The (Re)Birth of a Phenom(inal) Deadman

week 1, January 1985 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News UWF[/b] - Yoshiaki Yatsu retained the Universal International Heavyweight title by defeating Bobby Eaton [b]UWA[/b] - Dos Caras retained the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating Enrique Vera [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]WCCW - The Dallas Sportatorium Show[/b] I was not on the card but Kerry Von Erich retained the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title by defeating Akio Sato [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Jesse Ventura retained the WWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Sgt. Slaughter [b]CMLL[/b] - Dr. Wagner retained the NWA World Middleweight title by defeating Rick Martel [b]WWC[/b] - Abdullah the Butcher retained the WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title by defeating Pedro Morales [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]CStates - Wrestling at the Chase[/b] I am not scheduled to wrestle and there were no title defenses on the card. [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - [color=red]Superstar Billy Graham defeated Jack Brisco[/color] [b]AWA[/b] - Sgt. Slaughter retained the AWA Television title by defeating Billy Robinson [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Otto Wanz defeated The Spoiler[/color] [b]NJPW[/b] - Team Pride retained the I.W.G.P. Tag Team titles by defeating Killer Kahn and Animal Hamaguchi [b]MSW[/b] - [color=red]Bart, Denton, Singh and Haystacks defeated Gama, Kirby, Ho and Rotundo[/color] [b]CWF[/b] - Dory Funk, Jr retained the Florida Heavyweight title by defeating Norvell Austin [b]AJPW[/b] - Mil Mascaras retained the NWA International Heavyweight title by defeating Giant Baba

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
week 1, January 1985 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWC[/b] - Colon and Morales retained the WWC World Tag Team titles by defeating Bob Sweetan and Invader #1 [b]SWCW[/b] - Dick Slater retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Tracy Smothers [b]CSW[/b] - Mongolian Stomper retained the CSW North American Heavyweight title by defeating Bret Hart [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]CStates - Bulldog's Last Stand Match: [color=red]The Commando[/color] versus Riki Chosyu -- 60 min limit[/b] This is the match before the main event and it begins with me giving Chosyu a throat thrust. Chosyu slips from a backbreaker and kicks me in the thigh. I counter a back fist with a punch and give him a clubbing blow and a backbreaker. Chosyu stops me from climbing the turnbuckles and gives me a back kick and applies a front facelock. He kicks me in the knee and gives me a clubbing blow. I avoid a headbutt and suplex Chosyu then kick him in the back. I give Chosyu a flying double axe handle and an arm wringer smash then irish whip him and kick him in the gut. I whip Chosyu into a corner but he slips away. I avoid a kick towards my knee and give Chosyu a backbreaker. Chosyu counters a suplex with a back fist but I slip from a front facelock and irish whip him then give him a clubbing blow. I choke Chosyu but then he avoids a mafia kick and applies a side headlock and a front facelock. Chosyu gives me a palm thrust then I slip from a side headlock and smash his back against the turnbuckles after putting him in a bearhug. I spear him and he counters a flap jack with a kick in the thigh and applies a top wrist lock. Chosyu kicks me in the knee and applies a side headlock and a front facelock. He kicks me in the thigh then I slip from a side headlock and irish whip him. I give Chosyu a mafia kick and a flap jack then he breaks from a head twist and gives me a headbutt. I fight back and give him a double backbreaker. Chosyu stops me from climbing the turnbuckles but I avoid a kick towards my knee. I give Chosyu a shoulder breaker after putting him in a hammerlock. I then choke slammed Chosyu and pinned him. [b]Time: 11 minutes, Rating: C[/b] In the main event Killer Karl Kox retained the Central States Heavyweight title by defeating Ted Oates. [b]Today's Wrestling News CStates[/b] - Released Mando Guerrero [b]NJPW[/b] - [color=red]Hector Guerrero defeated Leon White[/color] [b]NJPW[/b] - Andre the Giant retained the NWF World Heavyweight title by defeating The Masked Superstar [b]NJPW[/b] - Team Pride retained the I.W.G.P. Tag Team titles by defeating Don Muraco and Dick Murdoch [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]WCCW - World Class Wrestling TV Show Match: Main Event: [color=red]Texas Red[/color] versus Kerry Von Erich -- WCCW Texas Heavyweight title[/b] In a little over half a year I get a shot at the major singles title in WCCW, the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title. The match begins and I kick Von Erich in the gut and give him a throat thrust. I then give him a backbreaker and kick him in the back before climbing the turnbuckles and giving him a flying double axe handle. I suplex Von Erich but he avoids a kick in the chest and gives me a forearm blow. I slip from a side headlock and irish whip him then give him a throat thrust. I put Von Erich in an airplane spin and irish whip him. I give him a clubbing blow and whip him into a corner. Von Erich slips away and applies an arm wringer before dropkicking me. I slip from an arm bar and give Von Erich a backbreaker and a kick in the chest. Von Erich breaks an arm wringer and takes me down with a side headlock then applies a rear chinlock and an arm bar. Von Erich applies a rear chinlock and head scissors then I slip from a front facelock and irish whip him. I give him a clubbing blow then he fights back and irish whips me. I avoid a dropkick and suplex him. He breaks from a head twist and gives me a forearm blow. I avoid a flying double axe handle but he counters a flap jack with a punch then punches me again. Von Erich applies a front facelock then punches me. I slip an arm wringer and give Von Erich a double backbreaker and a shoulder breaker after putting him in a hammerlock. I start to choke him then give him a mafia kick. I give Von Erich a flap jack then twist his head and irish whip him. Von Erich avoids a big boot but I stop him from climbing the turnbuckles and give him a double backbreaker before choke slamming him. I go for the pin but Von Erich kicks out at the last second then counters an inverted piledriver attempt with a punch. Von Erich gives me a flying double axe handle and applies a side headlock and a front facelock. Von Erich takes me down with a side headlock then applies an arm wringer and gives me a forearm blow. I avoid a flying double axe handle and flap jack Von Erich. Von Erich counters an inverted piledriver try with a forearm blow then kicks me in the gut and punches me. Von Erich dropkicks me and gives me a knee drop before applying a knee bar and an inside toe hold. Von Erich applies a knee bar and body scissors before giving me a knee drop and an elbow drop. I avoid a knee drop and give Von Erich a mafia kick then he counters a flap jack with a forearm blow and gives me a drop toe hold. Von Erich applies body scissors, a knee bar, and an inside toe hold before giving me a flying double axe handle. I slip from an arm wringer and irish whip Von Erich but he avoids a lariat clothesline and dropkicks me from the second rope. Von Erich applies an inside toe hold and an abdominal claw before giving me a gorilla press. I am able to kick out at the last second and avoid his iron claw. I then choke slam him and then, to my amazement, pin him to win the match!! I am the [b]NEW[/b] WCCW Texas Heavyweight champ. [b]Time: 23 minutes, Rating: C[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News GCW[/b] - [color=red]Bob Brown and Pampero Firpo defeated Chris Adams and The Spoiler[/color] [b]AJPW[/b] - Mil Mascaras retained the NWA International Heavyweight title by defeating Giant Baba [b]CWA[/b] - Jerry Lawler retained the AWA International title by defeating Stan Lane [color=blue]Sunday[/color] There were no title matches today.

