[HYPE] War Of The Immortals - A TEW08 Mod by Tommy

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;364714]It's a mix of both really, not locked down into a definite time. Hulk Hogan in this could be the Hulk Hogan of the 1980's or the 1990's, Flair could be any time in the 1980's, as could Steamboat. Guys like Austin and The Rock had more specific peaks, so they're easier to figure out. The contentious point of the mod is how I've handled some of the older workers from the 60's and 70's. Buddy Rogers is an semi-active wrestler, but Gorilla Monsoon is an older commentator, just because I think most of the people playing the mod remember Gorilla as the legendary play-by-play guy. Bruno Sammartino is an active wrestler, but Stu Hart is a road agent. I figured not everybody could be an active wrestler at their peak, so I've made a few judgement calls that people can change if they care too much. As for popularity, that's another story all together :)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=tommytomlin;364727]Already have 732 workers, looking at about 1000 for the release, and about 20 promotions. Will get some testers in the next month or so once I've got the simulation down pat, because I know I'm forgetting a bunch of workers. As for popularity, its a regional thing mainly. Massive names are popular everywhere (Andre, Hogan, Flair, Austin, Rock etc), while 'newer' main-eventers or guys that never really broke into superstardom (Cena, HBK, Sting) have high popularity in certain areas but are in the 60's or 70's elsewhere.[/QUOTE] This sounds extremely interesting. Thanks for answering my question best you could at this point. To be honest, I pretty much think your "View" so far fits what I would expect. I'm definately thinking it will more then likely surpass my expectations (as did your other's)!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=James Casey;381059]In terms of promotion sizes, how is the game world balancing having the necessary number of large promotions to maintain so many big stars? Or are there only a sprinkling of top stars per fed? Also, do you have any plans for new workers?[/QUOTE] There aren't any large promotions :D While there are big stars who are popular all over (Andre, Undertaker, Austin, Hogan, Rock, Flair etc), overness is set regionally. Guys in the Texas Wrestling Alliance like Booker T have their awesome skills, and in Texas and the South East they're popular, but in the North West they're barely pushing the 50's or 60's. So the only way to get BIG is to use your few stars to make your other guys popular in enough regions that you hit National, so you can hire the other big names to make your guys popular enough to reach Global. At least, that's how I want it to work.

• 2 months later...
Haven't posted much because there's nothing much to hype at the moment. I'd planned on doing some promotional profiles but I want to finalise the rosters before that. Obviously it's tricky to find the right balance in terms of star power and era for each promotion. It's definitely going strong though, I want to add another 50-100 more workers but this should be released a few months after TEW08.

I have to ask, out of curiosity. How are you doing the rosters? I'm imagining a territorial type thing going on in a few places and regional battle's. Maybe WWE and WWF and WWWF all in the same game.. All the big territories from the past (and later incarnations, as seperate promotions), as well as newer promotions such as ROH and TNA. Then using the most famous roster's on each one. Your other mods are kind of set in the "Halfway" Era, so I'm thinking that this might be how you would do it. For example, I can see there being an ECW with all the most famous people from there in it. I can see the MACW, Georgia Championship wrestling, and the like with the most popular people they had on their roster's (As mainstays at the time, not passing through). I can see perhaps a Generic AWA type promotion, with all the smaller promotions stars put aboard it (to keep them competitive). OR... I can see you going a totally different route, using today's promotions, and having all these worker's in the pool to be picked up. Meaning no one's in a set promotion (although definately can assign some type of preference's -Just in case they get an offer, don't want them getting connected TOO fast to a promotion). Just can't wait to see this one Tommy. I think it's probably quite a bit harder then it sounds.

Didn't I email you the data a few months ago to test? I think you're going senile :D The promotions are made-up, but based in reality. It's a territorial system, with no feds above Cult. Some are obvious representations of real feds (i.e Mid-Atlantic Pro Wrestling run by Crockett, Mid-South Championship Wrestling run by Watts, the Mid-West Wrestling Alliance run by the Gagnes), others are there to fill a gap (Worldwide Women's Wrestling) or a particular style of wrestling (Extreme Sports Entertainment, run by Vince Russo). All feds will have a full starting roster, so it's not just 'chuck everyone in one mod', it's an active game world with a clear race to National.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;416885][B]Didn't I email you the data a few months ago to test? I think you're going senile :D[/B] The promotions are made-up, but based in reality. It's a territorial system, with no feds above Cult. Some are obvious representations of real feds (i.e Mid-Atlantic Pro Wrestling run by Crockett, Mid-South Championship Wrestling run by Watts, the Mid-West Wrestling Alliance run by the Gagnes), others are there to fill a gap (Worldwide Women's Wrestling) or a particular style of wrestling (Extreme Sports Entertainment, run by Vince Russo). All feds will have a full starting roster, so it's not just 'chuck everyone in one mod', it's an active game world with a clear race to National.[/QUOTE] Tommy, I don't remember receiving anything, I surely don't have it (and I deleted most my emails just the other day... I would have been busy playin... umm, testing it, lol.

[QUOTE=basketball45231;416948]will there also be all-time great midcard guys that never made it to the main event scene? or will it be where good guys fall into that role naturally, meaning someone like Booker T cuz there is too many guys in the main event for him to be there?[/QUOTE] He has more then it sounds. You have your tag team guys, as well as everyone else. It's going to be EXACTLY what you would want from something like this.

This is another italian Fed... [url]http://www.tcw-wrestling.com/ribelli.htm[/url] The product is more hard-coe extreme style. [url]http://www.2pwrestling.it/protagonisti.htm[/url] This is more based on puro style And this is another one [url]http://www.fcw-entertainment.com/[/url] Is a "Dojo" based one. The trainee is The Greatest, i think one of the first italian starting wrestling. Hope this could be useful for your DB

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;417234]I don't think you get it? It's not a current real world mod, might be best posting that in the thread for 1RC or T-Zone.[/QUOTE] I think he meant to put it in that Huge "Behemod" being worked on in this same section. Some of those character's are pretty cool looking, thought.

Kudos For The Idea I've often wished that there was a mod like this and toyed with the idea myself. One question, how are you going to assign workers to promotions? Randomly or to the promotion they're historically best remembered for?

Archived