WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a great start bud. I know how eager you are to use people properly, demonstrated by Jericho's upset win. You're an intelligent booker so I know you won't get carried away and just job out the old guard but gradually phase them out over time so this should be superb. Good luck again with this, I've got no doubt you've got another goldmine on your hands with this bad boy.

I've took the time to read some of your previous dynasty, to get a feel on your style, and, after reading this show, my opinion hasn't changed: you're one of the best writers around here. I hope you keep it up, I loved to see what would've happened if WCW never began falling in 98. I'll keep reading!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder21.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"][B]WCW Thunder Preview[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] Fresh from Sting's WCW World Heavyweight Championship defence against the evil Hollywood Hulk Hogan, WCW Thunder moves to Provo, Utah. Fans of WCW fan expect to see the following matches, live on the Superstation, TBS! [SIZE="4"][FONT="Tahoma"][CENTER][B]"Lionheart" Chris Jericho v "The Man of 1000 Holds" Dean Malenko[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"]Jericho scored a massive upset on Monday Nitro, defeating two time World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger to truly put his name in lights. But there are few better technicians in the world of professional wrestling than second generation superstar Dean Malenko, and Jericho will have to be at his absolute best to upstage Malenko on Thunder![/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]The Outsiders "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash and Scott Hall v The Villanos[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"]The leaders of the nWo revolution, a revolution that has shaped WCW history forever more, will take on two gallant fighters from south of the border. The nWo is truly a global phenomoen, so tune into TBS to see if one of the best tag teams in Mexican wrestling can upstage the arrogant Outsiders.[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]WCW Television Championship: Booker T (c) v "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"]Another international clash here, as the German wonderkid Alex Wright looks to regain a title that helped push him to international superstardom just last year. But his opponent is no slug, and Booker T will be out to show why he is the rightful holder of the Television Championship.[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]Wrath v Bill Goldberg[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"]If anyone is a chance of overpowering Bill Goldberg to stop his incredible streak, it is Wrath. The former pupil of James Van Den Burg looks to put it all on the line, including his own glowing and building reputation to dous the flames of the Goldberg express on Thunder.[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Eddie Guerrero v Super Calo[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"]Two Mexican superstars will be in Utah to light up the ring like no other. Super Calo is an extreme high flyer, who will look to run the mecurial Guerrero off his feet. What part will Eddie's nephew Chavo Jr play in this match? Find out, only by tuning in live to the Superstation![/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]"Total Package" Lex Luger v Lizmark Jr[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"]The night's theme of international clashes continues, as Mexico's Lizmark Jr looks to continue the pain Lex Luger must be feeling following his loss against Chris Jericho on Monday. But Lex Luger is a veteran campaigner, and the embers will be burning like midnight oil as he looks to revitalise his star studded career in Utah.[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]Rey Mysterio Jr v "Macho Man" Randy Savage[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"]Perhaps the greatest opportunity of Rey Mysterio Jr's fledgling career, there is no better or more exuberant superstar in all of professional wrestling. We'd dare ya to find anyone as spectacular elsewhere, but why waste your time watching the also rans when you can watch undeniably the best here on TBS? Randy Savage is an experienced professional, and has a streak of madness like no other, so two very contrasting styles go head to head in Provo. Don't dare miss it![/SIZE] [B][CENTER] [SIZE="4"]"The Master of the Diamond Cutter" Diamond Dallas Page v Scott "Flash" Norton[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"]Thunder's main event pits the people's champion against the always aggressive member of the New World Order, Scott Norton. Norton has competed for years in the pits of Japan, honing his pumelling skills against some of the baddest people on the face of the planet. Diamond Dallas Page will be up against the odds as he looks to continue the good run for WCW against the nWo.[/FONT][/SIZE]

