WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

Evan Karagias v [B]Psicosis[/B] [I]Make sure Psicosis has the mask on! The horned-man cometh![/I] Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v Los [B]Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B] [I]The Chairman with a big win against The Dancing Fools.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko (c)[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Both of these guys top wrestlers but the duke goes to the Horseman.[/I] 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]Against the law for me to pick against Flair! Whooooo![/I] Johnny Grunge v [B]Goldberg[/B] [I]You know what's gonna happen.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v [B]WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]Benoit in the upset when either DDP attacks him for the DQ or Chris Jericho walks out and loses by countout but keeps the belt, setting up a future rematch between these two.[/I]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evan Karagias v [B]Psicosis[/B] psicosis is due for a win and what a way to do it on WCW Thunder against a young high-flyer in Evan Karagias. [B]Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright [/B]v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) I wanna say a draw here but I can't. somehow the Dancin' fools steal a win here WCW Television Championship: 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko (c) v [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] Chono with the upset 'Lord' Steven Regal v '[B]Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] WHOOOOOOO! Johnny Grunge v [B]Goldberg[/B] Spear Jackhammer poof done. WHO'S NEXT! WCW World Heavyweight Championship: '[B]Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B](c) v WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit a MOTY candidate on Thunder? :eek:

Another great Schiavone report, and I liked the reference to University Football after he said he wouldn't in the last report. It's great fun, although I think between us we really give old Tony quite a bit of stick on here! :p Really liked Scott Hall getting on commentary, it does add to the element of realism, it had a feel of nWo 1996 which is good because they still seem relevent. Also thought Hulk Hogan was gold in the last show. I know he's a hassle to have but he stilll has a role to play here, I think. By the way, the two videos on Nitro (This Is Sting and You're Next) worked really well, too. Evan Karagias v [B]Psicosis[/B] [I]I like him more and he needs to be built as a credible threat in the Cruiserweight division.[/I] [B]Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright[/B] v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) [I]Go on! Give Disco a win![/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko (c)[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Big match here for sure! But the Iceman is still the man for this belt.[/I] [B]'Lord' Steven Regal[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [I]I smell shenanigans. Regal seems to be getting a bit of a push and after a great match and some outside interference the Natureboy is screwed out of the win[/I] [B]Johnny Grunge[/B] v Goldberg [I]Schiavone predicted the win and who am I to go against him?[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit [I]I like that you've continued the tradition of WCW Champion vs US Champion. This will of course be a great match but Jericho needs the win to continue to look like a strong champion. I predict a DDP interference.[/I]

