Your Longest Running Champion // Who beat Them?

My current CZCW game I had Donnie J drop the belt to Plague on the first show and then Plague went on to hold the belt for a year and three months. He dropped the belt to Steve Flash which coincided with his face turn by showing his respect to Flash. Plague had elevated the belt to 96.7% and in the five months Flash has held the belt it has risen to 100%. I intend on having Flash hold the belt for at least two years (less if he retires first as he's just recently dropped a grade in both toughness and athleticism but can still pull a B or B- with al of my main eventers.) Main Event Plague Stevie Grayson Steve Flash Frankie Perez Ultimate Phoenix Bulldozer Brandon Smith

Sensational Ogiwara held the 5SSW championship for nearly 3 years I think, until Thunder Hike took it away from her. :D In PGHW it was Eisaku Kunamoto, if i get the name right, who held it for about a year, until Yoshimi took over. In ROF I don't really recall, as I was struggling to keep each champion in the promotion.

I had Steven Parker hold the MAW Title for two years. He was originally going to drop it to Des Davids after a year but the latter got stolen by SWF so I ended up having Parker keep it while I built up someone else. Ultimate Phoenix ended up taking the title. I've always been a fan of the long title reigns.

[QUOTE=shipshirt;282949] I've always been a fan of the long title reigns.[/QUOTE] I am too. That way you can have an 'era' in your promotion that everyone remembers. Like ROH during The Dragon's reign, etc. Makes it memorable, unlike WWE, where the attitude era was the time when Austin and Rock were popular. (and Trips who is just, well... all the way there for years. :D )

In my ROH game, which I began a few days after the Takeshi Morishima title win in Feb 2007, I continued this on for a few days short of a year. The week before Final Battle 07 he suffered neck nerve damage and although could work through it would take over a year to recover from. I teased at Final Battle that the title would be given to Bryan Danielson again and be the first person with two reigns. But not to be as Morishima pulled out the win as I didn't want to change the belt at final battle again. Morishima was getting exhausted alot and it was brining his matches down, but I stayed persistant, but I had to change my plans. The idea was that on the last night of the sixth year anniversary, Davey Richards who was being pushed huge the last 6 months will win the belt, instead I did it on the first night. Lets hope my next title reign doesn't end like that again.

in my first tew game.... MAW, Bulldozer Brandon Smith held the MAW Championship for 3 years and 3 weeks, and had 106 successful defenses. He had a messed up spine and missed 3 months as well as another month for a leg injury, but i didn't want to have a vacancy, so i used a secondary title as my main event title during those incidents (with Alicia Strong as champion). Bulldozer carried the company from Small to Cult (and damn near National). He lost it to Mean Jean Cattley, who went on a hot streak while Bulldozer was out. Cattley only held the belt for three months before losing it to KC Murder (Green), who was my bad ass newcomer, and carried it for 9 months. I'm a big fan of medium to long title runs, as well as double digit defenses. I usually don't even think about a title change until at least a month, preferably three. I like a healthy 6 month reign if possible, especially with the main event titles.

This is exactly why I posted this... It's crazy to see how long some of you have left the title on people. I've had the title on Angry Gilmore for the last 6 months and absolutely love his character, but I'm having to force myself not to pass the title onto someone else... haha. I don't know if I could ever leave the title on one guy for 3 years! That would be crazy! But I applaud your dedication to one guy.

1) Who was your longest running champion? 2) What title did they hold and how long did they hold that title? 3) Who did they finally lose the title to? or if it's an active run... Who do you have in mind to take the title from them? 1) (TEW 07) Samoa Joe 2) TNA World Heavyweight Title for 3 years and 4 months 3) Nobody beat him yet, Probably gonna have him lose the title to Bryan Danielson at Slammaversary 2012 on the 10th year anniversary show (5th year game time)

1) Who was your longest running champion? 2) What title did they hold and how long did they hold that title? 3) Who did they finally lose the title to? or if it's an active run... Who do you have in mind to take the title from them? 1) Chavo Guerrero 2) Cruiserweight title. 8 Months & counting 3) Chavo is actually one of my most over wrestlers right now. I really don't know who I will have take the title from him. I'm actually looking at London, Kendrick, Moore, or Yang to take the title from him down the road.

1) Who was your longest running champion? 2) What title did they hold and how long did they hold that title? 3) Who did they finally lose the title to? or if it's an active run... Who do you have in mind to take the title from them? 1) TJ Wilson & Harry Smith 2) WWE Tag Team Titles 3) 18 Months (50 defences) They lost them to Booker T & Brett Albright

Archived