Has anyone managed to have WWE keep their US television?

[QUOTE=misfit103;318769]I've tried everything suggested with 1RC as well as T-Zone. Boosting overness, lowering TV network size, boosting skills. It always winds up with WWE not renewing Smackdown or Raw, and usually getting on in the UK. What gives?[/QUOTE] Try combining the affiliated networks into one main network, that they are showing on (Combine the one in the USA with the one in the UK and other's), and bring down how many channels they are showing on. I think the AI kind of see's them on several different rival channels with the same show, however, you can't renew because you have TOO many network deals, etc.

I've found there's little differences to everyone's copies. My buddy and I took the time to compare our games. Taking note of any mods and whatnot (he runs T-Zone 07 plus a group of guys he created, me using a mixed set of T-Zone '07, 1RC, and some added guys I know who work the mid-atlantic IRL that aren't in the game), and we both seem to have odd occurances no matter how many games we do. Him: - New Jack always dies in the first year - Smackdown always eclipses RAW. Me: - Raven jumps to WWE, and promptly retires. - Christopher Daniels breaks his neck. There's probably more, but still. Just interesting to point out. So maybe it's just your copy and data packs that cause that. Gotta love random AI. ;)

I'm pretty sure that one promotion can only have a total of three television deals. So having each WWE show air on multiple channels brings it to 6 or 7. So the AI drops whatever one's come up because they are at their limit for shows. So the way to fix it would be to give each Raw, Smackdown, and ECW their US television deal.

That and it's the "too much too often" theory. You have way too many under average performers... very few high class ones... and WAY too much television time with too few to keep the ratings up. The game basically has to make the WWE fail so it can fire all the terrible workers who can't work and will never get over so it can rebuild with either 1/3 or 1/2 the TV time with more talented people.

[QUOTE=Ransik;319236]That and it's the "too much too often" theory. You have way too many under average performers... very few high class ones... and WAY too much television time with too few to keep the ratings up. The game basically has to make the WWE fail so it can fire all the terrible workers who can't work and will never get over so it can rebuild with either 1/3 or 1/2 the TV time with more talented people.[/QUOTE] Even if you were right about this, it's totally incorrect for WHY he lose's the deals... The question is why can't he keep the television deal. There was no hint that he was going under, or his shows were bad. This is a game, no matter how you feel about it in real life... The shows that are included in most of the data, doesn't allow them to keep their slots because they have too many shows, that overlap (In competition with each other).

The problem is with the databases. Creators still seem to not understand that the maximum limits is three television slots and one pay-per-view deal. These problems would go away if the database followed that rule from the start. The creators seriously need to tweak this stuff and cut all this stuff down. No WWE having five PPV deals and ten TV deals, that's silly. One PPV deal only and three TV deals only, period, do not pass Go, do not collect any more deals.

[QUOTE=NickRLLRingCrew;319107]I've found there's little differences to everyone's copies. My buddy and I took the time to compare our games. Taking note of any mods and whatnot (he runs T-Zone 07 plus a group of guys he created, me using a mixed set of T-Zone '07, 1RC, and some added guys I know who work the mid-atlantic IRL that aren't in the game), and we both seem to have odd occurances no matter how many games we do. Him: - New Jack always dies in the first year - Smackdown always eclipses RAW. Me: - Raven jumps to WWE, and promptly retires. - Christopher Daniels breaks his neck. There's probably more, but still. Just interesting to point out. So maybe it's just your copy and data packs that cause that. Gotta love random AI. ;)[/QUOTE] You said it yourself, you're using completely different data sets. That's what's to blame for different events.

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;319239]Even if you were right about this, it's totally incorrect for WHY he lose's the deals... The question is why can't he keep the television deal. There was no hint that he was going under, or his shows were bad. This is a game, no matter how you feel about it in real life... The shows that are included in most of the data, doesn't allow them to keep their slots because they have too many shows, that overlap (In competition with each other).[/QUOTE] Not me, the AI. I did try compacting tv shows though. WWE had only RAW and SD! on one network each, and it still didn't work. Ah well. I've recently moved on and discovered the Fall scenarios, so I'm happy.

Archived