Predictions for WWE Judgment Day

Actarus

Thought this might be fun. [B]CM PUNK[/B] VS ELIJAH BURKE - I must admit, I don't really watch WWECW, so I have no clue what this storyline is. I'll just pick Punk to win, and move on. CARLITO VS [B]RIC FLAIR[/B] - I'm going to assume that this will be an extended feud, so I'll go with the Nature Boy to win this battle, but Carlito will win the war. RANDY ORTON VS [B]SHAWN MICHAELS[/B] - I'm assuming Orton is still in the doghouse, so the 'Half Bald Kid' will win this one. If they give this time, this could be match of the night. CHRIS BENOIT VS [B]MVP [/B]FOR THE U.S TITLE IN A 2/3 FALLS MATCH - I'm such a Benoit mark, that I'm saddened that I think MVP will win the U.S. title tonight. MVP gets the first fall, Benoit gets the 2nd, MVP wins. VINCE McMAHON & SHANE McMAHON & UMAGA VS [B]BOBBY LASHLEY[/B] FOR THE ECW TITLE - You know, I find it amusing that I don't watch ECW, and yet, I know everything I need to know about ths feud from simply watching Raw & Smackdown!. Sigh. Lashley gets the title back tonight. [B]JOHN CENA[/B] VS KHALI FOR THE WWE TITLE - The story by J.R. will be: "Can Cena FU Khali." (That just sounds wrong...) Cena gets the FU for the win. I just hope Khali doesn't hurt Cena or himself tonight. [B]EDGE [/B]VS BATISTA FOR THE WORLD TITLE - Edge will run circles around the plodding Batista...just kidding. Well, half kidding. I DO think Edge will retain tonight. I also predict we'll hear Michael Cole scream "NOT THIS WAY! NOT THIS WAY!" And PLEASE don't let this degenerate into 'I'm right, you're wrong' BS. :p EDIT: Oops! Forgot about the tag match, obviously! Thanks for the reminder Masterded! [B]THE HARDYS [/B]VS CADE & MURDOCH FOR THE WORLD TAG TITLES - Also agree w/ Masterded; Hardy's will win...poor Cade & Murdoch...at least they're on the PPV

CM PUNK VS[B] ELIJAH BURKE[/B] [B]CARLITO[/B] VS RIC FLAIR [B]RANDY ORTON [/B]VS SHAWN MICHAELS CHRIS BENOIT VS [B]MVP[/B] FOR THE U.S TITLE IN A 2/3 FALLS MATCH VINCE McMAHON & SHANE McMAHON & UMAGA VS [B]BOBBY LASHLEY [/B]FOR THE ECW TITLE JOHN CENA VS [B]KHALI[/B] FOR THE WWE TITLE [B]EDGE [/B]VS BATISTA FOR THE WORLD TITLE

[B]CM PUNK[/B] VS ELIJAH BURKE - I too am not much aware of what's going on in ECW, but by the looks of it CM Punk is getting more over by the show. Also, from what I have seen of ECW it looks as if they rush itno things way too fast, so I'll say they go straight to a victory for Punk without Elijah even getting a dirty win before. CARLITO VS [B]RIC FLAIR[/B] - I predict the same as Actarus. Flair will get the victory and Carlito will not let it go, leading to a rematch at whatever PPV they have next. RANDY ORTON VS [B]SHAWN MICHAELS[/B] - It's Randy Orton, lol. CHRIS BENOIT VS [B]MVP[/B] FOR THE U.S TITLE IN A 2/3 FALLS MATCH - Chris Benoit has constantly defeated MVP ever since WrestleMania, but tonight I can see being the night for MVP - especially with a good 2 out of 3 Falls to end the feud. Plus, WWE.com is reporting an knee injury (worked, of course) for Benoit so I think we'll see that come into play. [B]VINCE McMAHON & SHANE McMAHON & UMAGA[/B] VS BOBBY LASHLEY FOR THE ECW TITLE - This is Vince McMahon we're talking about! It'd be a miracle to see one of his power trips last only a month! [B]JOHN CENA[/B] VS KHALI FOR THE WWE TITLE - No explanation needed whatsoever. The words 'Khali' and 'title' automatically mean that The Great Khali will lose. [B]EDGE[/B] VS BATISTA FOR THE WORLD TITLE - If they wanted to put the World title on Batista, that just would have done so in that steel cage match. Edge wins.