Kerry Von Erich's spirit is 74. I don't understand why he didn't kick out at the last second but I'll take the win. I'm sure that PS Hayes doesn't mind if he didn't have the title. Between the two wins and the fact that the title match was on TV my overness jumped a bunch of points.

week 2, January 1985 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News UWF[/b] - Tatsumi Fujinami won the Universal Heavyweight title by defeating Yoshiaki Yatsu [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]WCCW - The Dallas Sportatorium Show Match: Main Event -- [color=red]Texas Red[/color] versus Kerry Von Erich -- WCCW Texas Heavyweight title[/b] Kerry Von Erich did an interview and wanted a rematch because he said that it was a fluke that he lost the title, so he gets his rematch. The match begins and I kick Von Erich in the gut then I irish whip him and give him a throat thrust. Von Erich avoids a kick towards his back and applies a front facelock. He gives me a forearm blow and kicks me in the gut before dropkicking me and applying a rear chinlock. Von Erich gives me a knee drop and applies body scissors. I break out of head scissors but Von Erich slips from a backbreaker and dropkicks me. I slip from an arm bar and Von Erich reverses an irish whip and kicks me in the gut. Von Erich dropkicks me and applies a knee bar. I slip from an arm bar and give Von Erich a backbreaker and a kick in the chest before climbing the turnbuckles. Von Erich avoids a flying double axe handle and applies a side headlock. I slip from a snap mare and irish whip Von Erich. I give him a clubbing blow then he counters a suplex with a forearm blow and gives me a knee lift before applying head scissors then an arm bar and a knee bar. Von Erich gives me a forearm blow and dropkicks me then I slip from an arm bar and give him a backbreaker and a kick in the back. I go back to the top rope and Von Erich counters a flying double axe handle with a dropkick. I break from head scissors but he counters a suplex with a punch and snap mares me. I avoid a knee drop and put Von Erich in an airplane spin then suplex him. I pick him up and whip him into a corner and ram my shoulder into him a couple of times. Von Erich avoids a mafia kick and punches me then dropkicks me from the second rope. Von Erich applies body scissors but misses with a knee drop and I twist his head before picking him up and flap jacking him. I give Von Erich a mafia kick then climb the turnbuckles and give him a flying standing elbow smash. Von Erich reverses a whip into a corner then goes up and punches me ten times in the head. Von Erich then gives me a clothesline in the corner and punches me. He irish whips me and gives me an arm whip. I slip from an arm wringer and give Von Erich a double backbreaker and then pick him up by the throat and throw him to the mat. I pick Von Erich up and whip him into a corner and spear him. Von Erich counters an inverted piledriver try with a punch then I slip from a snap mare. Von Erich counters a backbreaker with a punch then kicks me in the gut and dropkicks me. I avoid a knee drop but Von Erich slips from a head twist and gives me a rear amateur takedown then applies body scissors. Von Erich gives me an elbow drop and applies a knee bar but I avoid another elbow drop. Von Erich counters a choke hold with a side headlock then gives me a monkey flip and applies an inside toe hold and an abdominal claw. I break from an inside toe hold and flap jack Von Erich but he breaks from a choke slam try. Von Erich gives me a bionic elbow and a running dropkick then applies an inside toe hold. I avoid a gorilla press and pick him up but he counters my attempt to drop him on the top rope with a punch. I don't sell Von Erich's attempt to incite the crowd and choke slam him then pin him to retain the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title. [b]Time: 19 minutes, Rating: C[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Jesse Ventura retained the WWF World Heavyweight title by defeating Paul Orndorff [b]NJPW[/b] - Shiro Koshinaka retained the WWF International title by defeating Kintaro Oki [b]MSW[/b] - [color=red]Blade Runner Sting, Giant Haystacks and Scott Irwin defeated Big Bubba Rogers, Kendo Nagasaki and Blade Runner Rock[/color] [b]WWC[/b] - Invader #2 retained the WWC North American Heavyweight title by defeating Moondog Rex [b]CWA[/b] - Jerry Lawler won the Southern Heavyweight title by defeating Austin Idol [b]PNW[/b] - Kenny Jay won the PNW Heavyweight title by defeating Ron Simmons [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]CStates - Wrestling at the Chase Match: Main Event - [color=red]The Commando[/color] versus Ted Oates[/b] It looks like I have been promoted to main event status as I once again face Ted Oates one-on-one. As Oates is coming down the aisle Harley Race ambushes him and slams a baseball bat into one of Oates' knees. I go outside the ring and pick up a chair but Oates counters a shot in the back with a forearm blow. Oates gives me a fireman's carry takedown then a single leg trip and an elbow drop. Oates applies a side headlock then I slip from a front facelock and give him a double backbreaker and roll him into the ring. I go to the top rope and give Oates a flying standing elbow smash then he breaks a head twist and gives me a single leg trip. Oates applies a hammerlock then tries to roll me up but I slip away, put him in a bearhug, and then smash his back into the turnbuckles. Oates counters a spear with a kick in the gut then gives me a single leg trip and a knee drop. I slip out before he could drive a knee into my leg and give him a back bomb after putting him in a hammerlock. I flap jack Oates then he avoids a mafia kick and applies a side headlock. He irish whips me and punches me. I slip from a side headlock but he counters a backbreaker with a forearm blow and applies a front facelock. I slip from a side headlock and give Oates a shoulder breaker after putting him in a hammerlock. I give Oates an inverted piledriver and then pin him. [b]Time: 7 minutes, Rating: C[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - [color=red]Brad Rheingans defeated Leon White[/color] [b]AWA[/b] - Wahoo McDaniel retained the AWA World Heavyweight title by defeating David Schultz [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Cyclone Negro defeated The Spoiler[/color] [b]MSW[/b] - [color=red]Giant Haystacks defeated Roger Kirby[/color] [b]AJPW[/b] - Mil Mascaras retained the NWA International Heavyweight title by defeating Giant Baba [b]UWA[/b] - Dos Caras retained the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating Enrique Vera [b]PNW[/b] - Porkchop Cash won the PNW Television title by defeating Raymond Rougeau After quitting my classes at the university and my part-time job as a bouncer, I reconsidered and asked UWA for a meeting so that I can get some time in Mexico.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]Probably just the quaaludes talking. ;) Not to distract from the excellent diary, but I've been watching some Kerry Von Erich matches during his NWA Title run. I tell you, he was darned good. I really never appreciated his work until watching these defenses.[/QUOTE] The only time I got to see him on TV was when the "Texas Tornado" came to the WWF. I'll have to go to the WWE website and see if any of his matches are in the archive. Probably not thou.

