CornellVerse Fantasy League

This a little idea I came up with and hope it works. And despite my previous attempts at dynasties... this one will last! Trust me. • Each player selects 10 superstars in the fantasy draft. Anyone who is an active wrestler may be selected. The draft selection will be selected at random using a random number generator. • Trades are allowed at any point during the year (season). • If you are unhappy with a selection, you can release that wrestler and pick up a new wrestler, including new wrestlers. • If a wrestler retires, the player is allowed to choose a replacement. • A player earns 5 points if a wrestler wins a match on a television show. • A player earns 4 points if a wrestler wins a match on an event. • A player earns 6 points if a wrestler wins a match on PPV. • A player loses 2 point if a wrestler loses a match on a television show. • A player loses 1 point if a wrestler loses a match on an event. • A player loses 3 points if a wrestler loses a match on PPV. • A player gains 2 points if a wrestler draws a match on television. • A player gains 1 point if a wrestler draws a match on an event. • A player gains 3 points if a wrestler draws a match on PPV. • A player will receive 1 bonus point for being involved in an A match and 2 bonus points for being involved in an A* match. • Title wins can earn your superstar points. 10 points are earned for a main event title, 8 for a midcard, and 6 for a low level title. Tournament wins always earn the winner 8 points. • Title defenses are also point earners. 5 for a main event title, 4 for a midcard, 3 for lower level and 4 bonus points for winning a tournament two years in a row. • Year-end (also season end) awards also hand out bonus points. 20 points are given to the Wrestler of the Year, 10 are given to the Young, Female, and Veteran Wrestlers of the Year. 20 points are given to the competitor involved in the Match of the Year! • [B]EDIT:[/B] I totally forgot. What do you get for winning? At the end of each season, every player who continues to play into the next season will get one locked superstar. Everyone else, will be randomly selected and could potentially become a free agent. However, if you win the previous season, not only do you get to lock two superstars, but you get to choose one superstar to come to your team from any other team, including locked superstars. • [B]EDIT:[/B] You must stick with the wrestler you've drafted until the end of the month. At the end of each month, the releases will be final. Trades can occur at anytime. PM me for any transaction you wish to make. • The results will be written as week-long recaps of what’s happened and then point totals will be added up at the end, showing the current standings. The first 10 people to sign up will then be involved in the draft, which will be scheduled at a different date. If more interest arises, I may open up the slots to more people, or I may wait until the 2008 season! Nothing has been changed from the original Default data.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][U]2007 ROSTERS[/U][/B] [B]Midnightnick[/B] Hiroyasu Gakusha Rick Law Blood Raven KOKI Ishibashi Joey Beauchamp Marc DuBois Joe Sexy [B]The B-Team (derek_b)[/B] The Incredible Koyama Takayuki 2000 Daniel Black Francis Awesome Thunder Sensational Ogiwara PRIDE Koiso Kozue Kawashima [B]shipshirt[/B] Human Arsenal Jack Giedroyc Shawn Gonzalez Pablo Rodriguez Steven Parker Mario Heroic Joey Minnesota [B]theunholyicon[/B] Yoshimi Mushashibo Eisaku Kunomasu Hell Monkey Buddy Garner Emerald Angel Pistol Pete Hall DJ Reason [B]steev42[/B] Dan Stone Jr. Nobuatsu Tatsuko Mito Miwa Shuji Inukai R.K. Hayes Kinnoji Horri Toshiharu Hyobanshi [B]ReapeR[/B] Acid Duane Stone Shooter Sean Deeley Bryan Holmes Fox Mask Plague Mean Jean Cattely [B]Monkeypox[/B] Dark Angel Jungle Jack Angry Gilmore Rocky Golden Champange Lover Akima Brave Washei Heat [B]mad5226[/B] Sean McFly Steve Frehley Hooded Kudo Jack Bruce Dread Jeff Nova Tasuku Iesada [B]Homicidal J[/B] Jeremy Stone Bryan Vessey Eisaku Hoshino Hiroaki Nakasawa Remo Johnny Bloodstone Elemental II [B]FeulFan0102[/B] Eddie Peak Joss Thompson Crusher Ichihara Jonathon Faust T-Rex Bairei Yasujiro Nicolas Lopez [B]chris caulfield[/B] Bruce The Giant Brent Hill Valiant Zimmy Bumfhole Sensational Dragon Thunder Hike Texas Pete [B]Elite Uprizing (machinesxe)[/B] Tommy Cornell Wolf Hawkins Darryl Devine Joey Poison Steve Flash Tim Westybrook Kansuke Konda [B]GuyInTheCorner[/B] Christian Faith Runaway Train Troy Tornado Eric Tyler Ricky Dale Johnson Big Cat Brandon Liberty [B]Nightshadeex[/B] Marat Khoklov Rich Money Alex DeColt Jack DeColt Shane Nelson Steve DeColt Chance Fortune

