World Fighting Championship: Conquering the world with $10.000

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=javier_83;333789]if you have plans to make a rematch with Gleeson, or another defense??[/QUOTE] I plan on letting him defend it against the #1 Contender at WFC 6. Except if Gleeson is the #1 Contender as the people in Western Europe are not really interested in a rematch at the moment.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC4.jpg[/IMG] [B]Date: 1996, December, Week 4, Friday Location: Western Europe Attendance: 64 (Live gate $4.480)[/B]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/BretClementcopy.png[/IMG] [B]VS[/B] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/WayneMcKellencopy.png[/IMG] Bret Clement [B]-VS-[/B] Wayne McKellen 23 [B]- Age -[/B] 23 5’9 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 169 [B]- Weight -[/B] 202 3-3-1[B] - Record -[/B] 5-2 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] McKellen leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, Clement deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. Clement uses a knee to the ribs before backing McKellen up against the cage. Right hand from McKellen connects though, that was well timed. Clement breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, McKellen was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from Clement sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. McKellen fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. McKellen moves in close and hits a left hook to the body. Clement steps back, and suddenly fires off a roundhouse kick. McKellen didn't see it coming, and it lands right behind his ear. McKellen is down, knocked out cold, and the referee is quick to step in and stop Clement from inflicting any more damage. Official time of the knock out is 3:25 of the first round. ------ [B]Result:[/B] Bret Clement def. Wayne McKellen by Knock Out in 3:25 of round 1 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]I honestly didn’t see this one coming. Knocking out a decent competitor that has a weight advantage of 33lbs isn’t bad at all. Perhaps I underestimated Clement a bit.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/ScottGillespie.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/ZacharyGilbert.png[/IMG] Scott Gillespie [B]-VS-[/B] Zachary Gilbert 22 [B]- Age -[/B] 25 5’9 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 159 [B]- Weight -[/B] 171 2-2 [B]- Record -[/B] 6-4 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Gillespie hits two body shots, then comes in low under an attempted right cross and uses a single leg to take Gilbert down. Nicely done. Gilbert pulls guard. Gillespie moves from the guard and gets side control. He is trying for the mount, but Gilbert is defending it. There's a small lull as Gillespie continues to try and get the mount. There it is, Gilbert finally couldn't stop it. Gillespie starts firing off punches, and Gilbert has nowhere to go. A big elbow gets through. A right hand lands on the nose of Gilbert. The referee is watching intently, I don't think he's going to let this go much longer unless Gilbert can come up with some answers. Gillespie hits another big elbow. And another. The referee leaps in, it's over! Official time of the TKO is 0:17 of the first. ------ [B]Result:[/B] Scott Gillespie def. Zachary Gilbert by TKO in 0:17 of round 1 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]I expected Gillespie to win, but not in 17 seconds. Nice stuff from him, I’m impressed.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/ThorbjornRekdalcopy.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/DanteHoldsworth.png[/IMG] Thorbjorn Rekdal [B]-VS-[/B] Dante Holdsworth 25 [B]- Age -[/B] 19 6’0 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 201 [B]- Weight -[/B] 205 4-2-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 4-0 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] The fighters touch gloves, then circle. Rekdal throws a low kick, but it was without any conviction, it seemed designed more to keep Holdsworth from coming inside. Rekdal works an angle, then comes in with a one-two combination, Holdsworth responds with a crisp uppercut that wasn't far off from connecting. Rekdal backs off slightly, maybe a bit relieved not to have taken that one on the chin. Neither fighter appears to be looking for any sort of takedown or grapple, this is all about the striking. Holdsworth circles and throws a series of high jabs, but Rekdal blocked them with ease, using the gloves. Rekdal fakes a high kick, then storms in with a wild looking right hand and a series of body shots. Holdsworth covers up and rides out the storm, clinching to stop any further blows. It was a nice attack from Rekdal though, best action of the round. They stay clinched for a while, exchanging occasional punches to the ribs, then are separated by the referee. It looks like this round is going to the judges though, as there's only a few seconds remaining. Rekdal throws a leg kick that connects, albeit without too much force, and the round is done. End of round 1. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Rekdal. [B]Round 2[/B] Holdsworth starts fast, coming out almost immediately with a three punch combination. None of them get through, and Rekdal manages to squeeze a jab of his own through and score just above the left cheek. They exchange a flurry of blows right in the center, it's difficult to see who got the best of it, and both of them retreat a few steps to recover. Good start to the round, early indications are that this is going to be all about the striking, neither fighter has even hinted at going for a takedown. Rekdal uses a low kick to set up a nice right hand, and Holdsworth is forced back against the cage. Rekdal picks his shots and gets a big punch to the body in. Holdsworth uses a couple of looping punches to make Rekdal keep back, but it doesn't last for long, as Rekdal bursts forward and hits two big right hands, taking a counter punch to the body though, and they wind up in a clinch. They exchange weak-looking blows from that position, before the referee grows tired of the inactivity and breaks them apart. Holdsworth scores