D.O.T.T. - What is your game like?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Playing as MACW... Ric Flair is putting on A* matches like it's nothing to do, and because of that, he was named 1983 Wrestler Of The Year. He has pretty much held the NWA World Heavyweight title through my whole time playing (cept for losing it to Dusty, but he regained it a month later). Nikita Koloff just entered the wrestling business, so I quickly snatched him up, and am currently giving him a Goldberg-esque push by having him in a storyline where he goes 50-0. After that impressive showing, authorities will grant him a title shot against Flair, who will try everything in his power to avoid a confrontation with the Russian Nightmare. The Funks (Dory & Terry) have pretty much dominated all other tag teams, and have held the NWA World Tag Team titles ever since my first day as booker, when they took the titles from Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood. Currently The Road Warriors are being groomed for a program with The Funks, and possibly will take the titles. The current NWA World Cruiserweight (created) champion Mark Rocco and Tiger Mask are in a storyline, where Rocco, jealous of all the attention and praise the newly signed Tiger Mask is receiving, decides to prove that he is still the greatest cruiserweight in the world by making quick work of the fan favorite in a non title match. Tiger Mask defeats the champ, and is now in pursuit of a title shot which Rocco declines. Tiger Mask finally convinces Rocco to put the title on the line in a Mask vs Title match, which will take place at Starrcade.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;233921]That is an excellent write-up, beatzNrhymez; much appreciated. Love the Nikita push. Koloff was the one wrestler that made me think the Road Warriors were square. :)[/QUOTE] no problem I must thank you again though for creating this mod. I don't know how you did it, but this is just perfect, and has infinite replay value for a fan of older wrestling like myself. Also have to thank DocStevens for the End of the Golden Era mod. Haven't played it as much as i'd like to, due to me not being able to get away from my DOTT game, but from what i saw, it is top notch as well, and will be another enjoyable experience. As far as Nikita, we both feel the same. I remember watching with my dad when i was like 4 or 5, and thinking to myself how vicious and unstoppable he always looked.

I'm playing as Deep South Wrestling, I created a federation when I started the game and I'm currently Cult level. Jake Roberts is dominating in my game. I've built a feud around Roberts/Andre against Race/Skinner (Keirn). Roberts has recently unified the DSW Heavyweight and NWA Southern Heavyweight titles. Steve Keirn is under the name 'Wild' Jim Skinner (basically the same look as in WWF). Keirn has the highest overness in DSW. The original idea was to build the federation around Buddy Jack Roberts, but when I started to slip more and more than I started signing people like Keirn and Roberts. Race was a surprise when I picked him up as was Ivan Putski. Koko B. Ware is doing some serious work on the Jr. Heavyweight division. I don't have anybody to take the title from him. The only person I really have is Keiichi 'Thunder' Yamada, a man most people would know as Jushin 'Thunder' Liger. The Prophets (Pluto aka Barbarian and Vulcan aka Boris Zukov) are the current two-time tag team champions. I'm thinking about having them drop the titles to The Russians of Koloff and Krusher (Darsow). My Women's division is currently horrible. It is starting to lose steam and interest from me. I'm thinking about dropping the workload of 6-5 (face and heels) to roughly 3-2. I have built most of my federation around my Deep South Tag Team Invitational Gauntlet. It happens two a year and it is about to take place for the first time in '85. Dennis Condrey and Bobby Eaton have won it twice (April '83, '84). Brutus Beefcake and Greg Valentine won it in December '83. Dutch Mantell and Scott Irwin, who I borrowed from AWA, won it in December '84. Mantell and Irwin defeated Youngblood and Steamboat in the final match. Big Boss Man, Jerry Saggs, Brian Knobbs, and Slick have all recently debuted. I'm thinking about picking up Saggs and Big Bubba, throw them under masks, and get them some skills. I recently imported Michael Fury (Big Guido), Jason Knight, and one of the Smackdown official since they started in '83 to '85.

