avoids a mafia kick but I stop him from tagging out and give him a choke throw and twist his head. Nikura falls on top of me after a flap jack but I kick out after a one-count. Nikura gives me a european uppercut and then tags Frank Dusek. Dusek irish whips me and knocks the ref out. He gives me a punch and gouges my eyes before applying a front facelock. Dusek punches me and irish whips me into a forearm blow and he gives me a forearm in the back of the head. He applies a top wrist lock and gives me a hammerlock blow. I avoid a forearm and whip Dusek into our corner and tag Akio Sato. The ref recovers as Sato gives Dusek a knife edge chop in the corner. Dusek avoids a palm thrust and gives Sato a forearm blow and an eye gouge before irish whipping him into a punch and another eye gouge. Dusek applies a top wrist lock an irish whips him but Sato avoids an eye gouge and gives Dusek a back fist and a single leg trip before applying a head and straight arm lock. Sato applies a top wrist lock then a judo sweep before Dusek slips from a double hand wrist lock and irish whips Sato, knocking the ref out again. After they each counter a move Dusek avoids a knee drive and gives Sato an arm wringer smash and a flying double axe handle before applying a top wrist lock. He irish whips Sato and gouges his eyes before applying a front face lock. Dusek whips Sato into a corner and smashes Sato's head into a turnbuckle. Sato slips out of the corner and tags Mantell. The ref recovers as Mantell gives Dusek a double underhook suplex but Dusek breaks a single leg boston crab and gives Mantell a forearm blow and gouges his eyes. Dusek does it again and then irish whips him, knocking the ref out for the third time. Dusek tags Youngblood but Mantell avoids a kick and gives him a backbreaker. Chris breaks from a suplex and slaps Mantell in the chest and applies a side headlock. Chris kicks Mantell in the gut then Mantell slips from a snap mare and irish whips him and gives him a dropkick in the knee. Chris slips out of a single leg boston crab and tags Nikura. Nikura gives Mantell a jab then Mantell avoids a dropkick and gives Nikura a side suplex and a knee drop before mafia kicking him. The ref recovers as Nikura slips from a spinning toe hold and tags Dusek. Dusek punches Mantell and gives him a rope rake then Mantell slips from a top wrist lock and gives Dusek a backbreaker and a headbutt. Mantell gives Dusek a double underhook suplex and applies a spinning toe hold but Dusek does not submit. Mantell then gives him a double arm DDT and pins Dusek and eliminates him. Youngblood comes in and slips from a backbreaker and gives Mantell a backbreaker before applying a rear chinlock and a top wrist lock. Mantell slips out of a hammerlock then runs and tags me in. I put Chris in a bearhug and smashes him into the corner turnbuckles. He avoids a spear in the corner and then tags Nikura. Nikura gives me a jab and applies a hammerlock before giving me a running neck snap and a european uppercut. I counter a rolling wheel kick with a kick in the gut then Nikura falls on top of me after a flap jack and I kick out at 2. Nikura applies an arm wringer then I avoid a jab and whip him into our corner and tag Sato. Nikura counters a rolling wheel kick with a monkey flip and drives a knee into Sato's leg. Sato slips from a knee pull and puts him in a bearhug before driving him into the turnbuckles. Sato irish whips Nikura into a side spinning kick then Nikura reverses an irish whip but Sato stops him from tagging out. Sato gives Nikura a double underhook suplex and applies a belly to belly wristlock but Nikura does not submit. Sato gives Nikura a sit-out powerbomb but Nikura kicks out of the pin attempt at the last second. Nikura reverses an irish whip and clotheslines Sato and tags Youngblood. Sato slips from a front facelock and tags Mantell. Mantell puts Chris in a full nelson then Chris blocks a couple of moves. Mantell slips from a side headlock and german suplexes Chris but Chris is able to kick out of the pin attempt at the last second. Chris breaks from a DDT and applies a side headlock on Mantell and slaps his chest. Chris applies a front facelock and gives Mantell a snap mare but Mantell avoids a kick and bodyslams Chris and applies a head claw. Chris does not submit so Mantell gives him a double arm DDT and Chris starts to bleed. Mantell then pins Youngblood to eliminate him. Mantell gives Nikura a double underhook suplex but Nikura breaks from a head claw attempt and gives Mantell a european uppercut before applying a hammerlock. Nikura gives Mantell a european uppercut then Mantell slips from a bodyslam and tags me in. I choke slam Nikura but he kicks out of the pin attempt at the last second. I give Nikura an inverted piledriver and he still kicks out of a pin attempt at the last second. I then irish whip him but he avoids a lariat clothesline and applies an arm wringer before giving me a rolling wheel kick and a legdrop. I slip from a knee drive and whip Nikura into a corner. The spear attempt is countered by a dropkick and Nikura gives me a knee pull and applies a hammerlock. Nikura gives me a rolling wheel kick then I slip from an arm wringer. He counters a bearhug attempt with a dropkick but I break out of a double leg bridging roll up and tag Sato. The two of them go at each other move for move for the next four minutes then a frustrated Sato tags in Mantell. Mantell puts the head claw on Nikura but he does not submit. Nikura counters a punch with a backslide and gets a one-count. Nikura gives Mantell a european uppercut, a knee pull and a legdrop. Nikura then gives him a rolling wheel kick followed by a snap suplex and a knee drive in the leg. Mantell avoids a legdrop but the ref doesn't see a tag and Nikura gives him a snap suplex and a knee pull before putting him in a double leg bridging roll up. Mantell kicks out at the last second then Nikura gives him a rolling wheel kick and a legdrop. Mantell avoids a dropkick and whips Nikura into our corner and tags me in. Nikura counters a spear attempt with a dropkick and then gives me a knee drive in the leg and a legdrop. I avoid a double leg bridging rollup attempt but he counters a choke slam attempt with a dropkick. I again avoid a double leg bridging rollup attempt and he counters an inverted piledriver attempt with a dropkick and gives me a legdrop. I avoid a third attempt at a double leg bridging rollup but Nikura breaks from a running powerslam attempt and gives me a rolling wheel kick. I avoid a dropkick and Nikura counters a spinning inverted piledriver attempt with a dropkick. I fight back and choke him. He fights back but I then slip from an arm wringer and choke slam him. Nikura kicks out of the pin attempt at the last second so I give him another choke slam and then pin him to end the match. [b]Time: 35 minutes, Rating: B-[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Jesse Ventura retained the WWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Dick Murdoch [b]CWF[/b] - Dory Funk, Jr retained the CWF Television title by defeating Kevin Sullivan [b]WWC[/b] - Abdullah the Butcher retained the WWC North American Heavyweight title by defeating Ron Starr [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - Harley Race retained the United States Heavyweight title by defeating Ricky Steamboat [b]NJPW[/b] - El Solitario won the WWF International title by defeating Killer Kahn [b]NJPW[/b] - Antonio Inoki retained the NWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Tatsumi Fujinami [b]CFW[/b] - Dory Funk, Jr retained the CWF Television title by defeating Kevin Sullivan [b]AJPW[/b] - Terry Funk retained the NWA International title by defeating Villano III [b]PNW[/b] - David Taylor retained the PNW Television title by defeating Brian Pillman [b]CSW[/b] - Ed Moretti retained the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title by defeating Terry Adonis [b]CSW[/b] - Mongolian Stomper retained the CSW North America Heavyweight title by defeating Owen Hart [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Dan Severn