week 2, January 1985 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News UWA[/b] - Dos Caras retained the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating Enrique Vera [b]SWCW[/b] - Ken Timbs retained the Southwest Television title by defeating Michael Wood [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]CStates - Bulldog's Last Stand Match: Ken Lucas and Dr. Tom Prichard versus Super Destroyer II and [color=red]The Commando[/color] - 2 vs 2, 45 min time limit[/b] The match starts with Lucas and SD2 in the ring. Lucas applies a front facelock then SD2 slips from a side headlock and gives Lucas a hammerlock drive. Lucas slips out of the corner and gives SD2 a forearm in the gut then irish whips him and punches him. Lucas gives SD2 a forearm blow then applies a top wrist lock and a hammerlock. SD2 avoids a forearm to the back of the head and gouges Lucas's eyes. SD2 suplexes Lucas and chokes him before kicking him in the chest. SD2 gives Lucas a flying double axe handle followed by a backbreaker and an elbow drop. Lucas fights back and applies a top wrist lock then gives SD2 a forearm in the back of the head. Lucas gives SD2 a rear amateur takedown and a knee drop then SD2 avoids a stomp and gouges Lucas's eyes before whipping him into the corner and tagging me. I repeatedly ram my shoulder into Lucas then irish whip him and give him a throat thrust. Lucas counters a bearhug and punches me. He tags Prichard but the ref didn't see it and doesn't allow it. I pick up Lucas by the throat and throw him to the mat then twisted his head. I climb the turnbuckles but Lucas catches me at the top then runs and tags Prichard. Prichard throws me off the top rope then I slip from an arm bar and give him a backbreaker and a kick in the chest. Prichard breaks an arm wringer and applies a top wrist lock before irish whipping me, knocking the ref out. Prichard punches me then irish whips me again and punches me. I slip from a side headlock and whip him into a corner. Prichard slips out and gives me a forearm in the gut and in the back of the head then applies an arm wringer and a front facelock. Prichard gives me a single leg trip and a knee drop then applies an arm bar and a front facelock. Prichard gives me a knee lift as the ref recovers then applies a side headlock and a front facelock. I avoid a flying double axe handle and whip him into a corner and tag SD2. SD2 rams his shoulder into Prichard a couple of times then Prichard breaks a choke hold and applies a top wrist lock. Prichard gives SD2 a forearm in the back of the head and in the gut then dropkicks him and applies an arm bar. Prichard gives SD2 a series of arm bars with knee and elbow drops then SD2 slips an arm bar and rakes Prichard's back and gouges his eyes. SD2 irish whips Prichard and suplexes him. Prichard avoids a kick in the chest and applies a side headlock. Prichard irish whips SD2 twice and each time gives him a forearm blow. SD2 slips from an arm bar and gives Prichard a backbreaker and tears his face. Prichard slips away and irish whips SD2 and punches him then applies a side headlock. SD2 slips from an arm wringer and gives Prichard a knee breaker. Prichard gets away before SD2 could bite his forehead and gives SD2 a forearm blow then takes him down with a side headlock. Prichard gives SD2 a single leg trip and applies an arm bar before giving him a knee drop. SD2 slips away before Prichard could drive a knee into his leg and gives him an atomic drop and stomps his knee dangling from the second rope. Prichard fights back and headbutts SD2 then gives him a single leg trip and a series of knee drops and elbow drops. Prichard applies an arm bar and goes to tag Lucas but SD2 stops him. Prichard reverses a whip into the corner then SD2 breaks a ten punch count and goes for a tag but Prichard stops him. Prichard snap mares SD2 and tags Lucas, who gives SD2 a knee drop and a stomp. SD2 avoids a knee drop and tags me in. I twist Lucas's head then he avoids a flying double axe handle and stomps on me before applying a front facelock. Lucas takes me down with a side headlock then punches me and applies a side headlock. He takes me down with it and gives me a knee drop and stomps on me before applying a front facelock. I avoid a kick in the gut and give Lucas a flap jack and a mafia kick. Lucas counters a backbreaker with a kick in the gut then tags Prichard, who applies a top wrist lock. Prichard irish whips me and gives me a forearm blow and applies a side headlock. I stop Prichard from climbing the turnbuckles and whip him into a corner. Prichard counters a spear with a dropkick then punches and snap mares me. I avoid a knee drop then whip him into the corner and tag SD2. Prichard counters a choke with a dropkick then drives a knee into his leg. Prichard gives SD2 a forearm in the back of the head and a rear amateur takedown before giveing him a knee drop. SD2 fights back and gives Prichard a samoan drop. Prichard gets away before SD2 could tear his face and takes him down with a side headlock. Prichard gives SD2 a pair of knee drops and drives a knee into his leg. SD2 avoids an elbow drop and stomps on Prichard's arm. Prichard counters a low blow with a side headlock and snap mares SD2. SD2 slips away and applies a sleeper hold but Prichard does not go out and counters a backbreaker with a punch. Prichard gives SD2 a forearm blow then SD2 reverses an irish whip. Prichard is on the receiving end of a hot shot but falls on top of SD2 and gets a two-count. Prichard applies a side headlock and gives SD2 a forearm blow then SD2 reverses an irish whip and gives him a hot shot. Prichard avoids getting his forehead bit and applies a side headlock before tagging Lucas. SD2 slips from a side headlock and gives Lucas a low blow but Lucas avoids a face tear and applies a top wrist lock. Lucas gives SD2 a rear amateur takedown and applies an inside toe hold. SD2 slips out of a backslide but Lucas counters an atomic drop with a forearm blow then irish whips SD2 and gives him another forearm blow. SD2 slips from a hammerlock then whips Lucas into a corner and tags me in. Lucas avoids a spear