Hart Foundation

The Ego

[QUOTE][B]source: PWInsider.com[/B] To update you guys on an earlier report, the word going around today is that Teddy Hart was indeed by let go by World Wrestling Entertainment. Details regarding his departure haven't come out yet though. Furthermore, due to Hart's departure from the company, it appears as though that the planned New Generation Hart Foundation angle has been scrapped as well. Seeing how he's the only person with the last name Hart, he was the main person needed for them to do the faction. As late as last week, plans were in place for Hart, Nattie Neidhart, Harry Smith and Ted DiBiase Jr. to debut in WWE next month as the new Hart Foundation. They were going to work some house shows next month, and more than likely be called up to the main roster. What with Hart's departure, it looks like it's back to the drawing board for Neidhart, Smith and DiBiase Jr. [/QUOTE] Disappointing, but not entirely surprising. Well, perhaps it is somewhat since the word around Hart's WSX days were that he appeared a reformed character. Oh well...

I loved Team Angle because it reminded me of The Varsity Club. This is a shame because a new Hart Foundation would've got me to watch SD again. The show needs some new life. Push Burchill sans Pirate Gimmick perhaps? bring up someone else from the OVW? Dunno..just the least interesitng brand IMO.

[QUOTE=masterded;299581]Screw the new Hart Foundation how about Money Inc. 2007.[/QUOTE] Now this is an idea I like. I could see it now: Ted Jr tries to revive his father's legacy by reforming Money Inc as a stable and recruits Nattie, Harry and TJ due to thier training at the Hart Dungeon. They debut on Smackdown where they try to make a splash using thier combined talent and Ted Jr's trust fund, suitably invested thanks to stock advice from Daddy of course. :D If you want to have a nod to continuity you could have Ted Jr being mentored by IRS who's keeping an eye on him as a favour to his former tag team partner. Ted Jr of course, knows IRS as Uncle Irwin.

Vince needs to bring the Stampede Bulldogs, Ted DiBiase, and Nattie Neidhart in complete a new Corportation with Orton and Umaga. Think about it: Manager: Vince McMahon (3rd Generation Promoter) Main Event: Randy Orton (3rd Generation Superstar) Upper Midcard Enforcer: Umaga (2nd Generation Superstar) Midcard Protege: Ted DiBiase Jr (3rd Generation Superstar) Tag Team: Stampede Bulldogs ----------------- Harry Smith (3rd Generation Superstar) ----------------- TJ Wilson (Doing a 3rd Generation Superstar) Women's Division: Nattie Neidhart (3rd Generation Superstar)

[QUOTE=foolinc;299650]Vince needs to bring the Stampede Bulldogs, Ted DiBiase, and Nattie Neidhart in complete a new Corportation with Orton and Umaga. Think about it: Manager: Vince McMahon (3rd Generation Promoter) Main Event: Randy Orton (3rd Generation Superstar) Upper Midcard Enforcer: Umaga (2nd Generation Superstar) Midcard Protege: Ted DiBiase Jr (3rd Generation Superstar) Tag Team: Stampede Bulldogs ----------------- Harry Smith (3rd Generation Superstar) ----------------- TJ Wilson (Doing a 3rd Generation Superstar) Women's Division: Nattie Neidhart (3rd Generation Superstar)[/QUOTE] You know, I'm of two minds here. On the one hand, I'm not sure Orton's an influence you want on the Stampede crew just coming up to the spotlight. Generic on screen, trouble maker off like he is. But on the other, I have to admit, I do like this symmetry of everyone being multi-generation. Sounds like something I'd book myself minus Orton as the lead talent.

[QUOTE=cappyboy;299699]You know, I'm of two minds here. On the one hand, I'm not sure Orton's an influence you want on the Stampede crew just coming up to the spotlight. Generic on screen, trouble maker off like he is. But on the other, I have to admit, I do like this symmetry of everyone being multi-generation. Sounds like something I'd book myself minus Orton as the lead talent.[/QUOTE] Plus in that situation it would be all about Vince, with very little focus actually ending up on the younger fellows. I mean sure they're working with Vince but so was the Spirit Squad and I think we all remember how well that turned out for them.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;299703]Plus in that situation it would be all about Vince, with very little focus actually ending up on the younger fellows. I mean sure they're working with Vince but so was the Spirit Squad and I think we all remember how well that turned out for them.[/QUOTE] They pushed the dang spirit squad down our throats... I for one hated them, and could not stay in the same room when they come on.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;299793]My point exactly pretty much, though I was referring specifically to how they were jobbed out to DX.[/QUOTE] I wish they were jobbed out to everyone, not just the two most over guys on the roster... To be honest, would have been ok with me if they got jobbed out by little Jamie Noble, all by himself. Spirit Squad just was a hard to swallow gimmick. I had to turn it off or leave the room from the very first time that irritating "Mickey! Mikey!" Etc... What the heck was that? Romper Room? There are some things that the WWE has done in the last couple of years, and to me that was right up there in my top three for sure (I honestly can't think of anything dumber, so more then likely number 1). And right now, I still can't stand to see Dykstra, because all I think about is him running around like a male cheerleader... He's one of the most irritating people I've ever seen... Mainly the way he talks (even now). "How's that feel, huh?" Shut up and wrestle, or I'm turning you off. Chris Master's I can stand better then any of that crap. I can't stand Chris Masters.