[QUOTE=keefmoon;542801]Oooh, intruging. I reckon Bischoff's bricking it because he was asked to tell Hogan he has to job to Goldberg... ;)[/QUOTE] I'll give you a hint of what it [B]may[/B] be... "Load up the rocket-ship... I am not this _______, I am not that ________, I am the ULTIMATE _______" [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;542828]damnit keefy don't spoil it :P[/QUOTE] I pwn keefy with surprises, he knows not what he speaketh of :p [QUOTE=angeldelayette;544742]Evan Karagias v [B]Psicosis[/B] [I]Make sure Psicosis has the mask on! The horned-man cometh![/I] Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v Los [B]Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B] [I]The Chairman with a big win against The Dancing Fools.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko (c)[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Both of these guys top wrestlers but the duke goes to the Horseman.[/I] 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]Against the law for me to pick against Flair! Whooooo![/I] Johnny Grunge v [B]Goldberg[/B] [I]You know what's gonna happen.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v [B]WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]Benoit in the upset when either DDP attacks him for the DQ or Chris Jericho walks out and loses by countout but keeps the belt, setting up a future rematch between these two.[/I][/QUOTE] Thanks again for the tips, mate. Always interesting to read people's comments behind the tips as well so appreciate that. [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;544746]Evan Karagias v [B]Psicosis[/B] psicosis is due for a win and what a way to do it on WCW Thunder against a young high-flyer in Evan Karagias. [B]Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright [/B]v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) I wanna say a draw here but I can't. somehow the Dancin' fools steal a win here WCW Television Championship: 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko (c) v [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] Chono with the upset 'Lord' Steven Regal v '[B]Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] WHOOOOOOO! Johnny Grunge v [B]Goldberg[/B] Spear Jackhammer poof done. WHO'S NEXT! WCW World Heavyweight Championship: '[B]Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B](c) v WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit a MOTY candidate on Thunder? :eek:[/QUOTE] Thunder was undervalued IMO. I get the feeling what they really wanted to was to create two rosters ala WWF with a Nitro show and a Thunder show, one being nWo, one being WCW. I just don't think they thought through the execution of what Thunder meant all that well. So I guess I'm just trying to give Thunder a bit of... value? Lord knows WCW did enough value destruction with things like devaluing the World Heavyweight Championship with the fingerpoke of doom exercise in futility. [QUOTE=keefmoon;544780]Another great Schiavone report, and I liked the reference to University Football after he said he wouldn't in the last report. It's great fun, although I think between us we really give old Tony quite a bit of stick on here! :p Really liked Scott Hall getting on commentary, it does add to the element of realism, it had a feel of nWo 1996 which is good because they still seem relevent. Also thought Hulk Hogan was gold in the last show. I know he's a hassle to have but he stilll has a role to play here, I think. By the way, the two videos on Nitro (This Is Sting and You're Next) worked really well, too. Evan Karagias v [B]Psicosis[/B] [I]I like him more and he needs to be built as a credible threat in the Cruiserweight division.[/I] [B]Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright[/B] v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) [I]Go on! Give Disco a win![/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko (c)[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Big match here for sure! But the Iceman is still the man for this belt.[/I] [B]'Lord' Steven Regal[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [I]I smell shenanigans. Regal seems to be getting a bit of a push and after a great match and some outside interference the Natureboy is screwed out of the win[/I] [B]Johnny Grunge[/B] v Goldberg [I]Schiavone predicted the win and who am I to go against him?[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit [I]I like that you've continued the tradition of WCW Champion vs US Champion. This will of course be a great match but Jericho needs the win to continue to look like a strong champion. I predict a DDP interference.[/I][/QUOTE] Heh, I'm glad you picked up the irony in the Schiavone report. That's what used to get me with the bloke when he commented is how one second he'd be supporting something done by the babyface that if the heel did it would the 'darkest moment in the history of our sport'. Schiavone was the king of three things, hyperbole, hyprocritical commentary and botching up naming a move. From what I hear from Mike Tenay and Bobby Heenan he was also the king of political shtick even deriding his fellow commentators for a touch of glory. It's sad to hear these things because I used to love listening to the WCW commentary with Tenay giving us the luchadore know-how, Heenan for the laughs, Zbysko with the over dramatic hatred of the nWo but then you had Schiavone who had a good commentating voice who had those three quirks. Also good pick up on the WCW Title v US Title match, it was something that was a bit 'WCW'ish, but it gave the US Title holder a bit of glamour IMO. [QUOTE=GatorBait19;544807]Great Show like always man[/QUOTE] Thanks mate, appreciate the support.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG] [I]n....W....o NN...NNN....NEW WORLD ORDER FF...FFOR LIFE[/I][/CENTER] And at the top of the show, WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho walks down to the ring, as arrogant as ever. The crowd boo him relentlessly, as he bows supposedly lapping up their acclamation. "Welcome to... Thursday...Night... JERICHO! Thank you all my Jerichoholics, I appreciate your support even though you all know that you can never....eeeeevvvvvvvvereeeeeeeerrrrr be as good as me, your paragon of good virtue, the man of 1004 holds including the Ontario Armbar ... you know, that's the one Tony Skee-o-var-nay calls the Full Arm Drag and Twist... Douchebag!!!.... And YOUR World....Heavyweight.... Champion! I am the King of the World, and no-one, and I mean no-one will ever..... evvvvvvvvveeeerrrrr beat me...." Just as he continues, we hear the music of [I]Also Sprach Zarathusta[/I] and here comes the legend himself... 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair. The crowd woo unanamously as the Nature Boy walks down to the ring, stopping at the bottom of the ramp to do his 360 with arms spread wide with the pyros popping in the background. He's in a sequined red robe tonight. He gets in the ring and struts before Chris Jericho. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Did somebody tell me the Four Horsemen would be here in Charlotte... NORTH CAROLINAAAAA!!! Is it true? WOOOOOOOOOO!! This town is great, I've kissed all the girls here man... This IS the space mountain of the Four Horsemen!" "What do you want, Flair?" "What do I want, pal? It almost sounded to me like you were saying no one would ever defeat you. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Would that be right?" "You know it's true, Flair... You know it's true baby." "Well, haven't I just got the challenge for you..." "Who is it Flair, you? YOU?" Flair smiles but just as he is about to lift the microphone to his lips... [CENTER][I]n.....W.....o NN..NN...NEW WORLD ORDER FF..FF...FOR LIFE[/I][/CENTER] And that brings to the top of the ramp one Eric Bischoff. He's in his leather jacket, and the brash leader of the nWo shakes his head. "No, no, no, no... No way Flair. No way! You're lucky to even be here tonight in this .... place. I assume it's not nWo country..." The crowd boos, this is, was and always will be Flair country baby. "And I assume all these people want to see Ric Flair beat Chris Jericho tonight?" The crowd cheer of course, supporting their hero. "Well... that's not going to happen, Flair. Like I said before, you shouldn't even be here. I canned you a long time ago Flair, and I'm still not convinced that you should be part of all of this empire that I created, pal. But, that's for another day and as everyone knows, eventually the Bisch gets his way. Including tonight pal, because I can assure you there is something that is going to rip your ivory tower inside the Four Horsemen to shreds. But what I can tell you tonight is, you are definitely NOT facing Chris Jericho. You see, I've already got approval from the WCW Board of Directors for a match for you tonight. Tonight, you will face..... 'Lord' Steven Regal! So there you go you old son of a ..." The click of hooves surrounds the arena, Bischoff looks around frantically as 'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit walks down the ramp and stands beside him. But he does not have a microphone. Standing just under the Turner-Tron is 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson. "Well Eric, it looks like you've made your match for the evening. Guess what? I'm about to make mine. You see Eric, when I looked for the ultimate enforcer to replace me in the Four Horsemen, I thought of.... the next big thing. A man who much like me makes promises and turns them into reality. A man who like me doesn't wear a white hat, won't apologise for what's going to happen next, a man that epitomises what being a Horsemen is all being about. You see, tonight... Chris Jericho. You will put the World Heavyweight Championship on the line. But it won't be against Ric Flair, you dodged a bullet there. But it will be against... CHRIS BENOIT! You see Bischoff, you don't cross a Horsemen in his own backyard pal, it's like we've always said. You injure one of ours, we put two of yours in the morgue, and tonight... the World Heavyweight Championship comes back to CHARLOTTE NORTH CAROLINA, and the FOUR HORSEMEN!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'Wipeout' Evan Karagias v Psicosis[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] "Yo yo yo, you know what time it is?" Le Roux exhaulted on the microphone as the two men came out in singlets and board shorts. "It's time to ride the Pipiline Feva, baby," Karagias responded. "SURF'S UP!" And out comes Evan Karagias supported by his tag team partner Lash Le Roux, to face the very talented Mexican megastar, Psicosis. The man with the red horn mask put on an absolute lucha libre master class here. Unfortunately for Karagias, he was never in it, and even with assistance from Le Roux his hopes were dashed quickly when Psicosis finished off Karagias with a diving gullotine leg drop from the top rope. Impressive performance here from Psicosis, who is undoubtedly one of the most talented cruiserweights in WCW at the moment. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Psicosis[/SIZE][/CENTER] After the match, 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko was again forced out of his commentary position. But this time not by Scott Hall of the Outsiders. This time it was from Raven, who was sitting with his Flock at ringside... "Not again," Mike Tenay who is the anchor of Thunder tonight comments, "Where is security?" "I think they jus left da building Prafessaaaa," 'American Dream' Dusty Rhode comments. "Mike Tenay, I mean you no harm. For you don't look like a man who can handle pain. You don't look like a man who could be brought up in an uncivil and unjust world and handle it, and then enjoy it and accept the pain of reality. You don't look like a man who could enjoy taking a strip of barbwire and stripping it across their forehead. You are as we would say in the Flock, how the other half live in your luxury house. But tell me Mike, how can you truly be living if you aren't experiencing pain to understand the nirvana of bringing pain to another? Do you ever stop to think of the others? Do you ever stop to think, what about me? What about Raven? No you are a pyscophantic leech like Kurt Angle is. Kurt Angle got what he had coming for him this past Nitro. And if he expects there to be any let up in our exacting pain into his flesh, into his psyche, then he is sadly mistaken. So it is written, so it shall come to pass... Quoth the Raven... Nevermore..." Raven throws the head set on the table, and pulls Zbysko's chair back in, as Rhodes and Tenay look on with mouths wide open in astonishment as to the sick mind of Raven. We immediately cut backstage, where Harlem Heat are banging open doors left right and center. They push open one, where a man and woman scream out for a bit of privacy. What the hell was going on there? They push open another... "I love your hair baby.." "Thank you, princess..." And shut the door in horror, realising it's the West Hollywood Blondes. "WHERE ARE THOSE SUCKAS?" Stevie Ray cries out. "They beat us on Nitro bro, and now they are running from us..." Booker T grabs Stevie Ray and pushes him against the wall. "Tell me you just didn't say that... TELL ME YOU JUST DIDN'T SAY THAT, bro! Sucka, they got lucky. They didn't beat us, they cheated. Bro, I've got an idea. Imagine this bro, the two most successful tag teams of all time... two on two... at Slamboree. I think the Board of Directors will go for it, a big number of ticket sales sucka... and ...and.... REVENGE!