"Lionheart" Chris Jericho v [B]"The Man of 1000 Holds" Dean Malenko[/B] [B]The Outsiders "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash and Scott Hall[/B] v The Villanos [B]WCW Television Championship: Booker T (c)[/B] v "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright Wrath v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [B]WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Eddie Guerrero[/B] v Super Calo [B]"Total Package" Lex Luger[/B] v Lizmark Jr Rey Mysterio Jr v [B]"Macho Man" Randy Savage[/B] "The Master of the Diamond Cutter" Diamond Dallas Page v [B]Scott "Flash" Norton[/B]

[B]"Lionheart" Chris Jericho[/B] v "The Man of 1000 Holds" Dean Malenko=[I]While I'm a bigger fan of Malenko's, I can't see Jericho losing here after beating Luger on Nitro.[/I] [B]The Outsiders "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash and Scott Hall[/B] v The Villanos=[I]Even not on the same page, there's no way the Outsiders lose to the Villanos.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Booker T (c)[/B] v "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright=[I]Booker continues his run as Champ. Nuff said.[/I] Wrath v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B]=[I]Another impressive victory for GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG![/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] v Super Calo=[I]I can see Chavo playing a little part here but at the same time it might be better to keep the belt on Eddie G.[/I] [B]"Total Package" Lex Luger[/B] v Lizmark Jr=[I]Luger needs a victory after losing to Jericho last Monday and it goes right here.[/I] Rey Mysterio Jr v [B]"Macho Man" Randy Savage[/B]=[I]While this would be a good springboard for Rey Rey's career, I don't see Savage being too happy if he loses here.[/I] [B]"The Master of the Diamond Cutter" Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v Scott "Flash" Norton=[I]D D P makes Norton feel...the...BANG![/I]

WCW Thunder Preview [B]"Lionheart" Chris Jericho [/B]v "The Man of 1000 Holds" Dean Malenko [B]The Outsiders "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash and Scott Hall [/B]v The Villanos WCW Television Championship: [B]Booker T (c)[/B] v "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright Wrath v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero [/B]v Super Calo [B]"Total Package" Lex Luger [/B]v Lizmark Jr Rey Mysterio Jr v "[B]Macho Man" Randy Savage[/B] [B]"The Master of the Diamond Cutter" Diamond Dallas Page [/B]v Scott "Flash" Norton Looks like a great show!

[B]"Lionheart" Chris Jericho[/B] v "The Man of 1000 Holds" Dean Malenko Jericho is going to get a bit of a push. But God this should be an awesome match, technical wrestling at its best. [B] The Outsiders "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash and Scott Hall[/B] v The Villanos While I'm sure you want to put an end to the NWO just like that, it's no secret that you can't just job then to everyone and be realistic. WCW Television Championship:[B] Booker T (c)[/B] v "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright You know I may be the only one but I actually like Alex Wright. I don't expect him to win here, but I would love to see a good push and cooler gimmick for him. Wrath v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] v Super Calo [B]"Total Package" Lex Luger[/B] v Lizmark Jr [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v "Macho Man" Randy Savage [B] "The Master of the Diamond Cutter" Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v Scott "Flash" Norton

[QUOTE=mad5226;413900] WCW Television Championship:[B] Booker T (c)[/B] v "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright You know I may be the only one but I actually like Alex Wright. I don't expect him to win here, but I would love to see a good push and cooler gimmick for him. [/QUOTE] I love Alex Wright. He was very good in the ring and a unbelievable dancer.

