Impact thoughts (9/13/07)

mystic

After reading the report over at pwinsider about the last impact, it got me thinking about the show I watched. Not a complete report, but just a few thoughts article over at pwinsider [url]http://pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=26560&p=1[/url] [B][U]Black Reign versus Shark Boy[/U][/B] Really still not interested in the Reign character and come on is he wearing a painted trash bag in the ring. Can't wait to see Dustin have some sort of mental breakdown/conflict between Reign vs. Dustin. Quick blah match. [B][U]angle vs. abyss[/U][/B] I enjoyed the match as I think they work well together, but the obvious Judas Mesias reveal really hurt the ending of the match. (and why is smoke still coming up from under the ring minutes after Mesias got out. [B][U]Judas Mesias[/U][/B] Honestly NOT impressed. sure they are going to have him take apart all of the TNA Job squad, but during his attack of Abyss I had no reaction. Also if Mesias is to be this major evil force lead by mitchell I would have expected Abyss to be in worse shape after the attack. I mean the attack Cage, Tomko, Styles and others did months ago looked much worst then what Judas did last night [B][U]Please keep the mic away from pacman[/U][/B] What in the hell is he doing giving a shout out to the titans? Good one TNA. Of course the card for B.F.G. as we know now is up as well, may make another thread and give thoughts on that later.

my thoughts.... ***Judas revealing was weak......first reaction was "undertaker rip off"......smoke from the ring was so fake looking, you could see it pouring out of the ring obviously fueled by a fan vs flowing ominiously ala undertaker...... *** how many times can abyss get owned? ***angle vs sting...... meh ***i was glad to see morgan get more involved. i wonder if he will still use the F-5 finisher like he did at the end of his WWE run.... ***this pacman angle is right up there with arquette....... ***"lethal, win the X title belt from angle, then we will have you lose immediately on impact, in doing this you will lose all credibility as champ...." im losing interest as each show passes :( my current picks: 1.Raw (still the best for drama and big names, "big game feel" but ECW is on its heels for my fav) 2.ECW (quickly rising to my fav show...love CM punk and the in ring action) 3.impact (angle was more enjoyable last year, now is becoming a joke....what happened to Joe? bad booking is what.....) 4.smackdown (just terrible lately period, Khali is a big part, no real reason to watch)

I don't get TNA, but am I to understand that: 1) Pacman isn't allowed to wrestle, AND sucks on the mic? 2) Lethal won the belt only to lose it to Joe straight away (only for him to lose it to Angle fairly quickly), then won it back from Angle, only to lose it the next day AGAIN? And that site is awful. Loaded 5 ads and no content.

Moe, your number two point is slightly off, he lost the match, but not the championship, it was a non-title match. It's good to see them actually have their champ wrestle a one-on-one match inside the X-Division for a change too. And from what I've seen of Mesias in AAA, he works that gimmick pretty good, so I'll give it some time, although I admit the debut was less than impressive, even though that running complete shot on the chair was nice.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;291353]Oh right, I thought Franchise had said "lose it", he just said "lose". All good, but still weird to have a new champ lose straight away, even if it was non-title, especially when he's a guy who needs all the credibility he can get.[/QUOTE] Well...That's Russo for you :rolleyes:

I've been watching a lot of AAA lately and I really like Mesias. I don't speak any Spanish but he really connects with the fans even as their biggest heel. Hopefully he can bring that to TNA and I hope they can use him correctly. It hasn't been loking good lately but I can always hold out hope once they go to 2 hours. Rakishi (Junior Fatu I'm glad they're using his real name) works in AAA now too I've seen him in a few promos but he's not wrestled can't wait to see him actually in the ring he's looking much less huge these days and more like a very large man with muscles thinly veiled under a layer of fat. other opinions Pacman - Sucks and Killings can't seem to help him out Joe vs Abyss - Decent match but we all knew the reveal was coming at the end and TNA just doesn't have the production quality WWE does Black Machismo vs Christopher Daniels - Enjoyed watching it Daniels needed to take the win only to lose an actual title match and become frustrated. It may seem to make Machismo look weak but Daniels needs to seem like a threat and he's already been taking other wins. As for the daniels cutting loose from the X-Division where we he go? Become anoher lackey going no where like Styles? Black REign vs Shark Boy - The match sucked except for the save by Eric Young. The fans love Young and if TNA would just play off of that he could be huge but right now it looks like they won't. All in all it was actually a better show then the last couple but it still mostly sucked. TNA needs to stop being WWE lite and go back to being TNA but that's not going to happen right now. Maybe their 2 hour slot will help them spread out their angles a little more but probably not.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;291322] 2) Lethal won the belt only to lose it to Joe straight away (only for him to lose it to Angle fairly quickly), then won it back from Angle, only to lose it the next day AGAIN? [/QUOTE] It was non-title and it was against the number 1 contender, Christopher Daniels. If you remember, Daniels gained the number 1 contendership after winning the Ultimate X match. Some people have been bitching that TNA isn't paying attention to the storyline, when they just showed it right there. They've been building up Daniels for his shot at the title, but him defeating the champion in a non-title match will make Daniels want to get the belt even more. WWE does this all time, I'm not sure why its so shocking for you to see it again. Its the same format, just a different booker is all.

[QUOTE=Travis;291537]I'm not sure why its so shocking for you to see it again. Its the same format, just a different booker is all.[/QUOTE] I think Moe was shocked because he (mistakenly) thought Lethal had dropped the title after another cup of (espresso) coffee with the belt, not because the number one contender defeated the champion in a non-title match.

I keep thinking of Kane's 1 day reign as champion whenever I think about that, lol. I really hope TNA can benefit from the 2 hour shows now. I'm not saying that they are because I'm not sure how TNA will set up their shows now. I'm definitely a mark for longer matches on TV though :D I concur with the fact that TNA needs to get rid of Russo. He might've helped the WWE once, but he's also screwed them once, and drove WCW into the ground, and once is all you can really have. I hope TNA will realize soon who exactly is leading the company.

[QUOTE=Travis;291537]It was non-title and it was against the number 1 contender, Christopher Daniels. If you remember, Daniels gained the number 1 contendership after winning the Ultimate X match. Some people have been bitching that TNA isn't paying attention to the storyline, when they just showed it right there. They've been building up Daniels for his shot at the title, but him defeating the champion in a non-title match will make Daniels want to get the belt even more. WWE does this all time, I'm not sure why its so shocking for you to see it again. Its the same format, just a different booker is all.[/QUOTE] Actually, Jay Lethal beat Daniels for that title shot, thus the reason he faced Kurt Angle at No Surrender ;)

Archived