D.O.T.T. - What is your game like?

[QUOTE=MachismoX;235916] I made WCW on Easy... I took pride in buying out GCW (cheated with the money...) as I'd set myself as enemies with their owner, and felt it was a personal victory in seeing them go bankrupt...[/QUOTE] I don't really understand your line of thinking. You make a promotion on the Easy setting and then buy out a company by cheating and you consider this a personal victory? Interesting what passes for "victory" in your world.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=The Warrior;236116]I don't really understand your line of thinking. You make a promotion on the Easy setting and then buy out a company by cheating and you consider this a personal victory? Interesting what passes for "victory" in your world.[/QUOTE] I don't think Easy setting effects anything other than what your company starts with. You get a cult level company with a million dollars, so you cutout the financial issue. I think that's alright if you're only interested in booking :). The victory being that I got to see my old boss go under. With the horrible budgeting I'd created in my 8 month reign, but still... I don't really pay attention to the $ in the game... From TEW 05 and 07 I'd built up an affection for GCW's title lineage, so I increased my money so they wouldn't die out. I'll probably do the same thing when MACW kicks the bucket, so as not to lose the NWA title. You all don't mark out for the title lineages like I do? I've always been obsessed with them. When Adam added the historic lineages I knew I was buying 07. :)

Guest .SVA
I haven't progressed all that long in my game but I'll write you all up on it when a get further then a month or two. But one thing that I actually like about my current DOTT game, is that in a span of two days WWF signed Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat and Jesse Ventura. Now that was pretty kewl too see, not to say a tad bit realistic.

Just to elaborate on what happens when you buy out a promotion, you [i]most certainly[/i] get a [i]very[/i] nice added bonus: [b]prestige[/b]! I just bought out MSW and CWA in my game, and then suddenly noticed that my prestige had gone from B- to B+. Upon Checking the editor, I saw that the exact number had jumped [i]a full 10 points[/i]! So while it can get quite expensive buying out promotions (Regional promotions cost $1,000,000 on the dot from my experiences; Small promotions can usually be bought by just paying off their debts, and I imagine promotions bigger than Regional cost increasing amounts of money to buy out), if you need a good prestige boost (such as when you're at war with WWF in DOTT and need the prestige to stop them from stealing your workers, or better yet, to start stealing workers from them, hint hint), buying out promotions is most definitely the way to go if you have the money to spare (not like you're gonna spend it on anything else) . . . If I manage to get to National, I'll likely jump right up to 100 at the rate that I'm gaining!

Guest The Aussie
Well, my game is currently in front of me but here is what things are like currently from memory. I am booking the WWF as owner and have stablished some fairly good things. I've set up a storyline where Bob Backlund has been defending his World Title against everyone in the Main Event except for Andre & Snuka. Snuka & Andre take offense to this and both lay down simulaneous challenges for my upcoming large show (February). Bob sneaks away with the title at the large show and challenges them to try and take it away at Wrestlemania. Over the next few weeks there are a few face-offs until the show before Mania where the three take part in a six man tag against the Iron Sheik, Afa & Sika. Things breakdown all together and the champion and contenders get themselves counted out when they begin to brawl with each other on the outside. At Wrestlemania, Andre wins the title by pinning Backlund when Backlund attempts a chickenwing on Andre and the big-man falls on top of him. On other things, I've bought in Michael Hayes, Jim Garvin and Terry Gordy as the Freebirds with Garvin and Gordy tagging at Mania to challenge the Wild Samoans but unfortunatly losing. I'm planning on having The Freebirds win them at Summerslam and holding them for a while. I've also signed Hogan and had him feud with Billy Graham and have had him constantly chasing Billy Graham for a month and a half after beating on Hogans good friends the Bushwhackers. Hogan and the Bushwhackers have been beaten down week after week and Hogan finally beat Graham at Wrestlemania but this was by DQ. I'm planning on having them go for a bit longer.

Aww mah...I worked Kerry Von Erich up as an A in Mid South and was planning to finally put the entire focus of WCCW on him as we made our way into a national promotion (I was going to do an angle with NWA World Champion Ricky Steamboat, on contract with WCCW as well, where it was a controversial finish and WCCW seceded from the NWA)... His father won't let me resign him due to his drug problems...talk about tough love!!