Guest cmdrsam
[B]"Lionheart" Chris Jericho[/B] v "The Man of 1000 Holds" Dean Malenko [B]The Outsiders[/B] v The Villanos [B]Booker T[/B] v "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright Wrath v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] v Super Calo [B]Lex Luger[/B] v Lizmark Jr [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v "Macho Man" Randy Savage [B]Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v Scott "Flash" Norton

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder21.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"][B]WCW Thunder, Live from the Marriott Center, Provo, Utah[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Blue glazy fireworks go off as we pan around the Marriott Center, before we hear the voice of the lead commentator, "Iron" Mike Tenay. "Welcome fans to Thunder, I'm "Iron" Mike Tenay, and joining me in the commentary position is the 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes and the 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko for what promises to be another great night here in WCW. I'm particularly excited to showcase to you fans tonight a lot of lucha libre action...." "If you weeeeeeeeel Mike Tenay, the Prafesssa, danight we will also have da man himself, Goldberg, puttin his streak on da line against Wraf." "As long as there's not too much New World Odour, I'll be happy." A modified version of Evenflow by Pearl Jam starts, as "Lionheart" Chris Jericho makes his way down the ramp, acting arrogant, and brash as 'Mean' Gene Okerlund, complete in black tux, waits in the center of the ring for him. Jericho stands on alternate turnbuckles, before telling the ringside camera "It's time to rock and rolla, baby!" "Alright guys, joining me tonight is 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho, who defeated Lex Luge.." "Loser Gene, his name is Lex Loser. But I think we should do a proper introduction Gene, so I've prepared you some notes." Jericho gives Okerlund a crumpled piece of paper. "You can't be serious." Jericho nods, as Okerlund shakes his head. "This is low Jericho..." Jericho stands toe to toe with the veteran interviewer, who relents and heeds to his demands. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Thursday Night Jericho... Standing next to me is the man who just defeated a former World Heavyweight Champion, announcing himself as the next paragon of good virtue and the next big thing in professional wrestling, he should be adorning magazine covers, ladies and gentlemen, please rise, get to your feet and bow down to... Lionheart Chris Jericho." "Thank you, thank you, thank you slappy." The crowd all boo in unison. "Oh I love you too, you bunch of hill billie jack@sses. Now, to announce my triumphant arrival to Utah, I've prepared something for you. So roll the footage, monkeys!" [QUOTE]Tony Schiavone: "Lex Luger applies the Torture Rack..." Bobby Heenan: "That hamenegger's spine is as crooked as Bill Clinton..." .... .... .... .... .... Tony Schiavone: "Luger's tapping! Luger's tapping!"[/QUOTE] Chris Jericho: "You see that?" Mike Tenay: "Wait a second, where was the interference from Masahiro Chono??" Chris Jericho: "For all the rednecks out there, I, Chris Jericho defeated a two time World Heavyweight Champion, and I doubt there's anyone in this building who could wipe the smile off this pristine face..." Jericho's smile turns to shock, here comes "The Man of 1000 holds" Dean Malenko!" [B][CENTER]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v 'The Man of 1000 holds' Dean Malenko[/CENTER][/B] Two of the best cruiserweights in professional wrestling history here to open up Thunder from Utah. This was just a scintillating match, and thankfully the crowd was eating it up from the outset. Chris Jericho continued the brash approach, and ended up getting into a tongue lashing with a fat male spectator in the front row. This allowed Malenko to pull him back into the ring by the hair. Jericho though took Malenko down with a snap suplex...1..2.... kick out. Malenko sprung back up as Jericho posed some more, pulling him from behind...inside cradle...1..2.... kick out. Attempted clothesline from Jericho missed, dropkick from Malenko did not! Malenko began to work over the right knee of Jericho, who finally got back into the match with a low blow. But Malenko was focused, and as Jericho argued with referee Mickey Jay on a three count debate, Malenko hit a swinging neckbreaker from behind, and then applied the Texas Cloverleaf, which Jericho almost immediately tapped to! [B][CENTER]Your Winner:[/b] Via submission, Dean Malenko[/center] Mike Tenay: "What a start to Thunder! Malenko gets the upset win!" Larry Zbysko: "Look at