Monday Night Wars Poll  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Monday Night Wars Poll

• September 1995 (Nitro first show)
    • May 1996 (Hall & Nash join WCW)
    • Bash at the Beach 1996 (nWo is born)
    • Feb 1997 (Raw goes to 2 hours)
    • March 1997 (Raw is WAR is born)

Ok I have been putting together a Monday Night Wars mod and now I need some community help. I have put together the basic "skeleton" of the mod but it is time to start getting specific. I am torn between a couple of start dates so here are my thoughts and I am looking for suggestions on which would be best. [B]September 1995[/B] ~This is the time that Monday Night Nitro debuted. This is also the night that Lex Luger debuted after having just appeared on WWF Raw. Nitro was just a one hour show at this time. [B]May 1996[/B] ~Nitro becomes a 2 hour "prime time" show and begins to overlap WWF Raw. This is also when Scott Hall joined WCW and a time period that many experts believed the Wars actually began. Everyone knows the famous skit were Hall came out of the crowd, jumped up into the ring, and began cutting a promo. Most fans had no idea Hall actually worked for WCW and were clueless as to whether this was real or staged. A week later Nash joins Hall and The Outsiders are born. [B]Bash at the Beach 1996[/B] ~Hogan turns heel and the rest is history! [B]Feb 1997[/B] ~WWF Raw becomes a 2 Hour show with the Attitude Era starting to emerge. We also begin to see more from ECW as they start to play off a "feud" with the WWF. [B]March 1997[/B] ~Raw officially becomes Raw is War and WWF gets much edgier with their programming. [B]OTHER:[/B] ~Maybe you have a better idea so let me know what it is because maybe there is a good time period to start that I have not considered. I don't really want to start any later than this because there are already several other mods out there that pick up after the Screwjob and there is no reason to repeat a mod that has already been done. I am leaning toward starting in July 1996 which would be right before Bash at the Beach. This way users could either replay the birth of the nWo or take things in a completely different direction. Most of the "main players" for both companies would be in place and the options would be endless. The downside is that Raw is still a 1 hour show but this could be edited by the user. Also ECW is still growing at this time and could be a fun "third option". Let me know your thoughts!

I'd say at Bash At The Beach, although failing that May 96 would be fine also really. In terms of the Monday Night Wars though, BATB really began the biggest storyline in the whole period, so as long as the mod isn't set after that... you can't really go wrong.

I have had a few people ask me about the mod in terms of what am I using as a base, etc so here are a few details. I am using my 1993 mod as the base since it seems to play very well thanks to alot of testing by the community. From there I will individually add everyone who debuted between 93 and whenever we start the new mod as well as adjust everything else accordingly. I will give the voting a few more days and then start the work of getting things updated and then release a beta version. Looks like May or July is going to win out but keep voting. Keep in mind that whatever month we pick it has to start in the first of the month so if BATB wins then it will be up to the user to run Bash at the Beach although everything will be in place. And of course if May wins out then it will be up to the user to debut Hall/Nash although both will be on the roster. However I would leave Hogan as a Free Agent. Keep the input coming!

[QUOTE=DocStevens;273458]I have had a few people ask me about the mod in terms of what am I using as a base, etc so here are a few details. I am using my 1993 mod as the base since it seems to play very well thanks to alot of testing by the community. From there I will individually add everyone who debuted between 93 and whenever we start the new mod as well as adjust everything else accordingly. I will give the voting a few more days and then start the work of getting things updated and then release a beta version. Looks like May or July is going to win out but keep voting. Keep in mind that whatever month we pick it has to start in the first of the month so if BATB wins then it will be up to the user to run Bash at the Beach although everything will be in place. And of course if May wins out then it will be up to the user to debut Hall/Nash although both will be on the roster. However I would leave [B]Hogan as a Free Agent. [/B] Keep the input coming![/QUOTE] What am I missing here? He was already in WCW, or did he leave for awhile?

I voted for September 1995, the first episode of Nitro myself. That way, the player themselves would have the option of signing Hall & Nash in the first place, or having Hogan join them at the Bash At The Beach. It's always fun to rewrite history, and it might be interesting to see how the Monday Night Wars would develope if the top stars took different roads.

[QUOTE=dvdWarrior;273623]I voted for September 1995, the first episode of Nitro myself. That way, the player themselves would have the option of signing Hall & Nash in the first place, or having Hogan join them at the Bash At The Beach. It's always fun to rewrite history, and it might be interesting to see how the Monday Night Wars would develope if the top stars took different roads.[/QUOTE] That's how I feel too.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like the majority want to start late May/early June when Hall and Nash came over to WCW. So what I am going to do is start the mod June 1996 and this will give the user the entire month of June to build up to Bash at the Beach in July (assuming they are playing WCW) and then they can take Bash at the Beach in ANY direction they want. Also the WWF and ECW rosters should be very interesting at this time and are loaded with potential. I will start a new thread this weekend and sorry for the delay on this mod. I didn't have access to my home computer the last couple weeks (it has TEW on it) and so I could not do anything except post on the boards from work. The mod begins in earnest soon!!!! [B]Main thread is: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25514[/url][/B]

Archived