World Fighting Championship: Conquering the world with $10.000

Lightweight division: Luke Hilton (4-1) vs. [b]Truck Gleeson (8-2)[/b] Come on, Truck! You're the Truck Man! Nobody can stop the Truck Man! Middleweight division: [b]Vladislav Georgi (0-0)[/b] vs. Lon Campbell (0-0) Lightweight division: Milenko Rudonja (7-3) vs. [b]Kenny Magilton III (5-2)[/b] Lightweight division: [b]Eli Harris (2-0) vs. Francis O’Leary (1-2)[/b] Middleweight division: Kelly Agg (1-0) vs. [b]Zachary Gilbert (7-5)[/b]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lightweight division: Luke Hilton (4-1) vs. [B]Truck Gleeson[/B] (8-2) Middleweight division: [B]Vladislav Georgi[/B] (0-0) vs. Lon Campbell (0-0) Lightweight division: [B]Milenko Rudonja[/B] (7-3) vs. Kenny Magilton III (5-2) Lightweight division: [B]Eli Harris[/B] (2-0) vs. Francis O’Leary (1-2) Middleweight division: Kelly Agg (1-0) vs. [B]Zachary Gilbert[/B] (7-5)

Lightweight division: Luke Hilton (4-1) vs. [B]Truck Gleeson (8-2)[/B] Middleweight division: Vladislav Georgi (0-0) vs.[B] Lon Campbell (0-0)[/B] Lightweight division: Milenko Rudonja (7-3) vs.[B] Kenny Magilton III (5-2)[/B] Lightweight division: [B]Eli Harris (2-0) [/B]vs. Francis O’Leary (1-2) Middleweight division: [B]Kelly Agg (1-0)[/B] vs. Zachary Gilbert (7-5)

Lightweight division: Luke Hilton (4-1) vs. [b]Truck Gleeson (8-2)[/b] Middleweight division: [b]Vladislav Georgi (0-0)[/b] vs. Lon Campbell (0-0) The very definition of a pick 'em fight. Lightweight division: Milenko Rudonja (7-3) vs. [b]Kenny Magilton III (5-2)[/b] Lightweight division: [b]Eli Harris (2-0)[/b] vs. Francis O’Leary (1-2) Middleweight division: Kelly Agg (1-0) vs. [b]Zachary Gilbert (7-5)[/b]

[QUOTE=javier_83;339496]poor blood, is there any possibility for a rematch??[/QUOTE] If he's willing to change weight classes, then yes, some day later. Btw, sorry if I don't update this the next couple of days but I got masses of work for school.