Jericho whine with the referee, it's like he's been robbed." Dusty Rhodes: "Ahhh no Larry Zybssssssssko he ain't been robbed daddah." We cut to a video replaying the remarkable end to Monday Nitro [QUOTE]"What the hell! "Macho Man" Randy Savage is here... and he's got the ring bell!" Larry Zbysko: "Not again!" Tony Schiavone: "Wait a second!" Bobby Heenan: "No! No! What the hell is Bret Hart doing here. No!" Tony Schiavone: "Bringing back a sense of order and justice here to the greatest night in Nitro's history, Brain!" Larry Zbysko: "Get him Sting, get him and get him good." Tony Schiavone: "STINGER SPLASH! Look at Hogan! He's on his last legs here. In the opposite corner... STINGER SPLASH AGAIN!" Larry Zbysko: "Finish him off!" Bobby Heenan: "Come on Hogan, break this hamenegger." Tony Schiavone: "Hogan's groggy...he's..he's...SCORPION DEATH DROP!" WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Larry Zbysko: "Finish him off Sting!" Bobby Heenan: "This is a travesty, for everything Hogan has done for this business." Tony Schiavone: "He's hooking him up.... he's turning..." Larry Zbysko: "Come on get him over!" Tony Schiavone: "He's got him over! Scorpion Death Lock! Hogan's tapping, Hogan's tapping, there's the bell!" --- Post match, Bret 'Hitman' Hart stood toe to toe with Sting, holding the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, before holding his arm aloft and wrapping the belt around his waist, and embracing in the centre of the ring. [/QUOTE] [B][CENTER]The Villanos v the Outsiders[/CENTER][/B] The Villanos are not your typical luchadores from the south, they're rough, tough and built to fight. But the Outsiders are sly, and extremely calculated. And it didn't take long for Scott Hall to hit the Outsiders Edge on Villano IV for the victory. [CENTER][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, the Outsiders[/CENTER] After the match, Eric Bischoff, "Easy E" climbed into the ring and waved his arms up and down arrogantly acting astonished by the support for the nWo. "Stop it, you people are beautiful. This is clearly another nWo state. God bless America!" "Hey...Hey yo. You might have heard something lately, we've been taking a little survey. How many of you, are here to see the....N...W...O!" The crowd boo relentlessly. "Ok...Ok... Well, how many of you are are here to see that lame...W....C...Dubbya!" The crowd applaud in unison. "Survey says, another one for the good guys." "You know something, I'm getting tired of all the talk about the New World Order being too political, too this, too that. The fact of the matter is, me and him, we go wherever we want, whenever we want. I'm 7 foot tall, I am Big Sexy, and there's no one who can stop us." "Yo Kev, who was supposed to stop us. Those punks the Villanos?" STEINER-RA! STEINER-RA! STEINER-RA! Mike Tenay: "Here come the Steiner brothers!" Dusty Rhodes: "If you weeeeeeeeel, the dubba cccee dubbya tag champssss, Professsaaaaa." Mike Tenay: "Look whose with them, it's the Hot Rod, Rowdy Roddy Piper. Let's hear what they have to say." Roddy Piper: "It's time for a bit of a reality check fellas. You see these two men, they are the WCW World Tag Team Champions. You guys, wheres your belts? I think you two have been dreaming - and it's all been wet too. Because no matter what, I dare ya to take these belts off the Steiners at Souled Out." "Hey...Hey yo. Don't sing it, bring it." "Consider it brought, sister. You see Scott Hall, I'm alway three steps ahead of you, pal. I'm known as Hot Rod, the human Rubicks Cube. You can just never figure me out. I'm as fast as they come Hall, just when you know the answer, I've changed the question, I'm so fast if I spit into a head wind, I have time to duck and let it hit the old lady behind me. That's why I've already talked to the WCW Executive Committee about ensuring we have you two at Souled Out. You see, these men here, Scott Steiner and Rick Steiner, they aren't scared of you. They're both amatuer wrestling superstars, who've made a lifetime out of deboning .. get it, deboning... hobos like you. Did I say hobos? And then you add my managerial skills, how good am I? How much do I mess with my opponents? Just ask Hulk Hogan, before he wrestled me pal, he had a full head of hair." "Whoa whoa whoa, Roddy Piper. Do you know who you're speaking to here?" "Thelma and Louise?" "You're talking to the Outsiders, man, and you're talking during the New World Order's time. So I've got no problems letting my clients tear you and your phonies apart at Souled Out, what do you think Scott?" "Don't sing it.... Bring it!" Mike Tenay: "Looks like we have a match at Souled Out!" Dusty Rhodes: "If you weeeel, I was kinda hoping we would Mike Tenah, you see, it