How does a TV show help you?

I've got a local fed and I know if I get it up to regional I can get a TV show. There's no small tv network in my region though. I'm thinking of shifting my base to another region where there is, but I don't know if that will do me any good or not. Does it help you at all if your tv show is only held in the region where you're over? Also if a network is showing in several regions, do you have to be over in every single one of them to get a show on or just one? or just a few? What exactly does a TV show do for a fed besides let you show your show in areas where you're not holding shows? Since you charge less for a TV show is it worth it?

it allows you to get your overness up faster in the area the tv show is shown without having to hold events there. This also works for the wrestlers on the show, except for dark matches. Just being regional doesn't guarantee you will be able to get a show though. You need to have popularity in the areas the tv show is held,how much depends on the size of the network. It also depends on the industry and economy, and if there are any other wrestling shows on the network in question.

Actually, the real reason you want to run TV shows is to get your worker's overness up. Running internet events is a better bang for your buck since it gets you .2 in every other region in the world and taking in a higher gate is a better than a regional level tv station in terms of the promotion's overness.

[QUOTE=foolinc;298018]Actually, the real reason you want to run TV shows is to get your worker's overness up. Running internet events is a better bang for your buck since it gets you .2 in every other region in the world and taking in a higher gate is a better than a regional level tv station in terms of the promotion's overness.[/QUOTE] Yes, but the overness level from internet caps out , while the only limit on raising overness from Tv is the quality of events you put on.

[QUOTE=hulkamaniac;298112]So to clarify having a TV show moneywise gives you more sponsors? And that makes up for charging less? Also, how exactly do you hold an internet show?[/QUOTE] TV shows have nothing to do with sponsors. You make money on tv shows from the tickets sold at the event. It's not as much as you would get at a major event or a ppv, but it does compensate in getting a chance to raise popularity in every area the TV airs. Internet streaming is an option in the production button of your business area. It's advantages are getting a .1% or .2% increase in popularity worldwide for every event you hold, but it caps out and you get no money from it. It is nice for when you want to go international or global as it can save a little time.

You still get gate revenue from the event, whether it's on the Internet or TV. Events broadcast on the Internet are still Events, so they still charge the same price as other non-televised, non-house-show events. You just don't get the money that you would get if you were selling DVD's of the events. Obviously, because you're not.

I'm half asleep but think I can weigh in here. Pretty sure you can't change your base of operations. Don't quote me on that, but I'm sure I came across it when I realised that Delaware would be closer to Tri-State that New England (not great with my US Geography). TV shows don't come with Sponsorship? First I heard. My advice would be to create a local channel for your region in the editor, and import it.

Archived