[QUOTE=Brush With Greatness;339872]What exactly is the number in brackets on the rankings following the fighters name?[/QUOTE] Their rating points. I calculate my own rankings. I use the same system they use in Age of Mythology and in Chess Rankings. Every new fighter starts with 1000 when they come in and the number of points they win or lose after a match depends on the difference between his points and his opponents.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC7.jpg[/IMG] [B]Date: 1997, May, Week 2, Friday Location: Central Europe Attendance: 33 (live gate: $2.310)[/B]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/KellyAgg.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/ZacharyGilbert.png[/IMG] Kelly Agg [B]-VS-[/B] Zachary Gilbert 22 [B]- Age -[/B] 25 5’11 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 205 [B]- Weight -[/B] 171 1-0 [B]- Record -[/B] 7-5 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Gilbert throws the first punch of the round, a high searching jab that didn't carry a great deal of threat with it. Agg throws a one-two combination in return, neither connecting, then steps in and delivers a hard kick to the outside of the thigh. Gilbert steps back, throwing a right hand as he does to buy himself space. They circle, then move in again to exchange strikes, neither fighter getting a clear advantage. They come together again and the same result. It has become something of a stalemate at the moment. They come together to exchange strikes for the third time, and this time they wind up in a clinch. Agg hits a knee to the ribs. A couple of shots to the back from Gilbert. They struggle all the way back, with Gilbert ending up backed up against the cage. Agg hits another knee, but there wasn't much power behind it. Gilbert stomps downward onto his foot. Gilbert manages to reverse their positions, but that only lasts about thirty seconds before it gets reversed once more. Agg gets an arm free and tries to throw a big shot to the cheek, Gilbert ducks under it and gets the arm back under control. The referee finally breaks them up, and we're back to where we started. Gilbert tries a high kick to start, but Agg saw it coming and easily avoids it. They come back together in the center, and it's Agg who gets the first sustained attack of the round, hitting two hard body shots and a jab that caught Gilbert on the nose. Gilbert hits a straight right, enough to stop Agg from following up any further. The time expires with them standing. Not a great round for either of them or the crowd, it was very scrappy. The first round is over. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Agg. [B]Round 2[/B] Agg hits some tentative punches, then comes in fast and forces Gilbert to back up against the cage, where they clinch. Agg hits a nice body shot, but takes two short punches to the side of the head in return. Gilbert tries a trip, but it doesn't go anywhere. They separate, with Agg having to stay sharp to avoid a scorching right hand from Gilbert. Gilbert gets in close and fires off a series of body shots, nicely done. He tries to step back to avoid any counter blows, but Agg smothers him in a clinch. Gilbert takes a knee to the ribs from the clinch, then gets pushed into the cage. Agg uses a swift leg sweep to take Gilbert down to the ground. Agg manages to push the guard apart, and leans over Gilbert, trapping one leg underneath his body. Bad position for Gilbert to be in, and Agg now starts throwing big lefts and rights. Gilbert tries to deflect them away but quite a few are hitting home. Gilbert tries to bring his free leg in to add some leverage, but Agg swats it aside and gets the full mount. More punches start raining down, and Gilbert is left just covering up to try and weather the storm. It's no use though, as the barrage of punches without answer convince the referee to call a halt to the action. The official time of the TKO is 3:50 of round 2. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Kelly Agg def. Zachary Gilbert by TKO in 3:50 of round 2 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Looks like Kelly Agg is more than a potato bag. He got one of the easiest opponents I could give him, but still.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/EliHarris.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/FrancisOLeary.png[/IMG] Eli Harris [B]-VS-[/B] Francis O’Leary 20 [B]- Age -[/B] 40 5’11 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’8 165 [B]- Weight -[/B] 165 2-0 [B]- Record -[/B] 1-2 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] O'Leary pushes Harris up against the cage in a clinch. O'Leary throws a knee, then a couple of short punches to the side of the head. Harris pushes him away and steps in to score with an uppercut. O'Leary took it flush on the chin and is rocked! Another right hand drops O'Leary against the cage, and Harris follows up by unloading with a barrage of punches. The referee gets in and pulls Harris away, he wins the match by TKO. The official time is 1:25. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Eli Harris def. Francis O’Leary by TKO in 1:25 of round 1 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Eli Harris is one of my favourites at the moment. O'Leary ain't that much of a fighter, but ending a fight in the first round is always impressive. I just hope GAMMA doesn't ruin his undefeated record soon.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/MilenkoRudonja.png[/IMG] [B]VS[/B] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/KennyMagiltonIII.png[/IMG] Milenko Rudonja [B]-VS-[/B] Kenny Magilton III 25 [B]- Age -[/B] 23 5’6 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’8 165 [B]- Weight -[/B] 160 7-3 [B]- Record -[/B] 5-2 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Magilton is forced onto the backfoot almost immediately, having to retreat to avoid a series of sharp jabs. He ends up with his back to the cage, with Rudonja advancing. A sharp right misses, and Magilton takes the opportunity to pull Rudonja in to a tight clinch against the cage. Rudonja tries to break free, but cannot. It looks like we know the strategies for this round already; Rudonja wants to stand and bang, Magilton wants to keep things at close quarters. Rudonja tries for an elbow, but only succeeds in getting turned around so that he is now the one against the cage. Trip from Magilton, and we're down to the ground. Magilton has side control, but Rudonja has landed with his left hand side against the cage, so that side of the body is basically safe for now. Magilton will have to try to work the right-hand side, and starts by ramming a knee into the ribs. Rudonja tries to squirm into a better position, but Magilton puts a stop to that with a stiff elbow to the stomach. Magilton tries to work a kimura on the right arm, but Rudonja defends it. Rudonja manages to bring a knee up and catch Magilton in the side, something of a cheeky move given his position. Magilton responds with five or six rapid-fire right hands to the face, but Rudonja covers up and doesn't take any serious damage at all. Time is ticking away though, and so far Magilton may be easily winning the round, but he is not taking full advantage of this great position. Magilton tries to float over into a mount, but Rudonja uses the cage to push away and manages to unbalance Magilton enough to get to a kneeling position, then standing, albeit back into a clinch. A knee from Magilton is the last action of the round. The first round is over. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Magilton. [B]Round 2[/B] Good start from Magilton, taking Rudonja down almost immediately! Rudonja scrambles though, and gets back to his feet without taking any damage at all. Magilton will be disappointed with that. Rudonja comes in and throws two big right hands, but neither connects, and they put him off balance, allowing Magilton to score with a nice right hook to the side of the head, crunching into the top of the ear. Rudonja felt that one for sure. He stalks Magilton, trying to back him up against the cage. It doesn't work though, Magilton keeps out of the way. Rudonja tries a kick, but Magilton catches the foot and uses it for a trip. Magilton gets Rudonja down for the second time, and this time is right on top of him in guard position. Magilton throws some punches, then tries to pass. Rudonja doesn't allow it, and tries to grab an armbar in response. Magilton easily stops that, and throws some more punches. That becomes the pattern, as the fight falls into a predictable pattern; punches from Magilton followed by a pass attempt, with Rudonja blocking the pass and throwing the occasional punch in response. The round ends like that, just as the referee was about to stand them back up. The round ends. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Magilton. [B]Round 3[/B] Rudonja comes out fast and quickly backs Magilton up, all the way up against the cage. Rudonja throws a series of rights and lefts; none of the strikes to the head got through, but two nice body shots did. He doesn't follow up though, instead keeping a few steps back, clearly not wanting to get tied up in a clinch. Magilton throws a low kick, then advances with some jabs, forcing Rudonja to back off a little. They meet in the center and exchange strikes, with Rudonja looking the crisper striker of the two, although without doing any real damage. Magilton shoots in for the takedown, but Rudonja sprawls and eventually pushes free. Right hand from Rudonja, then two jabs which both find their mark. Magilton bats away a third, then comes in hard and fast for a second takedown attempt. Rudonja sprawls again, but gets pushed all the way up against the cage. Magilton has a leg, but is low down to the ground and doesn't have the leverage to complete the takedown. He works to a better standing position, but has to lose the leg and grab a clinch instead. They both fire off some small punches from there. Magilton tries for a trip, but Rudonja avoids it and works free from the clinch. He returns to the center, clearly wanting a striking battle rather than a grappling match. Magilton follows, hands held high, and throws a couple of jabs. Rudonja connects with one instead though, and then with a looping right hand that catches Magilton above the eye. He felt that, but doesn't go down. Best strike of the round so far. Magilton throws a low kick. Rudonja comes in to strike again, but this time cannot sprawl quickly enough and gets taken down. Rudonja pulls guard. Unfortunately for Magilton, now that he has finally gotten the takedown, there's less than thirty seconds left. He tries to pass guard to get to side control, but Rudonja comfortably defends it until the round is over. End of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Rudonja. [B]Round 4[/B] Rudonja starts fast, unleashing a bomb of a right hand, but Magilton avoids it without too much trouble. Rudonja isn't disheartened though, swinging two more huge punches, with Magilton getting out the way each time, but being forced all over the place. Rudonja finally backs off a little, breathing hard. That was quite a frantic start. Magilton opts to use that, and comes in to throw some jabs. Rudonja is backed up against the cage, covering up. Magilton clinches. They struggle, and the fight enters a lull. Rudonja hits a knee strike to the hip. Magilton slips one leg behind Rudonja and uses that as leverage for a big trip. Rudonja landed hard, with Magilton on top. They're in half guard. It's to Rudonja's advantage that they're right next to the cage, that is blocking Magilton from attacking the left hand side of the body. Rudonja is forced into action to defend a kimura attempt. Magilton tries to step over to mount, but Rudonja keeps his legs in position and ends up almost rolled into a ball. Magilton fires some stuff punches to the back, then one to the face. He reaches through and tries to secure an armbar, but has to be careful as he is in danger of getting picked off with a counter armbar too. Rudonja doesn't appear to be trying that though, instead trying to shift his weight so that he can get back up. Magilton isn't allowing it though, and gets a couple more punches in before settling back into half guard. Rudonja ties him up in a snug clinch. The action halts, and time expires before Magilton can get free. End of round 4. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Magilton. [B]Round 5[/B] Magilton works an angle and comes in from the side of Rudonja, getting two good jabs in before a ragged left misses by quite a margin. Rudonja hits a low kick to back Magilton against the cage, then works the body with a series of short punches. Magilton fights out and the action returns to the center. They come together, both throwing punches. Rudonja gets a nice clean shot in, and Magilton stumbles backwards and falls to the floor. Rudonja is on top of him quickly, and unloads with two more big punches, both connect solidly. The referee jumps in and pulls him away before a third is thrown, this match is over by TKO. Replays show the referee may have been slightly early. Rudonja wins via fifth round TKO at 2:24. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Milenko Rudonja def. Kenny Magilton III by TKO in 2:24 of round 5 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Rudonja is the type of fighter that is never bad, but can barely finish anyone off. His popularity will also help me in Europe.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/VladislavGeorgi.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/LonCampbell.png[/IMG] Vladislav Georgi [B]-VS-[/B] Lon Campbell 19 [B]- Age -[/B] 21 5’9 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 205 [B]- Weight -[/B] 177 0-0 [B]- Record -[/B] 0-0 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Georgi is forced onto the backfoot almost immediately, having to retreat to avoid a series of sharp jabs. He ends up with his back to the cage, with Campbell advancing. A sharp right misses, and Georgi takes the opportunity to pull Campbell in to a tight clinch against the cage. Campbell tries to break free, but cannot. It looks like we know the strategies for this round already; Campbell wants to stand and bang, Georgi wants to keep things at close quarters. Campbell tries for an elbow, but only succeeds in getting turned around so that he is now the one against the cage. Trip from Georgi, and we're down to the ground. Georgi has side control, but Campbell has landed with his left hand side against the cage, so that side of the body is basically safe for now. Georgi will have to try to work the right-hand side, and starts by ramming a knee into the ribs. Campbell tries to squirm into a better position, but Georgi puts a stop to that with a stiff elbow to the stomach. Georgi tries to work a kimura on the right arm, but Campbell defends it. Campbell manages to bring a knee up and catch Georgi in the side, something of a cheeky move given his position. Georgi responds with five or six rapid-fire right hands to the face, but Campbell covers up and doesn't take any serious damage at all. Time is ticking away though, and so far Georgi may be easily winning the round, but he is not taking full advantage of this great position. Georgi tries to float over into a mount, but Campbell uses the cage to push away and manages to unbalance Georgi enough to get to a kneeling position, then standing, albeit back into a clinch. A knee from Georgi is the last action of the round. The 1st round ends. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Georgi. [B]Round 2[/B] Campbell comes in hard and fast, throwing a scorching right hand, but it's a long way wide and Georgi is able to clinch up. Campbell hits a knee to the ribs, then a second. He goes to the well once too often though, as the third knee gets caught, and Georgi uses it for leverage to complete a takedown, ending up in Campbell's guard. Georgi fights his way out into half guard. Big clubbing blow from Georgi, Campbell dealt with it well. Georgi half-stands, his right leg still trapped between Campbell's, and starts unloading with a barrage of bombing right hands. Campbell takes one right to the jaw, then another smashes hard into his nose. More devastating punches rain down, and the referee pulls Georgi off, preventing Campbell from taking any more damage. The official time of the TKO is 0:32 of round 2. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Vladislav Georgi def. Lon Campbell by TKO in 0:32 of round 2 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Not much to say about this one other than the outcome being logic.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/LukeHilton.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/TruckGleesoncopy.png[/IMG] Luke Hilton [B]-VS-[/B] Truck Gleeson 22 [B]- Age -[/B] 28 5’6 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’10 165 [B]- Weight -[/B] 165 4-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 8-2 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] The fighters touch gloves, then circle. Hilton throws a low kick, but it was without any conviction, it seemed designed more to keep Gleeson from coming inside. Hilton works an angle, then comes in with a one-two combination, Gleeson responds with a crisp uppercut that wasn't far off from connecting. Hilton backs off slightly, maybe a bit relieved not to have taken that one on the chin. Neither fighter appears to be looking for any sort of takedown or grapple, this is all about the striking. Gleeson circles and throws a series of high jabs, but Hilton blocked them with ease, using the gloves. Hilton fakes a high kick, then storms in with a wild looking right hand and a series of body shots. Gleeson covers up and rides out the storm, clinching to stop any further blows. It was a nice attack from Hilton though, best action of the round. They stay clinched for a while, exchanging occasional punches to the ribs, then are separated by the referee. It looks like this round is going to the judges though, as there's only a few seconds remaining. Hilton throws a leg kick that connects, albeit without too much force, and the round is done. End of the round. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-8 Hilton. [B]Round 2[/B] Hilton leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, Gleeson deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. Gleeson uses a knee to the ribs before backing Hilton up against the cage. Right hand from Hilton connects though, that was well timed. Gleeson breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, Hilton was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from Gleeson sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. Hilton fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. They come together, both throwing punches. Hilton gets a nice clean shot in, and Gleeson stumbles backwards and falls to the floor. Hilton is on top of him quickly, and unloads with two more big punches, both connect solidly. The referee jumps in and pulls him away before a third is thrown, this match is over by TKO. Replays show the referee may have been slightly early. Hilton wins via 2nd round TKO with the official time being 3:46. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Luke Hilton def. Truck Gleeson by TKO in 3:46 of round 2 [B](**)[/B] [QUOTE]Wow, I knew Hilton wasn't a can, but beating the Truck Man is always impressive. I hope Truck can get himself together soon.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="5"][U]POST-SHOW:[/U][/SIZE] [B][U]RANKINGS:[/U][/B] [B]Middleweight division:[/B] 1. Thorbjorn Rekdal (1163) 2. Henning Olsen (1063) 3. Percy Catcher (1050) 4. Vladislav Georgi (1050) 5. Kelly Agg (1044) [B]Lightweight division:[/B] 1. Darin Blood (1094) 2. Eli Harris (1087) 3. Luke Hilton (1054) 4. Milenko Rudonja (1050) 5. Datuk Ong Ka Ting (1047) [B][U]NEWS:[/U][/B] Milenko Rudonja was injured during his match and is out of action for 1-2 months. [B]Current Funds:[/B] $43.441[/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC8.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] At WFC 8 Thorbjorn Rekdal will defend his title against the #1 contender in his division, the Dane Henning Olsen. Olsen doesn’t really stand out at anything, but isn’t really bad at anything either. He is the most mobile fighter of the two and has the best condition, which he should play in his advantage. Rekdal on the other hand is great at stand up fighting and could win this one pretty fast by KO. If he hasn’t been able to knock Olsen out by the end of round 3 it could go to the jury’s decision and who knows what the outcome will be. Other than the main event we have perhaps the greatest submission fighter in WFC, Datuk Ong Ka Ting taking on ‘The Doctor Of Style’ Jeremy Sproule who has shown that he knows how to defend against submissions. Sproule has the best physical condition of the two and when given enough time could be able to knock out Ong Ka Ting. There’s Wayne MckKellen who has fought twice for GAMMA and once for BFC since his last fight with us. He lost to Toyoaki Kasahara by submission and won against Greg Atteveld and Richard Smith. Both victories were achieved by knocking out his opponent. He takes on Jemaine McKenzie, who is going to try to make people forget he lost to Truck Gleeson on his debut. There’s also ‘Sho Sho’ taking on the inexperienced, yet undefeated, Nicholas Bretton and the unpredictable Scott Gillespie taking on a debuting fighter Tyrone Simmons.
[CENTER]WFC Middleweight Title Match: [B]Henning Olsen vs. Thorbjorn Rekdal[/B] Lightweight Division: [B]Jeremy Sproule vs. Datuk Ong Ka Ting[/B] Middleweight Division: [B]Jemaine McKenzie vs. Wayne McKellen[/B] Lightweight Division: [B]Nicholas Bretton vs. Sinali Shomen[/B] Lightweight Division: [B]Scott Gillespie vs. Tyrone Simmons[/B][/CENTER]
[SIZE="1"]Tyrone Simmons is a generated fighter: [url]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Scout%20Reports/Z_TyroneSimmons.jpg[/url][/SIZE]