with a low kick. Both fighters circle. Rekdal unwinds a right hook that narrowly misses. That will be the last action of the round though. The round is over. Blurcat.com gives that one to Rekdal by 10-9. [B]Round 3[/B] The round begins, and it is Rekdal who starts better, energetically bounding straight into action by throwing a three-punch combination and a scything leg kick. Holdsworth defended all four blows well, but is forced to be on the backfoot right from the word go. Rekdal works for an angle, coming in from the left hand side with a high right hand. Holdsworth ducks under it and nestles a stiff jab in the solar plexus. It doesn't seem to slow Rekdal down much though, as he swiftly turns and hits a crisp left to the side of the head, followed almost instantly by a mid-level kick that smacks above the hip of Holdsworth. Interesting first minute of action, Rekdal is looking particularly sharp. Holdsworth tries to turn the momentum by advancing quickly and driving Rekdal back against the cage with a series of jabs and hooks, and they end up clinched. Holdsworth tries a knee from that position, but it is blocked. Rekdal scores with two sharp blows to the ribs, and then they break away from each other. Holdsworth glances at the referee, not sure why. They square up to each other in the center. Rekdal throws a head fake and comes in from low down to hit a rising shot that catches Holdsworth on the side of the head. Holdsworth got a shot in too though, although it hit the shoulder rather than the head. Time is running down; Rekdal has probably done enough to win the round, but it has turned quite scrappy since the clinch against the cage, both will probably be slightly unhappy with that. Holdsworth tries a late surge, coming in hard and fast with a leading left, but Rekdal defends it well and scores the only meaningful shot of the exchange with a crisp left hand. The 3rd round ends. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Rekdal. [B]Round 4[/B] Right hand from Holdsworth was thrown with power, but bounced off the gloves of Rekdal. Holdsworth follows up by coming in close, but Rekdal is ready with a straight right hand that glances off the side of the head. Holdsworth steps in to throw a right hand, but Rekdal was waiting on it and nails a massive kick to the head! Holdsworth goes down in a heap, and that allows Rekdal the chance to come in to try and pound his way to victory. Rekdal has a good position, half-straddling the upper body of Holdsworth, and can pick his shots. A hard right thunders into the left cheek of Holdsworth, and a left hits the same spot. Holdsworth turns his hips, looking to try and shake Rekdal loose, but gets turned over completely and gives up his back! Rekdal starts punching again, driving fists into the side of Holdsworth's face. Holdsworth is trapped, and can barely cover up. A few more punches connect, one vicious one to the ear looking particularly nasty, and that's enough for the referee to pull Rekdal away. The official time of the TKO is 1:36 of round 4. ------ [B]Result:[/B] Thorbjorn Rekdal def. Dante Holdsworth by TKO in 1:36 of round 4 [B](**)[/B] [QUOTE]Holdsworth lasted longer than I thought he would. Rekdal is still a beast though…[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/DatukOngKaTingcopy.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/SinaliShomen.png[/IMG] Datuk Ong Ka Ting [B]-VS-[/B] Sinali Shomen 21 [B]- Age -[/B] 18 5’10 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 165 [B]- Weight -[/B]156 1-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 3-2 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] There's a few minor exchanges of punches to start the round, and Datuk gets the better of them. Neither fighter is throwing any bombs, but Datuk is showing the better technique, and has hit a few nice body shots. They come together again, and Datuk shows quick hands to get in three nice shots. Shomen definitely felt them. Neither fighter seems interested in taking this to the ground, they're just circling, throwing a few punches, then regrouping. Shomen is struggling to inflict much damage. He may need to switch tactics, as so far Datuk is looking very comfortable. Shomen comes in with left, but Datuk saw it coming and slipped in a great right hand counter punch. Shomen is getting frustrated. The remainder of the round is no different, as the occasional exchanges of strikes are clearly go the way of Datuk's superior technique. The round ends. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Datuk. [B]Round 2[/B] Datuk meets Shomen in the center. They exchange tentative long-range punches. Shomen steps in to press the action, but gets caught with a right hand. Datuk scores with a left too, then a crisp jab. Shomen backs off, that exchange did not go in his favour by any means. Datuk presses the advantage and gets in a couple more jabs, forcing Shomen onto the back-foot, all the way until he is up against the cage. Datuk stands just in range and starts throwing occasional straight rights, forcing Shomen to try and react in time. Shomen parries a few shots away, but also gets caught with a couple. He steps forward and tries to get a clinch, but Datuk keeps away from it and continues to flick quick jabs out. Shomen is really getting schooled so far, Datuk's hand speed and technique have allowed him to completely control everything about this round, Shomen hasn't been able to generate anything of note. Shomen tries to change that by coming after Datuk, but Datuk meets him in the center and exchanges punches, again winning the encounter comfortably. The final minute of the round sees Shomen try two more times, and in neither can he manage to break Datuk's control. End of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Datuk. [B]Round 3[/B] The round begins with Shomen taking the iniative, coming in quickly with a straight right and a leg kick. Datuk replies with a snap jab and a wild left that misses by a long way. Shomen goes for the takedown, but Datuk sprawls. Shomen tries to power through, but Datuk uses that against him and turns it into a takedown of his own. They're quite close to the cage, which may help Shomen defend this. Datuk is in guard. He throws a