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright) v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Two of those teams you just feel if they could maintain composure, maintain concentration could become a serious rival for such a coveted title as the Tag Team Championships. Either one of these teams could be the break out team of 1998 if they were able to concentrate. But as we all know, both La Parka and Disco Inferno love a good dance off. And that's what transpired here, as comical as it was admittedly, it doesn't help get the 1...2...3. Alex Wright tagged himself in by tapping Disco on the shoulder, and then proceeded to dismantle Lizmark Jr hitting the Hangmen Neckbreaker on Lizmark to get the pinfall. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, Dancing Fools[/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page is in the nWo dressing room holding his arms out in front of him like Frankenstein. Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell is laughing on the leather recliner in front of him as Diamond Dallas strides out like a bumbling giant. "Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum... I'm the Giant..." "Ahahahaha... he's such a [beep]... That's the stuff right there, Page...Ahahahaha..." [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW Television Championship 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko (c) v Masahiro Chono[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Masahiro Chono came to this match looking very intense. He knew this was his greatest opportunity to set himself up on the very lucrative American scene after some prodigious success in NJPW. He also knew that it would bring great honour to the Orient to hold a coveted American title. But the man he would have to face up against was a man of honour, class and the know-how to skin a cat and keep his Championship. He was after all a Four Horsemen, a second generation superstar. Chono took the attack straight to Malenko, who was unable to cope with the stiffness of Chono's ferocious attack. He was being peppered, battered and bruised. He was almost using the corners as a method to retreat against Chono. But the wiley Malenko, with his wide repoitoire of moves has a comeback and counter to everything. Eventually he countered a stiff right arm by Chono, and put on a damaging hammer lock. From there he then put Chono into a surfboard submission, but Chono was not willing to give in. Malenko occupied a position of dominance for the next few minutes, and seemed to be methodically building up to the Texas Cloverleaf. But just as he was going to put it on, Chono's great ally Great Muta stepped up onto the apron, distracted Malenko and sprayed green myst into the eyes of Malenko. Chono rolled him up...1...2...3! What a cowardly way to win the Championship! Was this what Eric Bischoff meant earlier on about a great loss for the Horsemen? [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and NEW WCW Television Champion, Masahiro Chono[/SIZE][/CENTER] Dean Malenko is in a fit of rage in the ring, furiously wiping the myst out of his eyes, as Masahiro Chono grabs the Championship belt and gets the heck out of there. We cut backstage where 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho is showing off the latest edition of the WCW Magazine which features a cover story on the World Heavyweight Champion. He is showing it to Miss Elizabeth, who is cornered in a back alley of the arena. "You see here Liz?" He asks to the petrified Elizabeth. "I can't see any mention of Randy here. No, that's right! This is a story about a real man. And Savage could never...evvvvveeeerrrr be that..." "Hey familia!" A voice cries out. It's Eddie Guerrero, the WCW Cruiserweight Champion. "Let her guy amigo, come on esse..." Jericho relents, and releases Miss Elizabeth from the compromising position. "Say holmes, looks like you have a big match tonight. Amigo, I have no doubt you can win esse. After all, you are the World ... Heavyweight... Champion." "And the King of the World.." "Of course esse, of course. And you have this cover story about you, esse. I've got an offer for you holmes, you and I, we're familia... we go back a long long way esse. We've come up the same hard road to be where we are, both Champions. And you claim to be a fighting champion, esse?" "Eddie, I am the the most... dedicated Champion that has ever....evvvvvveeerrr stepped foot into WCW, junior..." "Of course you are esse. Of course you are. We familia, that's the way it is. Amigo, I'll tell you what. You do me a favour by beating Benoit down tonight esse, because he too is someone from of our past, and I can't stand this...next...big...thing tag... yak.. You hear me holmes... And I owe you a lot of favours from the past esse, along with this one tonight, and I plan to repay you one in the future. Relax papi, you can trust me..." Eddie walks off grinning, Jericho smiles too, but then his smile turns to a frown as he doesn't know when or what Guerrero has in store for him. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'Lord' Steven Regal v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A match steeped in hatred. A very mutual, deep hatred. The ironic thing is the more the hatred intensifies, the more it becomes very clear that they're rather alike. Both are prepared to take numerous short cuts to find a victory. The only real difference is that Flair has been doing it for generations, and he's been doing it very successfully. One could argue the real difference is Flair has some modium of stroke, certainly not with Bischoff, but in reality the guy is massively over and has been forever and a day. So it should come as no surprise that I report to you that this was a not a technical blockbuster. Despite both wrestlers being well versed in submission warfare, both men intended on maiming the other and getting them the hell out of their lives. The match went outside the ring and become quite brutal, as ring steps and guardrails became the only way to stop both men in full flight, often with disastrous results. This one went to a double disqualification when both men went under the ring to pull out a pair of chairs. Both men clunked chairs, in a sort of concierto duel, before Flair dropped his and got clobbered over the back by Regal. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] No result due to double disqualification[/SIZE][/CENTER] "That was brutal," Tenay commentates, "Over all my years I've seen Ric Flair fight dirty, I've seen him fight smart, but I've never really seen someone come at him like that..." "Prafesssa... It was like watchin Flaihhhhs own mirra image with Wegal fighting jus as dirty as Flaihh has over all dese yearszzz..." Rhodes adds. [SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]Bill Goldberg v Johnny Grunge[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Should I bother reporting what happened here? Or I'm guessing you already know... What a win for Johnny Grunge (I kid, I kid) [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Bill Goldberg[/SIZE][/CENTER] We cut backstage where 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair is being laid onto a gurney to be strectured out of his home town arena... "Is his neck stable?" The paramedic asks his team. An affirmative nod comes back. They begin moving him down the aisles... BANG! The gurney has been knocked over, and his neck brace ripped off! 'Lord' Steven Regal is aiming up with some thunderous punches to the skull of Flair, Flair tries fighting back and is finally able to get some peace when Doug Dillenger and the WCW fun police get in between to separate. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW World Heavyweight Championship 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The crowd popped big for Benoit, and the commentators hyped how tonight he could join a select club by becoming a dual champion, holding the two top titles in our sport. Jericho went to offer his right hand to shake, but Benoit shook his head, causing Jericho to slap him to start this match. The two men went toe to toe, and then utilised various corner spots to get the fans popping behind them. Benoit's reverse knife edge chops tonight perhaps even rivalled and outranked Flair's amazing knife edge chops to Regal's redenned chest earlier in the broadcast. The fans were popping to those. Jericho was squeeling to them. Outside the ring the two men went, and 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho grabbed his World Heavyweight Championship and ran it at Benoit's head, who managed to duck. The off balance Jericho was then snapped down to the concrete floor with a neckbreaker. Jericho clutched at his head, but there was no mercy from Benoit who picked him up and threw him head first into the ring steps much to the adulation of the ringside crowd. Back in the ring, Jericho landed a low blow on Benoit, before rolling him up...1....2... thr... NO! Benoit kicked out. Jericho complained with the referee allowing Benoit to roll him up...1...2.... No, Jericho grabbed the ropes. Jericho leant over the ropes, allowing Benoit to race to the other side of the ring, rebound off the ropes and hit a straddling type move over the top of Jericho, slumping him hard into the middle ropes. As Benoit tried again though, Jericho moved and Benoit crashed into the top rope and over. With Benoit down, Jericho raced to the other side of the ring and came back over the top with a suicide plancha! Both men crashed hard into the guardrails. What a phenomenal match this was turning into. God, if this was Phillie the crowd would be chanting the initials of the promotion, but down here there's barley straw to be chewed. After what seemed an eternity, Jericho grabbed Benoit by the hair and rolled him back in. Benoit was struggling and was barely able to get up. Jericho went to the top rope... MOONSAULT! He hooked the leg...1....2... NO! Kick out! Jericho was shattered. Both men got up and started trading blows, with Benoit asserting dominance. He then slapped the ribs of Jericho hard. He grabbed him from behind... GERMAN SUPLEX! And another! And another! Jericho's head hit hard. Benoit signalled for the Crippler Crossface. He went to the top.... waited... DIVING HEADBU... but Jericho moved! What audacity to move! Benoit's head crashed hard into the mat. Jericho got up... ran to the ropes... LIONSAULT! He then stood up and grabbed Benoit by the legs... and hooked him into the LIONTAMER! Benoit was struggling, and screaming in agony, but he would not give up. Somehow he got Jericho's right boot and pulled him off balance. Jericho dropped to the mat... Benoit came from behind.. CRIPPLER CROSSFACE, but no Jericho was somehow able to reach the ropes. Both men stood up and started trading blows again.. Jericho then hit an atomic drop on Benoit. Jericho went to hit a swinging neckbreaker, but Benoit shrugged him off. Jericho was isolated and off balance, Benoit grabbed him from behind and pulled him to the mat in the grip of the CRIPPLER CROSSFACE! But Jericho somehow rolled over and broke free and then put on his own CRIPPLER CROSSFACE! But Benoit was somehow able to get his right arm up and clobber Jericho off of him. There seemed to be no respite, as both men stood in the center of the ring. Jericho nodded in respect, and Benoit returned serve. But then they raced at each other and knocked each other down with a double clothesline! The referee started administering the count... At 7 Benoit got up. He picked Jericho up... GERMAN SUPLEX! And again...and again! Jericho clutched again at his head. Benoit went to the top... AHHH NO! Buff Bagwell pushed him off balance, and made him straddle the top rope. And here comes the Outsiders. Wait a second! Here's Malenko and Goldberg! WE'VE GOT AN ALL IN BRAWL BETWEEN THE NWO AND THE HORSEMEN! The referee calls for the bell... [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] No result, due to double disqualification, Chris Jericho retains the WCW World Heavyweight Championship[/SIZE][/CENTER] With the nWo having more numbers due to Flair being out of the building, they begin to upstage the Horsemen. Eric Bischoff has brought with him three sets of handcuffs, and the nWo is able to handcuff the Four Horsemen to the ropes. They are kicking them hard to the chest, as Kevin Nash brings in three sets of steel chairs. What on earth could they be planning? Benoit is screaming out and almost daring them to crash them on their heads. Just as the nWo wind up though they soon run off, as Randy Savage, Sting and the Giant come racing out from the back! Oh my god, what an ending to Thunder. The war is truly on. Who can possibly survive?

