The GDSFFL Draft Room/Info Booth

mjdgoldeneye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;288641]Due to fairness, I set up his rosters myself. MACHINESXE: Please pay attention in he future! You've had over a week to set up your rosters![/QUOTE]thanks brother. Completly forgot about this. [QUOTE=PeterHilton;288321]Who's the "durty upstate"? Someone might want to tell that guy he has ZERO players going.[/QUOTE]Thats my stupid ass [QUOTE=Wallbanger;288650]You're a kinder commish than I would have been. I would have sent him a pm, but if he doesn't start anyone, he deserves to be skunked. That being said, I tried to get his attention in the mafia thread too. :)[/QUOTE] Again this is my first time being involved with this, could someone let me know what i need to do and where to go to do it?

[quote=machinesxe;288653]Again this is my first time being involved with this, could someone let me know what i need to do and where to go to do it?[/quote] From the main league page (the one with the current standings and matchups), look at the top row of links and click the one that says "My Team". That will take you to your team page. Your team page has a list of all the members of your team. Offensive starters are listed first, followed by bench players. Below that are separate sections for kickers and defense/special teams. Say, for example, you want to start Amani Toomer instead of Jericho Cottchery. See the blue blocks on the left hand side of the screen? Click the blue block next to Toomer and drag it into the WR slot that Cottchery is in. Color changes will tell you if you can move the selected player into that slot. Release the mouse button over the WR slot and Toomer and Cottchery switch places. Take some time to click through some of the other links on that page, like Game Day Decision, Projected Stats, and Research to give you additional information to help you decide who to start and who to sit.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;288650]You're a kinder commish than I would have been. I would have sent him a pm, but if he doesn't start anyone, he deserves to be skunked. That being said, I tried to get his attention in the mafia thread too. :)[/QUOTE] It wasn't really for him, it was to be fair to everyone else. I didn't really look, but knowing the ratio of # of teams and # of weeks, certain people will play Mach more than others, and if he totally ignored the league, then certain people would have wins they may not have deserved. Even if he only missed 1-2 weeks, the people he faced would have an advantage. If you want to avoid making a mistake, remember to ask me anything you want to know. I'll be nice for the first two week or so, as some guys are newbies, but after that, you will be penalized... For example, idiot moves will now result in unmentioned "transaction accidents" resulting in your starting QB ending up as Mike Vick... :cool: Seriously, I will deduct points or something if I'm forced to set your rosters when you have bye that are obvious or numerous-yet-fixable byes or what have you. That way, you are hindered, but if you murder your opponent, you still have a chance to win. :D

Interesting so far... Reggie Wayne was a great player to have, and Manning too. Brees busted last night... The Indy defense was surprisingly solid. Addai was what I expected: An average #1 Fantasy Back, but not a Top 8 player really so far... I'm sure thousands of people panicked when their first pick went down in the first play. Also, how do you vote on who you think will win a game? I saw that Wallbanger and PH did so, and I see that it can be done, but from where?

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;288929]Interesting so far... [B]Reggie Wayne was a great player to have[/B], and Manning too. [B]Brees busted last night.[/B][/QUOTE]I'm well aware of both right now. For all the good Wayne did me (21 points!), Brees managed to counteract it (1 point!). So yay me.

And Peterson just got that much more valuable for you with Chester Taylor getting dinged -- he may become the main RB faster than even I suspected. That being said, neither Atlanta or the Jets have dominating defenses. We'll have to see if your guys can maintain through the season. (But I'll take a win for the Vikes! Hey outlaw, what can I offer you to get the Vikes D?)

[quote=mjdgoldeneye;289572]Steven Jackson. 1 Point. Fantasy Owners Everywhere Are Crying. I have him in another league... The Eagles need special teams, I noticed, too... :([/quote] I feel your pain, I have Jackson in another league as well. Ironically in that draft I thought I was getting a 5 pick and Yahoo rescrambled the draft order and I got a 2 pick, so I'm thinking "SWEET, I'M GETTING JACKSON!!!". Not what I'm thinking now...

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;289576]I feel your pain, I have Jackson in another league as well. Ironically in that draft I thought I was getting a 5 pick and Yahoo rescrambled the draft order and I got a 2 pick, so I'm thinking "SWEET, I'M GETTING JACKSON!!!". Not what I'm thinking now...[/QUOTE] He had a bad day, he'll get better, but still; 1 Point is sad for the second guy taken. Think Ryan Leaf! :D

[url]http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/259950/matchup?week=1&mid1=3&mid2=11[/url] Looks like you pulled out a squeaker, 84-82. My one complaint about Yahoo is that they really seem to drag when it comes to updating scores on their main site -- I have the StatTracker addon because I have it in my work league, so I know they CAN do better, but honestly should you HAVE to pay for it?

And SPEAKING of squeakers...grumble, grumble. Just goes to show that theres no such thing as a sure thing. But props to Astil for starting the optimal lineup. If I would have started Green Bay instead of Jacksonville I would have started MY optimal lineup and wouldn't have been biting my nails all the way through the SF-ARI game.

Archived