couple of half-hearted jabs, then tries to pass, but Shomen isn't allowing it. Shomen pulls Datuk in tight, locking up both his arms. Datuk pulls free and again tries to pass guard. This has turned into a bit of a stalemate, the referee may be thinking of standing them up if nothing happens soon. Datuk tries a big right hand, which Shomen defends well. He has quite a high guard, Datuk has to be wary not to fall into a triangle when leaning in like that. Shomen once again drags Datuk down into a clinch, and this time even tries to work a guillotine, but Datuk easily deals with it and hands out two solid right hands to the ribs along the way. We're back to Datuk trying to pass guard. Shomen tries to throw a big punch and almost hands an armbar to Datuk, but he realises the danger in time and manages to recover. The referee finally gets them back to their feet due to the lack of progress that has been made. Datuk scores with a jab, then a second. Shomen goes for a sweeping kick to the right knee, but it isn't fast enough and gives Datuk enough time to take him down again. Datuk quickly goes to pass guard, looking for side control, but Shomen once again defends it. It looks like a frustrating round will end with them on the ground, and almost certainly has to go to Datuk on points due to him being the aggressor and getting two takedowns in. The round ends. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Datuk. [B]Round 4[/B] Fast start by Datuk, who has thrown three crisp jabs in the first twenty seconds, although none of them got past the gloves. Shomen circles, drawing a lunge from Datuk, allowing him to score with a nice low kick to the front leg. Datuk ignores that and darts in for a takedown, but only ends up holding one leg, Shomen hopping on the other to remain vertical. Datuk tries to push forward to complete the takedown, but Shomen manages to pull them all the way back to the cage before ultimately going down. That's a much better position to be in though, he has his corner right there, and can use the cage to effectively cut off any form of attack to the left hand side of his body. Datuk has one leg trapped between Shomen's, and is struggling to get it free. He throws a couple of punches, none of them doing much damage, and then tries to work on one of the arms. It might be a kimura that he looking for. Shomen defends it well, without fully escaping it, Datuk can't really do a lot with it due to how much he is having to stretch to apply it, due to his leg being trapped. Shomen suddenly releases the leg and scrambles up, looking to take Datuk's back. Datuk was ready for it though, and blocks it by pinning a half-standing Shomen up against the cage. It's a precarious position for both fighters. Shomen throws a couple of short-range punches. Datuk gets a leg in and trips Shomen, putting him back on the ground, albeit this time in full guard. It was a nice escape attempt from Shomen, at least he can take heart from the fact that it resulted in a better defensive position. Time is running out, it looks like this round will end with them in this position. The round ends. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Datuk. [B]Round 5[/B] Datuk starts fast, immediately going on the attack with jabs and straight rights. Shomen covers up from the initial burst, then starts throwing some raking rights and lefts. Datuk bobs and weaves out of harm's way, countering by flicking off jabs whenever possible, peppering Shomen with strikes. None of them are likely to knock Shomen down, but they will add up over time. Shomen moves in and tries to back Datuk up against the cage, but he is too quick, and won't allow himself to get caught. Shomen is having a real problem with Datuk's movement, which is allowing him to dart in and out almost at will, hitting quick jabs and avoiding any counters. There's another example, as Datuk scores with a sharp left hand to the chest, and is gone before the big right hand of Shomen hits. Shomen looks frustrated, and switches tactics, no longer looking for the big punches but trying to stop Datuk getting in close by using low kicks and long, raking punches. Datuk is kept from doing any further damage, but Shomen isn't generating any offence either. Datuk comes in from an angle, takes a right hand, but scores with a flurry of his own. Shomen tries to hit a low kick, but misses. Time is running down, Datuk is going to take this round on points, he has been able to dominate it thanks to his superior movement. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com gives that one to Datuk by 10-9. The official scores are in; two judges give 50-45, the other 49-46, all for Datuk Ong Ka Ting. ------ [B]Result:[/B] Datuk Ong Ka Ting def. Sinali Shomen by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 5 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]I expected better from Ting, not being able to finish Shomen before the end of the fifth round is a bit worrying. The match quality was below expectations as well.[/QUOTE]
[U][SIZE="5"]POST-SHOW:[/SIZE][/U] [B][U]RANKINGS:[/U][/B] [B]Middleweight division:[/B] 1. Darin Blood (1150) 2. Brett Clement (1062) 3. Thorbjorn Rekdal (1056) 4. Truck Gleeson (1050) 5. Datuk Ong Ka Ting (1047) [B][U]NEWS:[/U][/B] Brett Clement, Thorbjorn Rekdal and Pirmin Zubriggen asked for a raise after the event. [B]Current Funds:[/B] $26.527[/CENTER]

[QUOTE]Gillespie hits two body shots, then comes in low under an attempted right cross and uses a single leg to take Gilbert down. Nicely done. Gilbert pulls guard. Gillespie moves from the guard and gets side control. He is trying for the mount, but Gilbert is defending it. There's a small lull as Gillespie continues to try and get the mount. There it is, Gilbert finally couldn't stop it. Gillespie starts firing off punches, and Gilbert has nowhere to go. A big elbow gets through. A right hand lands on the nose of Gilbert. The referee is watching intently, I don't think he's going to let this go much longer unless Gilbert can come up with some answers. Gillespie hits another big elbow. And another. The referee leaps in, it's over![/QUOTE] That is a ton to do in 17 seconds lol I also like the write ups

