How do you use your User Characters?

I usually just make him a backstage worker, but after I got fired from WLW for not succeeding in the IMPOSSIBLE goal of going from $300k to $750k in 2 years, I went ahead and started a new promotion. I was going to push him as the head of the company on screen, probably giving him the main title and everything, but I ran into two big roadblocks: 1) I feel guilty pushing Jack Avatar. 2) There's just something about him that I find dreadully bland, and I can't get behind him enough to push him. Any suggestions? Just give up? Repackage him? I need some help

I tend to work as a wrestler in game. In my MAW game I actually rose up the ranks from Lower Midcarder at the start to Main Eventer after six years or so in the company. My skills have improved a bit, too - I'm quite pleased at my progress. Of course, a big chunk of that is down to my working for free - I can work all thirteen shows a month without costing a penny. Sometimes I book a show without me being on it, and I feel like I'm wasting my overness/talents, so I'll change a singles match to a three-way dance. Next game, though, I'll be a road agent/ref/commentator - basically, whatever my fed needs. That's fine - like justifying my giving myself a high reputation on Football Manager when I start a new game, I think my time spent playing TEW over the years means I can start with a high respect stat.

[QUOTE=Sudo_Nym;361301]I can never seem to push them as Main Eventers- it just seems so wrong for some reason.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=brat99;361326]Truthfully, I normally set my user character to personality and just ignore him/her as a part of the roster. I choose to simply use the default roster, occasionally working as a road agent or dark match trainer.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=MrCanada;361430]set to a personallity and forgotten about. I've never used a user character in any capacity, not in an angle or a match. dont really see the reason. Not one of those guys that likes to give myself perfect stats and someone feel challenged.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;363658]I dont use my user character much but when I do it is usually an authority, or an announcer. When I play as TCW I use him once every few months as an authority. Kinda lame useage I know. I have been trying to use them more as a wrestler but its not much fun to me. It seems like cheating.[/QUOTE] LOL! Man, I remember the countless threads that popped up during 07's planning stages (or what I think were the planning stages) where people were clamoring for the return of the user character. So it gets put in.....and people ignore them. The reasons given here seem to mirror those of what I think would be the case with an auto booker ("It feels like cheating", "Auto booker in a booking sim doesn't feel right", "I use it to book those shows I don't care about", etc). But that's just me, I guess. :)

Remi... I remember the exact same thing! :) Having said that, I'm pretty flexible with the use of my user character. Usually if I'm a small promotion I'll make myself a fairly bad wrestler OR a commentator/road agent. After all, if I'm getting into the wrestlign business I'm going to make myself useful to my company. That's what people do! If I'm playing in a bigger company I usually make myself a jobber with good performance stats OR just avoid using myself. I figure big companies are more likely to hire someone simply to fill a booking position than a small company. But I like having someone I can happily use to help train my youngsters and job whenever I feel like it. The sole exception to this is my user character in my SWF game, Scott Eisen... he's obviously an Eisen (I created the blood relationships for him) and thus gets a lot of heat whenever he's on screen. He's a midcarder, but I don't actually use him very often as he's currently in Richard's bad books in storyline mode. Largely for refusing to earn anything and expecting everything to be given to him. :)

Don't get me wrong... when I played as USPW, and 21CW I used my guy as a wrestler. I didn't give him a Goldberg push though. I just used him to get great matches out of lower card guys. It worked pretty well too. When I play as TCW or something though I use my guy as a commentator cuz I get notes saying the announcing or commentary hurt the match. Usually I play as TCW so its not that I dont want to use my guy I just dont like to give my guy a monster push for fame and glory.

I normally max out everything on my user character, I use him as a road agent and as a wrestler that I have my future talents beat in dark matches.. or if I need someone to win a title because that person is leaving, my user character steps in for that role as well.. and then loses it to someone better the following week.. I've also used him as an annoucer and a main eventer in my SCW game.

Archived