[HYPE] War Of The Immortals - A TEW08 Mod by Tommy

Earlier Grapplers I note you're only taking wrestlers from the 70s onwards. But IMHO this lets out the likes of Gorgeous George, the Fargos, the Grahams, Wild Red Berry, Antonio Rocca, Gene Kiniski, the Vachons, Buddy Rogers, Bobo Brazil, the Sheik, Johnny Valentine, Sputnik Monroe, Wilbur Snyder, Pepper Gomez, Fred Blassie, Danny Hodge, Don Leo Jonathan, Killer Kowalski, Pat O' Connor, Édouard Carpentier, and Bill Miller. Just a thought. I'm sure it'll be great anyhow.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few of those will definitely be in, I'm just saying not to really expect midcarders from the 1970's. If they're big enough for most people to recognise the name (Kiniski, Rogers, Brazil etc) they'll be there. And.. [QUOTE=KColl;418987]I've often wished that there was a mod like this and toyed with the idea myself. One question, how are you going to assign workers to promotions? Randomly or to the promotion they're historically best remembered for?[/QUOTE] As the promotions are fictional, it's tricky to do the last option. Workers will be assigned to the region they're best remembered for (Flair in the Mid-Atlantic, Jim Duggan in the Mid-South) but in order for the game world to be balanced and because modern workers don't really have a region, most promotions rosters are made by figuring out who fits best there. I try for a balance of old/new and try to meet the idea I have for the promotion. For example West Coast Pro Wrestling, a big fed out of California, has guys like Cena, Mysterio, RVD and Rick Rude. None of those (aside from Mysterio and Cena when he was training) have strong links to the West Coast, but they fit the fed. Other promotions don't really have a home base as they're trying to be national, so I put a lot of homeless workers there.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;419110]A few of those will definitely be in, I'm just saying not to really expect midcarders from the 1970's. If they're big enough for most people to recognise the name (Kiniski, Rogers, Brazil etc) they'll be there. And.. As the promotions are fictional, it's tricky to do the last option. Workers will be assigned to the region they're best remembered for (Flair in the Mid-Atlantic, Jim Duggan in the Mid-South) but in order for the game world to be balanced and because modern workers don't really have a region, most promotions rosters are made by figuring out who fits best there. I try for a balance of old/new and try to meet the idea I have for the promotion. For example West Coast Pro Wrestling, a big fed out of California, has guys like Cena, Mysterio, RVD and Rick Rude. None of those (aside from Mysterio and Cena when he was training) have strong links to the West Coast, but they fit the fed. Other promotions don't really have a home base as they're trying to be national, so I put a lot of homeless workers there.[/QUOTE] Cool. I would only expect the big names to be in, I mean I wouldn't want mid-carders from the 50s\60s. If it's a game of legends you've got to have the first Nature Boy and Gorgeous George though. I assumed when you said the promotions were fictional you'd either stick the workers in regions were they were big names or be random....

[QUOTE=KColl;419456]Cool. I would only expect the big names to be in, I mean I wouldn't want mid-carders from the 50s\60s. If it's a game of legends you've got to have the first Nature Boy and Gorgeous George though. [/QUOTE] I don't think it will dissapoint you. Don't want to give too much away, but I've been Playin... Uh, I mean, I've been working hard "TESTING" it out, and I think your going to be pleasantly surprised.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;419499]I don't think it will dissapoint you. Don't want to give too much away, but I've been Playin... Uh, I mean, I've been working hard "TESTING" it out, and I think your going to be pleasantly surprised.[/QUOTE] Look forward to it. It is an intriguing idea. Can't wait to see whose deemed worthy of selection and who ends up where... True dream matches to come I'm sure.

Thought it might be fun to start some more detailed hype, with some promotional spotlights. These aren't in any order, but some feds are more finalised than others so we'll start with them. [SIZE="3"][B]Promotional Spotlight #1 - Big Apple Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4008/bawfa0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE] The 'Capital Of The World' is home to one of America's most successful promotions, which caters to fans of sports entertainment across the North-East. With the promotion's two pillars - Hulk Hogan and Andre The Giant, BAW captivates fans in New York and beyond, selling out Madison Square Garden with its regular supercards. And who wouldn't want to book The Dudley Boyz versus Demolition?[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Immortals [/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2554/hulkhoganxl7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Vincent J. McMahon[/B] - The owner and promoter, The Grandaddy of Sports Entertainment is one of the most respected figures in the industry. [B]Paul Heyman[/B] - The booking genius behind BAW, he has a surprisingly strong working relationship with the elder McMahon, who tempers some of his more outrageous ideas. [B] Hulk Hogan[/B] - BAW is The Hulkster's chosen fed - for now. [B]Andre The Giant[/B] - While Andre tours the country, it is in BAW that he has found most of his success. [B]Cactus Jack[/B] - The Hardcore Legend brings the Hardcore fans, and is a cult hero amongst the promotions more loyal followers. [B]Shane Douglas[/B] - The Franchise is a solid upper mid-carder here, but may not stay long if he doesn't break through the glass ceiling...[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Rest[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] Awesome, Backlund, Striker, Kanyon and.... Rodman?[/QUOTE]

Archived