What Sim Would You Like To See Next?

mjdgoldeneye

What Sim Would You Like To See Next?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What Sim Would You Like To See Next?

• Music Industry
    • Movie Industry
    • TV Industry
    • Video Game Industry
    • Restaurant Industry
    • Baseball
    • Hockey
    • Soccer
    • Other

GDS, from what I've seen, is working on an MMA and a Pro Football sim now. In the past, they have made various wrestling and sports sims. So, what would you like to see in the future? I listed some choices that I'd like to see personally, but you're free to propose your own idea.

Like I have said already a music or movie sim based on the tew engine would be great. Here are some ideas I have already listed before for a music game. They should make a music game, it would rock. If Adam made it he could set it up like TEW 07 with maybe a bit more graphics. A musicverse like Cornellverse. Make it so it can get modded. Key features You run your own label. You can also produce music and be a star yourself. Sort of like the user character set up on tew 07. You can find talent, put them in a group keep them solo etc. Try and sign stars from other companys. Make videos, albums etc. Single and Album charts from all over the world. Get your stars on tv shows. Do tours and concerts all over the world. Run a X-factor style show where you judge. Make sure you can name songs albums etc. All sorts of different music. This would make a brilliant game if it was ever made right, so would a movie version.

Video game industry, hands down. Music industry game would be too easy, I think, if it were based on reality (marketing & promotion can make ANY artist successful. Ask Mariah Carey or, for less talented types, Vanilla Ice and/or Snow). Three "genre-bending", radio friendly singles + street team + viral marketing + mainstream exposure = gold (minimum) or platinum (occasionally) or diamond (rarely). Movie or TV would be nice, but video game would be infinitely more challenging, I think. (Console or PC? single player or online or MMO? Genre? Saturation? Financing?)

For the person who posted about Hockey, there is already a good Hockey manager game out there, also there is a Hockey game coming out that you control just the players life. Music Movies Game TV All require a really good game and I would love Adam to make a game out of any of those 4. I for one have no intrest in World of Mixed Martial Arts.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;241996]Blood Bowl is effectively already out on PC as Chaos League[/QUOTE] True, true. But I prefer the management aspect of most sports games as opposed to the gaming aspect because, outside of 2 player, it gets pretty boring pretty fast IMO. So a Blood Bowl/Roller Ball-esque fictional sport sim would be interesting to me. Although I'd prefer the criminal empire thing.

I took the Movie Industry option, as I feel that one could be a blast. I love me some movies, don't you know, and it'd be fun to kind of control that little part of the world in a game. Normally, I would have taken the baseball option, but OOTP seems to be everything I could want in a baseball game, so that one could be overkill at the moment. :)

[QUOTE=NickC13573;241981]Remi, there is one. Gamebiz 2 is really fun[/QUOTE] I played both of them, but both are far too glitchy. I can't even play Game Biz 2 without it crashing (some stupid sound card error keeps screwing things up...). If they'd actually work, they'd be awesome! :)

I find Hollywood Mogul a bit boring. It would be a better game if you could run a movie studio anywhere you wanted. Start small just making straight to DVD films, Adult Films etc. Then after you make some money being able to get better writers and better actors. The game is not good enough, a proper movie game would get such a good fan base.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;242048]I played both of them, but both are far too glitchy. I can't even play Game Biz 2 without it crashing (some stupid sound card error keeps screwing things up...). If they'd actually work, they'd be awesome! :)[/QUOTE] Bingo! I thought the question was "Which type of sim would you like to see GDS do?". Gamebiz is, no offense, a buggy piece of doodoo. If I can't play for an hour without crashing, I don't see the need to even play it.

Music industry for sure. There's such a wide variety of positions you could take... band manager, A&R scout, engineer, booking agent, promoter... all sorts of stuff. And it could be pretty expansive, with some bands/artists being okay with performing music they didn't right while others want to play their songs and retain rights to it... music business is a lot bigger and more complex than people think. Besides, who wouldn't love tearing down the huge dinosaur labels via the internet revolution? Music industry. For sure.

Guest Ransik
I think the music games are far overdone, especially with Chart Wars... they're just not fun. I tried SO hard to get into that game but it's so time consuming with little to no results that's it isn't even worth the energy to try and play it. I'd like to see one good and proper movie business game... or a beter video game one that isn't Gamebiz. I personally never had a problem running Gamebiz 1 or 2 but they get repetitive WAY too quickly and the more technology advances the slower games are made.

[QUOTE=still71;242139]Other: Auto Racing. I'd love to see an Auto Racing sim where you are the owner/competition manager for racing team.[/QUOTE] Seconded. There are a few decent ones out there, but I believe GDS could make one great.

[QUOTE=Jonfun;241979]For the person who posted about Hockey, there is already a good Hockey manager game out there[/QUOTE] NHL Eastside Hockey Manager isn't being made past the current edition (2007) ... they blame poor sales due to pirating, yet many fans of the game have posted on their message boards that poor marketing in Canada (where hockey is the *only* true sport :D ) is the true culprit. Now, if GDS were to take over the hockey management sim arena (or even possibly buy the title from Sports Interactive and continue the production of the program ... it's already fully licenced by the NHL, NHLPA and other leagues ...) then we could still have an up to date hockey management sim that would be **awesome!!** I voted for hockey, but *only* because we're losing EHM, and GDS could make a game like that with relative ease ... but frankly, a music, movies or video game industry one would be great too.

Archived