WFC Middleweight Title Match: Henning Olsen vs. [B]Thorbjorn Rekdal[/B] Lightweight Division: Jeremy Sproule vs. Datuk Ong Ka Ting Middleweight Division: Jemaine McKenzie vs. [B]Wayne McKellen[/B] Lightweight Division: [B]Nicholas Bretton[/B] vs. Sinali Shomen Lightweight Division: [B]Scott Gillespie[/B] vs. Tyrone Simmons

WFC Middleweight Title Match: Henning Olsen vs.[B] Thorbjorn Rekdal[/B] Lightweight Division: [B]Jeremy Sproule[/B] vs. Datuk Ong Ka Ting Middleweight Division: Jemaine McKenzie vs.[B] Wayne McKellen[/B] Lightweight Division: [B]Nicholas Bretton[/B] vs. Sinali Shomen Lightweight Division: [B]Scott Gillespie [/B]vs. Tyrone Simmons

WFC Middleweight Title Match: [B]Henning Olsen[/B] vs. Thorbjorn Rekdal Lightweight Division: Jeremy Sproule vs. [B]Datuk Ong Ka Ting[/B] Middleweight Division: Jemaine McKenzie vs.[B] Wayne McKellen[/B] Lightweight Division: [B]Nicholas Bretton[/B] vs. Sinali Shomen Lightweight Division: Scott Gillespie vs. [B]Tyrone Simmons[/B]

