Your Longest Running Champion // Who beat Them?

So I was wondering: 1) Who was your longest running champion? 2) What title did they hold and how long did they hold that title? 3) Who did they finally lose the title to? or if it's an active run... Who do you have in mind to take the title from them? For me, I just started a new game with the SWF and am in the middle of june, and so far Angry Gilmore (as a face) has held the SWF World Title for that time frame successfully defending the title a total of 12 times over the last 6 months. In the end, I don't know who is going to take the title from him... I've kicked around the idea of Jack Bruce, Skull DeBones (Who Gilmore is set to face off against at the june SWF PPV), Rich Money (who I'm a big fan of in this game) & even possibly my newest acquisition a Heel Bruce the Giant! However, I'm thinking of keeping the belt on Angry possibly for the entire year . Ever since he's held the belt the prestige has gone up like 7% and he's quite possibly the most over worker in all of the world (A* in USA, A* in Canada, A in Japan, C+ in Mexico, & a B in Europe & the UK). What about you?

I had a TNA game in TEW2005 that went from 2005 or 2006 (whenever i can't remember when I started) and until the year 2011. By then my roster was crazy big, I was at Global I think with a brand split so I can use all my talent. I had Shelton Benjamin hold the belt for 2 and a half years (LOL) he was sooo over at the time and it was near the end when I think I had Rhino beat him or somethin anyway its all on my old comp and i cant be stuffed settin it up and checkin.

TEW05: Mariko Yoshida held the Pure Wrestling title for 3 years and defended it successfully 107 times before dropping it to.........Sensational Ogiwara. TEW07: In my current game running AJW, Aja Kong is holding one brand's top title and will hold it for another 8 months or so before she drops it to Mima Shimoda, who will come out of retirement to take the belt. OR, assuming she's ready/available, Cheerleader Melissa will take the title off her. Same deal with Michiko Omukai who had the other brand's title hotshotted onto her when Takako Inoue announced her intention to retire. She'll hold the belt for 6 months or so, until Ayako Hamada leaves 'young lion' territory and then Hama-chan will be champion.

In my TCW game Jack Bruce was my longest running champion holding the World Title for 6 months, making 23 defenses (it would have been more but that was pre-brand split so I had a *lot* of six man tags because I had a boat load of main eventers to use each night). He was beaten by Troy Tornado who had a 2 month transitional reign and lost the title to my name sake, who's held the title for 4 months (making 23 defenses, because only 1 of the two brands has enough main eventers to regularly do 6 man tags) and who may hold the title longer since he's at A popularity in every region of the U.S. except Mid Atlantic (were he's at B+) and a respectable B+ in the Ontario and Quebec regions of Canada. The way things are working out he'll probably lose the title to Tommy Cornell, who'll hold the title until one of: Aaron Andrews/Bulldozer Brandon Smith/Frankie Perez is ready to take the belt (all three are main eventers but all need to get more established, particularly Smith and Perez who are fresh off dominating the Tag Team division). Though you never know I could give the title to Joey Minnesota too.

My longest title holder was Doug Williams who held my NWA British Heavyweight title for just over 12 months. He won the belt on his debut against Ricky Knight with my newly re-vamped NWA: United Kingdom (I got rid of the Hammerlock name) in 1995. He made 23 defences of the belt (including defeating Cactus Jack in a Steel Cage - where he picked up his injury). No one beat him for the belt, I had to vacate it due to him having an injury that kept him out for 15 months. Robbie Brookside won a tournament for the vacant belt and subsequently went out injured too.

In a previous game, Gregory Helms was US Champ for 10 months and Cruiser for 12. He lost the CW to Christopher Daniels and the US went to William Regal in the same night, the idea was that Helms then snapped and went on a rampage elevating himself to World Title level.

After checking the mini diaries I write in microsoft word, on two occasions I had a champion last a year and a half (it's the longest I'll let any one be champion). Once in a NYCW game, American Machine held the Empire Title for that long. It got to the point where I had to have him lose in tag team matches to keep his overness down so that TCW and SWF wont steal him. He dropped the belt to Honest Frank (transitional champ) who set up Bulldozer Brandon Smith for a nice nine month reign. In a recent SWF game, I had Christian Faith have one last title reign which lasted 1 year 5 months and like 2 weeks because the he announced his retirement. I had him drop the belt o an IMMENSELY popular Puerto Rican Power who seems like nothing can stop him. He's currently 8 months with the belt and as popular as ever (the belt has 97.4 prestige and rising). I actually wan to try to see if he can hold it for 2 years.

Well, I mainly play CornellVerse but none of my games seem to last very long (2 years gametime max) In CZCW I had Donnie J drop the belt on the second defence to Plague, who then held the belt for the entire year before dropping it a year to the day to Sammy Bach (who didn't resign a written contract with DAVE, so I could get him on PPA) Also in a TCW game, Tommy Cornell held the belt for one year and a few months, but I never got back to the game. Except for Cornell, TCW has such an awful support roster barring Troy Tornado it's hard to keep them at National.

Johnny Stamboli held the World Heavyweight Championship for an entire year. He won the belt off Batista at WrestleMania 2007 and then lost it the following year at WrestleMania to John Cena (who had won the Royal Rumble and went after Stamboli). The Rock as my current WWE Heavyweight Champion is getting close though. He won the title at Unforgiven 2007 and I'm currently two months removed from that event. However, plans are for him to drop the belt to Triple H at SummerSlam the month before his year mark. Next in line is Lita, who's been the WWE Women's Champion since November 2007 (with me now in July of 2008), however she won't even get as close as Rock as she's scheduled to drop the belt to either Mickie James, Beth Phoenix or Trinity (probably Trinity) at SummerSlam.