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] At WFC 5 we will get to know who fights Darin Blood for the middleweight title at WFC 6 as #2 and #3 take on each other in the main event. Thorbjorn Rekdal and Clement are both won their last two matches and they’re both looking forward to adding a third to that. Rekdal will have a huge weight advantage over Clement, but Clement is the quickest of the two. Both are stand-up fighters so it’ll be interesting to see who wins. We also have Truck Gleeson, the man who lost to Darin Blood in the final, fight against Jemaine McKenzie, a New Zealander aligned with his country’s kick boxing camp. McKenzie has the size and weight advantage in this match. But Gleeson is perhaps the most dangerous of the two. In the third match we will see the debut of Eli Harris. He thinks he’s tough so he got booked against a tough competitor. He’ll have his hands full with Holdsworth. The opening match will feature Gillespie vs. Shomen. A match between two fairly inexperienced young guns. Shomen lost his last two matches and will perhaps be the most motivated of the two. Bret Clement (4-3-1) vs. Thorbjorn Rekdal (5-2-1) Jemaine McKenzie (7-2) vs. Truck Gleeson (7-1) Eli Harris (0-0) vs. Dante Holdsworth (4-1) Scott Gillespie (3-2) vs. Sinali Shomen (3-3)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC5.jpg[/IMG] [B]Date: 1997, February, Week 2, Friday Location: Western Europe Attendance: 65 (Live gate $4.550)[/B]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/ScottGillespie.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/SinaliShomen.png[/IMG] Scott Gillespie[B]-VS-[/B] Sinali Shomen 22 [B]- Age -[/B] 19 5’9 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 159 [B]- Weight -[/B] 156 3-2 [B]- Record -[/B] 3-3 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Slow start to this round, Gillespie is being tentative and Shomen looks like he is waiting for an angle to appear. The first exchange of strikes doesn't really go anywhere. A second set falls in Gillespie's favour, as he gets a nice jab in, hitting right above the nose, and a solid shot to the body. Shomen goes in for a takedown but only manages to secure one leg. Gillespie hammers down two shots to the back, but can't really do a lot else. Shomen tries to push him over onto his back, but Gillespie manages to pull free and back off. Shomen throws a high left handed jab then goes in for another takedown. Good sprawl from Gillespie, and he backs off. Shomen doesn't get a chance to go for a third, because Gillespie takes the fight to him with a barrage of lefts and rights, forcing him back against the cage. Gillespie clinches up, only after hitting a hard shot to the stomach though. The clinch seems to go on forever, with Shomen unable to get a good enough position to try a takedown, and Gillespie tied up too much to really throw any decent strikes. Eventually the time runs out and they head back to their corners. The round ends. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Gillespie. [B]Round 2[/B] Gillespie starts brightly by throwing some looping punches. Defended well by Shomen. They circle, throwing tentative jabs. Shomen goes for a single leg and puts Gillespie on the floor, but he is up very quickly, preventing Shomen from getting on top. Gillespie definitely seems to want to keep this standing. Shomen hits a nice jab, avoids a counter left hook, then comes in low and takes down Gillespie again. This time Gillespie isn't able to get up, and has to pull guard. Times ticking away though, Shomen will have to hurry to finish. He goes for an armbar, but Gillespie defends. Shomen tries to slip past to get side control, but Gillespie just about manages to keep guard. A second attempt works though, and Shomen has the side. Two big elbows land, and Gillespie seems in trouble. Shomen goes for the kimura, but can't quite get it. The time expires before he can try again, and the referee separates them. The second round is over. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Shomen. [B]Round 3[/B] The two fighters circle. A series of looping punches from Shomen forces Gillespie back up against the cage, and he has to cover up to withstand the three strikes that follow. No real damage caused, but Shomen is aggressively chasing this match. A hook finds the body and Gillespie clinches. They almost lose their balance as they jockey for position, Gillespie gets in a couple of knees when they regain their footing. Shomen seems to be trying to break the clinch, it's Gillespie who is holding it tight, perhaps hoping to calm the energetic start that Shomen had. The referee finally does break them up, after nearly a full minute of inactivity. Shomen gets pinned against the cage, and the referee eventually has to separate them. Gillespie tries to work an angle, then steps in...and gets creamed with a high head kick! Shomen landed it right to the ear of all places, and Gillespie's legs give way, sending him crashing to the floor. The referee immediately covers him up, he is clearly out cold. Shomen gets the win via K.O. Official time of the knock out is 4:22 of the third. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Sinali Shomen def. Scott Gillespie by Knock Out in 4:22 of round 3 [B](**)[/B] [QUOTE]Hmmm... I'm not so sure of either of these two. They've both showed good and bad things over the last few months. I had hoped Gillespie would've won this one after winning his last match in 17 seconds, so I could build him up for bigger things. Too bad.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/EliHarris.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/DanteHoldsworth.png[/IMG] Eli Harris [B]-VS-[/B] Dante Holdsworth 20 [B]- Age -[/B] 19 5’11 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 162 [B]- Weight -[/B] 205 0-0 [B]- Record -[/B] 4-1 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] They circle to start, both throwing a few tentative jabs. An uppercut misses its mark from Holdsworth, providing the first moment of real action. Harris hits a nice combination of body shots to set up a big right hook, but Holdsworth side-stepped to safety. A few punches get thrown, but there's a lack of real action to talk about. Harris is being slightly the more aggressive, but neither fighter is really going for it. They come together again and exchange punches, but no big shots get through, and they end up clinched for a while. The referee separates them, but the time is ticking away and this round looks like it's going to the judges. End of round 1. Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Harris. [B]Round 2[/B] An exchange of jabs doesn't go anywhere. Harris fakes a kick, then darts in to score with a straight left before backing out fast to avoid a left-right combination from Holdsworth. They clinch, and Holdsworth winds up backed against the cage. A couple of minor blows get exchanged, but it's turned into a bit of a stalemate. Harris tries to push Holdsworth back, but can't. The referee waits a while, then separates them and gets them to resume. Harris leads with a right hand, then delivers a brutal uppercut, Holdsworth had to step back quickly to avoid getting caught. He winds up back against the cage, and Harris doesn't relent, moving in fast to unload with a series of jabs. Holdsworth got some of his own in, but the upper hand is definitely with Harris. Vicious right hand! Out of nowhere, it caught Holdsworth flush in the face, and he slumps down against the cage. Harris follows up with more punches, and the referee dives in to break it up. It's all over. Holdsworth wasn't knocked out, but that one punch was a beauty, and it stopped him getting any sort of defence together to stop the following punches. The official time is 3:15. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Eli Harris def. Dante Holdsworth by TKO in 3:15 of round 2 [B](*)[/B] [QUOTE]I hope I can build up this kid and make him one of my main players in the (near) future.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/JemaineMcKenzie.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/TruckGleesoncopy.png[/IMG] Jemaine McKenzie [B]-VS-[/B] Truck Gleeson 26 [B]- Age -[/B] 27 6’0 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’10 205 [B]- Weight -[/B] 160 7-2 [B]- Record -[/B] 7-1 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] The two competitors start slowly, circling and looking for an opening. McKenzie fakes shooting in for a takedown, but Gleeson didn't buy it for a second. In comes McKenzie from an angle to the right, but Gleeson had it covered all the way, and not only easily steps out of the way of the attempted right hand, but manages to score with a solid right hand to the side of the head. McKenzie felt that, and is forced to cover up quickly as Gleeson steps in quickly and unloads with a flurry of powerful blows, looking to capitalise on the earlier strike. McKenzie is forced back against the cage, but to his credit, he did a good job defending those strikes and didn't seem to take any significant damage. Gleeson doesn't get in too close, realising that it would likely mean getting caught in a clinch, so he stands slightly back instead and throws some low kicks and looping punches. McKenzie responds by throwing out some straight jabs, but neither fighter is really doing any damage to their opponent. Gleeson clearly grows tired of the wait, and moves in to hit a body blow. It connects, but McKenzie is quick to tie him up in a clinch. That lasts quite a while, until the referee gets in there and breaks them up, telling them to fight. McKenzie with a body shot. Gleeson scores with a stiff jab, and bobs and weaves to avoid all three of the rapid-fire punches that come back from McKenzie. Nicely done. McKenzie, realising that he is losing this round, comes forward with a sense of urgency, throwing right hands to put Gleeson on the back foot. Gleeson handles it well though, refusing to let McKenzie get an angle, and using some nice counter punches to the body to further cement the fact that this round is going to him on points. Time expires with McKenzie throwing increasingly desparate punches. The first round is over. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Gleeson. [B]Round 2[/B] McKenzie works an angle and comes in from the side of Gleeson, getting two good jabs in before a ragged left misses by quite a margin. Gleeson hits a low kick to back McKenzie against the cage, then works the body with a series of short punches. McKenzie fights out and the action returns to the center. Gleeson gets in close enough to grapple with McKenzie. They struggle, and a wayward right hand from McKenzie gives Gleeson the opportunity to pick him up onto his shoulder. Gleeson turns to the center, and with the crowd willing him on, he runs forward and plants McKenzie with a monsterous slam! McKenzie pulls guard, but not before taking a nasty punch to the face. Gleeson manages to push the guard apart, and leans over McKenzie, trapping one leg underneath his body. Bad position for McKenzie to be in, and Gleeson now starts throwing big lefts and rights. McKenzie tries to deflect them away but quite a few are hitting home. McKenzie tries to bring his free leg in to add some leverage, but Gleeson swats it aside and gets the full mount. More punches start raining down, and McKenzie is left just covering up to try and weather the storm. It's no use though, as the barrage of punches without answer convince the referee to call a halt to the action. The official time is 2:21. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Truck Gleeson def. Jemaine McKenzie by TKO in 2:21 of round 2 [B](**)[/B] [QUOTE]Good too see Gleeson still has it. McKenzie isn't that bad, so I'm happy with Truck's performane. The match quality was good too.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/BretClementcopy.