Sorry FuelFan0102, you'll have to wait until next season. The draft order has been selected and in less than 12 hours, a preview show will air (think Sports Center) with various guests and your host, SWF's Duane Fry. The various guests will discuss the upcoming draft and the potential possibilities along with their strategies about how to choose superstars. The draft order will also be announced. You don't want to miss it.

[CENTER][B]WRESTLE CENTER LIVE![/B][/CENTER] After some catchy theme music and a rousing introduction for Duane Fry, the SWF announcer welcomes us to the show and introduces the guests. [B]Duane Fry:[/B] Welcome, one and all to Wrestle Center Live! and tonight, for those lucky viewers who turned in are in for a treat. Fast approaching is 2007 and along with that comes the debut of the CornellVerse Fantasy League. With fifteen players, all with ten selections, the draft looks to be a interesting event. To help out these players, we’ve brought in four faces from pro wrestling who are here to simply suggest strategies and comment on how they’d play the game. We’ll start first with the beautiful, retired diva… Farrah Hesketh! Up next, the highly controversial, the man of the hour, “Perfect” Pat Deacon! Indy announcer and the former voice of Xtreme Danger Wrestling, Mr. Lee Bambino. And finally, rounding out our guests is the most famous wrestler of our time. With nine World title reigns to his name, this is the iconic Sam Strong! Let’s get straight into business, folks. A real simple question, who would you choose as your number one draft pick. [B]Pat Deacon: [/B]It’s real simple, Duane. You take the man who’s at the very top. Some would argue that Runaway Train, being the champion of the most successful company at the moment, but I’d go with Christian Faith. He’s a solid worker who’s capable of having a good match with anyone and quite frankly he’s not leaving anytime soon. [B]Duane:[/B] Farrah? [B]Farrah Hesketh: [/B]Christian would be a solid choice, but I’ve been in numerous promotions lately, including some north of the border, if you know what I mean. Anyone of the main eventers of NOTBPW is a huge pick. Sean McFly, R.K. Hayes, any of the Stones. It’s your call, but I suggest one of those talented individuals up north. [B]Duane: [/B]Interesting thoughts. Lee, who’s your pick? [B]Lee Bambino: [/B]Despite my thirst for extreme action, I’ve been catching a lot of Japan action recently. I watched Burning Hammer’s last tour and I was thoroughly impressed with a man by the name of The Awesome Kiyara. This guys an amazing Super Junior who has a lot left in the tank. [B]Pat: [/B]Ah, but the question arises. Do you take a Japanese star who’ll end up being out of the ring for half the year while his company isn’t touring? [B]Duane: [/B]We’ll get to that a little bit later. But, first, silent Sam Strong, thoughts? [B]Sam Strong: [/B]I can guarantee you, you’ll see the big two (SWF, TCW) stars go first. Tommy Cornell, Troy Tornado, Christian Faith, Steve Frehley, Jack Bruce, all gone within the first few rounds. And to be honest, it’s wise. They get the most television time and they’re huge stars who’ll get their fair share of wins. I’m really on the fence however. If you can grab a star who’s sure to win match after match in their promotion and eventually hold onto and defend their title, is it worth it to risk a draft pick on that superstar. [B]Duane: [/B]Good thoughts guys. Sam, since we never got an answer from you, can you give me a prediction as to who’ll be taken first? [B]Sam: [/B]It’s anyone’s guess. But I’ll go with the obvious answer… me. Haha. But seriously, I’d have to go with Tommy Cornell. Not only will be on TV to regularly defend his title, but he owns the company. I bet he has a nice long ride as champion. And not that that’s a bad thing. If I was still competing, you can