and gives me a knee drop and a stomp. Lucas gives me a forearm blow then snap mares me and applies head scissors. I avoid a stomp and put Lucas in a bearhug before slamming his back into the turnbuckles and choking him. Lucas breaks a hammerlock and gives me a forearm blow before applying a front facelock and a side headlock. Lucas kicks me in the gut and applies a side headlock then irish whips me and tags Prichard. Prichard gives me a flurry of punches and a flying double axe handle before applyinig a side headlock. I slip from a front facelock and give Prichard a double backbreaker then he counters an inverted piledriver with a forearm blow. Prichard punches me and applies a side headlock then I reverse an irish whip and give him a throat thrust. Prichard counters a choke slam try with a punch and kicks me in the gut and irish whipping me, knocking the ref out. He kicks me in the gut then I slip from a side headlock and give him a backbreaker onto the turnbuckles. I give Prichard a double stomp then twist his head. Prichard stops me from climbing the turnbuckles and applies a front facelock. I reverse an irish whip and choke Prichard before giving him a flurry of bionic elbows and applying a bearhug. Prichard fights back as the ref recovers and headbutts me then irish whips me. I avoid a kick in the gut and irish whip Prichard but he ducks under the lariat and snap mares me.I break an inside toe hold but he counters a flap jack with a forearm blow and kicks me in the gut and applies a side headlock. Prichard irish whips me, knocking the ref out again, and dropkicks me before tagging Lucas, who gives me a knee drop. Lucas takes me down with a side headlock as the ref recovers and gives me a knee drop and an elbow drop beforea applying head scissors. Lucas gives me a knee drop and avoid an elbow drop but he counters a bearhug with a punch and takes me down with a side headlock. Lucas gives me a knee drop then I break an inside toe hold and whip him into a corner and tag SD2, who chokes him. Lucas applies a front facelock and takes him down with a side headlock and applies head scissors. Lucas gives SD2 a knee drop and applies head scissors then SD2 avoids a knee drop and chokes him. SD2 kicks Lucas after putting him in a hammerlock then Lucas counters an elevated hammerlock with a forearm blow. SD2 slips from a side headlock and Lucas counters another elevated hammerlock with a punch. Lucas irish whips SD2 and punches him before applying a side headlock and kicking him in the gut. SD2 slips from a snap mare and puts Lucas in a sleeper hold but he doesn't go out and breaks a double arm DDT. Lucas monkey flips SD2 and applies head scissors and four inside toe holds. Lucas gives SD2 a backbreaker and puts him in the boston crab but SD2 does not submit and breaks a head claw. Lucas reverses an irish whip and gives SD2 a high backdrop as the bell rings. The time limit is reached and the judges unanimously say that the team of Ken Lucas and Dr. Tom Prichard won the match. [b]Time: 45 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News GCW[/b] - [color=red]Otto Wanz and Bob Brown defeated The Spoiler and Chris Adams[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - Ole Anderson retained the National Heavyweight title by defeating Ronnie Garvin [b]NJPW[/b] - Kintaro Oki and Tetsuo Sekigawa won the I.W.G.P. Tag Team titles by defeating Team Pride [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]WCCW - World Class Wrestling TV Show Match: Main Event - [color=red]Texas Red[/color] versus Akio Sato -- WCCW Texas Heavyweight title[/b] I open my title defense by kicking Sato in the gut and he avoids a throat thrust. I block a couple of moves and give Sato a clubbing blow before irish whipping him. He avoids a throat thrust and gives me a european uppercut and a flying standing knee. I slip from a double hand wrist lock and give Sato an arm wringer smash and a suplex then kick him in the back. Sato catches me at the top of the turnbuckles and throws me off the top rope. Sato gives me a forearm in the gut and dropkicks me. I slip from a knee pull and give him a backbreaker. Sato stops me from climbing the turnbuckles and applies a side headlock before taking me down with it. I slip from a head and straight arm lock and whip Sato into a corner and ram my shoulder into him a couple of times. Sato avoids a mafia kick and applies a side headlock. I slip from the side headlock and put him in a bearhug before smashing his back into the turnbuckles. Sato counters a spear with a dropkick and applies a head and straight arm lock and a double hand wrist lock. Sato drives a knee into my leg and gives me a knee pull. I slip from a double hand wrist lock and give him a hammerlock back bomb and a flying standing elbow smash. I twist Sato's head and give him a double backbreaker then he fights back and applies a side headlock and gives me a palm thrust and a back fist. Sato applies a front facelock then gives me an arm breaker and a knee pull. I slip from a head and straight arm lock and irish whip Sato and hit him with a lariat clothesline. Sato kicks out of the pin attempt at the last second and counters an inverted piledriver with a dropkick. He drives a knee into my leg and gives me an arm breaker and a knee pull. Sato applies a double hand wrist lock and a rear chinlock before giving me a knee pull and drives a knee into my leg. He gives me a knee pull and an arm breaker before applying an arm trap head twist. Sato drives a knee into my leg and gives me an arm breaker then I avoid another arm breaker. He counters a choke slam try with a back fist and gives me a shooter takedown and an arm breaker. Sato then applies a belly to belly wristlock and I have no choice but to submit to the pain. [b]Akio Sato is the NEW WCCW Texas Heavyweight champ! Time: 13 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News CStates[/b] - Killer Karl Kox retained the Central States Heavyweight title by defeating Riki Chosyu [b]ASW[/b] - Al Tomko retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Bobby Jaggers [color=blue]Sunday[/color] There were no title matches tonight.