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Quick Tips[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Eddie Guerrero (c) v Psicosis Sting v Scott 'Flash' Norton Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v Harlem Heat WCW Television Championship: Masahiro Chono (c) v Juventud Guerrera The Outsiders v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart (The Hart Foundation) WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v Kurt Angle nWo Tag Team Championships: 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig (c) v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) Non Championship Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v the Giant

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/theschavionereport.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Hello to all our great WCW fans, fans who know what entertainment is, fans who know where all the real and [B]live[/B] unedited action comes from, I'm Tony Schiavone and as always I'm here to give you an unprecedented factual account of the world of professional wrestling. And that's all I will talk to you about, professional wrestling, unlike other reports from up north who want to tell you all their favourite BBQ recipes. Firstly, to all my many, many, many fans out there who were concerned by my absence from Thunder. Some of you I'm certain feared for me post Nitro but I can assure you that my absence from Thunder had nothing to do with this. You see in WCW we are blessed to have some of the very best play-by-play and colour commentators in sports today. Not only do you have myself, obviously the voice of this great world of professional wrestling, but you have 'Iron' Mike Tenay, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan, 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko, 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes and a guy I personally think could be the next great commentator, 'Stagger' Lee Marshall. I think it's fair to say when you look at that line up, that while clearly I'm regarded as the voice of professional wrestling and for good reason, the rest of our line up is simply great and there is no other promotion in the world that can offer this sort of line up. I wouldn't be surprised if there were awards for our feature commentary presentations in the near future, we are that good. That's a fact. So really my absence from Thunder was more or less so some of our other great commentators could get a run. I'm sure they feel it's much like being a shooting guard at Chicago behind Michael Jordan having to wait in the wings for an opportunity in terms of having to wait behind me, but for the interests of my understudies including Heenan, Tenay, Rhodes it was imperative they got an opportunity. As great as I am you never know, one day I might not be here. Don't fear fans, I'm sure that day is along way away if ever, but it's important to know that I'm noble enough to grant opportunities to others. Onto something nearly as important as the commentary situation, 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair. Flair is another great of this industry, he's transcended generations and transcended the sport itself. What happened at Thunder was a particularly heinous act by 'Lord' Steven Regal. It was one of the darkest hours in the history of our great sport. Fans, I've been instructed by the Board of Directors to not give you a complete update on Flair, but what I can suggest is that there may be commemorative Flair VHS's coming out in the near future. It may be that his career is over. Far be it for me to say, it's really not my position to say so, but Ric Flair's career is over. And Steven Regal has committed professional wrestling treachory. But do not fear, for I have it on good authority that Wrath, who has been battling several niggles himself, is close to returning to full fitness. I still have no doubts whatsoever that we are looking at a wrestler in Wrath who will truly conquer the professional wrestling world. He is of course straight out of the Power Plant having never wrestled anywhere else, and it's phenomonal, truly phenomenal to think of the progress he has made. Finally, I want to give a big wrap to Mario from Mario's Italiano in Charlotte. As all our great Charlotte fans would know, this is the premier place for fine Italian cuisine. I highly recommend his meatballs and spaghetti dish. The sauce is to die for. Speaking of which, Tony's Tortellini Recipes is expected out for sale in all good bookstores for Christmas this year. I don't want to give away too many secrets here, but I have it on good authority that it may go down as one of the greatest cookbooks in history. I firmly believe that my groundbreaking recipes will push the likes of Sara Moulton, a good chef nonetheless, to bigger and better things in 1999. So thanks once again for the millions of emails I received on wcw.com hoping everything is okay with me, I can assure all is well in this the greatest organisation in sporting history. Yours Truly, TS

WCW Cruiserweight Championship:[B] Eddie Guerrero (c) [/B]v Psicosis [B]Sting[/B] v Scott 'Flash' Norton Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Masahiro Chono (c)[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [B]The Outsiders[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart (The Hart Foundation) WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v [B]Kurt Angle[/B] nWo Tag Team Championships: 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig (c) v [B]Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B] Non Championship Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v [B]the Giant[/B]

WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Psicosis [I]The Champ sneaks out with a tainted win.[/I] [B]Sting[/B] v Scott 'Flash' Norton [I]Norton is done...in a Flash.[/I] [B]Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon[/B] v Harlem Heat [I]Who betta than Kanyon? Steiners distract Harlem Heat to allow Saturn and Kanyon to get the upset.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Masahiro Chono (c)[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [I]Boo to Chono winning the title but he doesn't lose it on his first defense.[/I] [B]The Outsiders[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart (The Hart Foundation) [I]An intriguing match. 1980's vs. 1990's. The Outsiders somehow come away with the victory.[/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v Kurt Angle [I]A technical wrestling masterpiece but Kurt isn't yet ready for such a title.[/I] nWo Tag Team Championships: [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig (c)[/B] v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) [I]Perfect Latinos pull away with the win.[/I] Non Championship Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v the Giant [I]Non Title match usually favors the challenger but I think Jericho somehow pulls away the victory.[/I]

damnit how could I miss BOTH the DQ AND the double DQ? oh well WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero [/B](c) v Psicosis psicosis is good but Eddie is just plain outa his league. [B]Sting [/B]v Scott 'Flash' Norton I wanna say DQ via nWo interferance but I can't yet. [B]Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [/B]v Harlem Heat I'd love to see the Heat win but not when the "nest" is involved. WCW Television Championship: [B]Masahiro Chono [/B](c) v Juventud Guerrera I told you Chono would win! VIVA LA BLACK CHARISMA! or however you say that in Japanese lol The Outsiders v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart (The Hart Foundation) ooo tough choice there tough choice.... I say no contest. WCW United States Championship: '[B]Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit [/B](c) v Kurt Angle somehow....SOMEHOW benoit manages the win here. I don't know how or why but even with Raven's help Angle doesn't beat Benoit. nWo Tag Team Championships: 'K[B]-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig [/B](c) v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) Log Vengaroes is no match for the tag champs. Non Championship Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v [B]the Giant[/B] its The Giant...... 'nuf said.

Ah Trist, how I love your shows. Benoit vs Jericho was a great read and the surprise in Chono winning was certainly a good one and keeps us on our toes. Really enjoyable show, and I love the gang warfare element to nWo vs Horsemen. The Schiavone report was great as always. I picked up on the recipe thing after having a go at JR for so long, and all in all I loved it. The worry about Flair turning in to another love in for Wrath was cool, too. WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Psicosis [I]Still the man, but glad Eddie is getting a shot[/I] [B]Sting[/B] v Scott 'Flash' Norton [I]Come on Stinger, save WCW![/I] Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] [I]Can offer more to your tag ranks[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Masahiro Chono (c)[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [I]He'll cling on for now[/I] [B]The Outsiders[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart (The Hart Foundation) [I]I'd love for the Hart Foundation to pick up the win as they were one of the greatest ever teams, but Neidhart can offer so little ta this point in time imo it has to be the Outsiders[/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v Kurt Angle [I]Angle's not ready but Benoit will drag him to a pretty good match. Even with Angle's limited moveset at the start of 2000 they were having three star matches[/I] nWo Tag Team Championships: 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig (c) v [B]Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B] [I]Just a feeling[/I] Non Championship Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v [B]the Giant[/B] [I]Non-title equals champion loses and messes up the title scene some what[/I]

