The GDS Power Polls

Astil

I think a poll for the new "Next Big Thing" in pro wrestling would be pretty nifty. There's a lot of talent out there and there's ALWAYS a rising star somewhere. Also... I still mark out for HBK's Sweet Chin Music. One of the prettiest ones ever was against Shelton Benjamin during the Gold Rush tournament a while back. That was pretty. :D

This could be interesting. I just hope we get some fans on independent wrestling on here for some of the questions. So when questions like best current tag-team com up people know who I am talking about when I say the Olsen Twins (though one I guess now works for WWE on ECW ) and Los Ice Creams (wearing their shirt as I type).

[QUOTE=masterded;362402]This could be interesting. I just hope we get some fans on independent wrestling on here for some of the questions. So when questions like best current tag-team com up people know who I am talking about when I say the Olsen Twins (though one I guess now works for WWE on ECW ) and Los Ice Creams (wearing their shirt as I type).[/QUOTE] I doubt Mary-Kate and Ashley are very good in the ring.... :D

For one thing Taker I said symbolized. The same way an actor's role could symbolize something, that's what I'm getting at there. And two, there seems to be adequet interest, so I'm going to open a poll tommorrow during my off time. The current possible tournaments are: Best Current Wrestler Best Cartoon Best Finishing Move Best Current Tag Team Best Television Program (and just for me)Best Video Game if there are any other desired tournaments to be put into the vote, please post it up.

Just to defend Astil a bit, I'm also a Jeff Hardy mark. I just 'get' him more than I do someone like The Undertaker. Ooh, he's a big undead bad-ass. I [I]like[/I] that, his entrance is ace and he's an undeniably quality wrestler, but I just don't relate to him as much as I do someone like Jeff. Jeff is smaller, the underdog, he's more 'out-there' and despite his many failings he (by which I kinda mean the character more than the man) keeps climbing that ladder, he keeps pushing forward. He's not my favourite, but I can relate to him on some level, so he definitley makes my top ten. Oh and Stone Cold F'n Stunner!

Archived