Two New Wrestlers for the watch [color=blue]Bret "Hitman" Hart[/color] (in a Journaled Dynasty) [color=green]Former World of Sport Tag Team Champion[/color] [b]Currently in Central States, Calgary Stampede, Joint Promotions (UK)[/b] [b]Records[/b] [color=red]Central States[/color] Overall: 26-49 Singles: 17-26 Teams: 9-23 [color=red]Calgary Stampede Wrestling[/color] Overall: 2-20 Singles: 2-17 Teams: 0-3 [color=red]Joint Promotions (UK)[/color] Overall: 21-52 Singles: 9-23 Teams: 12-29 Overall: 49-121 [color=blue]The Great Kabuki[/color] (for D.Boon's Ghost) [b]Currently in Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/b] Records: [color=red]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/color] Overall: 50-41 Singles: 28-23 Teams: 22-18 [color=red]All-Japan Professional Wrestling[/color] Overall: 1-1 Singles: 1-1 Teams: 0-0 [color=red]Championship Wrestling from Florida[/color] Overall: 2-1 Singles: 2-0 Teams: 0-1 Overall: 53-43

week 3, January 1985 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - [color=red]Saito, Curt, Crusher and The Bull (Leon White) defeated Jumpin' Jim, Greg, Rheingans and Sodbuster[/color] [b]AWA[/b] - The Lone Gunmen retained the AWA World Tag Team titles by defeating Jumbo Tsuruta and Bruiser Brody [b]UWF[/b] - Tatsumi Fujinami retained the Universal International Heavyweight title by defeating Yoshiaki Yatsu [b]PPW[/b] - Lars Anderson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Chris Carter [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]WCCW - The Dallas Sportatorium Show[/b] I am not scheduled to wrestle and there were no title matches on the card. [b]Today's Wrestling News WWC[/b] - Abdullah the Butcher retained the WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight title by defeating The Mighty Igor [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]CStates - Wrestling at the Chase Match: [color=red]The Commando[/color] versus Ted Oates -- Main Event[/b] The match begins and I give Oates a clubbing blow and a kick in the back. Oates counters a flying double axe handle with a dropkick then gives me a single leg trip and applies an arm bar. I slip from a side headlock and give Oates a backbreaker. Oates avoids a kick in the chest and applies a hammerlock , an arm wringer, and a front facelock before snap maring me. Oates applies an arm bar and gives me a flying double axe handle. I avoid an elbow drop and give Oates a flying double axe handle and an arm wringer smash before irish whipping him and giving him a throat thrust. I suplex Oates and kick him in the chest then he fights back and applies a top wrist lock and gives me a forearm in the gut. Oates irish whips me and kicks me in the gut and punches me. He gives me a forearm blow and applies a front facelock then irish whips me and gives me a knee lift. Oates irish whips and punches me then applies a front facelock and gives me a forearm blow. He punches me then applies a front facelock and kicks me in the gut. Oates applies a front facelock then punches me and gives me a forearm blow. He takes me down with a side headlock then I slip away from a driving knee to my leg. Oates reverses and whips me into the corner but I break a corner ten punch and suplex him then kick him in the chest. Oates breaks a bearhug and punches me then counters a flap jack with a forearm blow. He gives me another forearm blow then takes me down with a side headlock and follows it with an elbow drop. I slip from a side headlock and give Oates a hammerlock back bomb and twist his head. I climb the turnbuckles and Oates catches me on the top rope but I fight back. Oates counters a bearhug with a punch and applies a front facelock. He whips me into the corner and gives me three corner ten punches and follows each of them with a knife edge chop. Oates punches me and applies a front facelock then he punches me again and applies a side headlock. I slip from a snap mare and give him a shoulder breaker after putting him in a hammerlock then give him a mafia kick. I try to choke Oates but he counters with a punch and gives me a single leg trip. I avoid a knee drop but Oates counters a flying standing elbow with a forearm in the gut then irish whips me. He punches me then irish whips me again and kicks me in the gut. Oates irish whips and punches me then applies a front facelock. He irish whips me again but I avoid a forearm and give him a flap jack. I press slam Oates and he is able to kick out of a pin attempt at the last second. I then pick him up and give him an inverted piledriver then pin him for the victory. [b]Time: 20 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] In the match before mine Terry Funk retained the Central States Television title by defeating Super Destroyer II. [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - [color=red]Leon White defeated Steve Regal[/color] [b]MSW[/b] - [color=red]Hercules Ayala and Dennis Condrey defeated Tiger Jeet Singh and Giant Haystacks[/color] [b]CWF[/b] - Dory Funk, Jr retained the Florida Heavyweight title by defeating Adrian Adonis [b]PNW[/b] - Porkchop Cash retained the PNW Television title by defeating Pat Tanaka

week 3, January 1985 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - [color=red]Leon White defeated Steve Regal[/color] [b]UWA[/b] - Dominance retained the UWA Tag Team titles by defeating Charlie Fulton and Doug Somers [b]UWA[/b] - El Satanico won the UWA World Lightweight title by defeating Dos Caras [b]SWCW[/b] - Dick Slater retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Tracy Smothers [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Brickhouse Brown defeated Bret Hart[/color] [b]PPW[/b] - Rocky Johnson won the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Lars Anderson [color=blue]Friday[/color] [b]CStates - Bulldog's Last Stand[/b] I am not scheduled to wrestle tonight but in the main event Terry Funk retained the Central States Television title by defeating Killer Karl Kox [b]Today's Wrestling News WCCW[/b] - Signed Raymond Rougeau [b]NJPW[/b] - Double Trouble retained the I.W.G.P. Tag Team titles by defeating Nobuhiko Takada and Luke Williams [b]JPUK[/b] - [color=red]Cowboy Bret Hart, Chic Cullen and Drew McDonald defeated David Taylor, Steven Regal and Clive Myers[/color] [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]WCCW - World Class Wrestling TV Show Match: [color=red]Texas Red[/color] versus Jos Leduc -- First Blood -- Opening Match[/b] I open the match, which is right before Leduc's in-ring interview, by giving Leduc a throat thrust then a suplex and a kick in the back. Leduc avoids a flying double axe handle and gives me a clubbing blow. I slip out of a choke hold and whip Leduc into a corner. Leduc slips out and applies a hammerlock before biting me in the butt. He gouges my eyes then irish whips me but I avoid being punched and put him in an airplane spin. Leduc avoids being kicked in the chest and applies a side headlock. I avoid being kicked in the gut and give Leduc a backbreaker then irish whip him and give him a clubbing blow. I suplex Leduc then whip him into a corner and ram my shoulder into him a couple of times. Leduc fights back and irish whips me and gives me a clubbing blow. He puts me in a hammerlock and bites my butt. I slip from a snap mare and give Leduc a backbreaker and a mafia kick. Leduc avoids a bite to his forehead and applies a front facelock. I avoid getting my eyes gouged then put him in a bearhug and smash his back against the turnbuckles. Leduc counters a spear with a kick in the gut then headbutts me. I avoid a kick in the gut but he counters a flap jack with a kick in the gut and snap mares me. I avoid a kick in the chest and started choking him and give him a flurry of punches while he was on the mat. I threw Leduc out of the ring then went out and picked up a chair. I went to hit him in the back with the chair but he catches me by surprise and applies a front facelock. I counter an eye gouge with a throat thrust and he stops me from smashing his face into a ringside table and punches me. Leduc gouges my eyes and headbutts me. He gouges my eyes again and gives me a clubbing blow and applies a front facelock. I slip out of a hammerlock, put him in a hammerlock, then back bombed him into a chair. Leduc catches me by surprise but I counter an eye gouge with a throat thrust then smashed his face into a table at ringside. I then give him an inverted piledriver into a chair. I give Leduc a mafia kick then picked up a chair but he counters a shot to his head with a snap mare. I slip from a face tear and dragged him back into the ring and give him a mafia kick. Leduc counters a spinning inverted piledriver try with a kick in the gut and applies a front facelock. Leduc gives me a bionic elbow then I avoid a clubbing blow and kicked him in the gut. Leduc slips from an inverted piledriver try and drives me into a corner after putting me in a hammerlock. I slipped away and give him a backbreaker against the turnbuckles and Leduc is busted open to end the match. [b]Time: 17 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News CStates[/b] - Team Hotrod retained the Central States Tag Team titles by defeating Tyler and Brown [b]CWA[/b] - Jerry Lawler retained the AWA International title by defeating Austin Idol [b]UWF[/b] - Terror Rising retained the Universal International Tag Team titles by defeating El Gran Apollo and Ed Moretti [b]ASW[/b] - Al Tomko retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Dan Greer [color=blue]Sunday[/color] There were no title matches today.

