What are some of your biggest upsets?

For me, I just had two back to back. Jenny DeNeuve has been tearing up everyone and even won the WEFF Lightweight Title. Then her win streak is broken at 12 by Jennie Gill by TKO at the 8:16 mark in the first round! I meant to give her an easy match next, and so I booked her against Mary Diaz, who actually beat her by TKO at the 0:33 mark of the second round! So yeah, two super major upsets there. The second one especially sounds like some virtual unknown beating Fedor, ha! In fact, Mary broke Jenny's nose even.

6. WORLD GRAND PRIX 2001 FIRST ROUND: Mick Curran (5-1) defeated Aleksander Ivanov (10-2) at 9:20 in Rd 2 with a high kick You gotta go a ways to beat that one. Ivanov is my heavyweight champion, and Curran knocked him out in easily the biggest upset in my promotion's history.

I signed Petey Mack in GAMMA and he ran roughshod over everyone, only to lose to Mike Watson in his eventual title shot. I wanted to put Mack over as champ, so I threw everyone who Mack hadn't fought recently at him and Bill Brown, of all people, won it... then beat Mack in the title match. Petey's about 10-0 in non title matches -- beat LeToussier & Asanovic twice each -- but he's 0-2 with the belt on the line. Watson, I wasn't surprised, but Brown, who was kind of a middling fighter before winning the belt, shocked me.

[QUOTE=Nephrinn;369628]Drew Jenks beat 3 good to excellent fighters in a row: Ashely Ballard (KO) John Rivero (Decision) Christopher Sharp (Decision) I was shocked and not very pleased. :p[/QUOTE] Actually, I'd only consider the Ballard win an upset because Jenks won by KO. If it's a decision, Jenks is probably going to win and sharp is GNP so Jenks matches up well against him with his wrestling. I'd consider the Rivero win another styles make fights win. Jenks doesn't have a lot of potential though because he's in Halvorsen's gym which focuses on wrestling which Jenks is already good at.

Pretty much everyone beating Lefter Oktay at LHW. He lost to Raul Hughes at heavyweight and moved down, since then he's been atrocious. Zvonimir Asanovic Christopher Sharpe Anthony Le Toussier Raul Hughes (LHW) Leon Banks Some decent guys on their but he should really be beating them all. At the minute he holds a 10-6 record.

Sukarno sucks. Well, in my game at least... he lost his first two fights to guys I consider my mid level fighters... beat Grant Capelli and then lost to another mid level fighter. Still... even though he can't beat many people, at least he's exciting enough to be worth keeping around. As a created promotion competing with ALPHA and GAMMA is tough to do without some exciting and/or big name fighters.

• 1 month later...

Archived