Running as the WWF, my headliner fued is the "Turning of Superfly" storyline, all the oroginal players in place, followed up by Cobra Clutch Challenge storyline with the Sarge running through half my roster but hitting a big yellow brick wall named Hulk Hogan (who recently debuted as Andre's tag partner), then I'm utalizing the classic Flair / Steamboat feud storyline, but instead of it featuring Steamboat, Valentine, and Flair.. it's Steamboat, Muraco, and Piper with the IC title not the Mid Atlantic title (obviously). I nabbed Tony Schiavone from MACW and stuck him between Monsoon and and Lord Alfred Hayes as my announce team, made Vince my authority figure. I signed up Tiger Mask, not as a jobber per say, but as an all star match filler. Signed The Iron Sheik, The Great Kabuki, Piper, Steamboat, Rick Martel (who formed Strike Force with Tony Garea, not Santana), I stole Mr. Saito from AWA and reteamed him with Mr. Fuji, grabbed Killer Kowalski as a road agent, grabbed Jesse Ventura and teamed him with Big John Studd managed by Bobby Hennan (who I also signed), got Hogan, George Scott as a road agent, Okerland, and Gary Hart (so more or less WWF has the greatest stable of managers like.. ever.) So as you can see, I've sort of made WWF a huge mash up of wrestling all stars. I'm running B- to B+ level shows every week, I've had two B+ matchups, Jimmy Snuka cheating to win over Bruno Sammartino at WWF Championship Wrestling and Andre beating Sgt. Slaughter in the main event of my April Supershow (ending their fued). Right now Backlund is still WWF Champion, Muraco is still IC Champion, and Tony Garea and Rick Martel (Strike Force) are holding the WWF Tag Titles after beating Afa and Sika. Fun game.

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;234075]Running as the WWF, my headliner fued is the "Turning of Superfly" storyline, all the oroginal players in place, followed up by Cobra Clutch Challenge storyline with the Sarge running through half my roster but hitting a big yellow brick wall named Hulk Hogan (who recently debuted as Andre's tag partner), then I'm utalizing the classic Flair / Steamboat feud storyline, but instead of it featuring Steamboat, Valentine, and Flair.. it's Steamboat, Muraco, and Piper with the IC title not the Mid Atlantic title (obviously). I nabbed Tony Schiavone from MACW and stuck him between Monsoon and and Lord Alfred Hayes as my announce team, made Vince my authority figure. I signed up Tiger Mask, not as a jobber per say, but as an all star match filler. Signed The Iron Sheik, The Great Kabuki, Piper, Steamboat, Rick Martel (who formed Strike Force with Tony Garea, not Santana), I stole Mr. Saito from AWA and reteamed him with Mr. Fuji, grabbed Killer Kowalski as a road agent, grabbed Jesse Ventura and teamed him with Big John Studd managed by Bobby Hennan (who I also signed), got Hogan, George Scott as a road agent, Okerland, and Gary Hart (so more or less WWF has the greatest stable of managers like.. ever.) So as you can see, I've sort of made WWF a huge mash up of wrestling all stars. I'm running B- to B+ level shows every week, I've had two B+ matchups, Jimmy Snuka cheating to win over Bruno Sammartino at WWF Championship Wrestling and Andre beating Sgt. Slaughter in the main event of my April Supershow (ending their fued). Right now Backlund is still WWF Champion, Muraco is still IC Champion, and Tony Garea and Rick Martel (Strike Force) are holding the WWF Tag Titles after beating Afa and Sika. Fun game.[/QUOTE] Great game! If you can keep that group together for awhile you are eventually going to be able to put on some serious mega shows!

