Brock Lesnar signs for UFC

TheEdgeOfReason

[QUOTE=Capelli King;302547]Well it will be interesting if he really does have fighting skills beyond wrestling of course. Would be good to see a new picture in the HW division. With Couture leaving , Fodor not coming, there is a bit of a void in the UFC heavyweight[/QUOTE] Brocks legit, far as his skills outside of professional wrestling goes. I wouldn't mind seeing Lashley get into this at some point too.

Brock actually signed about a month or two ago it just was not announced as they usually save their announcements for PPV's and what not. As far as his fighting goes, he impressed me at K-1 Dynamite. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to see from him but the little I did see was impressive. The UFC will give him a light opponent first to ease him in which is a good idea. It'll be in late 08 until we see him truely tested most likely.

I think I would rather see him in wrestling then Ultimate fighting but they should put his first match on free television, on one of them spike TV specials. Maybe right after wrestling, I know that the UFC is more popular then TNA but who knows maybe it can draw a few new customers. I hope Brock does well and weill look to see him in the octagon.

[QUOTE=Dustin;302899]I call it now, Brock Lesnar comes into his UFC debut and shoots for a double leg, his opponent catches him with a guillotine choke and its over at 27 seconds of round one.[/QUOTE] If you have seen Brock in his first fight... not happening. When he first signed with K-1 he spent some exclusive time with Royce Gracie training BJJ. Now he trains with Sean Sherk and others, he knows his stuff so I wouldn't expect him to be choked by a guillotine anytime soon. Not to mention he has very little neck to grab on to.

[QUOTE=Dustin;302899]I call it now, Brock Lesnar comes into his UFC debut and shoots for a double leg, his opponent catches him with a guillotine choke and its over at 27 seconds of round one.[/QUOTE] Now you're just someone doubting someone that's going into something new. But that's wrong, cuz it's not new to him really. He's been in it a while and he's good. Everyone's a beginner at some point. I personally think he's past being a beginner, especially since he's been in amateur wrestling for 18 years and has been training for MMA for 2 years.

[QUOTE=Dustin;302945]Dudes, his first fight was against Min Soo Kim, if you hadn't noticed, Kim is a glorified can. Not to mention Matt Hughes was submitting Brock at will in training, imagine what someone like Nogueira could do to him.[/QUOTE] Matt Hughes is one the best. He's gonna have to work his way up. Everyone's a starter at some point. If Brock wasn't a capable fighter, Dana would not have signed him. Simple as that. And people will say to that, "Yes, he would have, cuz Brock's marketable cuz of his time in WWE." To that, I say no. Dana White would not sign a non-capable fighter. Dana knows what he's getting with Brock.

[QUOTE=Dustin;302945]Dudes, his first fight was against Min Soo Kim, if you hadn't noticed, Kim is a glorified can. Not to mention Matt Hughes was submitting Brock at will in training, imagine what someone like Nogueira could do to him.[/QUOTE] Not that I can tell the future, but you have to realise that training, and in the ring are two different things. This might have been training on how to get out of these submissions, rather then how not to get caught in them. It's one thing to let someone get you in a hold, and try to get out... Quite a bit different when your not willing to let them. I haven't seen the training though, so I don't know if that's the case or not. Either way, training is training, not fighting. This is where you want to make your mistakes, get rid of them before your in the ring/cage/whatever they are going to use.

[QUOTE=wolfwwe;302948]Matt Hughes is one the best. He's gonna have to work his way up. Everyone's a starter at some point. If Brock wasn't a capable fighter, Dana would not have signed him. Simple as that. And people will say to that, "Yes, he would have, cuz Brock's marketable cuz of his time in WWE." To that, I say no. Dana White would not sign a non-capable fighter. Dana knows what he's getting with Brock.[/QUOTE] Matt Hughes is one of the best, but Nogueira is second only to Fedor, plus he's a hell of a lot bigger than Hughes. Dana signed Brock because he's gonna draw, there's no way he knows what he's getting because Brock has only fought once, against a can.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;302949]Not that I can tell the future, but you have to realise that training, and in the ring are two different things. This might have been training on how to get out of these submissions, rather then how not to get caught in them. It's one thing to let someone get you in a hold, and try to get out... Quite a bit different when your not willing to let them. I haven't seen the training though, so I don't know if that's the case or not. Either way, training is training, not fighting. This is where you want to make your mistakes, get rid of them before your in the ring/cage/whatever they are going to use.[/QUOTE] The training was straight grappling, Brock didn't let Hughes put the holds on, Hughes cought him in them, and Hughes isnt even a Jiu Jitsu black belt, Nogueira is. Point is, Nogueira is about to win the World Heavyweight Title and hold it until Fedor finally comes in.

[QUOTE=Dustin;302957]The training was straight grappling, Brock didn't let Hughes put the holds on, Hughes cought him in them, and Hughes isnt even a Jiu Jitsu black belt, Nogueira is. Point is, Nogueira is about to win the World Heavyweight Title and hold it until Fedor finally comes in.[/QUOTE] Umm... I don't think anyone was saying he would come in and eliminate people like Fedor or Nogueira? Is he supposed to or set to fight one of them anytime soon? You made a random post about Brock going in against his first opponant, and getting beat in 27 seconds flat. I didn't know his first match was going to be against Nogueira? You see what I'm getting at? What your talking about, and what everyone has said, are incredibly different things. Brocks first fight opponant shouldn't be at that level should they?

