C-Verse DOTM February 2008 Nomination Thread

Seeing as mention has been made of this in the Real World DOTM thread and nobody else seems to be taking it on at the moment, here is the nomination thread for C-verse diaries. Following pretty much the same pattern as the Real World DOTM (seeing as G-Prime does such a good job there, might as well just copy!), rules are as follows: Dynasty must be nominated by someone other than the author. Dynasty must have posted at least two shows since the month started. Dynasty must have at least five shows total. Dynasty must be a C-Verse dynasty (or another fictional -verse) As this is not yet established, there will be no voting panel for this month, nor are any diaries unavailable for selection. In future months, we can always incorporate the 'they won last month, so can't be nominated' thing if people wish. Let me know your thoughts. I'm also thinking that we could nick a few basic ideas from the year end awards and not just do C-verse dynasty of the month, but the following... 1) C-verse Wrestler of the month - which wrestler has made the most impact in a diary? 2) C-verse Feud of the month - which ongoing battle has really caught your imagination? 3) C-verse Show of the month - has there been a particular show that stood out for you because of overall quality or the way it was put together? I don't want to add too many of those, because it'll get too complicated. But it's just a thought and might spread the love around a bit more! :p Would anyone think this a good idea? So basically, put your nomination in the thread...I'll add it to the first post...and then we'll put up a poll of all those diaries nominated towards the end of the month for public voting. Off we go! Currently nominated... [B]Subscribe to the ROF Newsletter [/B]by Marcel Fromage [B]Generations [/B]by Wallbanger [B]NYCW: Old School Revisited [/B]by Dragonmack [B]Burning Desire, Raising the Hammer [/B]by Tigerkinney [B]FWE - Without Your Kids [/B]by Eayragt [B]TCW - The British Invasion [/B]by Regis [B]TCW: I'm not firing Nation of Filth![/B] by MVP! [B]Secrets of the Ring Volume 2: Peter Michaels and SWF 2011 [/B]by No-Neck [B]PGHW: Regaining the Glory [/B]by Passagetohonour [B]USPW: Ages 65 and older get in free [/B]by J Silver [B]MWA - This Means War![/B] by Scapino1974

My vote for DOTM for this month goes to "Subscribe to the ROF Newsletter". It's perhaps the best I've ever seen on this forum, and although I'm reluctant to nominate due to looking at the person who created this thread - it really does deserve every award going.

The extra categories are a little much in my book. But hey, it's your awards, you're the one who has to do the work ;) Nice to see someone doing this, since Adam stopped pinning the C-Verse diaries, I've felt kind of guilty for not including y'all. I'd make a nomination, but both C-Verse diaries I read aren't quite active.

As already said, it's your baby so you can do what you want with it. However, I would have to agree with Primey that too many catergories may not be a great idea. I think once the voting is under way the fact that all people have to do is click a button on a poll is the reason it is so popular. I know from experience that DOTM is more popular even than DOTY in terms of votes and I put that down to the ease of it. But as I say, it's your call.

[QUOTE=G-Prime;372929]The extra categories are a little much in my book. But hey, it's your awards, you're the one who has to do the work ;) Nice to see someone doing this, since Adam stopped pinning the C-Verse diaries, I've felt kind of guilty for not including y'all. I'd make a nomination, but both C-Verse diaries I read aren't quite active.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=keefmoon;372936]As already said, it's your baby so you can do what you want with it. However, I would have to agree with Primey that too many catergories may not be a great idea. I think once the voting is under way the fact that all people have to do is click a button on a poll is the reason it is so popular. I know from experience that DOTM is more popular even than DOTY in terms of votes and I put that down to the ease of it. But as I say, it's your call.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the feedback, guys. You may be right - I'll see what a few others says and then decide on it. If there were multiple categories, they'd still just appear as polls - maybe the main poll as normal at the top of the thread, and then the 3 others inserted in the opening message of the thread. I've used Polldaddy for polls in my own dynasty and they've worked quite well, so I'd probably go with that for those polls. It would mean that people could just choose to vote for the main dynasty award if they wanted.

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;372969]Well, let me get the nominations rolling. Since Monkeypox is MIA, and J Silver already got enough DOTY love, let me go ahead and start sucking up to the thread creator ;) :p and nominate Suscribe to the ROF Newsletter by Marcel Fromage[/QUOTE] It's okay. I don't mind the odd suck-up. :cool:

[B]I nominate Generations by Wallbanger. [/B] Not only does he create a very compelling backstory surrounding the Heidenreich challenge (create a wrestler with max stats in everything EXCEPT in-ring skills which are all at 0%) he also writes an interesting insight into the C-verses most compelling wrestling family, the Stones.

I second both nominations so far, and also nominate NYCW: Old School Revisited, by Dragonmack. It's a great diary, and I also love NYCW. Also, if I can nominate two, I'd also like to suggest Tigerkinney's Burning Desire: Raising the Hammer, because it's actually got me interested in japanese feds of any kind.

A few I'd put up for nomination are [B]MVP's TCW: I'm Not Firing Nation of Filth![/B] [I]Two highly promising TCW diaries on here, the other one's already been nominated.[/I] [I]Good presentation so far and some good storyline's already brewing up, such as Chance Fortune as the arrogant champion of the All Action Division and Wolf Hawkins under siege from a mystery attacker.[/I] [B]No-Neck's Secrets of the Ring Volume Two: Peter Michaels and SWF 2011.[/B] [I]The one minor criticism I had of this was that No-Neck did not put a roster up before hand, seeing as we are joining the SWF story 4 years later, but as Sebsplex pointed out it does sort of work that the story unfolds. [/I] [I]No-Neck has the style just right for SWF concentrating more on how the Wrestlers get over with the fans, rather than the in-ring action itself in his match write-ups and writing from the point of view of the 'J.R-esque' Peter Michaels.[/I] [B]PassagetoHonours PGHW: Regaining the Glory (Cornellverse 2009)-[/B] [I]A fairly under-rated diary in my opinion , his match write-up's are really good and like No Neck has done with SWF he's really grasped the style of the promotion he is running with. Wisely he's not veered too much away from what PGHW is all about the 'in-ring competition' but a few characters and competition driven storylines are starting to emerge to make things a bit more intriguing for the reader. [/I] [I]As for potential cult favourites..... His protrayal of Josh Taylor as a madman in 'love' with a steel chair that he wields to do damage to his opponents and calls 'Chairyloo' is a stroke of creative genius.[/I]

Archived