I'm about 3 months in as WCCW. I'm slowly expanding into the midwest, and am about 4-5 months away from expanding to Cult Status. Fritz is back as an active competitor and the fans love it (at least in Texas). He's feuding with SKandor Akbar and his new Destruction Inc. Stable - Waldo Von Erich, The Sheepherders, and Adrian Adonis. They'll eventually drive him back into retirement. I'm running the Von Erichs v. Freebirds angle, but before that, Kerry and David has some issues when they ended up facing off in a second round tournament match. Once the Freebirds angle ends, there's gonna be a Von Erich brother blood feud. In the game world, Jimmy Snuka has died, Hulk Hogan & Andre The Giant are an unstoppable heel tag team in the WWF, where Roddy Piper is a main event face, and Ray Stevens is the world champion. Michael Hayes is also working for them part-time, and has formed a tag team with Jesse Ventura (The West/South connection?)

I'm not currently playing, but in my past game here's what went down. Signed Don Kerndole and joined him back up with Slaughter. Didn't put them in a storyline, but had them win every one of their matchs which would have given them a future title fued with... The Soul Patrol (Atlas and Johnson) who fought a long and hard feud again the Wild Samoans. Run a storyline that almost mirrored the original, but had Buddy Rogers become the full time manager of Jimmy. Speaking of Buddy Rogers, he acquired the services of Bob Backlund (this was before Skaaland had decent ratings). And helped Bob fend off the belt from all comers including, the retiring Billy Graham (kayfabe only, wanted him to become more of a mentor/manager and wanted to get rid of the Martial Artist gimmick too). Started up the Andre/Studd feud. Signed Ricky Steamboat who lit the world on fire and took the Intercontinental belt off of Don Muraco in a classic best of seven series. Finally, Bruno Sammartino got into a huge feud with the Living Legend himself, who I stole from GCW. Since Bruno is a only a part time wrestler I was only planning on a short feud, but thankfully, the game gave them great chemistry, so I rolled with it. To say that Bruno/Larry was brutal would be an understatement. I threw the gambit at them, cage match, texas death match, street fight, lumberjack match, and even threw in a "Hell In The Cell" match to finish it all off (story being Larry escaped the Cage in their last battle, so Bruno wanted the top caged off too). Needless to say, Larry went over and now has a shot at the WWF Heavyweight title. If memory serves me right, this was how my next Main Event was suppose to turn out Dark Match:Ricky Steamboat & Tito Santana over Ray Stevens & Don Muraco Andre vs. Studd (don't remember where I was in that fued) Armed Forces (Slaughter/Kerndole) over Soul Patrol for the Tag titles Superfly over Masked Superstar Bob Backlund and Larry Z draw (60 minute time limit); Bob retains the WWF title

