Brock Lesnar signs for UFC

TheEdgeOfReason

Anderson Silva is awesome, but I still think Hendo would test him hardcore. I'd like to see a rematch with Silva and Ryo Chonan though. On the note of Brock, holy crap. Okay, first of all? To execute a guillotine choke properly, you have to get your arm around the guy's neck. I don't know if you noticed how huge Brock's neck is .. or anything like that? Ahem. Then there's the matter of keeping the hold, and if you haven't noticed something else about Brock? He's got phenomenal physical strength, and there's a very good chance he's got a granite chin, and some heavy hands to back it up. Lesnar has a very good chance of succeeding in the UFC with his build, strength, and wrestling abilities. So what if Nogueira would beat Brock now? :o Brock is still young, and he's had a total of ONE fight in MMA. It's hard to even tell how well Brock would do against Nogueira, unless you're just going to use the Bob Sapp fight as a template. Brock's debut was impressive, the solid shots he landed on Min were pretty intense - especially from the position he was in. Min wasn't exactly a push over, though Brock was supposed to fight Choi. That would have been a more interesting test for Lesnar's first fight, I think. Granted, Brock did exactly what I expected him to do, take the fight to the ground and pound out the fight. Regardless, shush with the Lesnar hate. Just wait and see, this year in MMA alone should tell you that MMA Knowledge is flawed overall.

My biggest gripe about the admittedly little I've seen in MMA... I just can't help thinking I'm watchin' a school fight when I watch them. I don't really see anything in there that gives me any example's of real martial skills.. I have not seen any PPV's though, perhaps the Bruce Lee kicks and such appear on them. Then again, perhaps the whole "Kickboxing" thing is left out to dry in this sport called MMA, and I'm just missing something. Either way, it's a blast fleshing the new game out (although just the editor so far), isn't it? EDIT: This isn't to knock the sport at all, just an opinion on someone that hasn't had the exposure that it takes to give it the proper respect, I'm sure.

[QUOTE=BlizzardVeers;302998]Anderson Silva is awesome, but I still think Hendo would test him hardcore. I'd like to see a rematch with Silva and Ryo Chonan though. On the note of Brock, holy crap. Okay, first of all? To execute a guillotine choke properly, you have to get your arm around the guy's neck. I don't know if you noticed how huge Brock's neck is .. or anything like that? Ahem. Then there's the matter of keeping the hold, and if you haven't noticed something else about Brock? He's got phenomenal physical strength, and there's a very good chance he's got a granite chin, and some heavy hands to back it up. Lesnar has a very good chance of succeeding in the UFC with his build, strength, and wrestling abilities. So what if Nogueira would beat Brock now? :o Brock is still young, and he's had a total of ONE fight in MMA. It's hard to even tell how well Brock would do against Nogueira, unless you're just going to use the Bob Sapp fight as a template. Brock's debut was impressive, the solid shots he landed on Min were pretty intense - especially from the position he was in. Min wasn't exactly a push over, though Brock was supposed to fight Choi. That would have been a more interesting test for Lesnar's first fight, I think. Granted, Brock did exactly what I expected him to do, take the fight to the ground and pound out the fight. Regardless, shush with the Lesnar hate. Just wait and see, this year in MMA alone should tell you that MMA Knowledge is flawed overall.[/QUOTE]' Alright Brock does have a thick ass neck thats real I'll give you that, I change my opinion: somebody gets him in a guillotine, he slams the hell out of them, then he eventually gets gassed and gets submitted, kind of like the Rampage/Sakuraba fight if you saw it. That is if they give him someone with some submission skills and not just another wrestler, although I do wish Randy Couture would have stuck around to fight Brock because that would have been one hell of a wrestling contest. I will give you this though, Brock with the right training could be a force, but come on man, he wouldnt even stand with Min Soo Kim! and Kim isnt known as a striker at all. And on the Anderson Silva vs Henderson thing, Henderson would win a 3-rounder in my opinion due to his wrestling ability, however a 5-rounder (which it would be) is too much time for Henderson not to get cought with a flying knee or something of the sort when he shoots in.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;303003]My biggest gripe about the admittedly little I've seen in MMA... I just can't help thinking I'm watchin' a school fight when I watch them. I don't really see anything in there that gives me any example's of real martial skills.. I have not seen any PPV's though, perhaps the Bruce Lee kicks and such appear on them. Then again, perhaps the whole "Kickboxing" thing is left out to dry in this sport called MMA, and I'm just missing something. Either way, it's a blast fleshing the new game out (although just the editor so far), isn't it? EDIT: This isn't to knock the sport at all, just an opinion on someone that hasn't had the exposure that it takes to give it the proper respect, I'm sure.[/QUOTE] So even though you don't watch that much MMA and you've never seen a PPV, you managed to have a debate about what Lesnar's future might be like and give an opinion on what you thin is wrong with the sport. In the immortal words of Brian Fantana: [B]Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while. [/B]

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;303429]Am I mistaken, or isn't it a common practise to give new debuts in the UFC relatively easy fights thier first time out?[/QUOTE] Granted, but I dont like it because after Lesnar wins everybody will be saying that he's the best thing since sliced bread, hopefully Brad Imes can play spoiler.

[QUOTE=Dustin;303438]Granted, but I dont like it because after Lesnar wins everybody will be saying that he's the best thing since sliced bread, hopefully Brad Imes can play spoiler.[/QUOTE] I doubt it. Lesnar will get a chance to strut his stuff and people will say he's impressive, because he is but I don't think he'll make -that- big an impression in his first fight.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;303003]My biggest gripe about the admittedly little I've seen in MMA... I just can't help thinking I'm watchin' a school fight when I watch them. I don't really see anything in there that gives me any example's of real martial skills.. I have not seen any PPV's though, perhaps the Bruce Lee kicks and such appear on them. Then again, perhaps the whole "Kickboxing" thing is left out to dry in this sport called MMA, and I'm just missing something. Either way, it's a blast fleshing the new game out (although just the editor so far), isn't it? EDIT: This isn't to knock the sport at all, just an opinion on someone that hasn't had the exposure that it takes to give it the proper respect, I'm sure.[/QUOTE] ... Kicking: Lyoto Machida, Mirko "Cro Cop", Cheick Kongo, Cung Le, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Punching: Igor Vovchanchyn, Aleksander Emelianenko, Wanderlei Silva, Chuck Liddell Sambo: Volk Han, Fedor Emelianenko Jiu-Jitsu: Antonio Rodrigio Nogueira, Fabricio Werdum, Frank Mir Judo: Hidehiko Yoshida, Karo Parysian, Pawel Nastula I've left out Anderson Silva, Takanori Gomi, Luis Azeredo. I still prefer a ring over the cage. :\

[QUOTE=BlizzardVeers;303492]... Kicking: Lyoto Machida, Mirko "Cro Cop", Cheick Kongo, Cung Le, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Punching: Igor Vovchanchyn, Aleksander Emelianenko, Wanderlei Silva, Chuck Liddell Sambo: Volk Han, Fedor Emelianenko Jiu-Jitsu: Antonio Rodrigio Nogueira, Fabricio Werdum, Frank Mir Judo: Hidehiko Yoshida, Karo Parysian, Pawel Nastula I've left out Anderson Silva, Takanori Gomi, Luis Azeredo. I still prefer a ring over the cage. :\[/QUOTE] I'm ok either way though I must admit I will miss the pomp and circumstance associated with Pride. I have a few of thier DVDs and they managed to make almost every card seem like a big event wether it was or not, plus Bas Rutten was simply wonderful on commentary.

Archived