WFC Middleweight Title Match: Henning Olsen vs. [b]Thorbjorn Rekdal[/b] Lightweight Division: Jeremy Sproule vs. [b]Datuk Ong Ka Ting[/b] Middleweight Division: [b]Jemaine McKenzie[/b] vs. Wayne McKellen Lightweight Division: Nicholas Bretton vs. [b]Sinali Shomen[/b] Lightweight Division: [b]Scott Gillespie[/b] vs. Tyrone Simmons

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC8.jpg[/IMG] [B]Date: 1997, June, Week 4, Friday Location: Central Europe Attendance: 35 (live gate: $2.310)[/B]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/ScottGillespie.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/TyroneSimmons.png[/IMG] Scott Gillespie [B]-VS-[/B] Tyrone Simmons 22 [B]- Age -[/B] 20 5’9 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 165 [B]- Weight -[/B] 165 3-3 [B]- Record -[/B] 0-0 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Tentative start to the round, the fighters are circling. Gillespie throws out a couple of range-finding jabs, but they aren't anything that will trouble Simmons. Kick to the thigh from Simmons, but it lacked power. Both fighters circle. Simmons ducks a right hand, but steps forward right into a brutal left cross! Gillespie put so much power on that swing that he almost floored himself. Simmons goes down, stunned. Gillespie dives on top and starts punching away, landing several big shots. The referee has seen enough, and pulls Gillespie off, ending the match. Gillespie wins via first round TKO at 1:49. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Scott Gillespie def. Tyrone Simmons by TKO in 1:49 of round 1 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Woah I expected Simmons to win this one actually. Ah well, a loss will make him stronger.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/NicholasBretton.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/SinaliShomen.png[/IMG] Nicholas Bretton [B]-VS-[/B] Sinali Shomen 22 [B]- Age -[/B] 19 5’6 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 165 [B]- Weight -[/B] 165 2-0 [B]- Record -[/B] 5-3 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] They touch gloves. Bretton throws out a couple of jabs, but they find nothing but gloves. Shomen throws a low kick. Shomen circles, looking for an angle from which to strike. Bretton moves in and throws a high kick, but it's inaccurate and allows Shomen to take him down to the ground. It's an unusual position though, as Shomen is almost in a triangle when they hit the deck. He tries to go over the top to break free, but Bretton uses his leg strength and leverage to flip Shomen over, almost getting a mount, but getting shrugged off into guard. Bretton tries to grab an arm to work a submission, but Shomen is defending it well by using short, sharp strikes to keep him back. Bretton tries to pass the guard, but has no luck. A punch from Bretton connects, but there was no real power behind it. Bretton fakes Shomen out cleverly, and slips to a half mount. Shomen manages to hit a firm elbow, then is forced to defend the full mount attempt. Bretton switches tactics and tries to work a kimura on the other arm, but Shomen blocks it, squirms his leg free, and secures the guard again. Bretton looks frustrated at losing the half mount after having worked so hard to get it in the first place. Shomen is liable to lose the round on points, but he has done a fine job of defending the submissions attempts so far. Bretton tries to secure a leglock, but the guard is tight and Shomen is safe. End of round 1. Blurcat.com gives that one to Bretton by 10-9. [B]Round 2[/B] Shomen is the first to score a meaningful blow, tagging Bretton with a jab to the cheek. Bretton uses a nice straight left to return fire. Shomen comes in to work the body, but Bretton saw it coming and uses a quick takedown to put Shomen onto the floor, falling into guard. Bretton tries to grab an arm to work a submission, but Shomen is defending it well by using short, sharp strikes to keep him back. Bretton tries to pass the guard, but has no luck. A punch from Bretton connects, but there was no real power behind it. Bretton fakes Shomen out cleverly, and slips to a half mount. Shomen manages to hit a firm elbow, then is forced to defend the full mount attempt. Bretton switches tactics and tries to work a kimura on the other arm, but Shomen blocks it, squirms his leg free, and secures the guard again. Bretton looks frustrated at losing the half mount after having worked so hard to get it in the first place. Shomen is liable to lose the round on points, but he has done a fine job of defending the submissions attempts so far. Bretton tries to secure a leglock, but the guard is tight and Shomen is safe. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Bretton. [B]Round 3[/B] Bretton is quickest out, and comes at Shomen with a series of jabs and straight punches. Shomen covered up well, and I don't think anything got through. Shomen hits a body shot, but it didn't connect solidly. They get in close, and it's Bretton who takes it to the ground. Shomen pulls guard. There's a lull, as Bretton tries to pass, and Shomen defends it. Punches get thrown every so often, but it's really a stalemate at the moment. Shomen almost gets a guillotine, but it's blocked and almost leads to a kimura for Bretton, but that too goes nowhere. The referee stands them up, but the time is almost over. The round is over. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Bretton. [B]Round 4[/B] They start the round with an exchange of strikes, all from fairly long range as they circle and try to work angles. None of the blows did any damage, either missing or being straight into the opponent's gloves. Shomen is the first to land a worthwhile blow, hitting a straight right that catches Bretton on the side of the cheek. Shomen follows up by backing him up against the cage, throws a couple of big punches, but gets pulled into a clinch without doing any serious damage. Bretton goes for a trip and almost gets it, but Shomen is able to regain his footing at the last moment. Bretton has Shomen against the cage, and hits three right hands to the side of the ribs. Shomen reaches down and picks up a leg, using that as leverage to topple Bretton, who pulls guard. Shomen starts pounding away and does some damage before Bretton grapples and pulls him down into a clinch. Bretton has both of Shomen's arms tied up, preventing much in the way of attacking action. Shomen uses some shoulder shrugs to the face, but Bretton isn't going to be too bothered by that. Shomen pulls one arm free. Bretton still has tight control of the other, and brings his legs up, trying to apply an armbar. Shomen sees it coming and blocks it easily, getting in a couple of punches for good measure. Shomen steps through the legs and forces Bretton to release the arm so that he can cover up against a series of strikes. Bretton manages to ensare one leg though, and so Shomen has to make do with being in half guard instead of getting the full mount that he wanted. Shomen hits a couple of punches, takes one back, then attempts to get side control. Bretton keeps him at bay. Time is ticking away, if Shomen is going to use this position to finish the match, it had better be done soon. Shomen pulls Bretton's left arm to one side and straightens it out, perhaps looking to turn it into an armbar. Bretton rolls over to stop the arm getting trapped. Shomen continues to work for it though. Time expires though, the round is over. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Shomen. [B]Round 5[/B] Bretton starts the round like a house on fire, hitting three quick jabs and a vicious right hook. Shomen covered up well, but at least one of the jabs got through and landed above the left eye. Shomen backs up to buy some time, but Bretton keeps coming and lands a right hand to the body. Shomen scores with a jab in return, then goes with a kick to the waist. Bretton catches the leg though and quickly rushes forward with a takedown. Shomen pulls guard. Bretton stands into a half-crouching position, dragging Shomen's guard with him. Shomen reaches up, parries away a couple of strikes, and tries to grab an arm to apply an armbar to. Bretton knocks the attempt away and nails a hard shot to the ribs before reaching over and trying to nail a downward punch to the chin. Shomen blocks it. Bretton floats over and gets into side control. Shomen scrambles to try and get back up, but is too close to the cage, which works against him. Bretton lays in a couple of punches to the chest to soften Shomen up, then tries to move up and isolate one of the arms. Shomen makes sure to bring his body around to give him as much protection as possible. It works, as Bretton can't get either arm isolated properly. Bretton changes tactics and tries to get into crucifix position. Shomen fights it for as long as he possibly can, but eventually gets caught. The length of struggle is, in itself, a good defence though, as the round ends before Bretton can do anything with the position he has achieved, which will frustrate him enormously. The fifth round is over. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Bretton. The official scores are: 49-46 from all three judges for Nicholas Bretton. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Nicholas Bretton def. Sinali Shomen bu Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 5 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]I honestly didn’t expect Shomen to last as long as he did. Kudos to him for making it to the finish.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/JemaineMcKenzie.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/WayneMcKellencopy.png[/IMG] Jemaine McKenzie[B]-VS-[/B] Wayne McKellen 26 [B]- Age -[/B] 23 6’0 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 205 [B]- Weight -[/B] 202 7-4 [B]- Record -[/B] 7-4 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] The two fighters meet in the center with an exchange of jabs, but neither gets anything but gloves or air. They go right into a clinch, with only a few seconds of the match gone. McKenzie gets a knee to the ribs in, but it wasn't particularly hard. They break. McKellen hits a low kick, then moves in for a jab. McKenzie saw it coming and unloads with an enormous punch to the jaw. McKellen goes down immediately, he has been knocked clean out by the power of McKenzie. The official time of the knock out is 1:43 of round 1. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Jemaine McKenzie def. Wayne McKellen by Knock Out in 1:43 of round 1 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]I am truly amazed as I thought McKellen would win this one. Wow is all I can say.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/JeremySproule.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/DatukOngKaTingcopy.png[/IMG] Jermey Sproule [B]-VS-[/B] Datuk Ong Ka Ting 26 [B]- Age -[/B] 21 5’5 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’10 165 [B]- Weight -[/B] 165 6-4 [B]- Record -[/B] 2-1 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Slow start, both fighters are throwing tentative punches without threatening anything more powerful. Datuk puts together the first exciting moment, stringing together four punches in quick succession, but Sproule defended well. Straight right from Sproule in response, but it caught nothing but gloves. They start circling. The referee tells them to fight, the lack of action so far is worrying. They get in close and exchange body shots, Datuk probably getting the slightly better punches in, and then fall into a clinch. That goes nowhere, and the referee separates them. Sproule gets a nice kick in just before the time expires, but it's unlikely that is going to stop the judges giving that round to Datuk. End of round 1. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Datuk. [B]Round 2[/B] Slow start; nearly a full minute of circling, occasional fakes, and long-range jabs. Neither fighter is creating much. Sproule works an angle, but takes a low kick to the shin when he advances. They clinch, and end up with Datuk backed up against the cage. Sproule gets a couple of right hands to the body, but his attempts at knee strikes are deflected by Datuk, who uses his legs well to defend. Sproule pulls free and takes a step back, then powers in a right hand. Datuk gets out the way, ducks under a second right hand, and backs up to the center. Sproule follows, and we're back to circling. Uninspiring action so far, they've both been fairly devoid of inspiration. Sproule hits a couple of right hands, both hitting gloves, then a left hand to the body that connected. That was the best shot of the round so far. Datuk tags him with a flicked jab to the cheek, but it had virtually no power on it. Datuk leans in to a looping left, but it puts him off balance and it's only at the last second that he gets his chin out of the way of a vicious right cross that comes back. If that had hit, we may have had a knock out. Time runs out with them standing, circling again. The round ends. Blurcat.com scores 10-9 Sproule. [B]Round 3[/B] Exchange of punches to start, nothing really hit though. They go into a clinch, and the pace disappears as both fighters try and get the advantage. Eventually the referee separates them. Jab from Datuk, who then has to react quickly to avoid a right hook that was aimed right at the chin. Datuk puts on a burst of energy and fires off a big sequence of punches, maybe twelve or thirteen in a row, although not many actually connected. Sproule covered up well, and gets in a couple of shots of his own before moving out of range again. Both fighters circle. Low kick from Sproule, almost to the groin, although it didn't look intentional. They come together in a clinch again, and it returns to a stalemate. Not a great round by anyone's standard, but that flurry should mean that Datuk will take the round on points. End of round 3. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Datuk. [B]Round 4[/B] Datuk starts fast, firing off several crisp jabs that keep Sproule on the back foot. A solid left hits gloves, but it's really just a set-up for Datuk to step in and use an uppercut. Not sure how much of it caught Sproule, but certainly enough to to make him grab a clinch to stop any further punishment. Great start to the round from Datuk, it has been total domination so far. The clinch is broken, and the two fighters exchange some long range jabs that are easily avoided. Sproule is looking a little lost so far, Datuk is controlling this round by virtue of his crisp accurate punches and higher aggression levels. Datuk is looking the fitter of the two at this stage in the round. Datuk leads with the left, then moves in and gets in a wicked right hand that grazes the cheek. Sproule was fortunate there, if that had landed properly it would have been over. Sproule comes back with a leg kick to set up a one-two combination, but the round is coming to a close and it's going to be too little too late. The one bright spot for Sproule is that although Datuk clearly won the round, he didn't actually turn that dominance into any sort of real damage. The round ends. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Datuk. [B]Round 5[/B] The fighters come together right in the center. Sproule throws out a jab, but Datuk bobs out of the way and uses a right hand to glance a blow off the side of the ribs in response. Datuk works an angle and storms in suddenly with three crisp jabs and a looping overhand punch, Sproule covered up quickly but at least one of the jabs hit home. Datuk is making Sproule look sluggish in comparison, such is the speed and crispness with which he is delivering strikes. Sproule hits a low kick before back-pedalling to avoid a clubbing blow. Other than a few half-hearted jabs, there's been a definite lull over the past minute. They meet in the center to exchange a flurry of strikes that gets the crowd on their feet. Datuk got slightly the better of it, he definitely snuck through a right hand that rocked Sproule slightly. Sproule initiates a clinch, and the action grinds to a halt. Sproule looks out of ideas, he is being repeatedly lured into these exchange of strikes, but Datuk is clearly winning them. Sproule needs to find some way to deal with them. Not much time left in this round. The referee separates them. Datuk tries a speculative high kick, but Sproule saw it coming and was well out of range by the time it came. Sproule tries to work an angle, but Datuk is having none of it and fires off a straight right hand to keep him from stepping in. Comfortable round for Datuk, he will probably be disappointed not to have done more damage given his dominance of the striking in this round. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Datuk. The official scores are in; two judges give 49-46, the other 50-45, all for Datuk Ong Ka Ting. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Datuk Ong Ka Ting def. Jeremy Sproule by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 5 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Hmmm… The outcome is what I expected it to be, yet I didn’t think it would come to a judges decision.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/HenningOlsen.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/MiddleweightTitle.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/ThorbjornRekdalcopy.png[/IMG] Henning Olsen [B]-VS-[/B] Thorbjorn Rekdal 23 [B]- Age -[/B] 26 5’10 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 173 [B]- Weight -[/B] 201 5-2 [B]- Record -[/B] 7-2-1 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Olsen leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, Rekdal deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. Rekdal uses a knee to the ribs before backing Olsen up against the cage. Right hand from Olsen connects though, that was well timed. Rekdal breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, Olsen was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from Rekdal sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. Olsen fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. They come together, both throwing punches. Rekdal gets a nice clean shot in, and Olsen stumbles backwards and falls to the floor. Rekdal is on top of him quickly, and unloads with two more big punches, both connect solidly. The referee jumps in and pulls him away before a third is thrown, this match is over by TKO. Replays show the referee may have been slightly early. The official time is 4:47. Thorbjorn Rekdal successfully retains the WFC Middleweight Title title. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Thorbjorn Rekdal def. Henning Olsen by TKO in 4:47 of round 1 to retain the WFC Middleweight Title [B](**)[/B] [QUOTE]Rekdal’s a monster. I’m still trying to figure out how he lost to Gleeson at WFC 1 actually.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="5"][U]POST-SHOW:[/U][/SIZE] [B][U]RANKINGS:[/U][/B] [B]Middleweight division:[/B] 1. Thorbjorn Rekdal (1199) 3. Percy Catcher (1050) 5. Vladislav Georgi (1050) 4. Kelly Agg (1044) 2. Henning Olsen (1027) [B]Lightweight division:[/B] 1. Darin Blood (1094) 2. Datuk Ong Ka Ting (1090) 3. Eli Harris (1087) 4. Luke Hilton (1054) 5. Milenko Rudonja (1050) [B][U]NEWS:[/U][/B] [B]Current Funds:[/B] $68.950[/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC9.jpg[/IMG] WFC 9 will be an important page in our history book. At WFC 9 the first ever WFC Lightweight champion will stand up. Two young guys, ‘The Save’ Datuk Ong Ka Ting and ‘Dangerous’ Darin Blood will go at it for the first time in their young careers. Blood has been the first Middleweight Champion as well. The majority on blurcat.com thinks Ka Ting will win. But at this point in time I think no one really knows. In the undercard we have Rudonja taking on the debuting Duane Weatherly, who fought for GAMMA earlier this year. So he should be tough if you know where he comes from. There’s also Brandon Sugar taking on Scott Gillespie. Sugar is said to have a lot of potential. He can show it off against Gillespie who clearly is the underdog in this match. Other matces are Roy Lynch vs. Cory Brewer, Clement vs. Watanabe and Malley vs. Campbell.
[B]WFC Lightweight Title Match:[/B] Datuk Ong Ka Ting vs. Darin Blood [B]Lightweight Division:[/B] Milenko Rudonja vs. Duane Weatherly [B]Lightweight Division:[/B] Brandon Sugar vs. Scott Gillespie [B]Lightweight Division:[/B] Roy Lynch vs. Cory Brewer [B]Middleweight Division:[/B] Bret Clement vs. Kingo Watanabe [B]Middleweight Division:[/B] Nigel Malley vs. Lon Campbell[/CENTER]