may have been a long show without one..." [B][CENTER]WCW Television Championship Booker T (c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright[/CENTER][/B] He's shaking, he's grooving, he's here with Disco Inferno, and looking to take away the TV Championship from Booker T. But he would go back to the Black Forest empty handed, as Booker T withstood some fast action to hit the Harlem Hangover...1...2...3! [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Booker T[/CENTER] Post match, 'The Model' Rick Martel ran down to ringside and sprayed Booker T with 'Arrogance' again. "You know why I sprayed you ... Mr T? Because you smelt, and where I come from, we don't appreciate that... so consider this a gift for you, the gift of love, the gift of.... Arrogance." Mike Tenay: "Look at the blood running cold in those eyes!" Larry Zbysko: "I'll tell ya what I'd love to do with that spray, Mike..." We cut backstage, where Bill Goldberg head butts his locker door, and exits his dressing room, surrounded by some of Utah's finest... GOLDBERG... GOLDBERG... GOLDBERG... GOLDBERG... [CENTER][B]Goldberg v Wrath[/B][/CENTER] Would the streak continue tonight? Wrath would consider himself a chance here, given his power game is basically unparalleled. Wrath is so powerful that he was considered a very real chance of winning last year's World War III. And indeed, after a rake to the eyes, he had Goldberg up... Meltdown!!! No, Goldberg somehow slipped over his shoulders. Wrath turned around...SPEAR! JACKHAMMER! GOODNIGHT! [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Goldberg[/CENTER] After the break, 'Mean' Gene Okerlund was in the ring with WCW Cruiserweight Champion Eddie Guerrero. "Alright guys, I'm here with WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Eddie Guerrero. Eddie at Monday Nitro, your nephew Chavo Guerrero Jr demanded a title shot at Souled Out. What do you have to say about that?" "Holmes, esse, I just don't understand it. Chavo, me and your papi are close, man. We grew up together. But you and me, holmes, we are even closer esse. Why would you put the knife into your own brother, esse? I am a family man first and foremost, my blood, my sweat, my tears, it's all been for you esse. Without me here Chavo, would you be in the big time here in the United States holmes? So I'm here tonight Esse, to beg you to have a think about your challenge of me, think about the humiliation of being embarrassed by your uncle Eddie papi, and also consider the rift you are causing in our family ce." Just then, Super Calo began running to the ring. [B][CENTER]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Eddie Guerrero (c) v Super Calo[/CENTER][/B] As the match started, backstage watching on a monitor was Chavo Guerrero Jr. "No chance holmes, that belt is mine." Another slick, fast paced contest. Mike Tenay was in his glory reciting stories from yesteryears lucha wrestling annals. Super Calo was coming into his own, until Eddie Guerrero distracted the referee, undid one of the turnbuckle pads, and sent Super Calo head first into the exposed turnbuckle. Super Calo cluthed at his head, as Eddie went up... FROGSPLASH! [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Cruiseweight Champion, Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER] After the break, the familiar music of the 'Hitman' Bret Hart hit, as the man in pink came to the ring, before giving off his sunglasses to a young child at ringside. After parading around the ring, he was given the microphone from David Penzer. "Thank you, thank you. You know something, it's great to be in a ring where you know the fans are always supporting you, and you know you're not about to be screwed. That was the great thing about coming to the WCW. But you know, it seems wherever you go, someone wants to lay the boot in. You see, at Monday Nitro, Hollywood Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage decided they would try and screw Sting out of the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. God knows I've been there, I've done that, so I stopped that from happening. I remember when fighting in professional wrestling was a matter of honour, a matter of tradition, a matter of fighting for what was right and for the better man to win. It seems somewhere along the lines things got messed up. Because up there you have old man Higgenbottom, down here you have the New World Order. Both are them are leeches, parasites. These great fans here in the WCW deserve so much better, they deserve someone to take out the trash. And that someone is me, after all, I had Mr Whatshisface run smack into the middle of my right fist. So I'm out here to challenge either 'Macho Man' Randy Savage, or 