Guest cmdrsam
Happy Holidays Mate, and to all of his readers as well. I do apoligize sir for not posting any responses, as of right now I dont have a full time computer anymore. My laptop has gone all fruit booty on me. :p

[QUOTE]Welcome to another edition of Nitro. As you all know, I loved this promotion like no other, despite all it's flaws and as most of you know I enjoy nothing more than reminisce and discuss WCW. So what I'm going to do with my house-shows and Pay-Per-Views is introduce two new features. One is a trivia question, the second is to throw a bit of a moot point up about WCW for the peeps to discuss. Come Starrcade, the person who gets the most trivia questions right will select the stipulation for the main-event, and IMO my crem-de-la-crem of what this whole story is about. [B]Trivia Question One:[/B] With "Prequel" leading into Slamboree 1998, in real lifeat Slamboree in 1998, a cruiserweight rival of Chris Jericho appeared under another wrestler's mask, and won a battle royale to face Chris Jericho. Two parts to this question, who was the mystery wrestler and whose mask was he under? A) Eddie Guerrero/Super Calo B) Dean Malenko/Super Calo C) Dean Malenko/Ciclope D) Magnum Tokyo/La Parka E) Magnum Tokyo/Ciclope [B]Moot Point:[/B] Which was worse? The Yeti, Robocop, or the KISS Demon? [/QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B]Video[/B] [I]This Sunday at Slamboree, history rewrites itself... "If you can dream it, then you can do it" - Walt Disney[/I] "Yeah how about you shut the heck up about now yeah," Savage retorts, "I've got a better idea. How about tonight, I show YOU how great a wrestler I am.." [I]"The best thing about the future is that it only comes a day at a time" - Abraham Lincoln[/I] "Welcome to... MONDAY NIGHT JERICHO! YOUR paragon of good virtue stands before you having delivered on what I promised. That all you Jerichoholics out there would find the ultimate cure." [I]"The quality to a person's life is in direct proportion to their committment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavour." Vince Lombardi[/I] "OOOOOOOH YEAH! Dig it! Yeah you know Gene, you know most of us wrestlers better than most yeah. You're around us 24/7, you know what makes us tick, yeah. And what was it you said on the hotline only three months ago? You said yeah that I should look to leave the nWo. I didn't know what to make of it, yeah but it was a sign. And what should happen? Yeah the veil of darkness that shrowded my eyes, that being Hulk Hogan yeah and the New World Order, that veil was lifted. And I saw the light." [COLOR="SeaGreen"][CENTER][B]Slamboree: The ultimate test of history - experience versus youth. David v Goliath. 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. ORDER NOW![/B] [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/slamboree.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/COLOR] [/quote] [SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Eddie Guerrero (c) v Psicosis[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Two of the latinos with significant contrasts in their career stages. Eddie is starting to get hot in WCW, whereas Psicosis has shown glimpses but needs that big break through win to establish himself as a top Cruiser. I quite enjoyed this match, got to say. Psicosis is showing some really good signs. The match was fluid, Psicosis has bee known in the past to have some hot spots in matches but then drift out of the storyline. But here he was kept in it nicely, either his appreciation for American wrestling is improving or Eddie Guerrero is becoming quite the skilled storyteller. Either way, it was an improved performance from an improved wrestler, but one that ultimately did not net him the Championship after a spirited performance he fell prey to the Frogsplash. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Cruiserweight Champion[/SIZE][/CENTER] After the match, Rey Mysterio Jr walked into the ring. Firstly he checked on Psicosis, and pulled him to his feet. He then started clapping, as if to salute Eddie on another great match. Eddie held his arms awide and the two men embraced, Rey then held Eddie's arm aloft before Eddie snapped and kicked him in the ribs. He sent him across the ring and hit a drop kick flush to the skull of Mysterio Jr. He then grabbed Rey's frail knee, hauled him to the corner and wrenched it around the ring post. He then went to the outside, and pulled down in a figure four position with Rey's knee put around the ring post. Finally, after Doug Dillenger and the fun police came to ringside he relented, and took a microphone from David Penzer. "Esse, If you can walk... I'll face you one last time holmes at ... Slamboree. ORA LE!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Scott 'Flash' Norton v Sting[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The former WCW World Heavyweight Champion up against one of the real hard men of the nWo. Norton and his renowned Shoulder Breaker looked as intimidating as ever, and really pounded Sting down. But Sting's reverses know no depth, and he was able to fight back and grab a great win with the Scorpion Death Drop. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Sting[/SIZE] [I]n....W.....o NN...NNN...NEW WORLD ORDER FF..FF..FOR LIFE[/I][/CENTER] And to break up the celebration, here comes the Outsiders, 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. They stride purposefully to the ring, with Hall chewing on a tooth pick, which he places behind his ear as he gets in the ring. Sting stands on the opposite side of the ring, as Hall leans forward and flicks the tooth pick at Sting who remains motionless. Scott Hall takes a microphone. "Hey....Hey Yo. You may have heard, but we've been going around the country taking a little survey. So... how many of you are here to see... dubbya cee dubbya?" The fans give a muted sound of support. "Ok...Ok... How many of you are here to see the TOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEET....n....W....o!" Surprisingly, here in Dallas the fans seem more nWo supportive. "Survey says, one more for the BAD GUYS!..." He passes the microphone to 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash, who steps forward, and towers over Sting, who remains motionless. "Big Sexy in DA HOUSE! You.. Sorry, I can't stop laughing AT YOU! You walk around and commentators marvel you as the solitary warrior of WCW. The chosen one. The reverent one. And what have you got?? Nope... No World Heavyweight Champion. That Championship is gone. Just like you Sting, it's a thing of the past. A myth. God, I'm 7 foot tall, I'm a walking talking GOD! And let me tell you Sting, you're a marked man. You're on the nWo hitlist... If you're a real man, you'll accept my challenge, you and me pal... Slamboree. There is only room for one legend in WCW... Whaddya say?" Sting stands stoically, before nodding slowly. Nash looks surprised. Hall coils back his fist, but just as he is about to throw a punch at Sting... Bret 'The Hitman' Hart's music hits. "That's just your way, isn't it Hall? It's the nWo way, isn't it? Every move you make, every step you take, I've been watching you. You know Hall, I come from a great wrestling tradition. A tradition that says you reap what you sew by getting inside the squared circle and settling differences the old fashioned way. You seem to think you have a god given right to do, as you say, whatever you want, whenever you want. It seems to me we have some very real differences. Firstly, tonight as you know we will be facing off against you and Nash, the Hart Foundation is reforming, Jim's ready... I'm ready! But, let's talk about Slamboree. If we're getting Nash and Sting at Slamboree, that leaves you and me without a match. But you see, I've taken care of that. At Slamboree, as approved only a matter of seconds ago... Bret Hart... Scott Hall, one on one. Not only will we settle an old score or two, but you will find out why they call me the best there is, the best there was...and the best...there ever...will be!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Harlem Heat v Saturn and 'The Innovator Offence' Chris Kanyon[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] This was a quality tag team match. I'm thoroughly becoming impressed with how slick Kanyon and Saturn's tag team work is. They seem to have some very real chemistry and it seems, looking at the quality of opponents they've been given tonight, that WCW would like to see more of them. Both teams used the corners very well, cutting off access to their opponents partners for some significant periods. As the match wore on, the match become more and more even. There seemed to be no way of splitting them, which was a hell of an achievement in my opinion for Saturn and Kanyon. Finally, as pandamonium reigned in the ring, Stevie Ray raked the eyes of Kanyon, temporarily blinding him, and tagged in Booker T who was able to take advantage with the standing side kick to the head. Saturn tried to make the save, but Stevie Ray blocked him off. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, Harlem Heat[/SIZE][/CENTER] After the break, 'Lord' Steven Regal is standing in the ring with 'Mean' Gene Okerlund, ready for an interview. "Alright guys, I thank you. Tonight, my guest is none other than 'Lord' Steven Regal. Regal, many of these WCW fans want to know, what was your motivation for your unparalleled attack on Ric Flair?" "Elementary my dear Gene, it was very simple really. You see, for decades they have called this man the dirtiest player in the game. And just when all of us chums thought that Ric was going to stand aside when he started assisting Chris Benoit's profile, what does he do? He continues to take our spots by making sure he's still part of the Four Horsemen. That's not very noble, Gene. But also Gene my old boy, sometimes you have to learn to walk the talk. People here in this country are rather quick to call him the dirtiest player in the game, but back in my country we brawl over pints with everything from our fists to beer glass edges. The truth of the matter Gene is people had to give me some respect, for I am everything that Ric Flair once was. Old boy, I'm the true evolution. I am the Best of British. Now that Ric Flair is gone, who's going to stop me? Bill Goldberg? He is nothing but a...." Suddenly, Bill Goldberg's storm trooper music starts, and before we know it, after his 7,532 kilometre walk from the back and his head butting of the locker door, he pops through the curtain and walks to the bottom of the ramp, before disappearing through the haze of the pyros. After they explode, he expels the steam and walks to the ring. He gets in the ring and stands toe to toe with Regal, who just smiles. Goldberg turns his head either way to crack out his neck and starts jogging on the spot, almost indicating he's ready to take him on right here, right now. Regal continues to smile though, for some reason. Is he really that stupid that he's daring on Goldberg? CRASH! No he's not! It was a set up it seems! The assailant with the steel chair is none other than 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan! He continues to beat the chair down into the right ankle of Goldberg, who is writhing on the mat in pain. As the beat down continues, 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit and 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko come racing down to the ring to save their ally, but the damage is done and Hogan and Regal are able to get a clean get away. As Malenko walks to the back, Masahiro Chono is already on his way to the ring with the WCW Television Championship around his waist. The two man stand next to each other for a second before Chono utters "makeinu" as he passes Malenko who looks dumbfounded. [SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]WCW Television Championship Masahiro Chono (c) v Juventud Guerrera[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] The first defence for Chono of the coveted Television Championship features the young latino firebrand Juventud. Juvi is an aerial master, and is surreal to watch at times. But tonight, despite a spirited opening he ended up becoming another victim to the painful STF. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Masahiro Chono[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"][B]The Outsiders v The Hart Foundation[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Perhaps the team of the late 90s versus the team of the mid to late 80s. A lot of parallels exist here, except they are certainly not in sync on the morals stage here in WCW. Bret Hart is hugely spirited to bringing back sportsmanship and tradition to the sport, whereas the nWo are all out to win at all costs. After a quick 'Yeah Baby' from Jim Neidhart, he actually got half a minute or so on offence against Kevin Nash. But soon enough the giant wrestler started roughhousing Neidhart, who was forced to tag in Hart. The crowd wanted Hall to get in, and Nash obliged. The two men locked up, but it was a feeling out process as if neither man wanted to give their opponent an opening. By the time Hall got Nash back in, Neidhart was begging for another tag. Hart tagged him back in, but it was a foolish tag, as Neidhart was quickly disposed of by Nash. Bret Hart ran in and helped his ally out, and soon it became a two on two brawl. Finally though Nash was able to put a choke on Neidhart, unseen by referee Mickey Jay. This seriously depleted his energies and gave Nash the opening for the Jackknife Powerbomb. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, the Outsiders[/SIZE][/CENTER] As Neidhart laid motionless in the centre of the ring, both the Outsiders began pounding away on Bret Hart in the corner. Hart as valiant as he is had no answer... finally the crowd roared, as dropping from the ceiling was Sting. Between his earlier segment and now he had not gone back to the changing rooms, and his presence, with the bat poked into the small of the back of Scott Hall caused the Outsiders to run away like cowards. Backstage, 'Mean' Gene Okerlund had the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho alongside him. "Alright guys, I thank you Tony, I have with me the World Heavyweight Champion, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho. And tonight, you will be facing the Giant... one on one... in a non titled match. Why on earth would you step in the ring with a wrecking machine like the Giant so close to Slamboree?" "Welcome to.... MONDAY NIGHT JERICHO! Why am I getting in the ring with the Giant, Sam? I'll tell you why. Because that jack[beep] bottom feeding trash bag Arn Anderson thought he'd play a few political tricks in the board room over the weekend and give the Giant his dream match. Do you think I'm intimidated Sam? No... No, I'm not. I'm the man of 1004 holds, including the British Columbia Arm Bar, as referred to on last week's broadcast by Tony Skee-o-Var-nay as the full arm drag and twist. I'm the king of the world, I'm the ayatollah of rock n rolllllaaaaa... and I'm the World Heavyweight Champion. And that won't change tonight... so Giant, tonight, be prepared to fear... the Manitoba Arm Bar. On my show... MONDAY NIGHT JERICHO!" We cut backstage into the dressing room of 'Macho Man' Randy Savage, who is busy lifting some heavy weights. Behind him on the leather sofa is the beautiful and vervacious Miss Elizabeth who is in a tight hugging blue dress. She is as cute as she was all the way back at Wrestlemania 7 (I think it was 7) where she stole the hearts of millions around the world when she hooked back up with Savage. "Why do you keep pushing yourself so hard, Randy...?" Savage pulls up another rep, before expelling a large release of air. "Oooh yeah because a lady like you... dig it... deserves gold. And at Slamboree Liz, I have to be at my best yeah to achieve it. Come Slamboree Liz, I will be making you yeah again the first lady of the World Heavyweight Champion! DIG IT!" [SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]WCW United States Championship 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v Kurt Angle[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Fresh off nearly defeating Jericho in what must surely be one of the matches of 1998, Benoit was focussed to ensure the great high he had just risen on did not result in a loss of concentration against the relative rookie in Kurt Angle. Angle was progressing firmly through WCW and was beginning to impress many noted judges that he may indeed have a future in professional wrestling perhaps even to rival his incredible amateur record whereby he obtained an Olympic gold medal at Atlanta 1996. This was a very good crisp match, Angle still has a bit of work to go on some of the basics and also in terms of his chain wrestling and psychology, but every week he steps in the ring he seems to take some big steps. Against such a great opponent as Benoit he certainly learned a lot, and even in the space of the match itself you could see his developments. This was turning to a good match, when Raven from the Flock jumped up on the apron and used a set of brass knucks to knock out Angle. Benoit was oblivious. He picked Angle up and hit his series of three german suplexes. He then went to the top... Diving Headbutt! And now the Crippler Crossface! Referee Charles Robinson had no choice but to call for the bell. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, and STILL WCW United States Champion, Chris Benoit[/SIZE][/CENTER] We panned back to the Flock to find Raven smiling, before panning back to Angle's whose eyes were glazed as he began to come to. [QUOTE][B]Recap[/B] I am the Best of British. Now that Ric Flair is gone, who's going to stop me? Bill Goldberg? He is nothing but a...." Suddenly, Bill Goldberg's storm trooper music starts, and before we know it, after his 7,532 kilometre walk from the back and his head butting of the locker door, he pops through the curtain and walks to the bottom of the ramp, before disappearing through the haze of the pyros. After they explode, he expels the steam and walks to the ring. He gets in the ring and stands toe to toe with Regal, who just smiles. Goldberg turns his head either way to crack out his neck and starts jogging on the spot, almost indicating he's ready to take him on right here, right now. Regal continues to smile though, for some reason. Is he really that stupid that he's daring on Goldberg? CRASH! No he's not! It was a set up it seems! The assailant with the steel chair is none other than 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan! He continues to beat the chair down into the right ankle of Goldberg, who is writhing on the mat in pain.[/QUOTE] Backstage, 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan pulled 'Mean' Gene Okerlund out of the WCW Hotline stand for an impromptu position. "Hollywood Hogan! What in the world is the meaning of this. Can't you see I was busy on the Hotline?" "Brother, do you want a scoop or not, dude? You see, we've been up and down the highways so many times and I feel I owe you the scoop. So here it is, brother. The neckbrace was all a hoax. There is no injury to my neck whatsoever..." "We all knew that Hogan. You see you can't be trusted. Now what about all the rumours that are floating around?" "What rumours, dude?" "You know the rumours, the rumours connecting you with Connet..." "STOP RIGHT THERE BROTHER! I'm not getting into that here and now, and if you keep talking about it I'll get my lawyers onto you brother. Gene, I've got another scoop for you. You see brother, Goldberg has been calling me out for a while now. And I've been waiting for the perfect time to show him that I am the icon. You see, the Four Horsemen started up as an...opposition to the nWo dude. It has been shown to be a joke. We have manipulated them, we have destroyed them. There are now just two. One of those who lost his gold to the nWo on Thunder brother. As to one of the other ones whose career is surely over brother... The ink is drying on that contract offer you guys laid before the icon of professional wrestling, you're going to find out why they call me the biggest legend of all time dude. That is, ...... IF ... IF.... IF.... you can even make it to Slamboree, brother! Bill Goldberg, if you even somehow recover dude... WATCHA GONNA DO, WATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER, WHEN HOLLYWOOD RUNS WILD OVER YOU!" [SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]nWo Tag Team Championships 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Surprisingly, not a bad match. Not the best, but not the worst. La Parka is always good entertainment and Lizmark is slowly but surely developing. The tag division seems perfect for him as he works well with La Parka. But, the titles remained with the nWo courtesy of a Hennig-Plex on Lizmark for the pinfall. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL nWo World Tag Team Champions, Konnan and Curt Hennig[/SIZE][/CENTER] We cut straight backstage where we can hear thuds. When the cameraman runs the distance to see what's going on, we can see Scott Hall lying on the ground against a dumpster. He is really struggling... "You double team me, now it's personal. At Slamboree Hall, you're going to find out why I'm the Excellence of Execution!" The man walking away from the scene is none other than Bret 'The Hitman' Hart. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Non Title Match WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v The Giant[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Chris Jericho used some very good tactics here, chopping the giant redwood down to his knees around moving and dancing around the ring to try and lure the big man into a mistake under anoerobic pressure. Jericho then played a bit of hit and run with the Giant, not staying too long around the Giant incase he caught him while he laid in his attacks as the Giant was on the ground. It was some of the best tactical wrestling that Jericho has put on. After 5 minutes of this, the Giant took time out and came back in the ring to shake off the cobwebs. Jericho for some reason reverted away from his specifically designed tactics for the Giant and began going for the big mans eyes. Unfortunately for Jericho, it's a long way up there and this left the World Heavyweight Champion exposed. The Giant began to club away at Jericho, who wailed in agony at the imprints being left in his back courtesy of the Giant. The big man turned to the crowd and signalled for the Chokeslam, but when Jericho saw this he rolled out of the ring. And... BANG! Diamond Cutter! Diamond Dallas Page had ran into the ring and Diamond Cut the Giant, while Mickey Jay was preoccupied with Jericho pleading about hair pulling outside the ring. Finally Jericho rolled back in and hooked the right tree trunk of the Giant...1....2...3. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Chris Jericho[/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page slid into the ring and stood above the Giant with a microphone. "Yo... You love me, you hate me, but one thing's for sure. You'll never forget me! You see Giant, you may be 500 pounds, you may be 7'4", but I have a greater weapon. BANG! The Diamond Cutter. Bada-bing, bada-bang... BADA-BOOM! You never know where it's coming from. You'll get your chance for revenge... at Slamboree. If... If... IF you recover.. BADA-BO.." Before he can finish, the Giant sits up, and Page races from the ring.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Quick Picks[/B] nWo Television Championship: Masahiro Chono (c) v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart Non Title Match: 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan v WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright) v Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon nWo Tag Team Championships: 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig (c) v 'Total Package' Lex Luger and Chavo Guerrero Jr WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v Raven The Outsiders and WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v Sting, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and 'Macho Man' Randy Savage

