Family Guy: Blue Harvest

Blasphemywebleed

Well I just got the DVD today and well I'm really dissapointed. Family Guy and Star Wars are my favourite things in the world really and I thought witht he combination of them both there could be no wrong. First off...... it just wasnt family guy. Hell all the characters were there and all had their lovable personalitys, but it was almost as though the writers held back, and respected the star wars brand too much to really make fun of it in the family guy style........ which just isnt family guy. An episode of family guy is pretty much a sketch show with a thrown in storyline to flesh it out, and I really dont think that following a storyline directly works. Dont get me wrong I chuckled now and again and I'd say it was £10 well spent but it just wasnt as good as it could have been :(

Blue Harvest just seemed redundant to me. I was perfectly happy watching it (unlike one guy I know who was inexplicably furious that it was made, despite liking Star Wars and Family Guy) but I don't think I'll ever pay for it.

INTERGALACTIC PROTON POWERED ELECTRIC TENTICAL ADVERTISING DROID! INTERGALACTIC PROTON POWERED ELECTRIC TENTICAL ADVERTISING DROID! INTERGALACTIC PROTON POWERED ELECTRIC TENTICAL ADVERTISING DROID! Hi, Im Darth Harrington of Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electric Tentical Advertising Droid warhouse and emporium Classic :D

Stewie: I made a darth duty, I sithed my pants, My Diaper went over to the darkside...I got a million of these, I can go on... ---- Adam West: Since you won't give us the plans for the Rebel Alliance, we've decided to use our planet blower upper gun on your home planet. Lois: No! Adam West: She said no! Should we still do it? Stewie: ...Yeah... ---- Lois: Aren't you a little fat to be a storm trooper? Chris: Well, Stay here and rot ya stuck up (female dog) ---- Peter: I'm Han Solo, I fly the millenium falcon, I'm the guy who got the kessel to run in less than twelve parsects and am the only actor who's career is not completely destroyed by this movie. Chris: Isn't a parsect a unit of distance, not time? ---- Peter: You guys seem like complete idiotic morons. Chris: You don't believe in the force, do you? Peter: Oh you mean that thing you just found out about like three hours ago and are now judging me for not believing in it. ---- I bought it the day it came out I got a t-shirt and a free Itunes download of it, so overall I think the deal was worth it.

I watched it on Fox and it was a good special in my opinion. They obviously are big Star Wars fans and did a Family Guy style omage to it which was great. It wasn't supposed to be a straight Family Guy show ripping on Star Wars, I don't think they had writer's block at all. I think they set out and accomplished what they wanted to do with this little one-off special.

[QUOTE=chris caulfield;361921]I wonder if they are going to do one for each of the star wars films.[/QUOTE] I think they already have another in the works.. Theres a teaser on the dvd for [I]'something something something darkside'[/I] which i think will be their version of Empire

Archived