D.O.T.T. - What is your game like?

I was wondering if this ever happened in anyone else's game. Angelo Poffo announced that he will be retiring, so the same day, Randy Savage inherited the company. Now i look today, and Angelo has been named head booker of ICW. Been trying to get Savage from the start, and of course he wouldn't sign. Now i can really forget about it, unless ICW goes out of business.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=beatzNrhymez;240670]That's a good idea to use Gino. Unfortunately for me, Crockett won't let me sign anyone with a known drug problem. Other substitutes I thought would fit in are Gene Anderson, and Ken Patera. Gene, of course, would be perfect to keep that Andersons team alive, and Patera and Flair are best friends, so I think he'd be a natural fit as the muscle of the group, or in a sort of bodyguard role for Flair.[/QUOTE] Ah... good one; Patera would be an excellent Muscle role in that stable. One thing that might be a hindrance there would be Patera's penchant for legal problems. You'd hate to book him in a storyline, only for him to be thrown in the slammer after a late-night McDonalds run. :) Then again, it won't stop you from hiring him (curse Crockett's morals! heh). Gene Anderson was a favorite of mine as a kid - but as a competitor at this point, his time is almost up. I suppose he could be used in a managerial role for the Horsemen, but as far as entertainment skills, he's even below J.J. Dillon (which is saying something). Good call.

That's some funny stuff you wrote about Patera. Never thought about that. As for Gene, you are absolutely right. He was replaced with Arn because of that, so it really wouldn't make much sense now that i think about it. Well, there's always Lars Anderson... Nevermind, he and Crockett hate each other.

I have a GCW game going and the Legion of Doom is dominating the game. I am really struggling to find a balance to LOD due to the lack of a good solid face stable. Here is what I have going for LOD: ~The Road Warriors (Main Event) as Tag Team Champs ~Buzz Sawyer (Main Event) feuding with Tommy Rich for Heavyweight Title ~Paul Ellering (manager) involved in most matches and promos ~Jake Roberts (Mid Card) as TV Champ ~The Spoiler (Upper Mid) ~The Barbarian (Lower Mid) working him with The Spoiler to help improve his ratings My tag division is very weak and the Mr Wrestling/Mr Wrestling 2 tag team being about the only thing that can even come close to the Road Warriors and both of those guys are old and fading fast. I do have Terry Funk and I am using him to feud with Paul Ellering in an angle where Ellering is trying to destroy Funk using The Spoiler and the Barbarian as his muscle but ultimately Funk will win out which might set up something bigger. Tommy Rich has great ratings but his popularity still needs work although he is improving thanks to his feud with Buzz Sawyer. I am currently on the Rich vs Sawyer War part 2 and plan on taking it all the way through so hopefully Rich will emerge with very good popularity afterwards. I am feuding Stan Hansen and Ole Anderson right now getting a decent rating but I think I need to turn Hansen face and have him team with Ole. Maybe they could give the Road Warriors a good feud???? I have Iron Sheik on the roster but not sure what to do with him. I also just signed the Fantastics Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers but they are young and need time to develop so they won't be much help building up my tag division. I have Ronnie Garvin too but he is only Mid Card and while a solid in ring worker, not really someone I can put up in major storylines, more of a build up lower level worker kind of guy. Any ideas on how to beef up the Faces in my fed or who I should pick up? I really need to improve the tag division as the Warriors are so dominating and there is no team that can really stop them. I do have Bobby Heenan teaming with Gordon Solie to form the greatest announcing team in the history of wrestling and my contract with TBS has just been renewed for another 3 seasons so I am good there. I am working show mostly in the Southeast and Great Lakes in an attempt to get those regions high enough that I can grow the company and get a PPV deal once the PPV block is off and of course eventually get the ability to offer written contracts. Finally I have a ton of working agreements, non-aggression pacts, and I am at war with the WWF. The problem with the war is that I can not sign anyone away from the WWF but they do pick off my guys (like Paul Orndorff) from time to time so the war isn't a good thing for me right now.

