What are some of your biggest upsets?

When I was running GAMMA I was running a TV show and was protecting Raul Hughes for a big fight with James Foster or Shane Gilchrist so I give him an easy fight against Vincent Chapin for the title as I thought ther was no way he could lose, so Hughes decides to go and get KO'ed. Unbelievable. He lost the title and all my plans were wrecked and Fatuma Roy ended up getting the title form him on his first defence. And then another upset comes along. It was all set, Gilchrist would beat Roy and then go onto the biggest fight since I'd been there against Foster so what happens? He loses by decision. eventually Foster TKO'ed Roy for the title and a year later he went up against Gilchrist in a massive 5 star fight with Foster won.

Easy for me. Real world Mod, controlling the UFC... I sign Fedor to throwdown with Couture. First I have Randy Fight Nogeria to "unify" or get his belt back. Randy wins. Next card I have Fedor fight a "tune-up" fight against Justin Freakin McCully, and McCully wins VIA doctor Stoppage in Rnd 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
George Laurent def. Lefter Oktay (TKO) Mike Watson def. Greg Atteveld (Unanimous Decision) Petey Mack def. JJ Reid (TKO) and Then Bixente Fontaine def. Petey Mack (Unanimous Decision) Stratos Papaioannou def. Zvonimir Asanovic (KO 0:37 seconds 1st round) Mugur Boc def. Rick Stanley (TKO) Bae Yoon def. Marcus Speed (TKO) Hans-Peter Schneider def. Andrew Rush (KO) Ethan Sutton def. Sukarno (Unanimous Decision) Jeremy Sproule def. Gustavo Bautista (KO) Buddy Garner def. Andrew Rush (Unanimous Decision)

• 2 weeks later...
Joe Stevenson Destroyed Sean Sherk he had two 10-8 rounds then knocked him the fudge out Rich Franklin beat SILVA!!!!!! 3-0 Cory Hill beat 27-3 ( i think!) Takanori Gomi Cole Miller beat Clay Guida and the worst of all of all Rich Clementi subs Matt Serra for the Welterweight title so i quickly made a new game and decided not to give Serra a can defence. OH and Sam Stout knocking out BJ Penn.

Catcher winning my LHW title twice... and then losing it on his first defence both times (he isn't getting a third shot) Emma Birch had a streak against some minor names (she works for both my created promotion and the WEFF) so the WEFF put her in a match against Jenny DeNeuve... she wins... by submission. Next time I go to book a match, I find that her vs Umeka Fujiwara (my women's champ) is rated high, so I make the match and she TKOs Umeka (who was 10-0). I really don't like Emma anymore...

I think this might be the biggest upset of them all I signed Gomi to the UFC, I was gonna start building him up for a potential fight with lightweight champ BJ Penn, I give him Andy Wang as a tune-up for his first fight, Wang wins via first round superman punch.

How about this.. Gunnar Nilsson loses to Jean-Pierre Richelleau. I was giving Gunnar an easy win before I put him up against Hassan Fezzik. As a result of that loss (and the fact that Nilsson took 4 months off before he'd be willing to fight), the match with Fezzik ended up going to Kunimichi Kikuchi. Fezzik won, and it was a 5 star match. Not sure if Nilsson would have been able to put on a 5 star match with Fezzik, so maybe this was for the best.

• 4 weeks later...
Perry Barr started losing and I turned him into "jobber" status, so I put him on a Set Standard contract. He joins GAMMA and and gets two wins, gets a title shot at James Foster and beats him. I still keep keep him on a Set Standard contract so he can build his name in GAMMA and drop it to some of my exclusive fighters. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Not in my promotion, but in EXC in the year 2014 none other than Kimbo Slice won the Heavyweight Title at the age of 40. He took a split decision over Rafael Feijao after winning four straight against formidable opponents. This is his first and most likely only title reign, given his age and the fact that he's defending against Antonio Silva in a matter of days (rubber match between the two, Kimbo KO'd him in round 1 in 2010 and Silva returned the favor with a 2nd Round KO in 2012)

[QUOTE=CapCee;455926]Not in my promotion, but in EXC in the year 2014 none other than Kimbo Slice won the Heavyweight Title at the age of 40. He took a split decision over Rafael Feijao after winning four straight against formidable opponents. This is his first and most likely only title reign, given his age and the fact that he's defending against Antonio Silva in a matter of days (rubber match between the two, Kimbo KO'd him in round 1 in 2010 and Silva returned the favor with a 2nd Round KO in 2012)[/QUOTE] Ohhhh kay...... so, Kimbo KO's Silva with 2:04 left in the last round, retaining his title in a 5-star fight. He is now the #7 ranked Heavyweight in the world. Didn't think he had a chance to pull it off at 40 against the 34 year old.

Houston Alexander TKO'ed Wanderlei Silva at UFC 90 in 1:28. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou KO'ed Chuck Liddell at UFC 92. Jess Liaudin TKO'ed Georges St. Pierre in Round 1 at UFC 94. Houston Alexander almost started to look impressive with upset wins over Sokoudjou and Silva, but then suffered a KO loss to Matt Hamill, which I suppose you could also call an upset. Rameau has been up and down. He KO'ed Luis Cane, lost to Houston Alexander by TKO, then KO'ed David Heath and Chuck Liddell. All of his wins in the UFC are by KO. His next opponent is Forrest Griffin at UFC 95. Liaudin has been one huge upset, he's been on an absolute tear beating Akihiro Gono, Marcus Davis, and GSP since the game started. Puts him on a five fight winning streak. He's now the #1 contender for Jon Fitch's welterweight title.

Archived