guarantee that I’d be champion of USPW right now. [B]Duane: [/B]Interesting theory. Next question and this is directed at you Farrah. Do you believe any female competitors will be chosen? [B]Farrah: [/B]I’d hope so. Someone could grab some easy points by picking some of the best female wrestlers in the world from AAA, 5SSW and, well… BSC. [B]Duane:[/B] Lee, we know you’re a big hardcore bloodshed fan but how far into the draft do you predict the stars of DAVE to go? [B]Lee:[/B] First round, no doubt. Some fans might not take their wrestling seriously but this is a game all about points. Their TV show is sure to pick up some extra points for stars like Eddie Peak, Eric Tyler, Jack Giedroyc and Chris Caulfield! A DAVE pick is a good pick. [B]Deacon:[/B] For sure. This isn’t about who’s the best wrestler around, it’s about who’s going to win the most matches. Plain and simple. [B]Lee: [/B]Thanks, Pat. [B]Deacon:[/B] Shut up. I still don’t like you. [B]Duane:[/B] Alrighty then. It’s the time most of you have been waiting for, the draft order! But first, let me go over some rules. In 12 hours, the draft will begin with the first player making their selection. They will have 12 hours to make their selection. If they do no select, it means the next player can go and they have 12 hours to choose, etc. If a player misses their draft, they can draft anyone at any time. There are no penalties for missing your draft, other than that you cannot select someone who’s been drafted since you’ve missed your turn. For example, Player A misses their turn and Player B then drafts Wrestler X, Player A can no longer draft Wrestler X, no matter how much they might want to. Understood? Well then, here it is… 1) steev42 2) theunholyicon 3) machinesxe 4) Monkeypox 5) mad5226 6) chris caulfield 7) Midnightnick 8) Nightshadeex 9) derek_b 10) Homicidal J 11) shipshirt 12) ReapeR 13) GuyInTheCorner 14) FuelFan0102 15) Astil [B]Duane: [/B]Keep in mind that that was completely random. Now, final words from our guests. [B]Farrah:[/B] Keep an eye out for the Canadians; they can only earn you extra points. As well, I suggest staying away from no names. [B]Lee: [/B]Just like Farrah said, look around in different countries. Don’t just focus on America and Canada. There are plenty of stars in smaller promotions who are going to go on large win streaks and title reigns. Think outside the box. And don’t forget about being extreme! [B]Pat:[/B] Go for the top. Don’t wait for a star to be made, let the pre-made stars do the work for you. And think ahead, if a wrestler’s planning on retiring, think about dropping him and picking up a new worker before they’re gone. [B]Sam: [/B]Go with your gut and don’t get down because someone took the name you took. There are plenty of other fish in the sea, as they say. Just take a look at USPW! [B]Duane: [/B]There you have it. Go on, start drafting. This one’s sure to be a barn-stormer!

There will be no flaking out of any kind in this dynasty. Also, 11 hours until steev42 can make his selection. I might not be on until a little later tomorrow, so I'm just letting you guys know when you can start. As soon as one player makes their draft choice, the next person has 12 hours.

Hmmm... I'd rethink the draft format a bit, if only because... letsee... we have to get through 150 selections, and we only have 2 picks a day as of now. That means we'll finish sometime next year. Literally. Maybe it would be better if we each PM'd you our top 25 picks and you take them in priority order? It'd certainly allow us to get to the fun part that much quicker.

Hmm... excellent idea. Format changed. Haha. Send me your top 25 choices, as Monkeypox suggested and I'll go through them and determine the actual draft picks. 10 points for Monkeypox... just kidding. Anyway, send them in ASAP and we can get this party started.

Archived