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/ThorbjornRekdalcopy.png[/IMG] Bret Clement [B]-VS-[/B] Thorbjorn Rekdal 23 [B]- Age -[/B] 25 5’9 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’0 169 [B]- Weight -[/B] 201 4-3-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 5-2-1 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] They circle to start, both throwing a few tentative jabs. An uppercut misses its mark from Clement, providing the first moment of real action. Rekdal hits a nice combination of body shots to set up a big right hook, but Clement side-stepped to safety. A few punches get thrown, but there's a lack of real action to talk about. Rekdal is being slightly the more aggressive, but neither fighter is really going for it. They come together again and exchange punches, but no big shots get through, and they end up clinched for a while. The referee separates them, but the time is ticking away and this round looks like it's going to the judges. The round is over. Blurcat.com gives that one to Rekdal by 10-9. [B]Round 2[/B] Rekdal isn't hanging around, right from the start Clement is forced onto the back foot by four hard shots, although none of them get through the gloves. Clement circles, steps in, then unloads a combination of punches, but Rekdal weaves out of the way and scores with a beauty of a right hand, glancing above the right eye. That was some lovely counter punching from Rekdal, the timing had to be perfect and it was. Clement is looking a bit frustrated, and uncorks a ragged-looking uppercut that missed by several inches. Rekdal really should have taken advantage of that mistake, Clement was wide open for a moment there. Rekdal hits a high kick, catching Clement on the shoulder. Jab from Clement finds the mark, but it didn't have much power behind it as he was leaning backward too much. Rekdal fires off a couple of straight punches in response, but only finds gloves. They clinch, and the fight enters a lull. Clement scores with a knee from the clinch, it landed around the hip area of Rekdal, who responds with a couple of shots to the ribs. The time runs out with them still clinched though. End of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-8 to Rekdal. [B]Round 3[/B] The fighters touch gloves, then circle. Rekdal throws a low kick, but it was without any conviction, it seemed designed more to keep Clement from coming inside. Rekdal works an angle, then comes in with a one-two combination, Clement responds with a crisp uppercut that wasn't far off from connecting. Rekdal backs off slightly, maybe a bit relieved not to have taken that one on the chin. Neither fighter appears to be looking for any sort of takedown or grapple, this is all about the striking. Clement circles and throws a series of high jabs, but Rekdal blocked them with ease, using the gloves. Rekdal fakes a high kick, then storms in with a wild looking right hand and a series of body shots. Clement covers up and rides out the storm, clinching to stop any further blows. It was a nice attack from Rekdal though, best action of the round. They stay clinched for a while, exchanging occasional punches to the ribs, then are separated by the referee. It looks like this round is going to the judges though, as there's only a few seconds remaining. Rekdal throws a leg kick that connects, albeit without too much force, and the round is done. That's the end of the round. Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Rekdal. [B]Round 4[/B] Rekdal leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, Clement deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. Clement uses a knee to the ribs before backing Rekdal up against the cage. Right hand from Rekdal connects though, that was well timed. Clement breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, Rekdal was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from Clement sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. Rekdal fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. The two fighters are circling. Clement comes in for a punch, but Rekdal countered well by coming in fast and low and using a good solid takedown. Rekdal is in Clement's guard. Clement is forced to cover up as Rekdal starts hammering away with enormous strikes from the guard, trying to simply power the shots through. Some do cause some damage, landing as Clement tries unsuccessfully to throw some counters. Rekdal transitions to side control without any issues and starts finding the punches down again, this time with more leverage and therefore more power. Clement tries to defend them, but a lot of them are getting through. The referee finally has enough and calls an end to the match, feeling that Clement was getting overwhelmed. Official time of the TKO is 3:07 of the fourth. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Thorbjorn Rekdal def. Bret Clement by TKO in 3:07 of round 4 [B](**)[/B] [QUOTE]Looks like it'll be Rekdal vs. Blood next time for the title. I have a fear that even Blood won't be able to stop Rekdal. The guy's an animal, simple as that.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="5"][U]POST-SHOW:[/U][/SIZE] [B][U]RANKINGS:[/U][/B] [B]Middleweight division:[/B] 1. Darin Blood (1150) 2. Thorbjorn Rekdal (1107) 3. Truck Gleeson (1093) 4. Datuk Ong Ka Ting (1047) 5. Eli Harris (1043) [B][U]NEWS:[/U][/B] Dante Holdsworth suffered a concussion and is out for 3 months. Bret Clement sustained a rib injury in his match with Rekdal and will be out of action at least 39 days. According to Blurcat we’ve risen to “Tiny”. Eli Harris and Dante Holdsworth have been contacted by GAMMA. [B]Current Funds:[/B] $20.719[/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Perhaps our most anticipated match yet, Rekdal vs. Blood. Can the popular Norwegian Brickhouse defeat WFC’s most complete fighter for the Middleweight title or not? Will the huge weight advantage of Rekdal be the key factor in this match or will Blood simply embarrass Rekdal? Those questions will all be answered at WFC 6. On the undercard we have no less than 4 debuts! After Xie Ming and Pirmin Zubriggen left for the big leagues there was a gap that needed to be filled. Olsen and Catcher are the most important names perhaps. We also have the ever dangerous Truck Gleeson on the card and he has a tough opponent that will test how skilled Gleeson really is. [B]WFC Middleweight Title:[/B] Thorbjorn Rekdal (6-2-1) vs. (C) Darin Blood (5-0) Henning Olsen (4-2) vs. Truck Gleeson (8-1) Nigel Malley (8-9-1) vs. Percy Catcher (6-2) Zachary Gilbert (6-5) vs. Kingo Watanabe (2-1)

WFC Middleweight Title: Thorbjorn Rekdal (6-2-1) vs. [b](C) Darin Blood (5-0)[/b] Henning Olsen (4-2) vs. [b]Truck Gleeson (8-1)[/b] Nigel Malley (8-9-1) vs. [b]Percy Catcher (6-2)[/b] [b]Zachary Gilbert (6-5)[/b] vs. Kingo Watanabe (2-1) I'm a huge fan of Truck. He deserves a rematch!