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;302965]Umm... I don't think anyone was saying he would come in and eliminate people like Fedor or Nogueira? Is he supposed to or set to fight one of them anytime soon? You made a random post about Brock going in against his first opponant, and getting beat in 27 seconds flat. I didn't know his first match was going to be against Nogueira? You see what I'm getting at? What your talking about, and what everyone has said, are incredibly different things. Brocks first fight opponant shouldn't be at that level should they?[/QUOTE] Well, I recall Brock saying after his first fight that he wanted to get some titles on the line, somewhere else I saw that he only wanted to have 2-3 more fights. I dont think he's gonna be getting any title shots if he doesnt fight the best, do you?

[QUOTE=Dustin;302966]Well, I recall Brock saying after his first fight that he wanted to get some titles on the line, somewhere else I saw that he only wanted to have 2-3 more fights. I dont think he's gonna be getting any title shots if he doesnt fight the best, do you?[/QUOTE] Would they sign a 2 or 3 fight deal though? I know he wants some title's, but I'd bet there are other title's he could go for first aren't their? If, however, he is signed to a three fight contract, and he doesn't have other title's he could go after, then I guess.... That I will fade back away from this discussion. However, if he's signed for a period of time, or more match's, I think I have a valid point here.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;302972]Would they sign a 2 or 3 fight deal though? I know he wants some title's, but I'd bet there are other title's he could go for first aren't their? If, however, he is signed to a three fight contract, and he doesn't have other title's he could go after, then I guess.... That I will fade back away from this discussion. However, if he's signed for a period of time, or more match's, I think I have a valid point here.[/QUOTE] There's only one title in the UFC heavyweight division.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;302645]Brock actually signed about a month or two ago it just was not announced as they usually save their announcements for PPV's and what not. As far as his fighting goes, he impressed me at K-1 Dynamite. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to see from him but the little I did see was impressive. The UFC will give him a light opponent first to ease him in which is a good idea. It'll be in late 08 until we see him truely tested most likely.[/QUOTE] See, I'm going by this post here, which ACCBiggz seems to know something of how he is to be used at first. When you posted his first match loss thing, then later was talking about a championship match (or a top dog for sure), you see the confusion far as this thread is going? It was said in above post he wouldn't be really tested untill late 2008, which I take to be about a year away. Lot's of training to get done in between. I don't think your being fair at all Dustin.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;302977]See, I'm going by this post here, which ACCBiggz seems to know something of how he is to be used at first. When you posted his first match loss thing, then later was talking about a championship match (or a top dog for sure), you see the confusion far as this thread is going? It was said in above post he wouldn't be really tested untill late 2008, which I take to be about a year away. Lot's of training to get done in between. I don't think your being fair at all Dustin.[/QUOTE] I'm being fair man, that guy that said he wouldn't be tested until late 2008 was just giving his [I]opinion[/I]. If Brock only wants 2-3 fights but also wants to win the championship, I'd say he'd have to start fighting the best right away.

[QUOTE=Dustin;302979]I'm being fair man, that guy that said he wouldn't be tested until late 2008 was just giving his [I]opinion[/I]. If Brock only wants 2-3 fights but also wants to win the championship, I'd say he'd have to start fighting the best right away.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] “If you want to go with the NFL of the fighting game, it’s the UFC, and it was an easy choice for me,” said Lesnar. “Obviously I don’t think I’m ready for a title shot right away, but I will be there, and I’m not gonna turn down any opponent because I’m here to prove myself. I’m not here to pick and choose my fights. I’ll fight whomever they want. I don’t make the fights; that’s not my job. I’ve got one job to do and that’s to fight.”[/QUOTE] According to his own statements, your not really telling me facts, but fiction. After his fight against that other guy, he wanted a title fight, but he wasn't talking UFC at that point. YOU Know this. So I still say your not being fair, the above statements from Lesnar himself claim different then your claims, so with that, I win this debate. So there you have it, djthefunkchris 1 - 0, Dustin 0 - 1!! Lol, Just added that to keep in the spirit of MMA. For what it's worth, I was never a Lesnar fan, so I'm not just trying to give you a hard time here.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;302982]According to his own statements, your not really telling me facts, but fiction. After his fight against that other guy, he wanted a title fight, but he wasn't talking UFC at that point. YOU Know this. So I still say your not being fair, the above statements from Lesnar himself claim different then your claims, so with that, I win this debate. So there you have it, djthefunkchris 1 - 0, Dustin 0 - 1!! Lol, Just added that to keep in the spirit of MMA. For what it's worth, I was never a Lesnar fan, so I'm not just trying to give you a hard time here.[/QUOTE] I do stand corrected, but I wasnt feeding you BS, I guess the trainer was feeding people BS. From Lesnar's trainer: [QUOTE]Brock only wants to do two or three more fights.[/QUOTE] Now: [QUOTE]Dana White said Brock Lesnar signed a two-year contract, which could mean anywhere from four to six fights and they are looking at his debut on 2/2.[/QUOTE]

Archived