I'm in December 83 as WWF right now. My original plan was to have Backlund lose the Title to Jimmy Snuka and then lose it to a face Hulk Hogan, but Jimmy Snuka died, so I had to change my plans. Steamboat, Youngblood, and Hogan were getting quite over as a three-man team, while Steamboat/Youngblood were feuding with the Wild Samoans over the Tag Titles. SO, naturally, I had Hogan turn heel and join up with the Wild Samoans as their "mystery partner" against Steamboat, Youngblood, and Hogan in what ended up as a handicap match; quite the swerve. Since Steamboat/Youngblood (who I call the Dragons) got so over and into the Main Event, I made my main feud the Dragons/Backlund against the Samoans/Hogan. My other main feud was Andre the Giant against Sgt. Slaughter, who were putting on A-A* matches. So, Hogan won the World Title from Backlund in June. Backlund won the KOTR in July and went on to face Hogan in a Cage match at Summerslam, which Hogan won again. At Summerslam, the Dragons won the Tag Titles from the Wild Samoans, Andre defeating Sgt. Slaughter in a Lumberjack match, and Larry Zbyszko won the IC Title from Pedro Morales, turning face in the process after a handshake, and then reforming his team with Larry Zbyszko. This was my biggest PPV so far. Since that point, Andre alligned himself with Backlund and Slaughter with Hogan, setting up a big Survivor Series match of Andre/Backlund/Steamboat/Youngblood vs. Hogan/Slaughter/Afa/Sika, which the faces won. Steamboat/Youngblood are both B+ over, and it's actually quite surprising as Jay Youngblood, for whatever reason, has gotten over more and faster than Steamboat. He's A in every region of the US, except, naturally, the Tri State and New England areas. Hogan recently caused the Dragons to lose the Titles to the Freebirds (Hayes & Gordy), which made the Samoans jealous. We're getting ready for a War Games match at the end of December, which will have some interesting build-up, with the Samoans not liking Hogan going in, as well as Backlund upset at his team for not helping him in a recent Title shot against Hogan when Slaughter interfered... the faces will take this one again, due to tension between Hogan/Slaughter and Afa/Sika. In the next couple weeks, Hogan/Slaughter will fight a loser leaves town match against Afa/Sika and win. Through January, tension will continue between Backlund and his partners. Then, at the Royal Rumble, Hogan will defend his World Title against Ricky Steamboat. Sgt. Slaughter will be kept from ringside by Andre and Jay Youngblood, and then Bob Backlund will come out and make a stunning heel turn on Ricky Steamboat, with Hogan retaining the World Title. Andre the Giant will win the Royal Rumble, leading to Andre the Giant winning the World Title from Hulk Hogan at the first ever WrestleMania. Terry Funk (heel) and Roddy Piper (face) are also involved in the main feud of my upper midcard, which is pretty much them developing new ways to attack, interesting promos, talk show segments, and attacking each others friends (Martel/Garea for Piper, the Brisco Bros. for Funk). Most of my attention is put to my Main Event. Steamboat, Youngblood, Hogan, and Andre are all B+ overness in the US.

