World of Wrestling (WIP)

Nobody has really conquered the mountain that is a complete current day mod on Wrestling Spirit 2 yet, I made a dent in it before, but a couple of factors stopped me from completing it. But now I'm coming back for attempt number two at this, and I'm coming at it alot more prepared than last time, because I think Wrestling Spirit 2 is a great game, and a complete current day mod would show a greater number of people how good this game really is. I'm going about this different than last time. Before I imported the FORC data, but I just couldn't get a feel for it for whatever reason. This time I just imported the Cornellverse moves, minus all the signature moves, and am building things from the ground up. I started last night by deciding that a brand split for WWE would be the best way to go at this since there can only be two brands in a promotion. So I started with ECW as it is much smaller and would let me get a feel for what I am doing. After a few hours of work I am really loving how it is turning out. I have all the ECW promotional stuff set up, and I have eight wrestlers in currently. And I'm doing movesets and stats as I go along, so I can fight exhibition matches to see if everything is playing out right. So far I have eight ECW wrestlers complete, which is about half of their roster nowadays. I'll keep the updates coming as I keep going with this thing, and hopefully lady luck will be on my side this time and I can show alot of people how great this game can really be.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well things have been running very smoothly so far. I have decided to make one change though. I am still going to leave ECW as their own promotion, but I am going to make WWE with Smackdown and Raw, so it will not be a true brand split. Right now I only have four more ECW active wrestlers left to make, then their refs and personalities. I have a couple of testers I am going to send it to, then work begins on WWE.

That is what I am doing with them, giving them a working agreement with WWE. Well today went pretty good, I got some default movesets set up to make people's movesets alot quicker to make, I just have to add their signature move to their styles default moveset and bam, it's done. Right now I have two active wrestlers left to make in ECW (Thorn and Holly), then the referees (who will take like a minute each), and the divas and announcers. So as of right now everything is running beautifully, then it's onto the task that is WWE.

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;244188]That is what I am doing with them, giving them a working agreement with WWE. Well today went pretty good, I got some default movesets set up to make people's movesets alot quicker to make, I just have to add their signature move to their styles default moveset and bam, it's done. Right now I have two active wrestlers left to make in ECW (Thorn and Holly), then the referees (who will take like a minute each), and the divas and announcers. So as of right now everything is running beautifully, then it's onto the task that is WWE.[/QUOTE]I'd love to help you on the movesets, in order to make this look good and not just thrown together.

Trust me, it won't look thrown together, I have a ton of default movesets for every style imaginable, and they are just the base moves. Then for whoever I am doing I copy their base default moveset, then add all their moves that they do, including finishers. I just keeps me from having to add punches and kicks 5000 times. Each person will have a unique moveset, don't worry about that.

Well just now I finished the current active ECW roster, so I just need to put in personalities and referees which will take about half an hour, then see who gets added in the supplemental draft on Sunday and ECW will be done. So this thing is moving right along, and it's looking pretty good if I say so myself.

Yeah, it's coming along very well. I have a question for all of you though, would you like to see me start up a development dynasty? There I could post like a match of the day or something so you can all see how things are coming along, or maybe even a big ECW tournament or something.

I've now got 21 active wrestlers done, which is all of ECW roster, including the new draft picks, and the wrestlers that were drafted away from ECW. If you go over to the dynasty thread you will see I'm running an ECW tournament over there with them. So now I'll do the non active ECW people, like Extreme Expose and the announcers and such, which won't take long.

All the ECW people are now in the game, so after I polish it up a bit today I'll be able to send it out to a few people to have a look at it and make sure I didn't make any dumb mistakes, then it is onto the task that is WWE. I'll be putting Raw and Smackdown in together as you know, but I'm going to work on all the Smackdown people first, hoping breaking it down in two will make it seem like more of a marathon.

Well I'm going on vacation for a few days, don't know if I'll have internet access there, but I'm bringing my computer and plan on working on this during the ride to and from there and at the hotel room during the night. So when I come back in a couple of days ECW should be completely finished and hopefully I will have started on WWE.

I am now officially done with ECW. I sent the file to two different people and they are going to test it for me. Now I'm getting started setting all WWE's promotional stuff up, then I will get started on Smackdown's roster first, then Raw's.

Quick update, all the WWE events, titles, shows, and information are now all in the game, and I got started on the Smackdown roster by making Batista, so the next few weeks will be spent on making Smackdown's roster. I'll give you any updates on things as they come along and answer any questions that you guys have about the mod.

Yeah, definately go with Death of the Territories. It's extremely solid, and nothing feels quite as good as finally making it to New Japan with Ultimo dragon. Over 2 freakin years before I was over enough in Japan.....god did that feel awesome. Anyways, thanks again SHaynes23, the current Real World mod is pretty sub par, and an extensive version would rock. I bow to you my fellow St. Louisian. *bows to SHaynes and King Booker picture*

That's cool, that's like 4 people from St. Louis on here. But anyways, yeah DOTT is awesome, the funnest I had was with Norman Smiley, man I miss that dynasty, makes me wanna drink some Yoohoo (If you read the dynasty, you know.) But onto this mod, I have been busy the last week so I haven't touched it, but I am off work for the next 5 days so I'll have plently of time to work on it and hopefully get close to getting Smackdown done. It's hard to keep up pace with the work Woodsmeister is doing in his mod, but I'm gonna give it a go this week. PS: All hail King Bookah! Seriously though, he's a cool guy, and he's the number one contender in my RAW dyansty (Check it out, /cheap plug), so that's why the Booker avatar, it'll probably change sooner rather than later to, like to keep it fresh.

Archived