[QUOTE=DocStevens;240702]... I am feuding Stan Hansen and Ole Anderson right now getting a decent rating but I think I need to turn Hansen face and have him team with Ole. Maybe they could give the Road Warriors a good feud????[/QUOTE] In my humble opinion, Hansen and Anderson are without doubt one of the most underrated tag teams in wrestling history. I would go with turning Hansen as soon as possible. The resultant war between Hansen & Anderson vs. The Road Warriors would be super, I'd think. If nothing else, those two would really help Hawk and Animal develop; more so than the Mr. Wrestlings would (long-term, that is). Face possibilities: Buzz Sawyer could always be turned face. I was fortunate enough to see a couple of those Sawyers vs. Road Warriors battles live - and they were always entertaining. Or you could do what GCW did: bring in King Kong Bundy as a heel, then turn him using the 'Turning of KK Bundy' storyline. :) Paul Ellering was hilarious during that bit. Bring in Austin Idol!

[QUOTE=DocStevens;240702] Any ideas on how to beef up the Faces in my fed or who I should pick up? I really need to improve the tag division as the Warriors are so dominating and there is no team that can really stop them. [/QUOTE] If not signed by the WWF, I would pick up the following faces... [B]The Rock & Roll Express[/B] - could be allies with Wildfire Tommy Rich, and battling The Road Warriors for Tag Titles [B]Bobby Eaton[/B] - could be another ally to Rich, and contender to Jake's TV Title [B]Manny Fernandez[/B] - could be used as a contender for the Heavyweight title, and maybe as a ally to Funk, in his battle against Ellering and his duo.

[QUOTE=beatzNrhymez;240724]If not signed by the WWF, I would pick up the following faces... [B]The Rock & Roll Express[/B] - could be allies with Wildfire Tommy Rich, and battling The Road Warriors for Tag Titles [B]Bobby Eaton[/B] - could be another ally to Rich, and contender to Jake's TV Title [B]Manny Fernandez[/B] - could be used as a contender for the Heavyweight title, and maybe as a ally to Funk, in his battle against Ellering and his duo.[/QUOTE] I would add The Fabulous Ones to that list as well. I'm in April of 1984 and I just ran a big storyline where Ted DiBiase had defeated Kerry Von Erich for the Texas Title and it was also a Loser Leaves Town match (Kerry couldn't be resigned due to drug problems). After winning the match and title DiBiase demanded an NWA World Title match (Ricky Steamboat, the current champ, also works for me in WCCW). The match was set for Parade of Champions and it was a 50 minute A* match that saw Dibiase defeat Steamboat. On television the following week, Fritz announced that the NWA claims they didn't sanction the title match and would be stripping DiBiase of the NWA Title. Fritz took the opportunity to no longer recognize the NWA and claimed DiBiase as the first WCCW World Heavyweight Champion. David might finally get that title run afterall ;)

[QUOTE=shipshirt;240728]I would add The Fabulous Ones to that list as well. I'm in April of 1984 and I just ran a big storyline where Ted DiBiase had defeated Kerry Von Erich for the Texas Title and it was also a Loser Leaves Town match (Kerry couldn't be resigned due to drug problems). After winning the match and title DiBiase demanded an NWA World Title match (Ricky Steamboat, the current champ, also works for me in WCCW). The match was set for Parade of Champions and it was a 50 minute A* match that saw Dibiase defeat Steamboat. On television the following week, Fritz announced that the NWA claims they didn't sanction the title match and would be stripping DiBiase of the NWA Title. Fritz took the opportunity to no longer recognize the NWA and claimed DiBiase as the first WCCW World Heavyweight Champion. David might finally get that title run afterall ;)[/QUOTE] Wow, that's a great storyline. Sucks that you won't be able resign Kerry though. Would be cool if as a advantage for the "Blood Relative" relationship, family of the owner could be exempt to owner blocks.

