Best There Is, Best There Was, Best There Ever Will Be

[CENTER][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/BH/Splash.jpg[/IMG] [B][I]I am the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be![/I] - Bret Hart[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]"The kid just has 'it'". That's what people have been saying about me ever since I started working for my dad's wrestling promotion, Calgary Stampede Wrestling a few years ago. You might have heard of Pops, his name is Stu Hart, and in my eyes, he is a true legend. He has taken me and my brothers, Bruce, Keith, and Owen down to what we call the Dungeon, where he has turned us into the greatest wrestling family that Canada will ever see. I don't know what 'it' is, but if 'it' means a legendary work ethic and a strive towards excellence, then sure, I've got 'it'. Ever since Pops got some of the wrestlers working with him to show me around the ring a little bit at one of his shows, I've been hooked. I trained with Pops or some of the other guys constantly, and my hard work paid off. I shot up the ranks of Stampede Wrestling like few before me, and I am currently the company's top champion, the CSW North American Champion. It is an honor to hold this title like so many greats before me have, and I plan to hold onto it for a very long time to come. A lot of people are saying that I'm a star in the making. If that is so, then I'm happy to embrace it, but I'm just in this to make my family proud. I know that I can't stay in Calgary forever, but while I'm here I might as well give it my all and carry on my proud name, Hart. People are saying that I'm on the verge of making it to the big time, but to me, this is the big time. It's all I've ever known. Traveling from town to town here in Canada, giving these hard working people what they want to see night in and night out. Who knows if America will come calling? We'll just have to see when we get there. But for now, I'm just going to go out and bust my butt to be the best that I can be. 1983 is going to be a good year for me, mark my words.....1983 is the year that "The Hitman" takes wrestling by storm.[/CENTER]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B][CENTER] [SIZE="3"]Stampede Wrestling May 5, 1983 The Prairies (Canada) Attendance: 4,134 [/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Bret Hart vs. The Mongolian Stomper[/SIZE] This match pitted the North American Champion of CSW, Bret Hart, against one of the meanest men ever to step into Stampede Wrestling, The Mongolian Stomper. Most people would be terrified of this very deranged individual, but Hart showed why he is the champion as he took the fight to the Stomper early and often. The Stomper took control around the five minute mark with a serious low blow, then he went to work on the young champion. He stomped him all over and delivered multiple bodyslams to Hart. The Stomper's one weakness came out though as he had Hart in a headlock, the crowd started chanting, Let's Go Bret! That set off Stomper's unique inner-ear disorder which caused him to let go of Hart and become disoriented. Hart then got up and nailed him with a piledriver, but Stomper kicked out at two. The next ten minutes then belonged to Hart, who softened up Stomper as he tried to regain his bearings. Hart slammed Stomper to the mat, then went up to the second rope and nailed his signature elbow drop, setting the crowd into a frenzy. Stomper started to get back up, then he went crazy and bit Hart in the forehead, but Hart responded right back with a slap to his face. Hart then nailed another piledriver, busting the Stomper open. Then instead of pinning him, Hart locked in the Sharpshooter, and the Mongolian Stomper had no choice but to tap out as the crowd sent his ear troubles to an even higher level. [SIZE="3"]Winner: Bret Hart Match Time: 17:30 Match Rating: B-[/SIZE] [/CENTER][/B][/FONT]

[CENTER][B][FONT="Trebuchet MS"] [SIZE="3"]Stampede Wrestling May 12, 1983 The Prairies (Canada) Attendance: 4,321[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Bret and Keith Hart vs. The Karachi Vice Kingpins (The Great Gama and Makhan Singh)[/SIZE] Bret Hart started the match off in the ring with The Great Gama, and he dominated Hart early in the match. He wouldn't let Hart leave his feet as he locked in some deadly looking submission moves to the arms of Hart, who tried for more than two minutes to get out of the clutches of Gama. He finally did and dropped Gama where he stood with a beautiful dropkick. He then quickly tagged in his brother Keith, but Gama got up and pushed Keith around just like Bret. Keith was able to eventually slip out of a wrist lock, and he tagged Bret back in, and he absolutely exploded into the ring. He dropped Gama with a series of punches and kicks, and then leveled him with the pendulum backbreaker. He went outside after that and dragged Gama towards the corner, where he smashed his knee on the ringpost, warming him up for the Sharpshooter. Bret then reentered the ring, then out of nowhere hit the lariat bulldog off the ropes, and he pinned The Great Gama for the three count, and just like that it was over. [SIZE="3"]Winners: Bret and Keith Hart Match Time: 6:20 Match Rating: F[/SIZE] [/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B] May 13, 1983, Last night's show was pretty good, me and Keith are defiantly a good team, we know what each other is going to do before they do it. It's the same with Bruce and Owen too. Once Owen matures a little more I have a feeling that we will be a great team and go far together. But after last night's show I was kind of tired of being thrown into random matches, so I had a talk with dad about setting up a feud for my North American Championship. We agreed that Bad News Allen would be a formidable opponent for me. He's the kind of down and dirty heel that could really build my face character, that is if I am able to beat him and keep my title. Sure he's mean and will beat you up in the ring, but I think we can give the fans what they want. I hope it just doesn't blow up in my face though. We'll just have to see. [FONT="Palatino Linotype"]The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be.... Bret Hart[/FONT] [/B][/FONT]