Ran a year as WWF. McMahon is my boss, and one owner restriction was that I couldn't sign anyone from other promotions! :-) (Great challenge, by the way...no offense to the other guys here making all-star rosters (cool), but I can wait if I go National to do that. It would make it sweeter for me in this game.) 1983 Wrestler of the Year: Don Muraco, who is my main heel, a la Ric Flair. After defeating all challenges for his I-C belt (Snuka, Siva Afi, Chief Jay, Pedro Morales, etc.), he became bored with it, and refused to defend it. Linda McMahon stripped him of the title invoking the 30-day rule. Of course, Muraco wanted the WWE World Title- a newly formed Main Event championship. He won that tournament by defeating Tito Santana in the finals. Their feud created many A* matches. Don is still the champ. Since the IC-title is a mid-carder championship, I had Koko B. Ware win it. The Grand Wizard is his manager, and they have good chemistry. Koko is decent...still improving his skills. Bob Backlund has come ahead on all of his feuds, and can have a B- match with a broom. He's had A or A* matches with Ray Stevens, Don Muraco, Masked Superstar, and Superstar Billy Graham. He had feuds with, and defeated the likes of Big John Studd, Jimmy Snuka, and the Samoans. Speaking of Superstar Billy Graham, he was ranked #1 in the Top 100 list. His vicious feuds with Bruno and Bob were (are) the center of WWF. On the tag team end, the Samoans were champs for most of my first year, turning back challenges of the Soul Patrol, Invaders, Tito and Ivan, and other rag-tag teams. Ultimately, they dropped the straps to Tito and Pedro. Unfortunately, contract negotiations with Pedro fell through, so they had to job out to a previously unemployed team of Ray Candy/Leroy Brown, better known as the Zambuie Express. Comings and goings: GONE: Rocky Johnson- His tag team matches barely registered C's, and his single matches were average. Poor mics skills. Let him walk.. Pat Patterson- What a great performer. I put him with ANYONE, and he was able to consistently hit B's or (much) higher. I let him walk since he wanted to be a road agent, and I had jobbed him out so much, I passed since I can't give him a written yet. Ray Stevens: Wow...wow...wow...EXCELLENT MIC AND PERFORMER- BIG TIME B+ to A* superstar. Wish he was younger. He was getting old, and wanted to be behind the scenes. Eventually retired after I let him go. Pedro: VERY consistent, and capable of being a main-eventer (B's and higher). Unfortunately, he was asking for too much, and negotiations ended badly. Andre- His schedule with the Japanese killed his physical conditioning. They had him win a one-night tornament, and he was out for around 6+ months. I had a feud with Studd going...I did not resign him, and he's too expensive anyway. Mr. Fuji- In dark matches or battle royals at first (D ratings) before moving him to manage Muraco. I didn't think he was worth resigning. Jules Strongbow- Low ratings...I used his "brother" more, since Jay was under a written deal. Wound up getting injured for 8 months. Cut him. Charlie Fulton- Dark matches, battle royals, 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1. Not much progress. Cut. Jose Luis Rivera- See above. Invaders- WWF has a very weak tag team division, and I was hoping they'd seize the day, but they didn't. Eventually turned them, and put them in some hardcore matches against heels or faces, but they couldn't give me good ratings. Jobbed out Invader #1 pretty bad at the end (for Bruiser Brody fans). Johnny Rodz- Like Fulton and the other jobbers, I tried. He actually progressed better, but I passed when it was time to talk since he was getting up there in age and physical. Not as bad as I expected. Kernoldle- Pretty much spent his time feuding with Sgt Slaughter. He made Sgt turn face in my earth. Don had C matches no matter what. Just wasn't good enough for me since I was hoping his feud with Sgt would propel him and the overall card ratings. I may resign him if I go National, but I let him go after picking up some expensive unemployed guys. Putski- Uhm.... Buddy Rogers- I wish he was under written. S.D. Jones- jobber #1 Eddie Gilbert- I tried... Frankie Williams- Thanks. George Steele- Too much $$$ for little in return. How many times could Bob Backlund beat him? :-) Lord Alfred Hayes- Let him go, since I already had 2 announcers, and I couldn't give him a written deal. Jimmy Snuka- Drained a year out of him...he keeps missing shows, and is late, no matter how much I came down hard on him. Low stamina anyway. Had some good matches with Don and Bob. OK matches with Samoans. Not worth the trouble or $$. I know he's over, but I need guys I can rely on. ACQUISITIONS (via free-agency, since Vinnie-Mac won't let me raid other federations) Fabulous Ones (Future champs) Killer Bees (B Brian holds them back) Moondogs (Spot + Rex): Very solid brawlers Robert Gibson and...Bobby Fulton (lol): Fulton's holding them back. Zambuie Express: Not as good as expected. Adrian Street: Just got him. Had him via trade earlier on in 1983, and was most impressed with his calibur of matches. Koko Ware: Pretty decent. Probably doesn't deserve the IC belt, but I was hoping that he would improve with it, and it is working to an extent. Austin Idol: Started off a nasty feud with the King. I just wish he had more stamina.... Jerry Lawler: Instant Main Eventer. I smell some gold in the future if he plays his cards right. Nikita Koloff: Dominating jobbers or guys on their way out in dark matches for now. Rick Rude: Getting experience in dark matches since his skills are nil. Lord Humongous (BUST, let go) Jessie Barr- Dark Dave Severn (BUST, let go) Joe Savoldi (BUST, let go) Curt Henning- Undefeated in darks. Lars Anderson- Pretty solid under. Hasn't lost 1 vs 1 yet. El Halcon (BUST, let go) El Fantom (BUST, let go) Bernie Wright (BUST, let go) Barry Windham- just got him after Florida folded. MAINSTAYS (original people I extended): Sgt Slaughter- :-) :-) Big John Studd- Great Main Event heel. Bob Backlund- The Best. Has most title defenses of any champ in the game. Masked Superstar- Whew!!!!!!! A* Muraco-Great heel champ. 1983 Wrestler of the Year. Bruno-Cheap pops in the north east. Still capable of B+ or more. Superstar Billy Graham- No matter how many times he loses to Bruno and Bob, he gets himself over again with great angles and promos. Tito Santana- In the Main Event picture now. Great worker. Tony Atlas- I probably shouldn't have extended him, but this was before 3 promotions folded, and I needed someone with some overness. He's pretty bad. Afa and Sika- C to B+, A with Bob. Very solid no matter how many times they lose to the Main Eventers. Tony Garea- He can work a match, and help young guys. Salvatore B.- Always improves. I turned him against Garea. Still a jobber, probably won't resign. Samula- Young Wrestler of the Year, probably due to the number of C- matches he had. OK, I guess. Dark matches. Chief Jay Strongbow- Now a full time Roadie. Tiger Chung Lee- Jobber. Vince Jr- Announcer. Gorilla- He's great! Vince Sr- Roadie. Me- Roadie. Linda- Authority. I'm gonna let her go when it's time. Howard Finkel- Nothing much to say. Lou Albano, Grand Wizard, Fred Blassie, Arnold S.: Lifetime icons IN OTHER NEWS... Currently unemployed but won't sign with me: Brusier Brody (hates Gorilla, dislikes Vince), Abdullah (Vince won't let me, either), Gordy (I'm too small), Murdoch (too small), Pedro (still remembers), Kamala (too small) Unemployed but too raw (maybe when I go National, my roster is very full as it is now): Owen Hart, Yokozuna, Undertaker, Shane Douglas, Jushin Liger, most of the new worker file :-)