Guest cmdrsam
I'm playing with MACW. Only in a few months into the game. Lost over 74 thousand dollars the first month. Knew it was going to be a rough month because I used high dollar workers in areas Im not established in but I figured I would try and blitz the area anyways. Seconf month was much better as I made alittle over 21 thousand. Ric Flair of course is my World Champion but as a face. Just came out of a fued with Terry Funk using the Rich/Sawyer war as a backdrop. May continue this fued at a later date but Im wrapping up a fued with Harley Race and Cowboy Bob Orton. I would like to have Race and Flair go into a program togethor then finish it with Terry Funk going right back into his program with Flair. Sarge got picked up right away with the big bad WWF so I teamed Kernoodle with Ivan Kolloff. Fueding with Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood. Dusty Rhodes is working with Greg Valentine in a program for the Hammer's US championship. Created a TV Title which Paul Orndorff currently hold after winning it in a 3 way with Tommy Rich and Dick Slater. Jake Roberts is working a program with Mike Rotundo for the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title. Was going to have Roberts win but he shot way up the card and is a upper midcarder. Rotundo retains becasue he just isnt ready yet to move higher up. But I'll keep working him. Gary Hart and the Great Kabuki have waged war on Bugsy Mcgraw. I remember as a kid watching Mcgraw but I think Im gonna have Kabuki drive him out in a loser leave fed match eventually. Road Warriors hold the Mid-Atlantic Tag Team belts currently. But have signed a couple of teams as of late and gonna try and mesh them all. Signed are Bobby Eaton and Koko B Ware for one team. Also Rock n Roll Express, Fabulaous Ones, The Moon Dogs, Ron Bass has been signed so Im teaming him with Black Bart. That just about wraps it up. Love DOTT. Many thanks again for Mr Boone's work and for those envolved in it.

Guest cmdrsam
Small amount yes. They are a work in progress. Kinda hampered right now becaue animal has a sprained ankle so Iv had to back off with them alittle.

The Road Warriors work well if you use them in alot of angles that are based on looks. Then put them in very short "brawl based" matches and you should get them over very quickly. Without a doubt one of my favorite teams to use in any time period. Even when I play C-Verse I try to put together a Road Warriors type team if I can and of course playing DOTT is the best since you get the real thing in their prime!

Guest cmdrsam
Thats excactly what I do with them have Precious Paul Ellering as thier mouth peice of course. They are climbing just not fast but I will continue to plug them as long as they inmprove. I too like the Warriors. I still remember watching Jerry Lawler and Austin Idol beating them in Memphis to win the AWA tag championship.

I have them doing really well in matches with The Freebirds, Fabs and Rock n Roll Xpress. They get B- and sometimes B ratings. All in regular matches and I have them dominate the offense, even if they aren't winning. That way they don't have to sell a lot.

[QUOTE=shipshirt;237338]Aww mah...I worked Kerry Von Erich up as an A in Mid South and was planning to finally put the entire focus of WCCW on him as we made our way into a national promotion (I was going to do an angle with NWA World Champion Ricky Steamboat, on contract with WCCW as well, where it was a controversial finish and WCCW seceded from the NWA)... His father won't let me resign him due to his drug problems...talk about tough love!![/QUOTE] As a side note this post (did he just quote his OWN POST?!?!? Yes, yes he did)... Is anyone of the opinion that maybe the Von Erichs should be on Lifetime contracts with WCCW in the game? I know it's easy enough to just change in the editor, I was just curious on anyone's thoughts pro or con. I'm a lemming like that.

Would I? No. But my father doesn't own a major wrestling company. :) They pretty much did just what you said as WWF was keen on getting Kerry (Vince ideally wanted Hogan, Flair and Kerry) and he didn't go there until WCCW was pretty much dead. The point you're bringing up doesn't really enter into it though. If, in game, WCCW was going down the tubes, presumably meaning bankrupt, then Kerry would become free to go wherever anyway...lifetime contract or not.