[B][FONT="Trebuchet MS"] May 16, 1983, As we usually do just about every day, my dad and my three brothers were messing around with stuff at the house, not doing much except talking about wrestling. We talked about everything. From other promotions up here in Canada, to what we think about Stampede, to the superpowers in America like WWF and MACW. As fate would have it, my dad's phone rang and he picked it up, and all we heard was, "Um hum...really? When did this happen? Well good for him." When he got off the phone my dad seemed pretty happy. He informed us that at a WWF In Your Neighborhood event last night, Bill Eadie, who is known to wrestling fans as The Masked Superstar put an end to the long title reign of Bob Backlund by hitting his signature move, the Superstar Neckbreaker, and possibly ushering in a new age into one of the powers of professional wrestling. I've personally never met Bill, but I hear he is a great guy. The fans boo him night in and night out, but the man that they have never gotten to know helps out everybody from what I've heard, and is willing to put personal gain to the side to help out a friend. Congratulations Bill, you earned it. [FONT="Book Antiqua"]The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be, Bret Hart[/FONT] [/FONT][/B]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B][CENTER] [SIZE="3"]Stampede Wrestling May 19, 1983 Ontario (Canada) Attendance: 824[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Bret and Keith Hart vs. Steve DiSalvo and Hiro Saito Hardcore Rules[/SIZE] Bret Hart and Steve DiSalvo started the match off, and Hart used his good technical ability to get DiSalvo off his game, but that was quickly turned around with a series of hammer-like blows from DiSalvo. After beating down Bret enough, he let Saito into the ring to get his share, but he was quickly met with a gutwrench backbreaker from Bret. Bret then tagged into his brother Keith, who hit a suplex on Saito, then went to the second rope where he connected with a big dropkick. He then got Bret back into the match, and he looked to put it away with the Piledriver, but he was unable to connect after trying several times. DiSalvo made his way back in and went after Bret again, but Hart started some offense, then tagged in his brother Keith, and he nailed a gutwrench suplex, then locked in the Boston Crab, and DiSalvo tapped out from the pain, giving the Hart's two wins in two weeks. [SIZE="3"]Winners: Bret and Keith Hart Match Time: 14:40 Match Rating: C[/SIZE] [/CENTER][/B][/FONT]