WFC Lightweight Title Match: Datuk Ong Ka Ting vs. [B]Darin Blood[/B] Lightweight Division: [B]Milenko Rudonja[/B] vs. Duane Weatherly Lightweight Division: Brandon Sugar vs. [B]Scott Gillespie[/B] Lightweight Division: Roy Lynch vs. [B]Cory Brewer[/B] Middleweight Division: Bret Clement vs. [B]Kingo Watanabe[/B] Middleweight Division: [B]Nigel Malley[/B] vs. Lon Campbell

[CENTER] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC9.jpg[/IMG] [B]Date: 1997, August, Week 2, Friday Location: Western Europe Attendance: 201 (live gate: $13.370)[/B]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/NigelMalley.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/LonCampbell.png[/IMG] Nigel Malley [B]-VS-[/B] Lon Campbell 34 [B]- Age -[/B] 22 6’1 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 205 [B]- Weight -[/B] 177 8-10-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 0-1 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Campbell misses an uppercut and is off balance, which allows Malley to get the takedown. Side mount. Malley is looking for an armbar, but Campbell is defending it well. Campbell gets a nice elbow in, that caught Malley by surprise. Malley fires off several elbows to the ribs, and Campbell is left gasping for air. Those were hard, there's a big red patch where they hit. Malley takes the left arm, Campbell couldn't defend it any longer. The armbar is applied, there's no way out. Malley wins by tap out. The official time of the armbar submission is 0:55 of round 1. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Nigel Malley def. Lon Campbell by Submission in 0:55 of round 1 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Quite frankly put… Campell sucks. I hired Malley to get my big guns who are on a losing streak back in the winning mood (Yup, hired him to be a can). Decided to give him a somewhat similar skilled opponent and Campbell loses in less than a minute. Guess I found my new can.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/BretClementcopy.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/KingoWatanabe.png[/IMG] Bret Clement [B]-VS-[/B] Kingo Watanabe 23 [B]- Age -[/B] 22 5’9 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’11 169 [B]- Weight -[/B] 171 4-4-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 2-2 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Clement starts brightly by throwing some looping punches. Defended well by Watanabe. They circle, throwing tentative jabs. Watanabe goes for a single leg and puts Clement on the floor, but he is up very quickly, preventing Watanabe from getting on top. Clement definitely seems to want to keep this standing. Watanabe hits a nice jab, avoids a counter left hook, then comes in low and takes down Clement again. This time Clement isn't able to get up, and has to pull guard. Times ticking away though, Watanabe will have to hurry to finish. He goes for an armbar, but Clement defends. Watanabe tries to slip past to get side control, but Clement just about manages to keep guard. A second attempt works though, and Watanabe has the side. Two big elbows land, and Clement seems in trouble. Watanabe goes for the kimura, but can't quite get it. The time expires before he can try again, and the referee separates them. The round is over. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Watanabe. [B]Round 2[/B] Watanabe is forced onto the backfoot almost immediately, having to retreat to avoid a series of sharp jabs. He ends up with his back to the cage, with Clement advancing. A sharp right misses, and Watanabe takes the opportunity to pull Clement in to a tight clinch against the cage. Clement tries to break free, but cannot. It looks like we know the strategies for this round already; Clement wants to stand and bang, Watanabe wants to keep things at close quarters. Clement tries for an elbow, but only succeeds in getting turned around so that he is now the one against the cage. Trip from Watanabe, and we're down to the ground. Watanabe has side control, but Clement has landed with his left hand side against the cage, so that side of the body is basically safe for now. Watanabe will have to try to work the right-hand side, and starts by ramming a knee into the ribs. Clement tries to squirm into a better position, but Watanabe puts a stop to that with a stiff elbow to the stomach. Watanabe tries to work a kimura on the right arm, but Clement defends it. Clement manages to bring a knee up and catch Watanabe in the side, something of a cheeky move given his position. Watanabe responds with five or six rapid-fire right hands to the face, but Clement covers up and doesn't take any serious damage at all. Time is ticking away though, and so far Watanabe may be easily winning the round, but he is not taking full advantage of this great position. Watanabe tries to float over into a mount, but Clement uses the cage to push away and manages to unbalance Watanabe enough to get to a kneeling position, then standing, albeit back into a clinch. A knee from Watanabe is the last action of the round. End of the round. Blurcat.com gives that one to Watanabe by 10-9. [B]Round 3[/B] Watanabe starts the round by throwing some low kicks. Clement checks them, then comes in and clearly wants to trade punches. Watanabe doesn't seem too bothered by that, and they enter into the first exchange of punches of the round. Difficult to say who came out on top, neither of them did a great deal of damage, most of the shots hit the opponent's gloves. Watanabe cleverly head-fakes, allowing him the time and angle that he needed to catch Clement with a beauty of a right hook. Clement stumbles backward, but doesn't go down. Watanabe presses the advantage by following in with a kick, then a right hand. Clement clinches. They remain clinched for a while. Clement scores with a nice knee, it appeared to catch Watanabe in the gut. Watanabe uses a single leg trip and takes the fight to the ground. Watanabe gets to side control upon impact, and immediately goes for an armbar. Clement reacts quickly, but is in real danger. Watanabe has his left arm straightened out, fortunately Clement has managed to roll and get a good position that is stopping Watanabe from getting the leverage needed to apply an armlock. Watanabe tries to step over and fully apply it, but Clement breaks free and gets him to back off with a couple of up-kicks. Watanabe steps back and motions for him to stand up. They go back to circling in the center. Clement hits a nice right hand, but takes one back too. The time runs down; Watanabe will probably get that round on points, he hit the best punch of the round, and got the only takedown, plus was the one who was working toward a submission. End of round 3. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Watanabe. [B]Round 4[/B] Clement leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, Watanabe deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. Watanabe uses a knee to the ribs before backing Clement up against the cage. Right hand from Clement connects though, that was well timed. Watanabe breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, Clement was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from Watanabe sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. Clement fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. Watanabe hits three straight jabs, but they all connect with nothing but gloves. Clement fires one back, off target, and then comes in close to land a body shot. That stings Watanabe, and also allows Clement to follow up with a takedown straight after. Clement is looking dangerous. He fires off a couple of punches, and one gets through. A third is attempted, but that gives Watanabe the opportunity he needed, and Clement gets swept, ending up underneath in side control. Watanabe fires off three punches of his own, two connecting solidly above the eye. Watanabe moves up into a dominant position, totally controlling the head and left arm of Clement, and looking for a kimura. Clement is trying to stop it, but he is in a really poor position and cannot get any sort of leverage. Watanabe sinks it in, and Clement has to tap out. Official time of the kimura submission is 4:49 of the fourth. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Kingo Watanabe def. Bret Clement by Submission in 4:49 of round 4 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Well, Clement who I saw as a decent competitor lost to my other can. Looks like the cans have decided to start a riot or something. If they keep performing like this I’ll have to give them a title shot one day.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/RoyLynch.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/CoryBrewer.png[/IMG] Roy Lynch [B]-VS-[/B] Cory Brewer 23 [B]- Age -[/B] 29 5’5 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’10 165 [B]- Weight -[/B] 165 1-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 7-4-1 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Lynch leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, Brewer deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. Brewer uses a knee to the ribs before backing Lynch up against the cage. Right hand from Lynch connects though, that was well timed. Brewer breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, Lynch was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from Brewer sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. Lynch fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. Lynch misses with a right hand, and leaves himself open to a left hook. Lynch goes down, although replays confirm that it was a stumble, Brewer was a few inches away from connecting with that left. Brewer tries to quickly mount Lynch to capitalise, but doesn't get there in time, Lynch is already half way back up. They enagage in a fairly ragged scramble for supremacy and Lynch slips out and gets his back! Lynch gets one arm in and snakes it around the throat of Brewer, squeezing his wind-pipe shut. Brewer tries to pull the arm free, but can't, and so rolls over in a last-ditch effort to break free. It is to no avail though, as that allows Lynch to get a body-scissors in too. With no alternatives left, Brewer taps out. Official time of the rear choke submission is 4:18 of the first round. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Roy Lynch def. Cory Brewer by Submission in 4:18 of round 1 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Surprising result if you compare their wages. Brewer costs 2500 a fight and Lynch 100. Looks like this is the day of the upsets. If Gillespie wins it’s complete.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/ScottGillespie.