Yeah, I'm following along too... :D WFC Middleweight Title: [B]Thorbjorn Rekdal[/b] (6-2-1) vs. (C) Darin Blood (5-0) Henning Olsen (4-2) vs. [B]Truck Gleeson[/B] (8-1) Nigel Malley (8-9-1) vs. [B]Percy Catcher[/B] (6-2) [B]Zachary Gilbert[/B] (6-5) vs. Kingo Watanabe (2-1)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC6.jpg[/IMG] [B]Date: 1997, March, Week 4, Friday Location: Western Europe Attendance: 136 (live gate: $9.520)[/B]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/ZacharyGilbert.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/KingoWatanabe.png[/IMG] Zachary Gilber [B]-VS-[/B] Kingo Watanabe 21 [B]- Age -[/B] 25 6’0 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’11 171 [B]- Weight -[/B] 171 6-5 [B]- Record -[/B] 2-1 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Watanabe leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, Gilbert deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. Gilbert uses a knee to the ribs before backing Watanabe up against the cage. Right hand from Watanabe connects though, that was well timed. Gilbert breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, Watanabe was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from Gilbert sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. Watanabe fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. Gilbert gets in close enough to scoop Watanabe up, and quickly slam him back down into the ground! Big, violent slam takedown from Gilbert. Watanabe has the presence of mind to pull guard when Gilbert tries to follow up though. Watanabe is forced to cover up as Gilbert starts hammering away with enormous strikes from the guard, trying to simply power the shots through. Some do cause some damage, landing as Watanabe tries unsuccessfully to throw some counters. Gilbert transitions to side control without any issues and starts finding the punches down again, this time with more leverage and therefore more power. Watanabe tries to defend them, but a lot of them are getting through. The referee finally has enough and calls an end to the match, feeling that Watanabe was getting overwhelmed. The official time is 4:22. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Zachary Gilbert def. Kingo Watanabe by TKO in 4:22 of round 1 [B](DUD)[/B] [QUOTE]I predicted this match to go to the judges decision as both fighters are pretty weak. Appears Zach was a notch better than I thought he was.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/NigelMalley.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/PercyCatcher.png[/IMG] Nigel Malley [B]-VS-[/B] Percy Catcher 33 [B]- Age -[/B] 25 6’1 [B]- Height -[/B] 6’1 205 [B]- Weight -[/B] 205 8-9-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 6-2 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Catcher throws a couple of scorching jabs; neither hit, but it forces Malley to back pedal all the way back to the cage. Catcher follows in and throws a stinging kick to the ribs. Malley tries to catch it, but couldn't. Malley throws a right hand to try and catch Catcher coming in, but it's wide of the mark. Catcher throws a head kick, and it's a beauty, landing flush to the cheek. It was delivered with enormous power, and Malley drops to the floor immediately, he is out cold. The referee stops Catcher from following up, it's all over. Catcher wins via 1st round knock out with the official time being 1:39. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Percy Catcher def. Nigel Malley by Knock Out in 1:39 of round 1 [B](**)[/B] [QUOTE]This match was pretty much fought before it began.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/HenningOlsen.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/TruckGleesoncopy.png[/IMG] Henning Olsen [B]-VS-[/B] Truck Gleeson 23 [B]- Age -[/B] 27 5’10 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’10 173 [B]- Weight -[/B] 160 4-2 [B]- Record -[/B] 8-1 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] An exchange of jabs doesn't go anywhere. Gleeson fakes a kick, then darts in to score with a straight left before backing out fast to avoid a left-right combination from Olsen. They clinch, and Olsen winds up backed against the cage. A couple of minor blows get exchanged, but it's turned into a bit of a stalemate. Gleeson tries to push Olsen back, but can't. The referee waits a while, then separates them and gets them to resume. They come together, both throwing punches. Olsen gets a nice clean shot in, and Gleeson stumbles backwards and falls to the floor. Olsen is on top of him quickly, and unloads with two more big punches, both connect solidly. The referee jumps in and pulls him away before a third is thrown, this match is over by TKO. Replays show the referee may have been slightly early. Olsen wins via 1st round TKO with the official time being 3:16. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Henning Olsen def. Truck Gleeson by TKO in 3:16 of round 1 [B](**)[/B] [QUOTE]Wow, didn't expect this one. I brought in Olsen to lose to my big guys as Olsen's not that great as a fighter, but does have quite some name value in Europe. But I didn't expect him to win from Gleeson.