[b]Matt & Jeff Hardy[/b] vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch -I would love to see Cade and Murdoch win, but I just don't see it happening. [b]CM PUNK[/b] VS ELIJAH BURKE -I flipped a coin, go CM. CARLITO VS [b]RIC FLAIR[/b] -I am guessing Flair. [b]RANDY ORTON[/b] VS SHAWN MICHAELS -Shawn is going to be gone for a while and they need Main Eventers so I am going with Orton. CHRIS BENOIT VS [b]MVP[/b] FOR THE U.S TITLE IN A 2/3 FALLS MATCH -MVP finally gets the title. [b]VINCE McMAHON & SHANE McMAHON & UMAGA[/b] VS BOBBY LASHLEY FOR THE ECW TITLE -McMahon keeps the title. I have no idea why I think that. JOHN CENA VS [b]KHALI[/b] FOR THE WWE TITLE -I am going for the shocker Khali. [b]EDGE[/b] VS BATISTA FOR THE WORLD TITLE -Edge just got the title and he will keep it.

[B]PREDICTIONS[/B] 35% of the people on here will love it 25% of the people on here will be surprised that they enjoyed it 40% of the people will be disappointed 10% won't be able to add up to 100 5% will think the Great Khali/John Cena match was s a great match 30% will be disappointed at the Orton/Michaels match because it was "a bit boring" 20% will be disgusted by the ECW Title match 60% will be "meh" by the ECW Title match 35% will really enjoy one moment above all others and come on here raving about it 70% will be adament that they are certainly right about something [I]If Khali wins...[/I] 90% will complain 20% of those will talk about a WWE boycott 5% won't care as WWE has lost all meaning 5% will think it's a good move 2% of those will hope Khali goes on a 80's style year long dominant run as champion [B]ACTUAL PREDICTIONS[/B] Hardy Boyz def Murdoch & Cade CM Punk def Elijah Burke MVP def Chris Benoit Carlito def Ric Flair Randy Orton def Shawn Michaels Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon & Umaga def Bobby Lashley John Cena def Great Khali Edge def Batista

Matt & Jeff Hardy vs. [B]Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch[/B] This whole "good sportsmanship fake turn" mini-angle has to be going someplace, and if this is going to be an extended feud (you could do worse), a tainted win here for Cade and Murdoch makes sense. [B]CM PUNK[/B] VS ELIJAH BURKE Punk seems to be getting a good push right now and I don't see them messing with his momentum at this point. CARLITO VS [B]RIC FLAIR[/B] Eventually Flair will put Carlito over, but I agree that this feud will go for a while first. [B]RANDY ORTON[/B] VS SHAWN MICHAELS If Michaels really needs shelf time, it makes no sense to have him win here. Orton may be in the doghouse, but he's practically the only one left on the heel side of the main event. CHRIS BENOIT VS [B]MVP[/B] FOR THE U.S TITLE IN A 2/3 FALLS MATCH Benoit has had a good run with the belt, but I think he drops it here, possibly to push him into the Smackdown main event as a stopgap measure. [B]VINCE McMAHON & SHANE McMAHON & UMAGA[/B] VS BOBBY LASHLEY FOR THE ECW TITLE I think they keep the ECW belt on Vince, but I will go out on a limb here and predict that the remainders of the Originals get involved and Vince retains on DQ. Given the current injury situation, I think that Lashley will get transferred to Raw or Smackdown to bolster the main event ranks there, and to clear the way for a possible CM Punk title reign. (Wild speculation on my part!) [B]JOHN CENA[/B] VS KHALI FOR THE WWE TITLE I just don't want to believe that they would actually put the belt on Khali. [B]EDGE[/B] VS BATISTA FOR THE WORLD TITLE As has been said by others, Edge only just got the belt, if he drops it now, the entire MITB storyline is wasted. If I were booking, Lashley goes to Smackdown to feud with Edge, and at an upcoming PPV Edge gets blindsided by Kennedy when he's back to 100%, causing Edge to drop the belt to Lashley, then have Lashley and Mark Henry beat the hell out of each other until the rest of the recent injuries recover.