week 4, January 1985 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News UWA[/b] - Perro Aguayo won the UWA World Middleweight title by defeating Mil Mascaras [b]PPW[/b] - Rocky Johnson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Fumihiro Nikura [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]WCCW - The Dallas Sportatorium Show[/b] I am not scheduled to wrestle and there were no title matches on the card. [b]Today's Wrestling News MSW[/b] - [color=red]Mike Rotundo defeated Giant Haystacks[/color] [b]WWC[/b] - Abdullah the Butcher retained the WWC North American Heavyweight title by defeating Invader #2 [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]CStates - Wrestling at the Chase Match: [color=red]The Commando[/color] versus Ted Oates[/b] The match begins and I give Oates a clubbing blow followed by a backbreaker and a kick in the back. Oates reverses an irish whip and gives me a forearm blow and applies a front facelock and a side headlock. Oates punches me then I reverse an irish whip and give Oates a throat thrust and a flying double axe handle. I suplex Oates and give him a backbreaker and a kick in the chest. I then kicked him in the gut and put him in an airplane spin. I whipped Oates into a corner and rammed my shoulder into him a couple of times then twisted his head. Oates avoids a flying standing elbow smash and gives me a fireman's carry takedown. I slip from an arm bar but Oates counters a bearhug with a punch and applies a front facelock. Oates gives me a fireman's carry takedown then irish whips me. I avoid a headbutt and give Oates a double backbreaker. Oates counters a press slam try with a punch and applies a front facelock. Oates gives me a single leg trip and a knee drop then drives a knee into my leg. He punches me but I slip from a front facelock and whip him into a corner. Oates counters a spear with a kick in the gut then gives me a forearm blow and a single leg trip. I avoid a knee drop but Oates counters a flying standing elbow smash with a dropkick and applies a front facelock before punching me. Oates dropkicks me and gives me a knee drop and a snap mare. He applies an arm bar and gives me a knee drop before applying another arm bar. Oates gives me an elbow drop then applies a side headlock and a front facelock. Oates gives me a series of forearm blows and punches then kicks me in the gut and gives me a monkey flip. Oates irish whips me and kicks me in the gut then gives me a single leg trip and an elbow drop. Oates drives a knee into my leg then applies a side headlock before giving me a single leg trip. Oates applies a front facelock and a side headlock then I block a couple of moves and give him a flap jack. I start to choke him and give him a flurry of bionic elbows then Oates fights back and applies a top wrist lock. Oates gives me an arm wringer smash. I slip from a side headlock and he counters a backbreaker with a forearm blow and applies a top wrist lock. Oates gives me a flying double axe handle then kicks me in the gut. I slip from a front facelock and whip Oates into a corner and choke him. Oates breaks a choke slam try then irish whips me and gives me a forearm blow. I slip from a side headlock but Oates breaks a bearhug then irish whips and punches me before applying a front facelock. I slip from a hammerlock then put Oates in a hammerlock and back bomb him. I give Oates an inverted piledriver, busting his head open, but he is able to kick out of the pin attempt at the last second. Oates counters a choke slam attempt with a punch but is unable to maintain control because of his bleeding. I give Oates another inverted piledriver and pin him for the win. [b]Time: 23 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] During the card [color=red]Bret Hart defeated Jeff Jarrett[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - [color=red]Jerry Brisco and The Great Kabuki defeated The Assassin and Rufus R. Jones[/color] [b]AWA[/b] - Sgt. Slaughter retained the AWA Television title by defeating Billy Robinson [b]WWF[/b] - Dick Murdoch retained the WWF Intercontinental title by defeating Tony Atlas [b]GCW[/b] - Ole Anderson retained the National Television title by defeating Cyclone Negro [b]MSW[/b] - [color=red]Giant Haystacks defeated Gama Singh and Steve Williams[/color] [b]MLW[/b] - Rick Martel retained the NWA Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Dutch Mantell [b]CSW[/b] - Mongolian Stomper retained the CSW North American Heavyweight title by defeating Owen Hart [b]PPW[/b] - Rocky Johnson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Perry Saturn

Another wrestler for the books [color=blue]Ken Shamrock[/color] [b]Currently in SWCW, CWA, WCCW[/b] Records: [color=red]Southwest Championship Wrestling[/color] Overall: 20-21 Singles: 12-14 Teams: 8-7 [color=red]Championship Wrestling Association[/color] Overall: 13-17 Singles: 6-8 Teams: 7-9 [color=red]World Class Championship Wrestling[/color] Overall: 8-16 Singles: 1-10 Teams: 7-6 [color=red]Pacific Northwest Wrestling[/color] (no longer in promotion) Overall: 9-13 Singles: 3-8 Teams: 6-5 [color=red]Polynesian Pacific Wrestling[/color] (no longer in promotion) Overall: 3-18 Singles: 3-11 Teams: 0-7 [color=red]Southeastern Championship Wrestling[/color] (no longer in promotion) Overall: 1-3 Singles: 1-3 Teams: 0-0 [color=red]Universal Pro-Wrestling[/color] (no longer in promotion) Overall: 5-16 Singles: 3-10 Teams: 2-6 OVERALL RECORD: 59-104