week 3, June 1984 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - The Crusher retained the AWA World Heavyweight title by defeating Blackjack Mulligan [b]WWC[/b] - Colon and Morales won the WWC World Tag Team titles by defeating The Invaders [b]UWA[/b] - Dominance retained the UWA World Tag Team titles by defeating Don Running Bear and Doug Somers [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Rocky Johnson [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News WCCW[/b] - Released Scott Irwin [b]CMLL[/b] - Fishman retained the NWA World Middleweight title by defeating Perro Aguayo [b]CStates[/b] - Team Hot Rod retained the Central States Tag Team titles by defeating Killer Karl Kox and Roger Kirby [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Barry Darsow [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]WCCW - World Class Wrestling TV Show Match: [color=red]Texas Red[/color] versus Fumihiro Nikura[/b] Before the match started Angel Acevedo came running to the ring and Pearl Harbored Fumihiro Nikura. Acevedo sent Nikura into a ring post head first and busted him wide open. The bell rings and Nikura stops me from going out of the ring. I slip from an arm wringer and put him in a bearhug before driving him back first into the turnbuckles. Nikura avoids a spear and gives me a knee pull and a legdrop before applying an arm wringer. Nikura hits me with a jab and an arm wringer smash but I avoid a dropkick and flap jacked him only to have Nikura end up on top and I kicked out after a two-count. I countered an arm wringer with a punch but Nikura avoided a choke hold and applies a hammerlock before giving me a dropkick and a knee pull. I slip from a knee drive and give Nikura a hammerlock back bomb and a mafia kick. Nikura tried to fight back but I slipped out of a hammerlock and irish whipped him into a lariat clothesline. Nikura kicks out of the pin attempt at the last second and breaks a choke slam attempt. He hits me with a spinning backhand blow and then drives a knee into my leg. I slip from a knee pull and gave him a double backbreaker and then an inverted piledriver. I covered Nikura for the pin. [b]Time: 6 minutes, Rating: C[/b] After the match I went running into the lockerroom to look for Acevedo but he was nowheres to be found. [b]Today's Wrestling News CWA[/b] - Ken Timbs retained the AWA International title by defeating Kung Fu [b]SWCW[/b] - David Sammartino won the Southwest Television title by defeating Jason the Terrible [b]ASW[/b] - Moose Morowski retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Barry Darsow [color=blue]Sunday[/color] There were no title matches today.

It looks to me that Acevedo is no "angel" and is looking to feud with someone but I don't know who that would be. Could this be building up to be a feud between him and Texas Red? Acevedo did interupt a Texas Red interview. Let's see how WCCW books this out. I'm guessing Acevedo versus Nikura.

Archived