[CENTER][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B] [SIZE="3"]Stampede International May 21, 1983 The Prairies (Canada) Attendance: 4,170[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Bret Hart vs. Bad News Allen Two out of Three Falls Match[/SIZE] Before the match Bret Hart was standing in the ring when Bad News Allen made his way to the ring. Hart elected not to pay attention to Allen and just warmup, which came back to bite him. Allen sprinted into the ring and attacked Hart from behind, then dominated the first five minutes of the match. He used his arsenal of underhanded tactics, like rope chokes, and even an attempted brass knuckles shot. Hart looked to turn it around, but Allen just came back stronger. Finally Hart got things on his side, and he hit a series of Excellent Suplexes on Allen. Hart looked to put the first fall away with the piledriver, but Allen blocked it, but Hart came right back with the drop toe hold, which he floated straight into the Sharpshooter, and Allen quickly gave up, conceding the first fall to save himself more damage than neccessary. The second fall of the match was up for grabs, and Hart looked for the Sharpshooter right away again, but Allen was able to get out of it before Hart had it locked in, and he went to work on the Hitman once again. He started blatantly choking out Hart again, but this time the referee saw it and asked Allen to quit doing it. He then worked over Hart for another five minutes, but Hart avoided one of his moves and hit a bodyslam, then went to the second rope. He then leaped off the ropes and tried his elbow drop, but Allen moved, then nailed Hart with a roundhouse kick, and he then pinned Bret's shoulders to the mat, evening up the score 1 to 1. The third fall got off to a fast start as Allen when for the Ghetto Blaster, but Hart avoided it and went for the piledriver. Allen also avoided this move, then decided he had enough and grabbed Hart by the back of the head and threw him straight over the top rope, earning himself an automatic disqualification, and giving Hart the win, 2 to 1. [SIZE="3"]Winner: Bret Hart (2 to 1) Match Time: 16:40 Match Rating: F[/SIZE] [/B][/FONT][/CENTER]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B][CENTER] [SIZE="3"]Stampede Wrestling May 26, 1983 The Prairies (Canada) Attendance: 4,006[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Bret and Keith Hart vs. The Karachi Vice Kingpins[/SIZE] This match started just like their last meeting, with The Great Gama dominating Bret Hart. The Kingpins came prepared though as they switched up their strategy as Makhan Singh got in early, but that was a mistake as Bret Hart threw him around the ring like he was an amateur. Bret had Singh weak, then decided that Keith could finish him off, so he tagged in his brother. After a couple of suplexes Singh slipped out of a Keith Hart move and tagged Gama back in, and he went to town on Keith Hart. Keith finally was able to get out of the ring and Bret came in and he and Gama were in about a 12 minute battle back and forth before Bret got Keith back in, who hit a second rope dropkick, then tagged Bret back in. Bret quickly took Gama down and locked in the Sharpshooter, but Singh was able to break the hold up. Bret then waited for Gama to get back up, and when he did he nailed the piledriver, and this time the three count was completed, and Bret Hart finished up his perfect month of May. [SIZE="3"]Winners: Bret and Keith Hart Match Time: 24:50 Match Rating: E[/SIZE] [/CENTER][/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B][CENTER] [SIZE="4"]End of May 1983[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][U]Record[/U][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]5-0[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/BH/SJ83.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/BH/PJ83.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER][/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B][CENTER] [SIZE="3"]Stampede Wrestling June 5, 1983 The Maritimes (Canada) Attendance: 915[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Bret Hart vs. Bad News Allen[/SIZE] This marked the second meeting between these two big players in Stampede Wrestling in less than a month, and Allen was going to have to even up the series if he wanted a legitimate shot at Bret Hart's North American Championship. The fans were not as rowdy as the Calgary crowd, but Stampede was working on expanding their influence by visiting The Maritimes, which played a big factor of this match not having a big fight feel. Hart was warming up in the ring like he usually does, and Allen attacked him again. He then went for some punches, but Hart avoided them and took control. After some swift action Hart gained control with an Excellent Plex, and then he dropkicked Allen right into the corner. This allowed the Hitman to slide to the outside, where he wrapped Allen's leg around the post and smashed it against the cold hard steel. He then got in the ring and took Allen back down with a backbreaker, then hit the spread-eagled stomp, straight into the Sharpshooter, and once again Allen tapped out to the devastating maneuver, giving Hart the decided upper hand in this feud. [SIZE="3"]Winner: Bret Hart Match Time: 6:10 Match Rating: F[/SIZE] [/CENTER][/B][/FONT]

[QUOTE][QUOTE=Greg McNeish;311672]Great stuff, dude. As a proud Canadian, I'm a huge Bret Hart mark. He truly lived up to his catchphrase.[/QUOTE] Thanks, he's my favorite of all-time, so it seemed fitting that I should do a dynasty with him.[/QUOTE] [CENTER][B][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]Stampede Wrestling June 12, 1983 The Prairies (Canada) Attendance: 4,242[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Bret Hart vs. Mongolian Stomper[/SIZE] These two great competitors faced off once again, but this time The Stomper came out of the gates flying to keep the crowd from cheering too loudly and setting off his inner ear imbalance. He smashed Hart's head off all four turnbuckles multiple times, and he slammed him down to the mat as the Hitman could not do anything to get himself back in the match. Stomper was utterly destroying Hart, and all that Hart got in the first ten minutes was a couple of headlocks and suplexes. The Stomper then signaled that the Claw was coming, but Hart kept it off his head, but the Stomper locked it into his stomach. Hart wriggled in pain, but he was able to eventually get out of the devastating hold. The crowd then got behind Hart 100%, which made the Stomper hold his ears, and allowed Hart to drop him with a huge dropkick. Hart then slammed Stomper to the mat, when delivered the second rope elbow drop. Hart waited for Stomper to rise, then nailed the piledriver, but could only get the two count. Hart then waited for Stomper to rise, but Stomper was prepared and tried to lock in the Claw, and Hart avoided it and hit the pendulum backbreaker on Stomper, and locked in the Sharpshooter, and it was over just like that. [SIZE="3"]Winner: Bret Hart Match Time: 26:20 Match Rating: B[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B][CENTER] [SIZE="3"]Stampede Wrestling June 19, 1983 The Prairies (Canada) Attendance: 4,238[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Bret and Keith Hart vs. The Karachi Vice Kingpins[/SIZE] This is the third time this match had taken place, but the Hart's must have just been going through the motions because the Kingpins, The Great Gama in particular took the pain to the Harts early and often. Bret looked like he had things under control when Makhan Singh got in the ring, but he quickly tagged out and the sudden dominate Gama took control again. He threw Bret around the ring like a rag doll, and when Bret tagged in Keith, he got it even worse. After about 10 minutes of pain, he hit the double knee backbreaker on Keith, but Bret broke the submission up. He then hit the running powerslam, but Keith barely kicked out. He followed that up with a piledriver, which Bret broke up, then finished it with a leaping piledriver, which led straight to the inevitable three count. The Great Gama then stared into the eyes of Bret Hart, saying he will get the same sooner or later. [SIZE="3"]Winners: The Karachi Vice Kingpins Match Time: 19:20 Match Rating: C[/SIZE] [/CENTER][/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B] June 20, 1983, Last night I witnessed my brother Keith take one of the worst beatings I have ever seen in my life at the hands of the Great Gama. I had to sit on the apron and watch this take place as he cowardly would not let me in the ring. Well, I'm prepared to throw the tag team scene out the window. When I looked into Gama's eyes after the match, I saw pure hate, and I'm ready to take him on one-on-one. I've talked to my dad, he's given me the go ahead to go after The Great Gama on my own. That beating Keith took will not be in vein, I will get my hands on The Great Gama, even if it means I have to put my championship on the line. The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be..... [I]Bret Hart[/I] [/B][/FONT]