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan, two of the biggest cowards in our sport, to a match at Souled Out. And you'll find out about the better man winning. Because I am the Excellence of Execution, I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. And that's something you just can't screw with!" Mike Tenay: "Looks like he just put the two head chronies of the New World Order on the spot!" [CENTER][B]'Total Package' Lex Luger v Lizmark Jr[/B][/CENTER] Mike Tenay is in his element tonight, and again he regailed us with stories about Lizmark Jr, a great luchadore, slightly bigger than most of the luchadores, from Mexico. And at one stage he really had Luger on the run, hitting a springboard handstand cross body block, but Luger moved out of the way of the next one...and Lizmark Jr found himself submitting to the Torture Rack! [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, Lex Luger[/CENTER] Post match, Lex Luger grabbed a microphone off David Penzer. "I am getting sick and tired of being cheated out of winning matches. Last year at Sturgis, I got screwed for that yellow belly Hulk Hogan. I don't get it, when Nitro debuted, there was no bigger star than the Total Package Lex Luger, I remember arriving, and my mere presence stopping 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and the Stinger from concentrating dead in their tracks. And yet at Monday Nitro, when I had the job done, I got blindsided by Masahiro Chono and the nWo Japan. That's all and good, but just remember boys who you are messing with. Get your interpreter to interpret this..." Luger dropped the microphone, and gave his patented pose that he uses before putting his opponents into the Torture Rack. [B][CENTER]Rey Mysterio Jr v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/CENTER][/B] OOOOH YEAH! DIG IT! This is such a polar opposites match, although Savage in many ways paved the way for the likes of Mysterio. You see, when Savage started out, jumping off the top rope was an afterthought, but Savage made it an art form. He made it cool to take spectacular risks for a great pay out. But Savage these days is somewhat slower, and has moved well with the times to change his style to be just as effective. Rey had him worked over, including hitting an amazing suicide plancha to the outside. But the tide turned as Randy Savage started to get more and more frustrated, and eventually the madness took over. Finally, after a terrific match, he ended it with the Flying Elbow Drop! [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Randy Savage[/CENTER] Backstage, 'Mean' Gene Okerlund is standing by with 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan. "Alright guys, I thank you. I'm standing here with the lynchpin of the nWo, Hollywood Hulk Hogan. Hollywood, Bret the Hitman Hart made a challenge to you for a match at Souled Out, what do you have to say about that?" "Well you know something Mean Gene, brother, it's like I've said time and time again. When I get on my custom made Harley Davidson and drive off into the sunset, and see my gold chain glisten around my powerful chest after a hard days working out at my private gym, I'm often reminded of the immense wealth I have amassed. Bret Hart calls himself the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be, brother. But when it all boils down to it, professional wrestling is about the greenback, dude. And when you consider my bank account, it's quite obvious who the real icon of professional wrestling is, brother. And it's only rightful that I headline yet another Pay-Per-View, when I take down that wannabe little Hulkamaniac Sting, as I lay my 24 inch pythons around his throat until the blood runs out of his body and he's forced to look up at the lights, as the referee counts...1....2....3, brother. So to answer Bret Hart, there is no way in hell dude that you can walk into my yard and start demanding matches with me. Watcha gonna do... WATCHA GONNA DO..." Meanwhile, 'Macho Man' Randy Savage walked past the interview position after his match with Rey Mysterio Jr, and from the opposite side came Bret 'The Hitman' Hart. "Well Hulk, it's funny. You were a coward up there, and you're a coward here. It's just as I thought, why step into the ring with the Excellence of Execution without a good dental plan. So I guess Macho Man, since this guy here is too much of a coward to fight his own fight, it's going to be me and you at Souled Out. How do you feel about getting in the ring with the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be?" "OOOOOOOOH YEAH. Hogan! What have you done? How did you get me into this one... ANSWER ME?" "Brother, I... Dude, you know me..." "OOOOH YEAH I know you