I've noticed a lot in the biographies that some workers are listed with a strong work ethic. Yet, there's no work ethic stat, and there's no way from them to travel from gym to gym or dojo to dojo in the games current format. So, I was wondering if the work ethic stat was hidden, or what's the story behind it.

I dont know abt work ethic, but a "Desire" stat would definitely help. Guys like Flair would have a perfect 100 on it, so they dont retire so easy, will rough through injuries more often etc etc while on the other hand guys like Lesnar would be on the low side for obvious reasons.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;242107]I think these things are covered in the hidden "Destiny" stat, but I'm not 100% on that (because of course it's so hidden and secret)[/QUOTE] The destiny stat's also random, I think, and it seems doubtful that would be mentioned in the bio. I think it might be some combination of desire and consistancy. You can never be completely sure though. :)

[QUOTE=Day_Dreamer;242099]I dont know abt work ethic, but a "Desire" stat would definitely help. Guys like Flair would have a perfect 100 on it, so they dont retire so easy, will rough through injuries more often etc etc while on the other hand guys like Lesnar would be on the low side for obvious reasons.[/QUOTE] There was a 'desire' stat in TEW2004; it was a good idea in theory, but in '04 the execution was horrible IMO. I didn't really like the whole interface of TEW2004 (the only game Adam has ever made that I didn't like, in fact) so I didn't download past the first one or two updated versions, but I in the initial release version workers' desire would drop all the time and they'd leave the business for no apparent reason. It's definitely something that, if programmed properly, I'd like to see make a return. Actually, I'd like to see some development in how the characters act overall. Not that there are any problems now, I just think that more in-depth locker room management could add a really fun & challenging twist to the next version of TEW.

[QUOTE=falling_star;242449]There was a 'desire' stat in TEW2004; it was a good idea in theory, but in '04 the execution was horrible IMO. I didn't really like the whole interface of TEW2004 (the only game Adam has ever made that I didn't like, in fact) so I didn't download past the first one or two updated versions, but I in the initial release version workers' desire would drop all the time and they'd leave the business for no apparent reason. It's definitely something that, if programmed properly, I'd like to see make a return. Actually, I'd like to see some development in how the characters act overall. Not that there are any problems now, I just think that more in-depth locker room management could add a really fun & challenging twist to the next version of TEW.[/QUOTE] perhaps a backlash from the locker room if you f'ed over a locker room leader.. Or people with relationships sticking up for each other. Maybe this could also affect their eagerness to job to a friend. Like, hhh and HBK put each other over all the time in matches, but what's the chances of HBK putting over Shane Douglas? :P

As to the topic, I totally agree with this: [QUOTE=Wicked Intentions;242092]I think the work ethic stat could more commonly be known as Consisteny(sp?), because in my opponent a worker with a good work ethic would be always on his game....where as someone with a poor work ethic would be more prone to being off his game.[/QUOTE] Some combination of strong consistency, plus a professional attitude and no personal issues like drinking or driving says 'strong work ethic' to me.

I would expand more on the attitude/peronality area's... Maybe add something like Morality and Will. Just how willfull or how morale are they. Someone with high Will would probably be less likely to go back to what they were "Prior" (alcohalic, drug use, etc.), and thus end up having a better "work Ethic". Someone with High Morale... Well, this would eliminate certain match's for diva's, and certain things like "in a men's magazine". While on the subject of stats... I would love their to be one that definately seperates the "Looks" stat. I want one where you can say this woman is smoking HOT, although not particularly threatening looking... This way someone like Andre could have a high Look for his hugeness, and someone like Torrie could have a high look for her hotness, and they be counted differently. Most angle's seem that are around dealing with looks, seem to take the stats as How good looking they are.. However, most database's are set up to show how threatening they look for the bussiness (For example, Andre again.. Very ugly guy, but always has a high looks rating because of his size). In 2005, Andre could come out and win a bikini contest and go over with an A*... Heck, even now he can (because of his combined popularity). Definately would like either the Looks to be just Looks, and something else... maybe "Uniqueness" for giants, and other strong looking people.

Archived