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;313457]Hey how did you take that screen cap of just the game screen??[/QUOTE] While you have the game open just hit the print screen button on your keyboard, and that acts like a copy button. Then just paste it into whatever photo editing program you use and there it is.

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B][CENTER] [SIZE="3"]Stampede Wrestling June 25, 1983 The Prairies (Canada) Attendance: 4,124[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Bret and Keith Hart vs. Jim Neidhart and Mr. Hito[/SIZE] Bret Hart came out to the match like he had something else on his mind, that something else, The Great Gama. Hart was ready to take on Gama one-on-one, but he had to go through this tag team match first, and not many people expected it, but it turned out to be an instant classic. Bret took out some frustrations on Mr. Hito for about 10 minutes, but Jim Neidhart made his way into the ring and he lived up to his nickname, "The Anvil" as he flattened everything in his path. He ran over Bret, then Keith gave it a try, but Neidhart threw him around the ring like a ragdoll. Finally Mr. Hito got back in, and Keith got some offense in, and then Bret dominated him for another extended period of time. He even locked in the deadly Sharpshooter, but Neidhart made the save. Neidhart got back in the ring around the half hour mark, and he utterly destroyed Bret Hart. Bret had nothing left when Mr. Hito came in and locked in the Asiatic Spike, but Keith made the save. Hito then locked in the face claw, which Keith also broke up. Bret then got a surge of energy and locked in another Sharpshooter, but Neidhart immediately broke it up. Hito then threw some powder in Bret's eyes, then nailed the Backdrop Driver, and the match was over just like that, and Bret Hart had his first losing streak in a very long time. He would have to finally get to the Great Gama, or this would likely continue. [SIZE="3"]Winners: Jim Neidhart and Mr. Hito Match Time: 48:10 Match Rating: A[/SIZE] [/CENTER][/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][CENTER][B] [SIZE="3"]Stampede International June 28, 1983 The Prairies (Canada) Attendance: 4,004[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Bret and Keith Hart vs. The Karachi Vice Kingpins Two out of Three Falls Match[/SIZE] Bret Hart got his wish in this match to get his hands on The Great Gama. He started off by slugging away on him with jabs and forearms, Gama got a kick in, but Hart didn't even feel it and he continued the assault. He continued to slug away on Gama for awhile, but then Gama avoided an attack and set out an attack of his own. He beat down Bret for awhile, then when Keith came in, much of the same continued. Later in the match the two men got the fresh men in at about the same time, and Bret Hart and Makhan Singh started slugging it out. Bret dominated this exchange, and after a Sharpshooter that was broken up by Gama, Singh grabbed Hart by the back of the head and threw him out of the ring, earning an automatic disqualification and giving the Hart's the 1-0 lead. Gama got into the ring for the second match, and Hart continued his roll as he hit about every backbreaker under the sun on Gama, and he almost finished it off with a piledriver, but Gama was saved by Makhan Singh, who got the tag and came in like a man possessed. Bret tagged in Keith to see what he could do with him, but he was nailed with a big bodyslam, then the Giant Splash, and that move evened up the score 1-1. The decisive fall got underway with Bret and Singh facing off, but it wasn't long until Gama got in the ring and he and Bret gave everything they had to try to get the final fall for their team. Hart hit a German Suplex that was broken up by Gama, and Gama tried to cheat many times to get the upperhand, but Hart was always a step ahead. Gama finally gave up and tagged in the stronger Singh, and he quickly got Hart into the corner and nailed the Karachi Crunch, and after a three count, Bret Hart's losing streak continued on to three. [SIZE="3"]Winners: The Karachi Vice Kingpins Match Time: 31:10 Match Rating: B-[/SIZE] [/B][/CENTER][/FONT]

Archived