week 4, January 1985 -- Thursday thru Sunday [color=blue]Thursday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - [color=red]Jake Milliman defeated Leon White[/color] [b]SWCW[/b] - Dick Slater retained the Southwest Heavyweight title by defeating Tracy Smothers [b]CSW[/b] - [color=red]Brickhouse Brown defeated Bret Hart[/color] [b]PPW[/b] - Rocky Johnson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeatng Lars Anderson [color=blue]Friday[/color] I received a call to go to Fritz Von Erich's office at WCCW. When I got there he told me that he had to cut back on the roster and balance it. He told me that he was sorry and that I was being released from the rest of my verbal contract. I told him that it was a pleasure working for WCCW and thank you for the time that I was here wrestling close to home. (We have struck up a friendship) I immediately called my agent and told him that I wanted to work in another promotion to go along with Central States. He called me back and told me that he had talked to Bill Watts, the owner of Mid-South Wrestling, and that he would be interested in talking to me. When I got to the office in Oklahoma, I met with Bill Watts and Bill Dundee, who was the head booker. Bill Watts said that he saw most of my matches in WCCW and would be interested to see what I got and offered me a try out match. Considering this is a step up from a regional sized promotion to a cult sized promotion I decided to accept the try out match, which is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday of next week on their TV show. I told him that I would be wearing a mask and go by the name of Master of Pain. [b]CStates - Bulldog's Last Stand Match: [color=red]The Commando[/color] versus Riki Chosyu[/b] The match begins and I avoid a kick in the knee and give Chosyu a throat thrust and a kick in the back. I give Chosyu a flying double axe handle but he avoids a kick in the chest and gives me a back fist and applies a top wrist lock. Chosyu kicks me in the thigh and applies a side headlock then kicks me in the thigh again and gives me a fireman's carry takedown. Chosyu kicks me in the knee but I slip from a side headlock and irish whip him. I give him a clubbing blow and followed it with a backbreaker and a kick in the chest. I irish whip him again and give him a throat thrust before whipping him into a corner. I rammed my shoulder into him a couple of times then Chosyu counters a suplex with a palm thrust and gives me a knee pull before driving a knee into my leg. Chosyu gives me a knee pull then I slip from a rear chinlock and give him a backbreaker. He avoids a mafia kick and gives me a single leg trip. I slip from a knee pull and put Chosyu in a bearhug and smash his back against the turnbuckles. I choke him in the corner then he slips out and applies a side headlock and gives me a european uppercut. I slip from a front facelock, put Chosyu in a hammerlock, and give him a back bomb then went to the top rope and give him a flying standing elbow smash. I twisted Chosyu's head and give him a flurry of bionic elbows. Chosyu countered an inverted piledriver with a back fist and I slip from a side headlock. He countered a mafia kick with a kick in the thigh then kicked me in the knee and thigh again. Chosyu gives me a palm thrust and a single leg trip then I slip away before he could drive a knee into my leg. Chosyu countered a bearhug with a kick in the knee but then I avoid a kick to the thigh and pick him up by the throat and throw him to the mat. Chosyu countered an inverted piledriver with a back fist and gives me a headbutt followed by a single leg trip and driving a knee into my leg. I slip from a knee pull but Chosyu countered a backbreaker with a kick in the thigh. I broke a front facelock but he countered a flap jack with a back fist then gives me a double leg trip and drives a knee into my leg. I slip from a knee pull and whip Chosyu into a corner but he counters a spear with a kick in the knee and gives me a back fist. Chosyu irish whips me, which knocks the ref out, and I avoid a headbutt and throw him out of the ring. I leave the ring and pick up a chair but Chosyu counters a shot in the back with a side headlock and kicks me in the knee. Chosyu applies a front facelock then kicks me in the thigh before applying a side headlock, a front facelock, and another side headlock as the ref recovers. Chosyu gives me a single leg trip then kicks me in the thigh and the knee before taking me down with a side headlock. He gives me a knee pull and drives a knee into my leg before rolling me back into the ring and applying a rear chinlock. I slip from a knee pull but Chosyu reverses an irish whip and gives me a european uppercut and applies a rear chinlock. I break an inside toe hold and Chosyu countered a bearhug with a kick in the knee and then gives me a back fist and a single leg trip. Chosyu gives me another backfist then I counter a triple forearm blow with a choke slam and pin him for the win. [b]Time: 19 minutes, Rating: C[/b] [b]Today's Wrestling News CStates[/b] - Releases Moose Morowski [b]WCCW[/b] - [color=red]Releases Texas Red[/color] [b]JPUK[/b] - [color=red]Cowboy Bret Hart defeated Drew McDonald[/color] [b]WWC[/b] - Invader #1 retained the Universal Heavyweight title by defeating Mike Shaw [color=blue]Saturday[/color] [b]CStates - Central States All-Stars TV Show Match: [color=red]The Commando[/color] versus Bob Brown[/b] The match begins and I kick Brown in the gut then he slips from a backbreaker and gives me an arm wringer smash and a flying double axe handle before gouging my eyes. He applies a top wrist lock and gives me a forearm in the back of the head then puts me in a hammerlock and wails at my shoulder. I slip from an arm wringer but Brown reverses an irish whip and gouges my eyes before giving me a forearm blow. Brown gives me a flying double axe handle and applies a front facelock before punching me and gouging my eyes. I slip from a front facelock and whip Brown into a corner and ram him a couple of times with my shoulder. I kick him in the back then he stops me from climbing the turnbuckles. I slip from a top wrist lock and give Brown a backbreaker. Brown avoids a flying double axe handle and irish whips me. He gouges my eyes, applies a front facelock, gouges my eyes again, gives me a flying double axe handle, gouges my eyes a third time, then punches me and gives me another flying double axe handle. I avoid a headbutt and Brown counters a suplex with a punch. I slip from a top wrist lock and give Brown an arm wringer smash and a suplex. Brown reverses an irish whip and gives me a forearm blow. He irish whips me but I avoid a forearm blow and put him in an airplane spin and give him a backbreaker. Brown reverses an irish whip and applies a top wrist lock. I slip from a backbreaker then irish whip him and give him a throat thrust and a suplex before kicking him in the back. I give Brown a flying double axe handle then he fights back and gouges my eyes before giving me a flying double axe handle. I avoid a forearm blow and give Brown a clubbing blow and a backbreaker then followed them with a mafia kick. Brown catches me on the top rope and throws me off then kicks me in the back and gives me a bionic elbow. I slip a backbreaker but Brown counters a bearhug with an eye gouge and applies a top wrist lock. He gouges my eyes again then I slip from a top wrist lock. Brown counters a bearhug with an eye gouge and gives me a headbutt then applies a rear chinlock. I avoid a kick in the chest and give Brown a double backbreaker then twisted his head and whipped him into a corner. He avoids a spear but I slip from a rear chinlock, put Brown in a bearhug, and rammed his back against the turnbuckles. I choked him in the corner then he ducked under a clothesline and gouges my eyes before applying a front facelock. Brown bodyslams me and kicks me in the chest then I break a rear chinlock and give him a flap jack. Brown avoids a mafia kick and applies a front facelock. Brown irish whips and headbutts me then gouges my eyes and applies a top wrist lock. He gives me an arm wringer smash and gouges my eyes then gives me a flying double axe handle and starts wailing on my shoulder after putting me in a hammerlock. I slip from an arm wringer and give him a shoulder breaker after putting him in a hammerlock. Brown avoids a bionic elbow and gives me a backbreaker. I slip before Brown could tear my face and irish whip him. I give him a big boot then give him a backbreaker against the turnbuckles. I irish whip Brown and give him a lariat clothesline but he kicks out of a pin attempt at the last second. I turn Brown into a human frisbee but he counters an inverted piledriver with a punch then gives me a roundhouse punch and a bionic elbow before tearing my face. Brown puts me in the boston crab but I don't submit. He puts me in a big bearhug and again I don't submit. Brown irish whips me, knocking the ref out, and gives me a running elbow smash. I slip out of a boston crab and leave the ring. I pick up a chair and enter the ring with it. I try to hit him with the chair in the back but he counters with a forearm blow. Brown irish whips me and gives me a running elbow smash and I start to bleed. I slip from a boston crab, pick up the chair, and give Brown a running chair shot in the head. I throw the chair out of the ring then Brown avoids a flying shoulder tackle as the ref recovers. I kick out of the pin attempt at the last second then he incites the crowd. I slip from a bearhug and give Brown a double backbreaker. He stops me from climbing the turnbuckles and gives me a flying double axe handle. I slip from a bearhug, put Brown in a bearhug, and smash his back against the turnbuckles. Brown breaks a choke slam and incites the crowd. I slip from a head claw and irish whip Brown, knocking the ref out again. I give him a running elbow smash and apply a bearhug. Brown stops me from twisting his head and I stop him before he could incite the crowd. Brown breaks a choke slam try and irish whips me. He pulls out brass knuckles but I duck under the punch and give Brown a powerbomb as the ref recovers. I go for the pin but Brown kicks out at the last second. Brown counters an inverted piledriver with a forearm blow but I break from a piledriver. I give Brown a flap jack and he kicks out of a pin attempt at the last second. Brown breaks a choke slam try and incites the crowd. I slip from a head claw and give Brown a mafia kick then irish whip him. Brown avoids a lariat clothesline and applies a head claw. I don't submit and then break from a bearhug. He counters a bearhug with an eye gouge then I break from a head claw. Brown counters a choke with a punch then irish whips me but I duck under his attempt to punch me with brass knuckles. Brown counters an inverted piledriver with an eye gouge then puts me in a bearhug and I submit. [b]Time: 35 minutes, Rating: B- Today's Wrestling News MACW[/b] - [color=red]The Great Kabuki defeated The Iron Sheik[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Legion of Death retained the Mid-Atlantic U.S. Tag Team titles by defeating Rufus R. Jones and Jerry Brisco[/color] [b]WWF[/b] - Dick Murdoch retained the WWF Intercontinental title by defeating Sgt. Slaughter [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Otto Wanz defeated The Spoiler[/color] [b]JPUK[/b] - [color=red]Steve Grey, Peter Roberts and Les Thornton defeated Dave Bond, Drew McDonald and Cowboy Bret Hart[/color] [b]CWA[/b] - Jerry Lawler retained the Southern Heavyweight title by defeating Stan Lane [b]ASW[/b] - Al Tomko retained the Canadian Heavyweight title by defeating Buck Robley [color=blue]Sunday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News WCCW[/b] - Akio Sato retained the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title by defeating Fred Ottman