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/ThorbjornRekdalcopy.png[/IMG] [SIZE="6"]VS[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/Faces/DarinBloodcopy.png[/IMG] Thorbjorn Rekdal [B]-VS-[/B] Darin Blood (c) 25 [B]- Age -[/B]25 6’0 [B]- Height -[/B] 5’11 201 [B]- Weight -[/B] 158 6-2-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 5-0 ------ [B]Round 1[/B] Blood starts strongly, immediately rushing in for a takedown. Rekdal got taken by surprise a little, but wrestles his way free of the grapple and pulls to safety. Rekdal doesn't hang around for a second attempt, he uses a looping left to set himself up to come in close and score with a series of strikes, two or three nice body shots included. Blood covers up, throwing the occasional jab as a counter. Rekdal goes for a vicious uppercut, but gets pulled into a clinch. Blood goes for a takedown via a trip, but Rekdal defends it. Another trip attempt, another failure. Blood pushes Rekdal up against the cage and tries to wrestle him to the ground, but Rekdal keeps his balance and sprawls to stop it. Rekdal gets in a hard right hand to the side of the face, taking advantage of the fact that Blood was leaning in too far. Rekdal reverses so that Blood is against the cage. They remain clinched, with nothing more than minor strikes being thrown, for a long time. The referee finally breaks them apart and gets them back to the center. Rekdal throws a kick, waist-high, but Blood avoids it. That could have been used for a takedown attempt if Blood had been quicker and caught it. Rekdal hits two or three punches in a row, stinging the gloves of Blood. The round draws to a close. It'll be interesting to see where the judges go with this, as Rekdal clearly got the better strikes in throughout the round, but Blood did probably show more aggression by virtue of his almost constant attempts to get the takedown. The round ends. Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Rekdal. [B]Round 2[/B] The two fighters engage with a set of strikes. Blood leads with the straight right. Rekdal catches him right on the chin with an uppercut! That was out of nowhere, delivered with stunning power and accuracy, and Blood is out before his body hits the floor. Rekdal dives in to finish the job, but the referee is in there right away to stop the match. One awesome punch from Rekdal has ended this match in a split-second. Rekdal wins via knock out at 0:16 of the second round. Thorbjorn Rekdal wins the WFC Middleweight Title title. ------ [B]Result: [/B] Thorbjorn Rekdal beat Darin Blood by Knock Out in 0:16 of round 2 to win the WFC Middleweight Title [B](***)[/B] [QUOTE]As you could see in round one, this one could've gone either way. If Blood had been able to take Rekdal down it had been game over for Rekdal. But if he could stay in his feet Rekdal'd win.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="5"][U]POST-SHOW:[/U][/SIZE] [B][U]RANKINGS:[/U][/B] [B]Middleweight division:[/B] 1. Thorbjorn Rekdal (1163) 2. Darin Blood (1094) 3. Henning Olsen (1063) 4. Percy Catcher (1050) 5. Datuk Ong Ka Ting (1047) [B][U]NEWS:[/U][/B] Nigel Malley will be out for at least 6 months with an ankle injury. [B]Current Funds:[/B] $33.291[/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/banner.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][U][B]NEWS:[/B][/U][/SIZE][/CENTER] After evaluating the previous events we decided to change our weight classes a bit. We have added another division (and belt) to the company. From now on we have a lightweight division as well. The middleweight division will change, where it previously was 156lbs - 205lbs it is now 166lbs - 205lbs. An example of why we changed this is last month’s title match. Here are the rosters for both divisions. We have signed much more fighters as that was necessary to have a good division. [CENTER][B][U]MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION:[/U][/B] 1.Thorbjorn Rekdal ( 1163) 2. Henning Olsen (1063) 3. Percy Catcher (1050) 4. Bret Clement (1011) 5. [I]Kelly Agg (1000) [/I] 6. [I]Lon Campbell (1000) [/I] 7. [I]Vladislav Georgi (1000) [/I] 8. Wayne McKellen (958) 9. Jemaine McKenzie (957) 10. Zachary Gilbert (957) 11. Nigel Malley (950) 12. Kingo Watanabe (935) 13. Dante Holdsworth (908) [B][U]LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION:[/U][/B] 1. Darin Blood (1094) 2. Datuk Ong Ka Ting (1047) 3. Eli Harris (1043) 4. Truck Gleeson (1030) [I]5. Brandon Sugar (1000) 6. Cory Brewer (1000) 7. Duane Weatherly (1000) 8. Francis O'Leary (1000) 9. Jeremy Sproule (1000) 10. Kenny Magilton (1000) 11. Luke Hilton (1000) 12. Milenko Rudonja (1000) 13. Nicholas Bretton (1000) 14. Roy Lynch (1000) 15. Tyrone Simmons (1000)[/I] 16. Sinali Shomen (991) 17. Scott Gillespie (930)[/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/tRyPi0/WMMA/WFC7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] WFC 7 will obviously built around our new lightweight division. At WFC 9 the first ever Lightweight Champion will be crowned as #1 and #2 in the rankings will take on each other. Tonight the main event is between two hard-hitting tough guys. Gleeson who wants to get back in the winning mood and Luke “The Hillbilly Hammer” Hilton, a young American kid who has no real weakness. Other Lightweight bouts are Milenko Rudonja vs. Kenny Magilton III and the undefeated Eli Harris against Francis O’Leary. Other than that we see three debuts in the middleweight division. The most interesting match will be the one where two fighters fight their first match ever. [CENTER][B]Lightweight division:[/B] Luke Hilton (4-1) vs. Truck Gleeson (8-2) [B]Middleweight division:[/B] Vladislav Georgi (0-0) vs. Lon Campbell (0-0) [B]Lightweight division:[/B] Milenko Rudonja (7-3) vs. Kenny Magilton III (5-2) [B]Lightweight division:[/B] Eli Harris (2-0) vs. Francis O’Leary (1-2) [B]Middleweight division:[/B] Kelly Agg (1-0) vs. Zachary Gilbert (7-5)[/CENTER]

Archived