[QUOTE=keefmoon;545340]Ah Trist, how I love your shows. Benoit vs Jericho was a great read and the surprise in Chono winning was certainly a good one and keeps us on our toes. Really enjoyable show, and I love the gang warfare element to nWo vs Horsemen. The Schiavone report was great as always. I picked up on the recipe thing after having a go at JR for so long, and all in all I loved it. The worry about Flair turning in to another love in for Wrath was cool, too. WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Psicosis [I]Still the man, but glad Eddie is getting a shot[/I] [B]Sting[/B] v Scott 'Flash' Norton [I]Come on Stinger, save WCW![/I] Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] [I]Can offer more to your tag ranks[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Masahiro Chono (c)[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [I]He'll cling on for now[/I] [B]The Outsiders[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart (The Hart Foundation) [I]I'd love for the Hart Foundation to pick up the win as they were one of the greatest ever teams, but Neidhart can offer so little ta this point in time imo it has to be the Outsiders[/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v Kurt Angle [I]Angle's not ready but Benoit will drag him to a pretty good match. Even with Angle's limited moveset at the start of 2000 they were having three star matches[/I] nWo Tag Team Championships: 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig (c) v [B]Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B] [I]Just a feeling[/I] Non Championship Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v [B]the Giant[/B] [I]Non-title equals champion loses and messes up the title scene some what[/I][/QUOTE] Thanks mate. Glad you liked the match, I really enjoyed thinking it through and how I wanted to balance the end momentums of the wrestlers involved and where it takes things. Glad you're sensing the gang warfare side of it too, ultimately thats what the nWo was supposed to be about. [QUOTE=cmdrsam;546167]Happy Holidays Mate, and to all of his readers as well. I do apoligize sir for not posting any responses, as of right now I dont have a full time computer anymore. My laptop has gone all fruit booty on me. :p[/QUOTE] Thanks so much mate, same to you of course. A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my readers. I hope you all keep safe and just have a totally awesome time. The build up to Christmas this year for me has been so much fun and I really think 2009 is going to be a great year for me and my family so I really hope you all have a great festive period and many successes to come. Look, you can sing along to my favourite Christmas Song; ;-) [url]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lPw7CpIGQaQ[/url]

[QUOTE=Astyn;545181]WCW Cruiserweight Championship:[B] Eddie Guerrero (c) [/B]v Psicosis [B]Sting[/B] v Scott 'Flash' Norton Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Masahiro Chono (c)[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [B]The Outsiders[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart (The Hart Foundation) WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v [B]Kurt Angle[/B] nWo Tag Team Championships: 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig (c) v [B]Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B] Non Championship Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v [B]the Giant[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=angeldelayette;545246]WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Psicosis [I]The Champ sneaks out with a tainted win.[/I] [B]Sting[/B] v Scott 'Flash' Norton [I]Norton is done...in a Flash.[/I] [B]Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon[/B] v Harlem Heat [I]Who betta than Kanyon? Steiners distract Harlem Heat to allow Saturn and Kanyon to get the upset.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Masahiro Chono (c)[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [I]Boo to Chono winning the title but he doesn't lose it on his first defense.[/I] [B]The Outsiders[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart (The Hart Foundation) [I]An intriguing match. 1980's vs. 1990's. The Outsiders somehow come away with the victory.[/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v Kurt Angle [I]A technical wrestling masterpiece but Kurt isn't yet ready for such a title.[/I] nWo Tag Team Championships: [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig (c)[/B] v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) [I]Perfect Latinos pull away with the win.[/I] Non Championship Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v the Giant [I]Non Title match usually favors the challenger but I think Jericho somehow pulls away the victory.[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;545260]damnit how could I miss BOTH the DQ AND the double DQ? oh well WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero [/B](c) v Psicosis psicosis is good but Eddie is just plain outa his league. [B]Sting [/B]v Scott 'Flash' Norton I wanna say DQ via nWo interferance but I can't yet. [B]Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [/B]v Harlem Heat I'd love to see the Heat win but not when the "nest" is involved. WCW Television Championship: [B]Masahiro Chono [/B](c) v Juventud Guerrera I told you Chono would win! VIVA LA BLACK CHARISMA! or however you say that in Japanese lol The Outsiders v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart (The Hart Foundation) ooo tough choice there tough choice.... I say no contest. WCW United States Championship: '[B]Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit [/B](c) v Kurt Angle somehow....SOMEHOW benoit manages the win here. I don't know how or why but even with Raven's help Angle doesn't beat Benoit. nWo Tag Team Championships: 'K[B]-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig [/B](c) v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) Log Vengaroes is no match for the tag champs. Non Championship Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v [B]the Giant[/B] its The Giant...... 'nuf said.[/QUOTE] Guys I want to say thank you all so much for your tips. Honestly the tips make things so enjoyable for me. Without your support it's really hard to keep going, so truly I want to say I appreciate you guys having your say on the upcoming matches. Cheers guys