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/BrandonSugar.png[/IMG] Scott Gillespie [B]-VS-[/B] Brandon Sugar 22 [B]- Age -[/B] 26 5’9 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’6 165 [B]- Weight -[/B] 165 4-3 [B]- Record -[/B] 8-3 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Sugar comes out fast, but gets hit with a counter right hand strike when he throws a left hand which was too high. Gillespie moves in and hits a nice body shot before they clinch. Sugar gets in a short, sharp jab to the side of the head, it looked to hit right on the ear. Gillespie didn't like that, and scores with two knee strikes and a punch to the cheek. They break apart. Gillespie swings and hits a nice right hand. Sugar fires off a series of sharp jabs, all hitting gloves. He throws out a looping left, but gets tagged with a punch to the jaw and stumbles to the ground! Gillespie dives in to finish him off, but he scrambles back up quickly and they end up facing off on their feet again. Replays show that the punch barely connected, it was more of a stumble on Sugar's part than anything else. It might not look that way to the judges though. Gillespie looks more confident after that, and puts together a nice chain of strikes, ending with a scathing low kick that catches Sugar on the outside of the calf. He definitely felt that. Time is running out; Gillespie will probably take this round on the judges' score cards, primarily due to that one dubious knock down. The round is over. Blurcat.com gives that one to Gillespie by 10-9. [B]Round 2[/B] Gillespie scores with a low kick to the outside of the knee, then backs off. Those will take their toll. Sugar responds with a right hand that hits gloves, a left hook to the body that stings Gillespie, then throws a spectacular head kick that connects! Gillespie was backing off after those two punches and didn't see it coming, he goes sailing backward, his body entirely limp. Sugar has knocked Gillespie out cold with one brutally powerful kick. The official time is 0:30. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Brandon Sugar def. Scott Gillespie by Knock Out in 0:30 of round 2 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Somewhat as I expected. Gillespie isn’t a complete can, but he ain’t no superman either. Sugar is good though.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/MilenkoRudonja.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/DuaneWeatherly.png[/IMG] Milenko Rudonja [B]-VS-[/B] Duane Weatherly 25 [B]- Age -[/B] 29 5’6 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’5 165 [B]- Weight -[/B] 165 8-3 [B]- Record -[/B] 10-9 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] They come together, both throwing punches. Weatherly gets a nice clean shot in, and Rudonja stumbles backwards and falls to the floor. Weatherly is on top of him quickly, and unloads with two more big punches, both connect solidly. The referee jumps in and pulls him away before a third is thrown, this match is over by TKO. Replays show the referee may have been slightly early. The official time of the TKO is 0:38 of round 1. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Duane Weatherly def. Milenko Rudonja by TKO in 0:38 of round 1 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Ouch. These two were supposed to be evenly matched.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/DatukOngKaTingcopy.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/DarinBloodcopy.png[/IMG] Datuk Ong Ka Ting [B]-VS-[/B] Darin Blood 22 [B]- Age -[/B] 25 5’10 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’11 165 [B]- Weight -[/B] 165 3-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 5-1 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Blood starts brightly by throwing some looping punches. Defended well by Datuk. They circle, throwing tentative jabs. Datuk goes for a single leg and puts Blood on the floor, but he is up very quickly, preventing Datuk from getting on top. Blood definitely seems to want to keep this standing. Datuk hits a nice jab, avoids a counter left hook, then comes in low and takes down Blood again. This time Blood isn't able to get up, and has to pull guard. Times ticking away though, Datuk will have to hurry to finish. He goes for an armbar, but Blood defends. Datuk tries to slip past to get side control, but Blood just about manages to keep guard. A second attempt works though, and Datuk has the side. Two big elbows land, and Blood seems in trouble. Datuk goes for the kimura, but can't quite get it. The time expires before he can try again, and the referee separates them. The 1st round ends. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Datuk. [B]Round 2[/B] Tentative circling to begin with. They meet in the center, but quickly fall into a clinch. Blood gets a nice shot in to the ribs. Datuk gets a pair of punches to the side of the head, but they lacked power. The referee breaks them up eventually. Blood presses forward, flicking out straight rights. Datuk leans in to throw a looping left hand. Blood avoids it, and it allows him to throw a powerful counter punch that catches Datuk right above the ear. Great punch. Blood moves in and throws a devastating right hand. Datuk just about manages to parry it, but it still caught him on the shoulder. Datuk throws a right hand counter, but Blood swats it aside and lands a big left to the chest. Datuk clinches up again. So far, Blood's power is allowing him to control this round, Datuk is simply being out-gunned thus far. They end up next to the cage. Datuk gets in a couple of nasty right hands to the chest. That's the first time this round that he looks to have actually hurt Blood. Blood pushes Datuk up against the cage and unloads with three big right hands. One got through and caught Datuk above the left eye, the other two hit home across the chest. Datuk clinches up again to avoid getting obliterated, and the round ends before they are broken up. End of the round. Blurcat.com gives that one to Blood by 10-9. [B]Round 3[/B] Blood doesn't waste any time, scoring with a big right hook almost immediately. Datuk was caught sleeping, and that really landed hard, if it had been more accurate it might have been a knock out blow. Datuk hits two sharp body shots in return, but it's clear that he is rattled. Datuk throws out a few jabs, nothing too dangerous though, Blood easily avoided them. They get in close and exchange punches, it's not clear who got the better of that. Blood hits a good looping punch to the side of the head, that's another one that's rattled Datuk. Blood is getting more force behind his punches at the moment, and that's the key difference. Datuk is looking the slightly more fit of the two fighters. Time ticks away, and Datuk offers nothing that would make you think that he has any chance of winning this round on points. The round ends. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Blood. [B]Round 4[/B] Datuk starts the round by throwing some low kicks. Blood checks them, then comes in and clearly wants to trade punches. Datuk doesn't seem too bothered by that, and they enter into the first exchange of punches of the round. Difficult to say who came out on top, neither of them did a great deal of damage, most of the shots hit the opponent's gloves. Datuk cleverly head-fakes, allowing him the time and angle that he needed to catch Blood with a beauty of a right hook. Blood stumbles backward, but doesn't go down. Datuk presses the advantage by following in with a kick, then a right hand. Blood clinches. They remain clinched for a while. Blood scores with a nice knee, it appeared to catch Datuk in the gut. Datuk uses a single leg trip and takes the fight to the ground. Datuk gets to side control upon impact, and immediately goes for an armbar. Blood reacts quickly, but is in real danger. Datuk has his left arm straightened out, fortunately Blood has managed to roll and get a good position that is stopping Datuk from getting the leverage needed to apply an armlock. Datuk tries to step over and fully apply it, but Blood breaks free and gets him to back off with a couple of up-kicks. Datuk steps back and motions for him to stand up. They go back to circling in the center. Blood hits a nice right hand, but takes one back too. The time runs down; Datuk will probably get that round on points, he hit the best punch of the round, and got the only takedown, plus was the one who was working toward a submission. End of round 4. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Datuk. [B]Round 5[/B] Exchange of punches to start, nothing really hit though. They go into a clinch, and the pace disappears as both fighters try and get the advantage. Eventually the referee separates them. Jab from Blood, who then has to react quickly to avoid a right hook that was aimed right at the chin. Blood puts on a burst of energy and fires off a big sequence of punches, maybe twelve or thirteen in a row, although not many actually connected. Datuk covered up well, and gets in a couple of shots of his own before moving out of range again. Other than a few half-hearted jabs, there's been a definite lull over the past minute. Low kick from Datuk, almost to the groin, although it didn't look intentional. They come together in a clinch again, and it returns to a stalemate. Not a great round by anyone's standard, but that flurry should mean that Blood will take the round on points. The round ends. Blurcat.com gives that one to Blood by 10-9. Darin Blood wins, getting voted for by all three judges. Darin Blood wins the WFC Lightweight Title title. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Darin Blood def. Datuk Ong Ka Ting by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 5 to win the WFC Lightweight Title [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]Talk about a close match-up! Too bad the rating sucks.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="5"]POST-SHOW:[/SIZE] [B][U]RANKINGS:[/U][/B] [B]Middleweight division:[/B] 1. Thorbjorn Rekdal (1199) 3. Percy Catcher (1050) 5. Vladislav Georgi (1050) 4. Kelly Agg (1044) 2. Henning Olsen (1027) [B]Lightweight division:[/B] 1. Darin Blood (1143) 2. Eli Harris (1087) 3. Duane Weatherly (1057) 4. Luke Hilton (1054) 5. Roy Lynch (1050) [B][U]NEWS:[/U][/B] Kingo Watanabe and Nigel Malley both wanted an improved contract. [B]Current Funds:[/B] $100.455[/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC10.jpg[/IMG] At WFC 10 we will see the huge WFC debut of ‘The Mack Attack’ Petey Mack. A fighter feared for his fantastic stand-up game. But he isn’t going at it against no pushover either! Percy ‘The Edge’ Catcher is a great stand-up fighter as well. Both guys are on a winning streak, so it should make for a great bout. The second match will be interesting as well as the ever unpredictable Sinali Shomen takes on Luke Hilton. Hilton scored a somewhat surprising TKO victory over Truck Gleeson whereas Shomen lost his last match to Nicholas Bretton by decision. The rest of the card features the two fairly fresh fighters Kelly Agg vs. Vladislav Georgi, Kenny Magilton vs. Eli Harris, who now has a loss on his record due to losing to Lukas Mellberg by decision. An unfair fight in our opinion, but whatever. Then there’s Francis O’Leary who has announced that he will retire after this match against Truck Gleeson. Gleeson already joked that O’Leary would have to retire after fighting him anyway. The opening match is Zachary Gilbert vs. Dante Holdsworth.
[B]Middleweight Division:[/B] Petey Mack (6-1) vs. Percy Catcher (8-2) [B]Lightweight Division:[/B] Sinali Shomen (5-4) vs. Luke Hilton (5-1) [B]Middleweight Division:[/B] Kelly Agg (2-1) vs. Vladislav Georgi (1-0) [B]Lightweight Division:[/B] Kenny Magilton III (5-3) vs. Eli Harris (3-1) [B]Lightweight Division:[/B] Francis O’Leary (1-3) vs. Truck Gleeson (9-3) [B]Middleweight Division:[/B] Zachary Gilbert (7-6) vs. Dante Holdsworth (4-3)[/CENTER]

