Updated Real World Data (inside)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=MrCanada;386930]I should also note I may combine ECW & SmackDown! into one promotion since the cross-brand **** that goes down between them is getting more and more intense.[/QUOTE] I have found that making them one brand (when using brands) does allow them to hold the brands together.

[QUOTE=flashmagic;386978]Why would you remove IWRG? They run shows at least once a week.[/QUOTE] probably because their website is non-existent and it's about as easy to get info on them as it is Afa the Samoan's WXW... And that places like cagematch.de haven't posted show results on them since late last year. All good enough reasons for me.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;387042]probably because their website is non-existent and it's about as easy to get info on them as it is Afa the Samoan's WXW... And that places like cagematch.de haven't posted show results on them since late last year. All good enough reasons for me.[/QUOTE] I can agree with this point. There are way too many promotions in the US in the game. A lot of them may still be active but they are just glorified training groups. (you can disagree all you want) Yes some are needed to balance out the US otherwise you would have empty "regions". But on the whole most of them will not put on measuable shows and are just wasted mod coding to most except the people who cultly follow them. I see the flip side too where some do run well but they can not keep up a website which then makes it a coin flip for the mod maker as they have no info other then the promotion name and owner maybe. I think in todays age a current website is key for a wrestling promotion as it is the easiest way to reach out to a broader audiance and a good way to bring the local fans in deeper. It is also a good way to get your wrestler name out there for others to see kind of like a live resume. One way to do some is to make them future promotions with the explaniation that they are now big enough to make a run at competing with the "big boys"

[QUOTE=MrCanada;386930]I should also note I may combine ECW & SmackDown! into one promotion since the cross-brand **** that goes down between them is getting more and more intense.[/QUOTE] I like that idea, have Vince in control of RAW and the rest of the McMahon's in control of Smackdown, with ECW as a brand within a brand.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;387042]probably because their website is non-existent and it's about as easy to get info on them as it is Afa the Samoan's WXW... And that places like cagematch.de haven't posted show results on them since late last year. All good enough reasons for me.[/QUOTE] Really? I mean cubsfan posts results on his blog, and luchawiki fills in a who is who with pics. Really the only thing that is hard to come by with them is dates of birth, and usually through pics you can figure a general age range. Places like [URL="http://www.thegladiatores.com/"]http://www.thegladiatores.com/[/URL] give great rundowns weekly of the matches. With a bit of research, it's definitely manageable to keep up with.

[QUOTE=flashmagic;387377]Really? I mean cubsfan posts results on his blog, and luchawiki fills in a who is who with pics. Really the only thing that is hard to come by with them is dates of birth, and usually through pics you can figure a general age range. Places like [URL="http://www.thegladiatores.com/"]http://www.thegladiatores.com/[/URL] give great rundowns weekly of the matches. With a bit of research, it's definitely manageable to keep up with.[/QUOTE] I have a list of 30 or so promotions that aren't in the game that realistically would be easier to work with. In this day in age, with the internet and technology... If someone has to look "that hard" to find info, they're probably not worth adding. Hell, I could have added ETWA (Ransik and co) in and had an easier means of "maintaining the data" so to speak. And if he weren't posting updates in his "blog" then what? It's not just about birth dates. It's about title changes, defences, tag teams, who comes and who goes, gimmick changes, injuries etc.. And when there's disputes even here about who is working for who, I'd rather have more proof than someone's "blogs". no offense. I might as well add myspace promotions then.

cubs is basically the go to guy in covering lucha in English, he collects all the lucha news (results, news, injuries, etc.) and converts it for the gringos who follow. If you want to be ignorant about lucha then go right ahead, but don't knock the guy because he runs his site as a blog. The problem with lucha's coverage is Mexico is still very much living in a different era. Computers, & technology, & the modern age mean very little. Mexico is more like the territorial system of the late 70's, where wrestling draws, no matter what. So groups run the same venues and draw. So their is no need to create expensive websites to advertise and release info about groups, they draw just fine without any advertising. The majority of net fans from Mexico are a very small minority of Mexican fans. Sadly because of this minority lucha coverage is mainly covered on message boards, with some coverage on Mexican newspaper websites like ESTO.

