The GDS Fantasy (American) Football League Sign-Ups

mjdgoldeneye

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;268642]Wow...I know people get worried about the 'sophonore jinx' but... wow.[/QUOTE] I know... I didn't even think he was better than a 3rd rounder, but Yahoo! says differently (around where you said he'd be). Here's my team in my other league, discuss strengths and weaknesses... (We have 10 players, I had second pick, and the order "snaked" so you know...) [B][U]QB's:[/U][/B] Donovan McNabb Jon Kitna [B][U]RB's:[/U][/B] Steven Jackson Brian Westbrook Maurice Jones-Drew [B][U]WR's:[/U][/B] Terrell Owens Andre Johnson Laveranues Coles Darrell Jackson [B][U]TE's:[/U][/B] L.J. Smith Randy McMichael [B][U]K's:[/U][/B] Robbies Gould Stephen Gostkowski [B][U]DEF/ST:[/U][/B] San Diego St. Louis [B]Strengths:[/B] RB's are all strong. Kitna and McNabb can both be great. Gould = Gold! [B]Weaknesses:[/B] Johnson and Coles have same bye week, need to trade one. Kitna and McNabb can both be terrible. T.O. is T.O., hopefully wont drop as many this year...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I updated the 1st page with almost everyone's team name. If yours isn't listed, post it, as I couldn't figure it out by your Yahoo! name or by the fact that you posted it already. [B]We will draft, unless something comes up, between August 14th - 19th. It will be on a separate Dog Pound thread, and will be live. I will make sure everyone is available on the final date prior to the draft.[/B]

Quick question for those in the know: since we're doing a live draft here, do we need to bother ranking our players on Yahoo? I've done a bit of preliminary ranking in Excel and I'd rather just keep it there if possible...

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;268531]Depending on what happens, I think with 12 people, the starting rosters would be: 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 Flex WR/RB 1 K 1 TE 1 Team DEF/ST ("Special Teams" just means /Puntkick returns. Bears = Win!) and bench position for each position but the flex. With any more managers, I'll cut the flex.[/QUOTE]I just want to make sure I've got this figured out: The positions listed above will be our starters, and will all have one bench player except the flex. Which means we'll have on our roster: 2 QB 3 RB 3 WR 1 RB or WR (flex) 2 K 2 TE 2 Team DEF/ST For a total of 15 players/teams/whatevers per manager. Multiply that by the 12 managers and that totals 180 players/teams/whatevers in the league. Sound about right?

The 'bench' slots are for all positions, they're not broken out by position. You could have six kickers on your bench (that would be silly, but you could do it). The allocation you have is actually pretty good. You don't have to stand hard and fast to this over the course of the season, for example, after your first string kicker's bye week you could go without a backup kicker on your bench (say, in favor of a third QB), though that would mean if your kicker got injured you'd have to go find a replacement on the waiver wires.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;272271]The 'bench' slots are for all positions, they're not broken out by position. You could have six kickers on your bench (that would be silly, but you could do it). The allocation you have is actually pretty good. You don't have to stand hard and fast to this over the course of the season, for example, after your first string kicker's bye week you could go without a backup kicker on your bench (say, in favor of a third QB), though that would mean if your kicker got injured you'd have to go find a replacement on the waiver wires.[/QUOTE] What he said. Plus, realistically, a lot of people don't keep two defenses/ST for the entire year. Once you get past the elite units its a matter of playing match-up. One guy in my league spent the last nine weeks of last season starting whoever had the Raiders that week.

.... ok, I feel like an idiot. Had I bothered to notice the post [b]right above[/b] the one I made yesterday, I could have saved myself from asking. Oh well, there was still some good info that derived from it. Thanks PH and 'Banger!

Ok, I guess now is a good time to decide on a draft date... August 14th is when Madden 08 comes out, and I plan to get it, so I might be stuck playing that on that day, so maybe [B]Thursday, August 16th[/B]? It'll be the first day of week 2 of the preseason. We can have the draft over a few days if people aren't around, but I'd like everyone on at least when the draft starts...

Archived