Graphical Overhaul?

After playing WMMA I can say that the biggest addition that could be made to TEW is a graphical overhaul of the characters from small portraits to models and the interface in general. That level of detail just adds SO much to a text sim like this so just in case it's a feasible idea I wanted to throw it out there.

No, no, absolutely no. I hated the WMMA menus and "new cool craphics". The more simplier the better, TEW 2007 graphics and all the buttons etc. are just perfect the way they are. And talking about the avatars and wrestler images; I like the old ones far more better. WMMA 3D-characters looked ugly and generic. Sorry, but they do. The original TEW2007 photos of wrestlers were good; The old Mainstream Hernandez look > The new Mainstream Hernandez look etc. Maybe I'm a bit cranky in the mornings, sorry for my outburst.

Im afraid that im in agreement that the larger pictures were awesome! It would be a shame to see the feature omited purely because it would be difficult to get full body pics for all of the cornellverse characters. But i can see the logic there, i guess part of the cornellverse appeal is that all the workers have renders already.

Have to disagree with FINisher on one point - I had no problems letting Mainstream Hernandez go to RIPW at the start of my MAW game. The following day the new render for him was released, making him look well worth keeping. Six-and-a-half years later, he got called up to SWF, and I never got a chance to re-sign him because of the restrictions on developmental workers :(

I would agree that I prefer TEW 2007 over WMMA style. One of my main beefs with WMMA is that the look and the fighter are not always consistent. Take Manol Sirakov. In the picture he's a burly badass but his strength is piss poor in the game. Then take Petey Mack. The guy looks like a sack of dough with a stupid little mustache on his face but he hits like a truck. I think a headshot is all you need as bodies start looking very similar and generic after awhile. You can totally tell in WMMA who had a "template" used on them because there will be 8 different fighters that look almost like identical twins but not be related in game.

I would love an option, as there is in WMMA, where you can have either or. Would love to have bigger render's. I could see alot of people getting behind redo-ing the C-Verse people in bigger render's, fact... Alot of the people that have done the newer ones, probably have them as save files in the DAZ/Poser anyways. I'm sure the community would get behind a mass rehash on allot of them. The biggest problem I see, is the one's with Masks' and stuff that was not done in Poser or Daz, but in Photoshop or something. Then again, they could be redone the same way, only bigger. It would just end up being a project over time is all. You have all the normal pics, and as time went by, we would eventually end up with everyone done I'm sure. I just love the bigger pic's is all. I will play the game even if they are still minisized, as I've been doing all along, lol.

• 1 month later...

Archived