Mean Jean Cattley held the MAW Heavyweight title from April 2008 to January 2011 in my MAW game, making 31 defences. I'm such a mark for MJC that I'd have probably given him the belt for that long even if I'd been running daily shows. Behind him was Casey Valentine, who had the Traditional title from December 2008 to April 2011. He then got lost in the shuffle after dropping the belt to Greg Keith due to the feud between Greg and his brother Matt, and was last seen jobbing to Mikey James in a poor match. C'est la vie...

1) Who was your longest running champion? 2) What title did they hold and how long did they hold that title? 3) Who did they finally lose the title to? or if it's an active run... Who do you have in mind to take the title from them? 1) (On TEW 07) Kurt Angle 2) NWA World Heavyweight for almost a year 11 months 3 weeks 3) Who beat him? Death 3a) Samoa Joe won the belt, but AJ styles won the Kurt Angle Memorial Cup.

[QUOTE=ColtCabana;282257]1) Who was your longest running champion? 2) What title did they hold and how long did they hold that title? 3) Who did they finally lose the title to? or if it's an active run... Who do you have in mind to take the title from them? 1) (On TEW 07) Kurt Angle 2) NWA World Heavyweight for almost a year 11 months 3 weeks 3) Who beat him? Death 3a) Samoa Joe won the belt, but AJ styles won the Kurt Angle Memorial Cup.[/QUOTE] When's Angle gonna get his win back? ;)

[QUOTE=The-619;282158]I had a TNA game in TEW2005 that went from 2005 or 2006 (whenever i can't remember when I started) and until the year 2011. By then my roster was crazy big, I was at Global I think with a brand split so I can use all my talent. I had Shelton Benjamin hold the belt for 2 and a half years (LOL) he was sooo over at the time and it was near the end when I think I had Rhino beat him or somethin anyway its all on my old comp and i cant be stuffed settin it up and checkin.[/QUOTE] Also in 2005 I have got a game almost a mirror of that. I started in 2005 and are now in 2011. I am TNA. I am global. My roster was too big aswell. I had a brand split. Goldberg was champ for 2 and a half years. Weird My longest reign on that game was actually (and still is) Scott Hall and Kevin Nash - New World Outsiders, Tag Team Champions for 6 Years and counting. In that time they have beaten an awful lot of tag teams. All together they have 216 Defenses. (I still play that game even if it is 2005. I wish they had a savegame converter :()

[QUOTE] My longest reign on that game was actually (and still is) Scott Hall and Kevin Nash - New World Outsiders, Tag Team Champions for 6 Years and counting. In that time they have beaten an awful lot of tag teams. All together they have 216 Defenses.[/QUOTE] Holy crap!! That's domination.

My current game just reached January 2013 last night; in the six years that I've been running this 0% popularity/0% prestige promotion, Al Coleman has held the belt 4 times, for a total of 924 days. His longest reign was 448 days (October 2009-February 2011), when he finally lost to Hugh De Aske--only to regain it one month later when De Aske got snapped up by TCW. Second place is a midcard title, currently being held by Harry Wilson (it's first holder)--he is schedule to lose the belt at my upcoming January event to K-Squared, after a reign of 316 days (just 20 days short of a year).

TWC: Tommy Cornell helded the title since 2007 untill 2012 (5 Years :O) and defended the title 200 times... but at the 201 defence the Wolf Hawkings did beat Tommy Cornell in a Ultimate Submission Match of 90 minutes :D The match rating was A* and because of that show with that match, i become Global federation and finnaly beat SWF YEAH!!!

Right now, Samoa Joe won the ROH title in my game in December of 2007, and I am about to hit June. I am planning on him having a long reign, probably a year and a couple of months. I have been having so many ideas about who should beat him, but I think I will go with either Bryan Danielson, James Gibson or Roderick Strong.

My longest champion was Bob Backlund in the DOTT mod he held the WWF World Title from August 83-September 84 Hogan Beat him for it at Madison Sqaure Garden. Now in March 94 Hogan is going into the first Wrestlemania taking on Bob Backlund in their second rematch.

I'm really rubbish at having long running champions as I get bored of having someone as the Headline so then drop it to someone else after about 2/3 months. However looking back through I've played a Year into the game and Edge has been my World Heavyweight Champion since the game began but is scheduled to lose the gold to Kane in the next few days. CM Punk was ECW Hardcore Champion (old WWF title) for 7 months before dropping the title to Rob Van Dam Lita has been Women's Champion since she returned and defeated Melina thanks to trish Stratus for about 9 months. She will be dropping the title to Cheerleader Melissa or Stephanie McMahon (storyline) in the near future.

My longest running champion so far was Owen Hart in the 1993 scenario when he defeated Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 10 and lost it back to Bret Hart at Survivor Series a year eight months after. Also Eddie Guerrero held the Intercontinental Championship for 15 months but was beaten by death:(

on TEW 05, NDP (me) was my longest running champion in my created fed. I took the belt off Chavo Guerrero (forgot to set him as the winner) and as i was the most over in the company (don't know how, i didn't really have many high profile wins) i kept putting me into high profile matches (i was doing monthly shows only) against some highly over top quality, after starting in July 2007, i got to December 2009 before i gave up on that save game, with NDP still holding the belt. On 07, i'm not quite sure to be honest, i think it would probably be Chris Jericho as ECW Champion, lasting from January 2008 to July 2008 before i took a break from the game.

Archived