might seem like an odd question, but...

I don't know how much his style was influenced by it, but I know Carlos Newton trained for a long time (and I think still does occassionally) with Moni Aizik, one of the originators of Krav Maga. He owns a really big Martial Arts club in Toronto that teaching Krav Maga, Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, Sport Karate, Traditional Karate, Kung Fu, tons of stuff.

yes, Krav Maga is meant to be a lethal style, but then, in theory almost ALL martial arts styles have techniques that are meant to be lethal. there is however what they call a civilian class of training, which is not quite as intensive as the types used by the military. i just don't know if there is anyone out there who uses it, or is influenced by it in MMA.

Hmmm. What style would Krav Maga be? I can guess, but I've really only seen one person use it so I don't know if this is indicitive to personal style. Here are some key features, in my opinion 1) Poor ground work - Krav teaches you to stay on your feet 2) Great clinch, especially knees 3) Good strikes 4) Excellent defense vs. takedowns The reason for poor submissions is debatable, they're taught to quickly break and move on instead of trying to focus on pressure points. Again, I'm not sure because the guy I know who practices Krav also took a lot of Muay Thai, so that's where the clinch strikes might be coming from.

Archived