I had posted this in the DOTT Thread on the Mod forum so I will repost it here! WCCW: I've been playing with World Class Championship Wrestling and am up to January 1984 and we're at Cult level. Some interesting happenings... ** I started off really basic and just ran the Freebirds vs. Von Erichs war (which lasted for about 3 mos. until Terry Gordy quit the company) and parts 2 & 3 of Battle of the Valets with Jim Garvin and Chris Adams. Kevin and Gordy traded the American Title once and Adams is now TV champion, about to embark on a series with Great Kabuki. ** I ended my working agreement with MSW and they declared war on me. For some reason they let Ted DiBiase go so I just picked him up along with steals Mr. Wrestling II, Magnum TA (gonna do the grumpy mentor storyline), Butch Reed and Dr. Death Steve Williams. MSW was left with Jesse Ventura as NA Champ with Barry Windham chasing (and I'll probably swipe Windham from them too!! BWAHAHAHAHA) ** The Rock & Roll Express won the American Tag Titles from The Freebirds and then dropped them to the Midnight Express a few months later. They have been waging war in the territory and the storyline is about C+ to B level. Paul Ellering has recently brought in the Road Warriors and they are starting to catch on. The most recent tag acquisition is Stan Lane and Steve Keirn....the Fabulous Ones! ** Paul Orndorff is the current American Champion after defeating Kevin Von Erich. He is in a feud now with Ricky Steamboat. Jim Duggan came into the territory and has been feuding with Skandor Akbar's Devestation Inc. team of King Kong Bundy and Bill Irwin. Duggan has brought in Bruiser Brody for a few matches as his mystery tag partner (we aren't big enough for Brody to sign with). ** The Texas Title was reinstated (after initially being unified with the TV title by Jim Garvin and Iceman King Parsons) and is currently the focus of the hottest feud ever in the company.... David Von Erich turning heel on his family. This is an A storyline. It all started back around July, the Freebird feud pretty much over as Gordy dropped a Loser Leave Town match to Kevin. Kerry and David were teaming and David had been acting grumpy with all of the attention lavished on his younger brother. Kerry took a match with the Midnight Express to determine the #1 contenders to the tag titles without consulting David first. This lead to David turning on Kerry during the match and leaving him high and dry. Kevin and Kerry demanded answers for the next few weeks on TV but David refused to appear. His first appearance came when Fritz reinstated the Texas Title and booked a four person tournament. It was David vs. Kabuki and Kerry vs. Michael Hayes in the first round. David dispatched of Kabuki that first week with Kerry-Hayes happening the next week. Come TV taping time, Kerry is found in his locker room in a pool of his own blood. Stretchered out by paramedics and unable to compete, causing Hayes to move to the finals against David. David came out, all heated and cut a vicious promo on Hayes, blaming him for the attack. David demanded they have their finals match right now and went on to beat Hayes and become Texas Champion. The following week, Kerry cut a promo and claimed that two men jumped him. One was masked and the other was....before he could finish The Masked Superstar blindsided him (making his WCCW debut) and beat on him. David Von Erich ran in to make the save...but then smiled and started beating on Kerry himself as the crowd went nuts! It seems Superstar has gotten in David’s ear about how the family had cast a shadow on him and now he is out to prove that he is the greatest Von Erich. The feud has resulted in the MOTY as Kerry and Superstar fought to an A* match (the only ever in the game world to date). David successfully defended the title against Kevin and Kerry and both matches got A’s. David was #1 wrestler in the PWH Top 100 and Kerry was #2. Paul Orndorff won wrestler of the year. [I]Epilogue: Kerry beat David for the Texas Title in a steel cage match at Christmas Star Wars in an A match. That was pretty much the end of the feud as Masked Superstar bitched out David for losing on TV and now is taking matters into his own hands to get the belt from Kerry. DiBiase just debuted so I'm going to have him head p a heel faction with Williams and Superstar (and Stan Hansen who I signed but is still out for 3 months with an injury) and have them beat down Kevin Von Erich so badly that David comes to the rescue, apologizes to the fans and his family....yadda yadda :) Also, the Freebirds have just turned babyface (Hayes & Roberts) and are feuding with the Midnight Express. The Fabulous Ones are gearing up to challenge new American Tag Champions The Road Warriors. I think the Warriors will probably dominate and then go up against the super team of the Von Erichs.[/I]