Mark's progress report February 1, 1985 [color=red]Changes are in red[/color] [b]World Overness[/b] USA - 53 ([color=red]+16[/color]) (I guess it makes a difference by winning a major title and doing it on TV) Canada - 0 Mexico - 0 Japan - 0 UK - 0 [b]Skills/Attributes[/b] Spirit - 55 ([color=red]+7[/color]) power - 76 technique - 50 speed - 54 psychology - 83 stamina - 63 toughness - 81 charisma - 91 microphone - 29 safety - 62 looks - 92 respect - 20 [b]Promotions & Match Records[/b] [color=blue]Pacific Northwest[/color] Disposition: Heel Upper Midcarder -- No longer in promotion Won/Lost records: Singles: 18-3 Tag Teams: 10-0 [color=blue]World Class Championship Wrestling[/color] Disposition: Heel Main Eventer -- No longer in promotion Won/Lost records: Singles: 31-6 Tag Teams: 21-1 [color=blue]Central States[/color] Disposition: Heel Main Eventer ([color=red]Up from Upper Midcarder[/color]) Won/Lost records: Singles: 5-4 Tag Teams: 3-1

I probably should have gone to CWA, a regional sized promotion, instead but I'll take the shot in a cult sized promotion. In real life he joined USWA in 1989. I had thought that I read that it covered the Oklahoma-Louisiana area but I misread the info. USWA was the result of a merger between Jarrett's CWA and Fritz's WCCW in the late 1980s. AWA was also part of the merger but it left the USWA. The promotion that covered the Oklahoma-Louisiana area was in fact Universal Wrestling Federation.

week 1, February 1985 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News PPW[/b] - Rocky Johnson retained the Polynesian Pacific title by defeating Fumihiro Nikura [b][color=purple]Don Owen leaves wrestling[/color][/b] -- PNW is now left with no owner and no head booker! [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]MSW - Mid-South Wrestling TV Show Tryout Match: [color=red]Master of Pain[/color] versus Mike Rotundo[/b] I don't have much time before my tryout match because it is the opening match so I put my mask on and head out. The match begins and Rotundo irish whips me and gives me a forearm blow. I slip from a side headlock and give him an arm wringer smash and a clubbing blow. Rotundo avoids a kick in the back and gives me a fireman's carry takedown and applies a side headlock. He snap mares me and applies a rear chinlock and head scissors before giving me a leg drag. I break head scissors and give Rotundo a suplex and a kick in the chest. I irish whip Rotundo and give him a throat thrust. Rotundo slips from a backbreaker and applies a hammerlock. I slip out of the hold and give Rotundo a backbreaker and a kick in the back. I climbed the turnbuckles and give him a flying double axe handle followed by a suplex. I whipped him into a corner and rammed him with my shoulder a couple of times then twisted his head. I give Rotundo a mafia kick but he stops me from climbing the turnbuckles and gives me an arm whip and a flying double axe handle. He applies a front facelock then gives me a single leg trip before applying head and body scissors. I break from body scissors but Rotundo falls on top after a flap jack and gets a one-count. I avoid a flying double axe handle and give Rotundo a double backbreaker. He avoids a bearhug and dropkicks me before applying a side headlock. Rotundo hits me with a running clothesline but I slip from a rear chinlock, put him in a hammerlock, and give him a back bomb. I whip Rotundo into a corner and spear him. Rotundo breaks a choke slam try but I slip from a side headlock and give him a backbreaker against the turnbuckles. I then picked him up by the neck and threw him to the mat. I climbed the turnbuckles and give Rotundo a flying standing elbow smash and followed it with an inverted piledriver. I then pinned Mike Rotundo for the win. [b]Time: 13 minutes, Rating: C+[/b] Later on in the card Gama Singh defeated [color=red]Giant Haystacks[/color]. [b]Today's Wrestling News WWF[/b] - Dick Murdoch retained the WWF Intercontinental title by defeating Tony Atlas [b]CWA[/b] - Jerry Lawler retained the AWA International title by defeating Chavo Guerrero, Sr [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] I received a message that Mike Rotundo praised my performance and I was to meet with Bill Watts. Mr. Watts said that he was excited about my match and offered me a position of midcarder at the rate of $640 per appearance for one year. I gladly accepted the offer. (To Be Continued)

Archived