Yeah, like Fritz turns a blind eye to his own sons (not that would ever happen in realy life...oh dear me, no it couldn't :) ) I'll end up retiring the Texas Title and use the American Title as the secondary belt. Somehow Chris Adams, the TV Champion, shot up to a B+ in the Mid South so I'll have to find something interesting for him.

Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to try and pick up most of those guys and see how it plays out. Having the Freebirds and the Legion of Doom might be too much "heel power" but I might give it a run anyway. Also finishing the Hansen turn and pairing him with Ole should be gold and really give the Road Warriors some trouble on their road to global domination!

[QUOTE=DocStevens;241117]Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to try and pick up most of those guys and see how it plays out. Having the Freebirds and the Legion of Doom might be too much "heel power" but I might give it a run anyway. Also finishing the Hansen turn and pairing him with Ole should be gold and really give the Road Warriors some trouble on their road to global domination![/QUOTE] Yeah Ole/Hansen vs. The Road Warriors is a feud I'd love to see! Please let us know how it goes! I have The Freebirds (Hayes/Roberts) and Hayes was getting stale in his role so I turned them face to challenge The Road Warriors for the American tag titles. Kind of a "we can crap on WCCW but some outside team better not come in and try to do it" thing :)

[QUOTE=shipshirt;241167]Yeah Ole/Hansen vs. The Road Warriors is a feud I'd love to see! Please let us know how it goes! [/QUOTE] I have brought in Michael Hayes, Jim Garvin, and Buddy Roberts to create my Freebirds Stable (tried to get a couple others but they turned me down). I turned Stan Hansen face by having him get jumped by the Freebirds after his final match against Ole Anderson in their feud. Anderson then made the save and now Hansen & Anderson are tag teaming against the Freebirds in a storyline. I just brought in Arn and Gene Anderson as well and they are also involved in the Feud vs the Freebirds. It is early but the feud should be a good one. I have the Road Warriors helping Paul Ellering in his feud against Terry Funk which is going to involved a 2 on 1 match at the next "PPV". I brought in Bobby Eaton to feud with Jake Roberts and it is getting good reviews by the fans so far. Tommy Rich is still feuding with Buzz Sawyer but now he has some backup in the form of Austin Idol who also has a side feud going with Greg "The Hammer" Valentine! Things are rocking down in Georgia!

• 2 weeks later...
My WWF game is just way to much fun.. My main three storylines are Andre & Hogan feuding with The Blackjacks over the WWF World Tag Team titles.. Roddy Piper feuding with Bob Backlund (Piper cost Bob the WWF title to Jimmy Snuka.. who soon after turned face and teamed with Backlund to face Piper and his crew).. and a really great feud between Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and the current IC Champ Ricky Steamboat (I brought in former WWF World Champ Ivan Koloff with Valentine, such a good tag team). Jimmy Snuka is World Champ, Steamboat is IC Champ, The Blackjacks are World Tag Champs.. and I created a US Division, a Heavyweight belt (tourney won by Jesse Ventura) and a Tag Team title (won by Strike Force.. Tony Garea and Rick Martel).. it gives my lower card a little purpose as the top three titles are always held by upper midcarders or main eventers. Some cool signings, I hired Raymond Rougeau (giving him the classic 'Mountie' gimmick that in real life was used by his brother, Jacques), Eric Embry (who is like my jobber slash heel tag team partner to the stars), Bob Roop (who I originally brought in to put in the crazed Maha Singh gimmick but made into a straight laced Olympic babyface to team with Bob Backlund), Kevin Sullivan (who I teamed with The Greak Kabuki as the Army of Darkness).. theres a few more, but those are the most oddball. I have three big heel stables, 'The H & H Group'.. Bobby Heenan and Gary Hart's group of Roddy Puper, Don Muraco, The Great Kabuki and Kevin Sullivan. Then I have my new 'Wizard's Cauldron'.. The Grand Wiz now taking Pat Patterson, Ray Stevens, The Masked Superstar and Raymond 'The Mountie' Rougeau under his wing to nab him the WWF World title. Finally we have Freddie Blassie's 'Global Coalition of Evil'.. The Iron Sheik, Greg Valentine, Ivan Koloff, Mr. Fuji and Mr. Saito.. weeeee! ethnic bad guys. But yeah, fun as hell game.. D.O.T.T. will never [I]EVER[/I] get old.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;244152] My main three storylines are Andre & Hogan feuding with The Blackjacks over the WWF World Tag Team titles.[/QUOTE] You could spin that off into a MONSTER feud between Hogan and Andre. After a loss in the big championship match to the Blackjacks turn one of them or even have one of them be secertly working for the Blackjacks and betray the other during the match, etc. So many ways to go with that one!!!

