The GDSFFL Draft Room/Info Booth

mjdgoldeneye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;279479]nZane -Addai didn't get them to the Superbowl...[/QUOTE]Ok, I'm left to ask this question: do you even follow football? Addai amassed 1,400 yards and 8 TDs during the regular season (when he didn't actually start a game and split all of his carries with Rhodes), over 100 yards and a TD in the Wildcard game against KC, and 77 yards on 19 carries in the Super Bowl. Nope, no help whatsoever... :rolleyes: [QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;279479]I'll show you how it's done: [B][COLOR="Red"]RB Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia Eagles[/COLOR][/B][/quote]You know, I was really hoping I could dog you about your pick, but this is actually a decent pickup. Oh well, maybe I can make fun of your next pick...

No, they don't, I checked. I didn't change that, and I've never played where you get points for receptions. They changed some stuff this year. For example, it had Passing TD's at 4 points instead of 6. If you want to see the scoring, go look! If you want to freeze the draft and go back, we can... That makes a big difference...

Passing Yards (25 yards per point) Passing Touchdowns (6) Interceptions (-2) Rushing Yards (10 yards per point) Rushing Touchdowns (6) Reception Yards (10 yards per point) Reception Touchdowns (6) 2-Point Conversions (2) Fumbles Lost (-2) Offensive Fumble Return TD (6) Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3) Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3) Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3) Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4) Field Goals 50+ Yards (5) Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-1) Point After Attempt Made (1) Point After Attempt Missed (-1) Sack (1) Interception (2) Fumble Recovery (2) Touchdown (6) Safety (2) Block Kick (5) Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6) Points Allowed 0 points (10) Points Allowed 1-6 points (7) Points Allowed 7-13 points (4) Points Allowed 14-20 points (1) Points Allowed 21-27 points (0) Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1) Points Allowed 35+ points (-4) That's from our Yahoo League. Unless I'm blind or stupid (both of which are possible), this isn't a PPR league.

[QUOTE=nZane;279487]Ok, I'm left to ask this question: do you even follow football? Addai amassed 1,400 yards and 8 TDs during the regular season (when he didn't actually start a game and split all of his carries with Rhodes), over 100 yards and a TD in the Wildcard game against KC, and 77 yards on 19 carries in the Super Bowl. Nope, no help whatsoever... :rolleyes: [/QUOTE] I just don't think he'll do very well this year. IDK why, but we'll see...! [QUOTE=nZane;279487]You know, I was really hoping I could dog you about your pick, but this is actually a decent pickup. Oh well, maybe I can make fun of your next pick...[/QUOTE] Thanks? :D I'll make some funny ones...

[QUOTE=nZane;279487]Ok, I'm left to ask this question: do you even follow football? Addai amassed 1,400 yards and 8 TDs during the regular season (when he didn't actually start a game and split all of his carries with Rhodes), over 100 yards and a TD in the Wildcard game against KC, and 77 yards on 19 carries in the Super Bowl. Nope, no help whatsoever... :rolleyes: [/QUOTE] nZane, what you just wrote kinda makes people ask do YOU even follow football. Peter's pick got them to the Super Bowl. That is, unless you think Addai is good enough for teams to gameplan specifically to confuse him (and fail miserably, most of the time). Helping is one thing, but Addai isn't "The Franchise", just like Edge wasn't. The Colts hopes of success or failure rely on one person and he don't wear #29. That was mjd's point, I believe.

[quote=Remianen;279498]nZane, what you just wrote kinda makes people ask do YOU even follow football. Peter's pick got them to the Super Bowl. That is, unless you think Addai is good enough for teams to gameplan specifically to confuse him (and fail miserably, most of the time). Helping is one thing, but Addai isn't "The Franchise", just like Edge wasn't. The Colts hopes of success or failure rely on one person and he don't wear #29. That was mjd's point, I believe.[/quote] All that being true, Addai is going to see more touches this year, because even though Dungy prefers a two-back system, losing Domenic Rhodes limits Dungy's ability to do this. It is possible that Addai can't handle the workload of being the solo back, since he hasn't had to do it before. But I think he's more likely to have an Edgerrin James-type of season than he is to be a flop.

[QUOTE=Remianen;279511]Bushwick Hooters (HOOTIE HOOOOOOOOOO!), with the 9th pick of the draft select.... [B][COLOR="Red"]RB Travis Henry, Denver Broncos[/COLOR][/B] Yuk it up, bitches! TH in the 1-cut = 1500 & 12. ;)[/QUOTE] Oh... Nice pick, as he'll be a steal this year, but you know he got a sprained knee or something in preseason like yesterday?

[QUOTE=Remianen;279498]nZane, what you just wrote kinda makes people ask do YOU even follow football. Peter's pick got them to the Super Bowl. That is, unless you think Addai is good enough for teams to gameplan specifically to confuse him (and fail miserably, most of the time). Helping is one thing, but Addai isn't "The Franchise", just like Edge wasn't. The Colts hopes of success or failure rely on one person and he don't wear #29. That was mjd's point, I believe.[/QUOTE]MJD criticized the pick and as a Colts fan I felt obligated to defend him. Just because it is Peyton's show doesn't mean Addai won't get the numbers. Yes, Peyton is the undisputed leader. But barring injury to Addai [b]or[/b] Manning, Addai should still blossom as a fantasy back in Indy. Besides, being the "franchise" has nothing to do with being the sixth best fantasy football RB. If he can put up the numbers (which I firmly believe he can), then he warrants that spot, which was my point Oh, and I'm well aware that Peyton's comeback against the Pats led them to the Super Bowl. Just as I'm aware that the superb effort from their defense got them past the Ravens and that the running game (including Addai) helped counteract the three INTs from Peyton in the Wildcard game against KC. So yes, I do follow football. And MJD, my "do you even follow football?" comment was in jest. Just so you know...

[quote=Remianen;279511]Bushwick Hooters (HOOTIE HOOOOOOOOOO!), with the 9th pick of the draft select.... [B][COLOR=red]RB Travis Henry, Denver Broncos[/COLOR][/B] Yuk it up, bitches! TH in the 1-cut = 1500 & 12. ;)[/quote] It's not that much of a reach, to be honest. I figured he would go late first round. Denver RB's do well because visiting defenses never are able to acclimate to the high-altitude environment. Bringing in an established RB with a solid OL in that environment = big fantasy numbers.

Agreed on TH being a potential steal, but his injury could keep him out for a few weeks. X-Rays came back negative, though... My only concern about TH, aside from the injury, would be whether or not Shanahan will actually give him enough caries to make him a worthwhile pick. He definitely has the potential...

Archived