nWo Television Championship:[B] Masahiro Chono (c)[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart Non Title Match: 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan v [B]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero[/B] [B]Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright) [/B]v Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon nWo Tag Team Championships:[B] 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig (c) [/B]v 'Total Package' Lex Luger and Chavo Guerrero Jr WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] (c) v Raven The Outsiders and WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v Sting

It was Malenko, and believe he came out as Ciclope, didn't he? Could be wrong though. And yes, it was Wrestlemania 7 where Savage and Liz reuinited after Macho Man lost a really, really good retirement match to Ultimate Warrior. And The Yeti was worse. And RoboCop was the greatest thing ever to happen in professional wrestling as far as I'm concerned. Was a great show, love the Regal stuff, he seems to be becoming a big deal for you which is good because he has all the tools to be right up there with the best. Sorry I can't predict but I don't have the time. I will if I get the time though. But wanted to let you know I enjoyed the last show.

[RIGHT][COLOR="Red"]The saga continues...[/COLOR][/RIGHT] With a deep sigh of anxiety, the President of WCW picked up his cell and timidly dialled the number. As he got to the last number he paused, took a second to think about the call and how he was going to salvage the situation with his own web of word magic, and finally pushed the number down. He placed the phone next to his right air, and looked around the wall of his office where newspaper and magazine articles acclaiming the rise of the New World Order and the rise in ratings were framed on the wall. He leaned back in his office chair, and put his dark black shoes on the oak desk in front of him. [I]Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring[/I] "The number you have called is not being answered, after the tone, please leave a message...." [CENTER][COLOR="Purple"][B]BEEP![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER] Eric Bischoff's career as a promoter flashed before his very eyes. From his very humble beginnings in pioneering the turkey on a pole match for the AWA to staging WCW Saturday Night house shows in a Disney studio in Orlando, Florida to famously cut costs with audiences brought in selected and primed to give the appropriate responses to the superstars. He remembered the moment that Kevin Nash jack-knifed him through the stage, and then how he had swerved them all and punked out 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper to join the New World Order itself. The memories were blurry and in his own mind despite all the important achievements he had brought forward for World Championship Wrestling over the years, this was perhaps to be his defining moment - his finest hour. "Yeah... It's Eric here.... Ahhh.... Look, I'm just warning you... Ahhhh... Look there's a better way to deal with this than... you know... Doing what you're thinking of doing... Give me a call pal, if I go down, I'll have my legal team take you down too... So be very, very, very careful about what you do from here on in. Call me, and let's discuss it... Bye.." He clicked cancel on his cell phone and threw it on the desk in front of him. The call he had recited so often in his mind was confused, it did not clear the air. The tension was still electric. [RIGHT][COLOR="Red"]The saga continues...[/COLOR][/RIGHT]

[QUOTE=darthsiddus2;547614]wasn't he called Macho King? and through that he became the man we all know and love or hate depending lol[/QUOTE] Yeah I (from memory) he was the Macho King around WM7. It was a great moment for sure. Just a note (aimed at Tristram, really) I got the DOWCW book for Xmas and finished it in 2 days. It is a great read for sure and I can now see why you seem to be phasing Hogan out quite so much. I knew he was a douche, but I can't believe he was quite as bad he was.

Sorry guys for the lack of responses, but you gotta love the festive season and Baileys... [QUOTE=Astyn;547107]nWo Television Championship:[B] Masahiro Chono (c)[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart Non Title Match: 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan v [B]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero[/B] [B]Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright) [/B]v Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon nWo Tag Team Championships:[B] 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig (c) [/B]v 'Total Package' Lex Luger and Chavo Guerrero Jr WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] (c) v Raven The Outsiders and WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v Sting[/QUOTE] Thanks for the tips mate, it means a lot to me. [QUOTE=keefmoon;547129]It was Malenko, and believe he came out as Ciclope, didn't he? Could be wrong though. And yes, it was Wrestlemania 7 where Savage and Liz reuinited after Macho Man lost a really, really good retirement match to Ultimate Warrior. And The Yeti was worse. And RoboCop was the greatest thing ever to happen in professional wrestling as far as I'm concerned. Was a great show, love the Regal stuff, he seems to be becoming a big deal for you which is good because he has all the tools to be right up there with the best. Sorry I can't predict but I don't have the time. I will if I get the time though. But wanted to let you know I enjoyed the last show.[/QUOTE] Heh, no-one's answered the question on the battle royale, so I feel obliged to give the answer. It was Dean Malenko and he was Ciclope. Well done mate. Thanks for the Regal mention, sadly it's really hard to keep all the midcarders involved in the manner I want to. For example, I actually liked both Kidman and Disco Inferno and as I approach booking the last couple of months of the year I find myself thinking that I hadn't utilised them the way I should have. It is a loaded loaded roster and it becomes painful to book in a way that is both legitimate (IE not booking Evan Karagias to being the US Champion in a month or two) and fun (IE not rebooking Hogan/Savage every which way but Sunday on PPV after PPV). Robo-Cop...heh... What about Shockmaster? [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;547439]is this the end of eric bischoff? tune in next week damn the suspense :P[/QUOTE] Same Bat time, same Bat Channel... a suspense wrestling novelist never tells his secrets though :D [QUOTE=NoNeck;547449]Great stuff Tristram. I'm a huge fan. :)[/QUOTE] Wow, I'm truly over the moon to hear that mate. I had no idea. I appreciate all the readers and I really honestly truly mean that. keefy and I have discussed so often how hard it is to motivate yourself when no one cares, but to hear your support means heaps to me. [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;547614]wasn't he called Macho King? and through that he became the man we all know and love or hate depending lol[/QUOTE] He most definitely was the Macho King at that stage mate. [QUOTE=keefmoon;548716]Yeah I (from memory) he was the Macho King around WM7. It was a great moment for sure. Just a note (aimed at Tristram, really) I got the DOWCW book for Xmas and finished it in 2 days. It is a great read for sure and I can now see why you seem to be phasing Hogan out quite so much. I knew he was a douche, but I can't believe he was quite as bad he was.[/QUOTE] Good book isn't it? Personally, I spent a lot of my Christmas period reading Anthony Sampson's biography of Nelson Mandela. The guy is truly inspirational, certainly not without fault but hell with the period he had to endure I'd bow down to the guy ten times over. What a legend. Keefy, did you read the part on Buff Bagwell, how he came back after a near career ending (and I believe health wise very dangerous) neck injury... and he was getting babyface pops everywhere, and it seemed like he was massively going to get over... and then wham, they turn him back to the nWo. That's one of the tragic stories in my estimation, as everyone knows I'm not the world's largest Buff Bagwell fan but it's just an example of how wrong everything was. I'm considering getting Controversy Creates Ca$h by Eric Bischoff just to try and get an alternative view of what happened there. It's healthy to get every side of the argument.

Archived