Middleweight Division: [b]Petey Mack (6-1)[/b] vs. Percy Catcher (8-2) Lightweight Division: Sinali Shomen (5-4) vs. [b]Luke Hilton (5-1)[/b] Middleweight Division: [b]Kelly Agg (2-1)[/b] vs. Vladislav Georgi (1-0) Lightweight Division: Kenny Magilton III (5-3) vs. [b]Eli Harris (3-1)[/b] Lightweight Division: Francis O’Leary (1-3) vs. [b]Truck Gleeson (9-3)[/b] Middleweight Division: Zachary Gilbert (7-6) vs. [b]Dante Holdsworth (4-3)[/b] Also, could you repost the exact division set-up in thw WFC?

Middleweight Division: [B]Petey Mack (6-1)[/B] vs. Percy Catcher (8-2) Lightweight Division: Sinali Shomen (5-4) vs. [B]Luke Hilton (5-1)[/B] Middleweight Division: [B]Kelly Agg (2-1)[/B] vs. Vladislav Georgi (1-0) Lightweight Division: Kenny Magilton III (5-3) vs. [B]Eli Harris (3-1) [/B] Lightweight Division: Francis O’Leary (1-3) vs. [B]Truck Gleeson (9-3) [/B] Middleweight Division: Zachary Gilbert (7-6) vs. [B]Dante Holdsworth (4-3)[/B]

Archived