I've been Autoclickin' my way to the 1990's to some very bizzare results. I'm gonna start a promotion sometime in the early 90's. I'm at the fall of 87 at the moment. 1st off, MACW is #1 and are absolutely massive in the game at Global. And it's not even shockin' that Curt Henning is NWA Champ. I would expect that, but who he beat to get that belt shocked me. He beat MAGIC DRAGON! That's right MAGIC DRAGON!! And guess who Magic Dragon beat, AL MADRILL. I can understand all the previous NWA champs, Steamboat, McDaniel, Kolloff, Flair a few more times, but I don't know who booked Dragon and Madrill to get the richest prize in the sport. And that brings us to the WWF, who are doin' OK at National. They turned the strap over to Muracco who I thought should get a run up top anyway, and from there it went to Sarge and then Steamboat, but then SCOTT IRWIN picked the gold up! Can ya' believe that? Anyway, Matt Borne is gettin' his shot with the gold at the moment, hope he can pull it off. Some other notable events: -Dick Slater and The Missing Link both passed away in '87. Slater was absolute gold until then though, he had an average of a B and suprisingly, he had an "A" with Magic Dragon when he dropped the NWA Title to 'em. -Hogan is still wallowin' in the WWF midcard, mostly teamin' with Andre still. -S.D. Jones retired. Damn, that's one guy I can't sign now. (..........aaaaaaaaaand end of sarcasm now....) -Ultimo Dragon, Art Barr and Eddie Guerrero have made their debut. Hope they're not tied down to written contracts when I open up shop. -Smokey Mountain and the St. Louis Wrestling Club have opened, but are struggling to draw and are flounderin'. St. Louis more so than SM. St. Louis have Roger Smith on top, but at least SM has Brad Armstrong and The Fantastics. I'll keep everyone updated with the progress of this game. It's been a blast watchin' the world develop.

[QUOTE=imnotbooked;244604]I've been Autoclickin' my way to the 1990's to some very bizzare results. I'm gonna start a promotion sometime in the early 90's. I'm at the fall of 87 at the moment. 1st off, MACW is #1 and are absolutely massive in the game at Global. And it's not even shockin' that Curt Henning is NWA Champ. I would expect that, but who he beat to get that belt shocked me. He beat MAGIC DRAGON! That's right MAGIC DRAGON!! And guess who Magic Dragon beat, AL MADRILL. I can understand all the previous NWA champs, Steamboat, McDaniel, Kolloff, Flair a few more times, but I don't know who booked Dragon and Madrill to get the richest prize in the sport. And that brings us to the WWF, who are doin' OK at National. They turned the strap over to Muracco who I thought should get a run up top anyway, and from there it went to Sarge and then Steamboat, but then SCOTT IRWIN picked the gold up! Can ya' believe that? Anyway, Matt Borne is gettin' his shot with the gold at the moment, hope he can pull it off. Some other notable events: -Dick Slater and The Missing Link both passed away in '87. Slater was absolute gold until then though, he had an average of a B and suprisingly, he had an "A" with Magic Dragon when he dropped the NWA Title to 'em. -Hogan is still wallowin' in the WWF midcard, mostly teamin' with Andre still. -S.D. Jones retired. Damn, that's one guy I can't sign now. (..........aaaaaaaaaand end of sarcasm now....) -Ultimo Dragon, Art Barr and Eddie Guerrero have made their debut. Hope they're not tied down to written contracts when I open up shop. -Smokey Mountain and the St. Louis Wrestling Club have opened, but are struggling to draw and are flounderin'. St. Louis more so than SM. St. Louis have Roger Smith on top, but at least SM has Brad Armstrong and The Fantastics. I'll keep everyone updated with the progress of this game. It's been a blast watchin' the world develop.[/QUOTE] I'm curious, you're at the Fall of '87 at the moment. I noticed that you mentioned that Ultimo Dragon, Art Barr and Eddie Guerrero have made their debuts. For how long are new wrestlers generated in D.O.T.T.? (at what year do they stop?)