[QUOTE=beatzNrhymez;233919]Playing as MACW... Nikita Koloff just entered the wrestling business, so I quickly snatched him up, and am currently giving him a Goldberg-esque push by having him in a storyline where he goes 50-0. [/QUOTE] I've always contended that if Goldberg wrestled in the 80's they would have made him a Russian! :)

[QUOTE=shipshirt;234509] David was #1 wrestler in the PWH Top 100 and Kerry was #2. Paul Orndorff won wrestler of the year.[/QUOTE] Very cool, I always try to get all the Von Erichs together and dominate with them. They are some of the strongest workers in the DOTT game world and very fun to use.

[QUOTE=DocStevens;234520]Very cool, I always try to get all the Von Erichs together and dominate with them. They are some of the strongest workers in the DOTT game world and very fun to use.[/QUOTE] I just ran a card after reading this thread (I get in wicked DOTT moods :D) and it was January Star Wars. The main event was Kerry defending the Texas Title against The Masked Superstar (A*) and the semi-main saw DiBiase defeat Kevin Von Erich when Dr. Death interfered (A*). Williams and DiBiase laid a vicious beatdown on Kevin...so much so that David Von Erich made the save and began his babyface turn back. I thought it might be my first A card ever with those two stellar main events....alas, it ranked a B+

[QUOTE=shipshirt;234878] I thought it might be my first A card ever with those two stellar main events....alas, it ranked a B+[/QUOTE] B+ is an excellent rating for DOTT especially if you are early into the game and have not had time to develop a ton of other talent. Good work!

I'm running Flakr for the Gold at the moment, heading into Starrcade. Jack Brisco retired to my dismay, but it looks like I can grooom Jerry Brisco to be just as good. Jos Leduc, Dick Slater, and Cowboy Bob Orton are really aggravating me by being late all the damn time, and Leduc was just let go because I decided not to renew his contract. I've also bought out the WWA. Harley Race is the NWA World Heavyweight Champion: the championship has been unified with the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title and the WWA Heavyweight Title. Steamboat & Youngblood are the NWA World Tag Team Champions: the championship has been unified with the Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Titles and the WWA Tag Team Titles. Wahoo McDaniel is the United States Heavyweight Champion. Doug Dunvegan (my user character) is my Mid-Atlantic Television Champion. I'm not very detailed with my diary postings, but that's mainly because I enjoy playing the game more than taking an hour per card to post really fancy detailed reports like those with a bunch of pictures that read almost like an e-fed. If I wanted to do e-wrestling reports, I'd still be running my e-fed! I digress, though. I have Bob Roop and Rick Hunter in a tag team feud against "The Comrades" Ivan Koloff and Chris Markoff. I think that covers the main points.