[B]CM PUNK[/B] VS ELIJAH BURKE - This one could probably go either way, but since I'd prefer Punk to come away with the win, I'll pick him. All things considered, this one could mess around and be the best match on the card. CARLITO VS [B]RIC FLAIR[/B] - Ideally, I think Carlito should win this match, but for the advancement of the storyline, I think The Nature Boy will be going over. RANDY ORTON VS [B]SHAWN MICHAELS[/B] - It might be Sour Chin Music, what with HBK's knee being injured and all, but I still see him taking home the win. I'm sure Orton will do something to "injure HBK's knee" afterward though. CHRIS BENOIT VS [B]MVP[/B] FOR THE U.S TITLE IN A 2/3 FALLS MATCH - I'd very much like Benoit to win this one, but I think MVP will be taking home the belt tonight. It'd be neat if MVP had it secialized too, like Cena's spinny belt. There must be something cool that MVP could do to gimmickify the belt. VINCE McMAHON & SHANE McMAHON & UMAGA VS [B]BOBBY LASHLEY[/B] FOR THE ECW TITLE - I said elsewhere that I thought the best idea would be to have Lashley take out Shane and Umaga in an elimination version of this match, and then have Vince somehow sneak out of it with the title, to set up a cage match or something where Lashley'd win the gold, one on one. It's better IMHO for the titles to change hands in one on one circumstances. That's pretty much all I need to predict a Lashley win tonight, three on one. [B]THE HARDY BOYZ[/B] VS CADE AND MURDOCH - The Hardy Boyz win this one, but it might be fun to see Murdoch try another Canadian Destroyer. [B]JOHN CENA[/B] VS KHALI FOR THE WWE TITLE - I have this theory that all these injuries the WWE's endured as of late: it could be The Wrestling Gods smiting Vince and The E for putting The Great Khali into the World Title picture. OK, maybe not... but I still say Khali gets FU'ed tonight. IMO, that's the best use of Khali in this match: to make Cena look good. Cena wins, or at the very least doesn't lose the title. [B]EDGE[/B] VS BATISTA FOR THE WORLD TITLE - Edge wins, maybe with a little Mark Henry interference. Be neat to see Henry fued with Batista a while, and it'd make a Rey Mysterio vs Edge World Title Fued that much more likely, and that could be good.

[B]CM Punk[/B] defeats Elijah Burke- Good chance to put CM over on a PPV [B]The Hardy's[/B] defeat Cade/Murdock- Hardys keep it rolling tonight, this feud ends [B]Ric Flair [/B]defeats Carlito by DQ Carlito gets DQ'd and attacks during the match in some way to provide heel heat [B]MVP[/B] defeats Benoit This feud as been going on too long for MVP to not win the belt here. I'd love to see a Benoit turn coming up. Look for a new outfit out of MVP tonight [B]Lashley[/B] defeats McMahons&Umaga I think this may be a DQ vicotry as I dont see McMahon losing the title so soon [B]Randy Orton[/B] defeats HBK HBK's bad knee will give the WWE a good excuse to allow Orton to get over on him tonight [B]Edge[/B] defeats Batista Batista has last a lot of momentum since he lost the belt, if the E wanted Batista to have the belt he would have gotten it last week [B]Cena[/B] over Great Khali Another "Hulk"like perfomance as Cena takes down the Giant before his next fued with Snitsky.

