RIP Phil O'Donnell

The Ego

Saw this on AOL and didn't quite make the soccer connection until I pulled the story up. All I know of the Scottish league is what I've played in management sims. So this is the first I'd heard specifically of O'Donnell. But man such a crushing blow to Motherwell. It's never easy to lose a teammate. But a captain as I'd read he was? This team's really going to have it rough the rest of the year. RIP Phil O'Donnell and my condolences to Motherwell.

Hey there, If everyone could spare a couple of minutes to email a tribute to Phil O'Donnell I'm sure his family & club would greatly appreciate it. If you email a message to [email]odonnelltribute@yahoo.co.uk[/email] along with your name and where you are from the message will be added to the club website and I'm sure will be forwarded to Phil's family. For anyone who isn't aware Phil collapsed on the field during a football game, he died shortly after. Although not the most talented individual what he lacked in ability he more than made up for in passion. He was a true gentleman of the game and despite the lack of CAPS is, and always will be a Scottish footballing legend.

Archived