[QUOTE=DocStevens;234911]B+ is an excellent rating for DOTT especially if you are early into the game and have not had time to develop a ton of other talent. Good work![/QUOTE] I was actually surprised when my second PPV as the WWF rated as an A. Also, my 5th PPV, Summerslam, got an A, but that wasn't that surprising as it was the climax for a lot of storylines. Then again, I'm WWF, not WCCW. :)

Bah, here is the thread I should have posted this in, lol. [QUOTE]UWE Held Krunk last night, in ON - Fort William Gardens, and drew 5,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been pretty good; people seem to have enjoyed the show. The star of the show was Harley Race. On our message boards, the poster 'D.Boon's Ghost' said "Wow, even I'm surprised by that news!!". [/QUOTE] LOL, just thought that was funny, first time I seen his name (while playing his mod), and it was a comment on my promotion UWE (Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment). EDIT: and one comment about my game. I at one time had the Junkyard Dog at A* throughout all of the US... I noticed it a bit late to take advantage of it, or.... Maybe after I noticed it, I just wore out his welcome, I don't know, lol. He's still Main Eventer, but... It was a thrill when they were all at that level.

October of 1984... Shawn Michaels and Scott Hall just debuted. I started out playing as Head Booker of GCW. By September of '83 I'd gotten bored with them and quit to form my own promotion, WCW! I made WCW on Easy, because I still wanted a shot at stopping the WWF machine. I signed Andre and an unemployed Tiger Mask/Dynamite Kid. I intended to have Mask and Kid recreate their classic matches in the U.S. and win me match of the year. Then I noticed Dynamite had a broken neck and would be out for 13 months... Andre defended the newly formed WCW World Heavyweight Championship for 9 months, gathering prestige. Tiger Mask dueled with Jimmy Snuka in a best of seven series, producing what I believe will be the Match of the Year... He was unbelievably over by May of '84...so I decided it was time to re-write history a little more. During Clash of the Champions III--my highest attended show yet-- (I held the event in a stadium that was larger than reccomended and in my most over territory for this purpose) Tiger Mask became both the WCW World Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight champion. He reigned for the entire summer, before dropping the World title to a WWF fleeing Roddy Piper. I intend to have Piper lose the title again to Andre at Starrcade in December. Andre will go on to hold the belt until we burst into National standing, which could be a month or so after WWF does... I've yet to declare war on WWF, I think I'm about to. I've sort of resigned myself to being number two though. I'm preparing for WWF's one month of superiority by developing any talent that becomes available to me. I took pride in buying out GCW (cheated with the money...) as I'd set myself as enemies with their owner, and felt it was a personal victory in seeing them go bankrupt (even though it always happens). MACW is on its way out too, I'm going to cheat to buy them as well, more because I don't like seeing title lineages go to waste. (I fancy the NWA World Title History will look nice in big and gold...)

[QUOTE=Anubis;234920]I'm running Flakr for the Gold at the moment, heading into Starrcade. Jack Brisco retired to my dismay, but it looks like I can grooom Jerry Brisco to be just as good. Jos Leduc, Dick Slater, and Cowboy Bob Orton are really aggravating me by being late all the damn time, and Leduc was just let go because I decided not to renew his contract. I've also bought out the WWA. [/QUOTE] Did you notice any benefit of buying out the promotion? I was going to buy out Florida if I would get something for my million (other than the title lineage).

Archived