Journal discussion thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=thedraem41;425612]I actually hope he brings back the Dojo's to run independently in the world and for them to also be ran by promotions(crosses fingers) The game is looking awesome.[/QUOTE] It was one of the topics Adam and I discussed, so hopefully it made it's way in. I actually don't know if any of my ideas made it or anything, and nor do I expect it of Adam to have done.

[quote=Blackman;425817]Given only few additions to the journal remain, I'd like to see another big one pop up one of the coming days. :D *crosses fingers*[/quote] Yeah there is one that I'm thinking of, that may be one of the most popular ideas on this forum that hasn't shown up yet, that I'm hoping he's waiting to unveil towards the end...

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;425807]It was one of the topics Adam and I discussed, so hopefully it made it's way in. I actually don't know if any of my ideas made it or anything, and nor do I expect it of Adam to have done.[/QUOTE] Over the past year, I've really been focusing on the Puro scene and it's almost needed to properly simulate it. Also, it makes sense with the other regions as well. Thanks for the info.

[QUOTE=thedraem41;425825]Over the past year, I've really been focusing on the Puro scene and it's almost needed to properly simulate it. Also, it makes sense with the other regions as well. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE] The problem is overall, that the Japanese industry is completely different to the American/rest of the world's industry, so in general, it would have to be an entirely new game. That is pretty much shown with Adam in the 07 edition of the game, having seperate things for Japan and then the rest of the world (Young Lions, loyalty, etc.) I will be releasing my puro data for 08, but only on EWB FYI.

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;425830]The problem is overall, that the Japanese industry is completely different to the American/rest of the world's industry, so in general, it would have to be an entirely new game. That is pretty much shown with Adam in the 07 edition of the game, having seperate things for Japan and then the rest of the world (Young Lions, loyalty, etc.) I will be releasing my puro data for 08, but only on EWB FYI.[/QUOTE] That is true, but the Dojo's being back and having the option for promotions to open their own as well would simulate Puro..well close enough while giving the rest of the regions simulated wrestling schools. The AI for title defenses in Puro run promotions wasn't realistic, but there's no shame there. As that'd probably take a lot of work to code.

I'm a fan of the new additions in the sense that it will allow you to not only book dog collar matches & Texas Strap match efficiently but will also allow you to create matches of your own that use such things. Very cool. Thanks again adam! Great game

[QUOTE=Lita Maivia;425868]I'm still hoping Lumberjack matches are in somehow so that you can select how many workers (and who) are at ringside. With the number of lumberjack matches in the women's division this year alone, I've really been wanting to do some of those.[/QUOTE] Well I have to say I think its extremely likely you are going to be disappointed then - this was addition 91 (?) of 100 - if Adam was going to add lumberjack matches then I think its almost certain he would have put that in this journal entry.

I think it might be the point. It is much more realistic. If say hulk hogan is getting o say 500,000 a month, ric flair sting and kevin nash are going to all want atleast that much. It is just the way it happens.

I'm a huge fan of this new addition! This just creates another sense of calculated game play... Normally I would keep my main eventers around regardless of their talent because I knew it would benefit me in the end. However, now if their contact comes up and they want top dollar... I don't want to pay that to him and also know that others will probably want as much if not more. Very cool. Good call on this one.

not having played much wmma, it may already work this way, but i hope that the feature takes into account, the wrestlers business sense and demeanor. if he is a shy guy with no business sense he going to look at what he's not going to think about looking at what other guys are making. If he's got great business sense and knows how much you paid that other guy that he's better than he going to demand not just as much but more. conversely i think once if a guys been sitting at home on his butt for a year, the game should take into account how much he's banked before he turns down my low ball offer. I mean Goldberg can walk away from the sport he's banked so much it doesn't matter, but a much smaller star, who hasn't banked as much is going to need that job. as for bank roll how quickly they go through it should be based on personality as well. some guys are going to squirrel it away, others are going to live for today and spare no expense, to though they make the big buck they may walk away form a contract with little or no money to their name. just my thought on Pay Parrity.

[QUOTE=alden;426136]I think it might be the point. It is much more realistic. If say hulk hogan is getting o say 500,000 a month, ric flair sting and kevin nash are going to all want atleast that much. It is just the way it happens.[/QUOTE] Yeah I know. That was kinda my point. :D

[QUOTE]#90: AI Call Ups As an addition to the development territory changes mentioned in an earlier post, the way that the AI handles its developmental workers has also been altered. In previous games computer-controlled promotions would only bring development talent onto their main roster if they were genuinely a worker that they were interested in anyway. In 2008, it is handled in a more realistic manner; [B]once the worker has developed sufficiently (based on his stats, personality, stat caps and destiny[/B]), the parent company will call them up and add them to the main roster. This results in a better flow of talent in a promotion, and also makes AI development territories much more important.[/QUOTE] Just re-reading the Journal, and noticed this. Does the AI have access to the game's hidden stats? I'd presumed not, but if call-ups are based on stats caps and destiny in particular, it seems that this is a distinct advantage to the AI.

[QUOTE=James Casey;426165]Just re-reading the Journal, and noticed this. Does the AI have access to the game's hidden stats? I'd presumed not, but if call-ups are based on stats caps and destiny in particular, it seems that this is a distinct advantage to the AI.[/QUOTE] Yes, but we have and advantage over the AI, namely a soul.

[QUOTE=Frank_Vest;426184]Yes, but we have and advantage over the AI, namely a soul.[/QUOTE] That's a disadvantage! It's out of sheer compassion I still keep losers like The Mammoth employed. He won't have anywhere else to turn to... Poor guy. :D

[QUOTE=James Casey;426165]Just re-reading the Journal, and noticed this. Does the AI have access to the game's hidden stats? I'd presumed not, but if call-ups are based on stats caps and destiny in particular, it seems that this is a distinct advantage to the AI.[/QUOTE] I have always thought we had hidden clue's to the destiny stat in the form of "Talking to" sections. When they say something like "Such and such is going to be pretty much a permanant stay on the midcard scene" or "He can improve at this or that, but pretty much reached his peak on that and this" Just thought that was little hints of the Destiny for each person under our promotion.... things we wouldn't know without them being in the promotion itself. Either way, your playing an AI, not a human... that's an advantage in itself.

^^ What he said. Also, there were several indications in the Internet reports if you took the time to read them ;). This year's Creative Meeting has a Next Big Things and a Hot Prospects section too, which is obviously going to be a fairly big indication.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;426225]^^ What he said. Also, there were several indications in the Internet reports if you took the time to read them ;). This year's Creative Meeting has a Next Big Things and a Hot Prospects section too, which is obviously going to be a fairly big indication.[/QUOTE] Translation: Listen to Big Smack Scott when he says he is the MVP of the SWF.

Archived