1. 1. Real World DOTM Voting Thread

• WWE: The Next Generation by IMac
    • WCW 1998: Enter The Dark by TragicHeroParade
    • WWF vs WCW: The War Begins by SHaynes23 and nimo34
    • When Writers Strike: NBC Wrestling by mistaken
    • ECW Worldwide by Nevermore
    • The New NWA by dse81
    • GCW: From Georgia to the World by angeldelayette

[B]WWE: The Next Generation[/B] by IMac [B]WCW 1998: Enter The Dark[/B] by TragicHeroParade [B]WWF vs WCW: The War Begins[/B] by SHaynes23 and nimo34 [B]When Writers Strike: NBC Wrestling[/B] by mistaken [B]ECW Worldwide[/B] by Nevermore [B]The New NWA[/B] by dse81 [B]GCW: From Georgia to the World[/B] by angeldelayette Y'all have one week.

Nevermore this month for me. He's been on the top of his game with the mysterious videos and I don't think it's all over yet. Even if all the best diaries of all time were eligible this month I still think Nevvy would have won. Credible mentions to War Begins and Enter The Dark, but this month belonged to Nevermore.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;396821]Nevermore this month for me. He's been on the top of his game with the mysterious videos and I don't think it's all over yet. Even if all the best diaries of all time were eligible this month I still think Nevvy would have won.[/QUOTE] I agree wholeheartedly, Nevermore has taken it to a whole other level.

I voted for WWF vs. WCW The WAr Begins. But this was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in awhile, as far as TEW goes. Nevermore has been amazing with Worldwide, but there were a few deciding factors for me. One was I was just never that big on a ECW mark. I always had trouble finding it on TV etc when I was growing up, so it's a little harder for me to get into it. Plus I was late in the game on reading diary's and his is like 600000 pages long. I've been following it for the past 4 months or so, anf when I get free time I still go back to the beginning and try to get the backstory, but it's still hard for me at time to understand why certain things are happening because of joining it late. So those were the deciding factors for me, even though neither of them were any fault of Nevy's

Thank you to those who have voted for mine so far! I really and truly appreciate it. [QUOTE=SHaynes23;397003]I went with GCW: From Georgia to the World. I personally love DOTT and it's my favorite mod by far, and it's the best DOTT dynasty going right now.[/QUOTE] That is a very high honor coming from you. Your diaries have ALWAYS been entertaining here. I truly appreciate the words. As far as my vote, it went to the WWF vs. WCW: The War Begins diary. Forever entertaining since the beginning.

Thank you very much to everyone who voted for me; genuinely, I mean that. However, instead of an acceptance speech, I'm gonna share some opinions for which I hope I don't get flamed. These are my views on how to genuinely improve the whole process. First, however, I'd like to say that, while this accolade is nice, the recognition that I REALLY appreciate is all of the readers of 'Worldwide bothering to take the time to: [LIST=1] [*]read it in the first place [*]leave constructive feedback [/LIST] That's what makes it so rewarding. Okay, now for the harsh stuff :D - I won't be a twat and name names or anything. Firstly, I've never held this DOTM competition in particularly high esteem, not because of a lack of effort in how it is run (cheers for your efforts, Prime ;)) but more due to its initial premise and the attitudes with which it is greeted. By this I mean that it is a Diary of the [B]MONTH[/B] competition and should be viewed as such. So, therefore, whether a diary has been "entertaining since the beginning" is a moot point; we had year-end awards last year and will, surely, have them again. These threads are supposed to reward the efforts of a given writer's work within one single month. BTW, just to clear up, that's why I'm not a huge fan; I think it favours Crash TV style, which I personally don't go for but that's probably just me :p. And, as for rewarding efforts, there seems to be a sore lack of that sometimes. Voting for someone to "stay loyal", for example, is pointless. This isn't the Eurovision Song Contest; it's a genuine opportunity for writers to gauge the popularity of their diary. Thus, voting for them for any other reason than their being the best is not helpful. Same goes for voting for yourself. I won't milk this one because I know it's been mentioned before. However, again, this is an opportunity to see how well respected your work is; whose is more respected and, as a result, who you can go to for advice should you wish (and, yes, as I have always said I'm open for just that for any of the writers just starting out). So, voting for oneself not only scews the voting from its intended purpose but would result in, at best, a hollow victory, surely? Finally, and I'm just putting this out here, not voting for someone because you don't understand the scenario or find it difficult is legitimate. Then again, does voting for a diary really have much of a point when you're unaware of its competition? Personally, I have always abstained from voting in these things because I don't think I'm qualified enough to comment. I only know/knew a few diaries besides my own. Just a thought... Now, I've saved this little rundown until I actually won one of these in the hope that there aren't cries of [I]"bitter"[/I] or such as. These are my views on how to vastly improve this whole process for both readers and writers. Choose to ignore them, as you wish. Once again, thanks to EVERYONE who reads my diary; it's truly appreciated. Quote The Raven Nevermore

I couldn't agree more my man. While I've never won these I have been nominated before. As a writer its very humbling to get nominated, but I would much rather just get feedback within the diary. My main reason being that it lets me know how people enjoying/hate my writing style all through the month and not just at the end of it. Plus you get more out of "hey I loved this part" or "man you should really think about changing this" as compared to "i nominate this guy because I like wwe". Again I know Prime has taken steps to stop this and makes you give a clear reason why someone in nominated and that's great I dont want to take away from what he's doing. I for one just wish people would focus more on leaving feedback within the diaries and not just "voting" for them and feeling like you did them a favor.

Archived