I would be with you if you complained about the way they are missusing Jimmy Yang, or that guy that had the mohawk (Can't think of his name). I pretty much can see potential there, and I even liked the other guy when he was on ECW. The Major Brother's could be a bit better booked as well. However, the Spirit Squad just plain sucked... And I wish Kenny was in OVW or just fired to be honest... Move him over to ROH or something (I don't even think they would want him, however, his name might carry enough weight for him to get the job). I don't care how good someone can wrestle if they are just annoying to watch. Khali walking is hard enough to swallow, just keep those male cheerleader's off my TV set.. What's worse, is that I could have really dug the gimmick, if the guys were halfway entertaining. I like to watch something different once in a while, but these guys were just horrible. Sorry if anyone is a big Spirit Squad fan... I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. It's just how I feel about it.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;299841]I would be with you if you complained about the way they are missusing Jimmy Yang, or that guy that had the mohawk (Can't think of his name). I pretty much can see potential there, and I even liked the other guy when he was on ECW. The Major Brother's could be a bit better booked as well. However, the Spirit Squad just plain sucked... And I wish Kenny was in OVW or just fired to be honest... Move him over to ROH or something (I don't even think they would want him, however, his name might carry enough weight for him to get the job). I don't care how good someone can wrestle if they are just annoying to watch. Khali walking is hard enough to swallow, just keep those male cheerleader's off my TV set.. What's worse, is that I could have really dug the gimmick, if the guys were halfway entertaining. I like to watch something different once in a while, but these guys were just horrible. Sorry if anyone is a big Spirit Squad fan... I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. It's just how I feel about it.[/QUOTE] I wasn't complaining about the Spirit Squad being misused, I was just using them as an example of how the Stampede boys and Ted Jr could be misused if they end up in a stable with Vince McMahon. I agree that the Spirit Squad was pretty annoying however, when one need an example for promising youngsters being scuttled by a bad gimmick, they're pretty much the best example I can think of right off the top of my head.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;299845]I wasn't complaining about the Spirit Squad being misused, I was just using them as an example of how the Stampede boys and Ted Jr could be misused if they end up in a stable with Vince McMahon. I agree that the Spirit Squad was pretty annoying however, when one need an example for promising youngsters being scuttled by a bad gimmick, they're pretty much the best example I can think of right off the top of my head.[/QUOTE] /nod. I get you now. I could have stomached them if they were brought out a bit differently I think. In fact, I think they messed up so bad that no matter what, if I know they were part of that act, I would be bias (even in a repackage that was good). So yeah, I get upset with allot of the ways the WWE brings people out, and I remember that other guys name now... Shannon Moore.. Want to know something else? I never could stand Jamie Noble before, but lately he's really grown on me. I think he's one heck of a talent, for comedy of course more then anything, but I do think I would give that guy some super push's to get him in the limelight more, then settle him back down into the cruiserweight division (or tag for that matter, but probably want him as a single's). He's never going to be a regular over midcard status, but I would push him way up to just get everyone to know who he is. His character, for a bad guy, is one of the most likeable character's (with the help of some talent, such as Shannon Moore and yes, even Hornswaggle) to me right now. I wish they would have had him talking "Way back when", but who knows, he looks to be really young, so I might get to see much more of him in storylines. Tonights Smackdown just confirmed everything I've been thinking about far as he is concerned as well. He was just golden, and he played part perfectly.

[QUOTE=Travis;299850]Just remember, nothing ever lasts in the WWE.[/QUOTE] well, the popularity of a few wrestlers does, but for the most part the WWE so abuses the fans with their horrible storylines and overdone gimmicks that its hard to keep liking some people. The Spirit Squad was a great example. I might have been able to tolerate them if they'd used them as an athletic cheerleading group who could bring that into their wrestling. Instead we got an extremely annoying loud group of puffta's who never seemed to catch on with the fans. I'm sure the same disaster would have happened with the Hart Foundation. After all, one thing that's very clear about Vince, is that he protects his family and his favorite wrestlers as much as he can. Of course, I've grown to despise HHH because he's never allowd to just lose in a 1v1 match anymore.

If it means the rest don't come up then its a shame. If it only means that they aren't Hart Foundation 2.0 then I don't see any real loss. I'd rather see them get over by being good than relying on the name and the support of bitter Hart fans. :rolleyes: I say have them debut in pink and black and then tear it off saying they aren't there to pander to nostalgia but rather to make their own legacy. :) Oh and the spirit squad reeked of "if it worked for Simon Dean its BOUND to work for another 5 guys..." even though it [I]didn't[/I] work for Simon Dean...

• 2 weeks later...
[URL="http://wrestlingnews.wrestling-radio.com/index.php?view=newsitem&hline=4159"]http://wrestlingnews.wrestling-radio.com/index.php?view=newsitem&hline=4159[/URL] Here's an interview with Teddy Hart where he speaks about getting released and all. If true its very interesting and kinda sad that he got released through no fault of his own.

Archived