[QUOTE=flashmagic;387400]If you want to be ignorant about lucha then go right ahead[/QUOTE] if other people want to update their games based off his reports, no one is holding a gun to their head going "no! fk u.." For now, in my data, they're out. I still have the original untouched T-Zone data and can add them in whenever I see fit should I decide to do so.

well there is no point argueing this point. I play the data for me, I release it because I make it anyway and I dont feel like digging up IWRG info when I know basically nothing about them already. Also I dont mind have the game smaller (removing wrestlers and promotions) because the game runs faster. It seems data is either HUGE or called a "lite" why not just have a normal version. Who really needs "former WCW jobber who hasnt been heard from in 8 years Robbie Rage" in the data. Bottom line, I'm not putting them back in until I find the need to because I just dont care. I invite you to take my t-zone mod and re-add them and keep your own data up-to-date and release to the public.

I'm just pointing out that you shouldn't go touting it as "Updated REAL WORLD DATA" when your basically rewriting reality. Call it as it is, it's not an updated real world data, it's a fantasy scenario using real people. By the way did you ever get Forlan's permission to release?

[QUOTE=flashmagic;387473] By the way did you ever get Forlan's permission to release?[/QUOTE] Forlan is aware of MrCanada's release as well as the fact that I've been working on my own version of the update as well. If he had a problem with it, he would have come on and said something. [QUOTE=flashmagic;387473]I'm just pointing out that you shouldn't go touting it as "Updated REAL WORLD DATA" when your basically rewriting reality. Call it as it is, it's not an updated real world data, it's a fantasy scenario using real people.[/QUOTE] If I'm not mistaken, Forlan took the same stance we have. "It's my data, I can add whomever I want." While it was nice and all for Forlan to share his work, he made it clear several times he didn't have to. And that first and foremost he made the data for him. And he would include whatever he wanted. If either of us see a reason to take a promotion out, we're going to do it. If you decide to use something either of us release and you have a problem with it you certainly have a means to changing something to suit your perspective. I've already explained why I chose to remove them. Canada has as well. Although I think removing promotions to "increase speed" is kind of silly considering 08 is being improved upon and the game engine is designed to run better and faster than 07. Canada and I also share a difference in updates. So to each their own.

Appreciate all of your hard work with this MOD, no complaints here, I hate booking 3 brands for WWE personally, so it's right up my alley (though I'll probably play as ROH or something anyway, I'm so sick and tired of WWE) Good job though, I'll definitely be checking it out

[QUOTE=DarkMaverick87;389089]Is it just me or is there no longer a working link for this mod?[/QUOTE] theres on on the second page i think. hey i need ideas. Im in control of Raw i need 3 more guys to make my roster size right. who should i sign? i tried signing austin he said no :/ any ideas on who i should sign?

[QUOTE=Eternal Damnation;389548]theres on on the second page i think. hey i need ideas. Im in control of Raw i need 3 more guys to make my roster size right. who should i sign? i tried signing austin he said no :/ any ideas on who i should sign?[/QUOTE] Why not bring in 3 development workers

[QUOTE=cyberkitten01;389919]I'd like a link too please :) The last link was from the end of Feb before the March 1 update Canada posted about, so I'm hoping there's a fresh up to date release around somewhere. And The Stallion is great and deserves his real world download :)[/QUOTE] Im blushing, seriously! :D

Mike Tyson's biography is still wrong. He never fought Riddick Bowe. It was James Buster Douglas he fought in Japan. Could someone fix this error please? Thanks. Plus the spelling mistake in the bio. Yours truely, World Champion Speller

Archived