[QUOTE=castorius;244636]I'm curious, you're at the Fall of '87 at the moment. I noticed that you mentioned that Ultimo Dragon, Art Barr and Eddie Guerrero have made their debuts. For how long are new wrestlers generated in D.O.T.T.? (at what year do they stop?)[/QUOTE] Workers debut until the new workers file runs out. Check the New Workers file and you will see all of the debut dates of the workers. I don't have it in front of me so I can't say for sure how long it goes but my file is customized and I added alot of people so it would take me into 2000 and beyond if I ever played that long. [QUOTE=imnotbooked;244636]Hogan is still wallowin' in the WWF midcard, mostly teamin' with Andre still.[/QUOTE] That is one thing I changed in my DOTT file. For some reason the way Hogan is setup in the DOTT file he NEVER makes it big like in real life. In my file I beef up a few of his ratings, increase his pop slightly, and get rid of his Japan contract. From there he almost always gets signed by the WWF and receives a huge push in the main event although sometimes the game will still team him with Andre but overall he performs much better.

Hey Doc, I was wondering if you could clear up the debate from another thread- Do offscreen angles count as pay per appearances [$$$]? I know it doesn't count for hype videos for traded talent as per D Boon's Ghost, but the issue is if it counts for offscreen workers being mentioned, show in replay, etc. I personally don't feel that the game should count an announcer mentioning a worker offscreen as a money appearance. Why should the worker get paid the same amount for actually wrestling and being mentioned offscreen? Thanks...

My understanding of how the game works is that if a worker only appears in an off screen capacity then the company is not charged any money. I must be honest that I have not completely tested this although you could. Just make a copy of a saved game then run a two identical shows (one for each save game) but in one of the shows use someone in an off screen role and see if you are charged more in your Finance section when you used the off screen worker. Bottom line is I don't think you get charged but only the above test or a response from Adam will tell us for sure.

I agree, Doc. Out of curiosity, I assume you operate under the assumption that when you hype an upcoming bout, and those wrestlers are not present, you are not charged for their off screen appearance, right? That's the way I've been operating. I mean...it makes sense!!

Guest cmdrsam
I am going to agree if worker is in a taped angle where he is not actually at the show you are not charged the money.

[QUOTE=TheMiser;244935] ...Do offscreen angles count as pay per appearances [$$$]?...Thanks...[/QUOTE] The answer to this is unclear. See: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=244307#post244307[/url] Where it is mooted either way, but the more definate comments stated that you are charged for such appearences.

I have a DOTT question...just starting a 3-player game with all of us in different promotions. Is there a way (jury-rigged or whatever) that the NWA Titles can be defended outside of the promotions where they start the game? Aside from just creating titles with the same names and prestige everywhere. I really wish there was. That'd be an awesome improvement.

[QUOTE=daddytorgo;245071]I have a DOTT question...just starting a 3-player game with all of us in different promotions. Is there a way (jury-rigged or whatever) that the NWA Titles can be defended outside of the promotions where they start the game? Aside from just creating titles with the same names and prestige everywhere. I really wish there was. That'd be an awesome improvement.[/QUOTE] No they can only be defended in their "home" promotion. At this time there are no rotating titles. :(

Archived