D.O.T.T. - What is your game like?

[QUOTE=DocStevens;245166]No they can only be defended in their "home" promotion. At this time there are no rotating titles. :([/QUOTE] suckass. although I suppose one could use the editor and create new titles with the appropriate prestige and same names if we're all...collaborating...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
End of the Year (1984) update: (I'm WWF, booking for Vince, blocked from signing wrestlers from other federations; can only sign unemployed workers.) Wrestler of the Year: Adrian Street. Had a super feud with Jerry Lawler in the WWF, which Jerry came on top on. Adrian was the runner-up for the vacant the WW*E* World Title (Muraco was hurt badly and I had to cut him. :mad: ) Sgt Slaughter beat him in the final to become the new WWE champ. Street attacked and taunted Sgt, and they fought each other via tag matches, before Adrian upset Sgt on Christmas to win the title in an A* match. Backlund is still the WW*F* Heavyweight champ, beating all challengers, especially Jerry Brisco, Masked Superstar (ranked #1), Studd, and Austin Idol. Had Lars Anderson Dusty Turn on him in a tag team match in October, which is setting up a 1985 feud between them. The Masked Superstar is the I-C champ, cheating to beat Big John Studd, who had turned face against Blassie and Masked Superstar. Studd had beaten Tito Santana. The Fabulous Ones have been champs , and been feuding with The Moondogs and New Samoans (Afa and Samu). [Afa had turned on Sika, whose contract was going up.) Out of business so far (from 1983 to Jan 1985): WWA, JPUK, CWA,CWF,HCW, CMLL, UWA. Federations at Cult: WWF, AJPW, WCCW, MACW, GCW, PNW, NJPW, ASW (UK), AWA I didn't renew the contracts of Tony Garea (he was serviceable, but I needed room for others, since I'm not National), Leroy Brown, Ray Candy, El Halcon, Fantasma, Jesse Barr, Tiger Chung Lee, Dan Severn, Rocky Johnson, Lord Humgous, Lord Alfred Hayes, Don Kernodle, SD Jones, Joe Savoldi, Invaders, Eddie Gilbert, Mr. Fuji, Brian Blair, Sika, Linda McMahon, Siva Afi, Jim Brunzell, Muraco, Dick Woehrle (I kept Dick Kroll to save money.) New recruits: Barry Windham, Jerry Brisco, Dick Murdoch, Barry Darsow, Owen Hart, Bobby Eaton, Great Muta, Shawn Michaels, Marty Jannetty, Scott Hall, Tully Blanchard. I had some MAJOR MAJOR issues with the Top 100, similar to a previous poster. I can only assume the "editors" weigh how much a worker carries his matches, regardless of how many matches he was in. Or it's random. Either way, there are glaring head-scratchers. I had hired Siva Afi in 1983, just as a part-timer. He had some great matches with Muraco after Snuka had died. I kept him away from being in angles, just plugged him if I wanted some good filler. Anyway, he was ranked #2 in the world for some reason. 6-1-17 [C+ Average, and his A* match with Muraco]. Meanwhile Tito Santana, much more popular, former I-C champ, Main Eventer in the most prestigious company [WWF is B+], 66-10-50 [B- Average, A* Match of the Year against Muraco] was 96??????? Jimmy Snuka, who was 5-11 before he died [C+ average, highest B] somehow was ranked 38, over AWA world champs [Adonis, Jake the Snake, Chris Adams] former NWA champion Piper, super workers with high skills, popularity, and match ratings: Antonio Inoki, David von Erich, Murdoch, Larry Z, Orton, Hansen, Orndorff, Dynamite, Patera, Colon, Andre, etc. As I said in the previous Top 100 discussion...if there's no significance to it, I hope the next version does have a significant list. Anyway, trying to report this if anyone's interested in trying to crack the Top 100 algorithm. I believe my previous posting on it (do a search) has a few suggestions. Not ripping it, I'm just saying..lol. I'm trying to imagine another Earth or timeline where Siva Afi [just handful of matches, and okay- let's assume he carried them] would rank over Flair, Backlund, Hogan, Martel, Slaughter, all the Von Erichs, Bockwinkel, Funks, Steamboat, Blanchard, Andersons, Rhodes- guys that sim well in DOTT (and rightfully so).

Archived