I don't see a problem with the Von Erichs as just PPA since all of them have all had attempts to get them in my game, but nobody has moved. MACW even went to national (even if it was for only three months) and neither Kerry & Kevin moved. I tried to created my own success with the Von Erichs name by signing Steve Simpson & Ricky Vaughn to become Patrick & Lance Von Erich, but I didn't get success out of them. They sent three months in dark matches, and still the fans hated Lance (Ricky).

The Dunvegan Dynasty is on Season 2 now, and everything is wonderful. (In fact, for those of you who rated it down or didn't like it before, I urge you to give it another chance while also putting any personal dislike for me out of mind; I have an improved format now that is more interesting for readers.) I know the loyalty stuff and everything is needed to stop the WWF from stealing away certain people who wouldn't have left (Ric Flair, Ole Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Nick Bockwinkle, etc.), but in the long run, it is quite annoying. I have no idea how I'm gonna get the Four Horsemen at the moment; while I have Flair and it's easy enough to get Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard is related to the owner of SWCW and Ole is GCW's head booker, thus making them both impossible to hire. Now that'll change when SWCW gets far enough in debt for me to buy them out (which will happen in the next couple months), but that still leaves me minus Ole. The WWF better watch out when I hit National, though, because I will [i]pulverize[/i] them.

[QUOTE=Anubis;240482] I know the loyalty stuff and everything is needed to stop the WWF from stealing away certain people who wouldn't have left (Ric Flair, Ole Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Nick Bockwinkle, etc.), but in the long run, it is quite annoying. I have no idea how I'm gonna get the Four Horsemen at the moment; while I have Flair and it's easy enough to get Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard is related to the owner of SWCW and Ole is GCW's head booker, thus making them both impossible to hire. Now that'll change when SWCW gets far enough in debt for me to buy them out (which will happen in the next couple months), but that still leaves me minus Ole. [/QUOTE] It is highly possible to get Tully. This is my second time playing, and he has become available both times in 1984. The first was because they went out of business, and the second is surprisingly because of the following... [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103/kingofthe313/rsz_1Tully.jpg[/IMG] So, it can happen. Never managed to get Ole though, so in my first game, I just used my fav version of the horsemen from the start (Flair, Arn, Tully & Windham), but i'm gonna wait it out for Ole, seeing as though i want to do it right this time.

The biggest problem with Ole Anderson is that he's the head booker. You can't get him in a trade and you can't sign him. GCW is also doing fairly well, so he won't be getting fired as head booker. I have no idea how to get him. Tully, of course, will be easy either way. I could get him in a trade and up his popularity so much that he leaves, or I could just wait another month or two until I can buy out SWCW.

Yup, GCW are doing very well in my game as well, and have even surpassed AWA as third most popular promotion. At the rate they are on, they'll probably pass me (MACW) as well. As for Ole, the only thing i could see working is to go to war with them, and try to take their top talent, causing them to put on crappy shows, thus removing Ole as head booker or ultimately going out of business. Even that would be a gamble though.

Yeah, in one game I ran Tully Blanchard left SWCW in October 84. Flair left MACW in October 85. GCW went bankrupt in April 1984, and Ole has only wrestled in occasional Independent Shows since then (including an interesting C match where he teamed with Abdullah the Butcher).

Ole was cool - don't get me wrong, but what I would do is substitute Ole for Gino Hernandez. Not many people remember, but Tully & Gino were the originial Dynamic Duo (before Gino & Chris Adams in World Class). Blanchard himself has offered the opinion that the Dynamic Duo was better than the Brainbusters; an opinion I agree with. So if you cannot snag Anderson, Hernandez would make an excellent replacement.

That's a good idea to use Gino. Unfortunately for me, Crockett won't let me sign anyone with a known drug problem. Other substitutes I thought would fit in are Gene Anderson, and Ken Patera. Gene, of course, would be perfect to keep that Andersons team alive, and Patera and Flair are best friends, so I think he'd be a natural fit as the muscle of the group, or in a sort of bodyguard role for Flair.

Archived