[B]HARDYZ[/B] VS CADE AND MURDOCH Hardyz retain now, but only because the tag division is only made up of these two teams at the moment, WGTT aren't doing anything, nor are the Highlanders and Cryme Tyme, so there's no feesable challengers for new champs CM PUNK VS [B]ELIJAH BURKE[/B] Burke wins this for me to further push their fued, probably through help by the New Breed, or via cheating. CARLITO VS [B]RIC FLAIR[/B] I would have seen Flair putting younger talent over, however, like with the Punk/Burke match, Flair wins this one to further the fued, with Carlito being pissed he didn't win, forcing a rematch etc etc [B]RANDY ORTON[/B] VS SHAWN MICHAELS Simply because if the recent news of Michaels taking time off due to his knee injury, then they can't have HBK walk away with the win. CHRIS BENOIT VS [B]MVP[/B] FOR THE U.S TITLE IN A 2/3 FALLS MATCH It's been teased for far too long that MVp will win the title, another match with MVP chasing the title after this would just be too boring and repetitive, Benoit can be pushed into a new fued with someone in the Upper Midcard area [B]VINCE McMAHON[/B] & SHANE McMAHON & UMAGA VS BOBBY LASHLEY FOR THE ECW TITLE If reports are true, then Lashley's wining this, but i see the title staying with Vince [B]JOHN CENA[/B] VS KHALI FOR THE WWE TITLE One of the only times i'll ever want Cena to win, Cena to win because Khali just plain sucks right now, and is in no position to even be challenging for the title. [B]EDGE[/B] VS BATISTA FOR THE WORLD TITLE He won't be having the title taken from him this soon surely?

[B]HARDYZ[/B] VS CADE AND MURDOCH CM PUNK VS [B]ELIJAH BURKE[/B] [B]CARLITO[/B] VS RIC FLAIR [B]RANDY ORTON[/B] VS SHAWN MICHAELS CHRIS BENOIT VS [B]MVP[/B] FOR THE U.S TITLE IN A 2/3 FALLS MATCH [B]VINCE McMAHON & SHANE McMAHON & UMAGA[/B] VS BOBBY LASHLEY FOR THE ECW TITLE JOHN CENA VS [B]KHALI[/B] FOR THE WWE TITLE Though I will state, Khali will probably win by DQ or something... I dont think he'll be walking out with the title though [b]EDGE[/b] VS BATISTA FOR THE WORLD TITLE If they wanted Batista to have it, they wouldve let him beat Taker during the cage match..... And no way is my boy losing to the roided up peice of monkey crap!

Elijah Burke vs CM Punk was probably my favorite match of the night. MVP vs Benoit was pretty good again as well. The main event was a flop as expected, Khali actually showed a couple moves though, the ending was just not what I expected. Edge once again couldnt sell making the Batista/Edge match ending seem really bad, Batista did a spinebuster at the end of the match on Edge, Batistas knee buckles and Edge gets the roll up victory and then runs down the aisle. Nice job of selling this supposed strong finisher Edge. HBK/Orton was another match that the ending(I know about HBK's injury) just seemed awkward, tune up the band than collapse. The lower card had to try and carry the show, it was really a sad showing.I thought it was the worse PPV of the 07 w/o doubt.

Not that I've seen it, but that ending to the Edge/Batista match sounds worked, as a way of showing Edge sneaking away with a victory. If so, I think that is ridiculously harsh to blame Edge for not selling when he wasn't supposed to?! Of course I haven't seen it so don't know what actually happened.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;237619]Not that I've seen it, but that ending to the Edge/Batista match sounds worked, as a way of showing Edge sneaking away with a victory. If so, I think that is ridiculously harsh to blame Edge for not selling when he wasn't supposed to?! Of course I haven't seen it so don't know what actually happened.[/QUOTE] Exactly! That's like saying that if the ending of a match involves you being lifted for a powerbomb before the opponent's knee buckles, you should still sell it like a flawless powerbomb. Alot of the damage inflicted in a Spinebuster comes from the impact of Batista driving you into the mat as he falls forwards, so, unless I'm misinterpreting your description (I haven't seen that particular match yet) it wouldn't have caused nearly as much damage as a well-executed Spinebuster would have.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;237619]Not that I've seen it, but that ending to the Edge/Batista match sounds worked, as a way of showing Edge sneaking away with a victory. If so, I think that is ridiculously harsh to blame Edge for not selling when he wasn't supposed to?! Of course I haven't seen it so don't know what actually happened.[/QUOTE] Batista hit the spinebuster, stumbled forward AFTER the spinebuster connected, showing an injured leg. Edge grabbed him from behind and pinned him, preceded to RUN down the aisle like he hadnt even been in a match. How could you just get a Batista Spinebuster and 5 seconds later run down the aisle. I might not have made a big deal out of it but its the 2nd time in a week he couldnt sell.

Archived