Disappointing Event - What?

Regardless of how many 4 or 5 stars you have, like VBigB pointed out, it has to be a "wave" of constant buildup to an exciting main event. If ANY other event supersedes the main event, it WILL have a negative impact (whether small or large). A good way to predict if a "high" interest fight will be better than another "high" interest fight, for example, is the total excitement and/or reputation of the two fighters involved. ALWAYS put the more exciting/competitive fighters before other fights of equal interest. Sometimes these fights can even overshadow a fight that's of higher interest, so make sure the fight above it will be better. Momentum is another good gauge for booking matches. You always want to put fighters coming off wins in your main event. A good strategy might be to then book a fight that comes before the main event with at least one fighter coming off a loss, that way it has little chance of being better than it. Championship fights also increase excitement as well as name value. Hope that helps.

*** or **** can still turn out to be dull! It's often styles that make fights. I think the crowd find five round decisions boring most of the time, I usually do. Also, it must depend on the excitement value of the fighters involved. From a ranking point of view the fight might make sense and look good on paper when in reality it turns out to be two stubborn wrestlers holding onto a clinch and battling for a takedown for 25 minutes. Maybe I'm reading too deep into it but I try to create exciting fights based on styles as well. Hoping the fight ends by KO or submission.

[QUOTE=crownsy;333797]kind of unrealstic to be able to bust those matches out once a month.[/QUOTE] I think that's the point. You don't see UFC or PRIDE busting out "match of the year" each and every show. When you become more popular you gain a larger audience and that means more people you have to please and that means more critics. Just look at how many people whine and complain about the popular MMA shows out there now.

Archived