Hogan, I know you as well as anybody, ooh yeah I know you ain't no doubting that. And I know how you manipulate Hogan, but I'll take this one on, you've screwed me ooh yeah out of another World Title shot, that's ok with the Macho Man dig it, because I'd love to destroy this man who tried to embarrass me on Nitro... OOOH YEAH!" "Bret Hart, WATCHA GONNA DO, WATC..." "OOOOH YEAH, Hulk Hogan, I want you to shut your mouth, I think we need to talk backstage a bit more about this ooh yeah." The two nWo ites move off, clearly with Savage angry as hell with Hogan. Hart grins, as we move away from the scene. [B][CENTER]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v Scott 'Flash' Norton[/CENTER][/B] Another WCW v nWo fight here in Utah, Scott Norton is a genuine powerhouse with a crunching Shoulderbreaker having ruined many a fine wrestling career, all over the world. And with Page's ribs still well wrapped up, he was fighting the impossible fight. Except for a man like DDP, a man with passion, a man with a real heart of gold and the pride of WCW rolling through his veins. And somehow he initially went toe to toe with Norton, until Norton began absolutely dominating him. Page was going nowhere fast, and was bl00dy in the mouth as well. Norton signalled it was time for the Shoulderbreaker, but out of nowhere, Page went to hit the Diamond Cutter, Norton grabbed the top rope and rolled out of the ring. He just kept heading up the ramp, complaining to the referee about Page raking his eyes. [CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via countout, Diamond Dallas Page[/CENTER] As Norton headed towards the entrance, he was blindsided by the Giant! The Giant started reigning in with right boots to the stomach, before finally Buff Bagwell ran him off with a steel chair, as Thunder went off the air!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/nitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]WCW fans, the action just keeps getting hotter as the power struggle between the New World Order and World Championship Wrestling continues from downtown Minneapolis, as WCW hits the Target Center![/SIZE] [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]WCW Cruiserweight Championship # 1 Contenders Match 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Juventud Guerrera v Hector Garza v Lenny Lane v Chavo Guerrero Jr v Psicosis[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A classic lucha libre style six man match as these six men battle to dethrone Eddie Guerrero at Souled Out. Chavo Guerrero Jr has already indicated that he feels he is the man to face his uncle, but his crafty uncle has enforced a number one's contender's match. Can Chavo withstand the latino passion of Garza, La Parka, Psisocis, Guerrera and the flambouyance of Lenny Lane? Find out on Monday Night on TNT! [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]The Dancing Fools 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Infeno v The Outsiders[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Do you want to see them, shake and shake their booty? And boogie oogie oogie? The Outsiders clearly do not, as they look to demolish the Dancing Fools. Will the Steiner Brothers have some part to play, will they cost the Outsiders here? [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]WCW World Tag Team Championships: The Steiner Brothers (c) v the British Connection, 'Lord' Steven Regal and Dave 'Fit' Finlay[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Classic guts and glory action here, as the underhanded brawlers from Belfast and Blackpool go head to head with the current WCW Tag Team Champions. The action in the tag division is hotting up here in WCW! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]WCW Television Championship: Booker T (c) v Lodi[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The strategist Raven sends one of his own into the frey, as Lodi goes head to head with Booker T. Will Booker T run head first into a stop sign in Minneapolis? [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Rey Mysterio Jr v Reese[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] More action for the Flock, as the seven foot monster Reese goes one on one with one of the smallest competitors in WCW history. It's a classic David v Goliath free for all. [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Young up and comers Benoit and Bagwell put the shoulder to the wheel, unless of course Buff Bagwell decides not to want to get down and sweaty and keep his immaculate look in place on Nitro. Benoit is a hard nosed competitor, with the best athletic move set in the business, and he will be sure not to allow Bagwell to style his way through this one. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage v Lash Le Roux[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Lash Le Roux is a young upstart, who is looking to take on one of the most accomplished wrestlers of all time. But the question that remains in the madness state of mind of Randy Savage, is can he remain focussed on Lash Le Roux, or will his contempt for Hart and Hogan bare to fruition? [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Raven v 'The Innovator of Violence' Chris Kanyon[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] You've seen Reese and Lodi already tonight, so why not ask the question - "What about me?" Your favourite loner Raven gets it on with Chris Kanyon, the Innovator of Violence and a man who will take no prisoners to make a name for himself in WCW. [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]6 Man Tag The Hart Foundation, Bret 'Hitman' Hart, 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v nWo Japan, Masahiro Chono, the Great Muta and Hiroyoshi Tenzan[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] The boys from the Orient are in town, and will be looking to prove a point to the Total Package Lex Luger. Hart, Smith and Neidhart are wiley campaigners, but they're up against the very best Japan has to offer. You won't want to miss this one, as Bret Hart makes his in ring debut in WCW. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v Curt Hennig[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Malenko is starting to make a name for himself in this sport, and has undoubtedly the widest variety of moves within professional wrestling. Coupled with a tenacity like no other, he will still have to pull one out of the bag to overcome the incomparable Curt Hennig. Don't miss what is sure to be a very special bout on Nitro. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant and 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v nWo Brian Adams, Scott 'Flash' Norton and Vincent[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Featuring Brian Adams, a power house of mass repute who has been recruited to the New World Order. The Giant though is frustrated, and the question will remain to be answered, how do you stop a 7 foot giant on the rampage? Find out the nWo's answer, on Nitro![/FONT]

WCW Cruiserweight Championship # 1 Contenders Match 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] v Hector Garza v Lenny Lane v Chavo Guerrero Jr v Psicosis Juvi is always a good choice for a CW Title match, and He vs Eddie smells ratings :D The Dancing Fools 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Infeno v [B]The Outsiders[/B] Another Squash for the Outsiders WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] (c) v the British Connection, 'Lord' Steven Regal and Dave 'Fit' Finlay I would love to see Regal and Finlay win this one, but that's highly unlikely WCW Television Championship: [B]Booker T[/B] (c) v Lodi *sniff* what do I smell... Oh yes... SQUASH!! [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v Reese If I remember correctly, Reese was a huge jobber (litteraly) in WCW, I remember that he jobbed to Juvi for God's sake... 'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v[B] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] I really hope that you don't push Benoit, And I think everybody knows why.. [B] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v Lash Le Roux Le Roux sucks.. SQUASH!!! [B]Raven[/B] v 'The Innovator of Violence' Chris Kanyon What about Raven?? a victory maybe. 6 Man Tag The Hart Foundation, Bret 'Hitman' Hart, 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]nWo Japan, Masahiro Chono, the Great Muta and Hiroyoshi Tenzan[/B] I have a feeling that you will push NWO Japan like hell. 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v [B]Curt Hennig[/B] I know you're pushing Malenko, but I really don't think he should be victorious against Mr. Perfect [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant and 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v nWo Brian Adams, Scott 'Flash' Norton and Vincent This is cristal clear, Three superstars vs the NWO jobbers and Scott Norton You're doing an amazing job Tristam, I remember starting reading DOWCW, but I never finished it.. I read about 40 pages :D But every show was awesome, and I will for sure read this :)

WCW Cruiserweight Championship # 1 Contenders Match 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Juventud Guerrera v Hector Garza v Lenny Lane v [B]Chavo Guerrero[/B] Jr v Psicosis The Dancing Fools 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Infeno v [B]The Outsiders[/B] It's time to start building momentum for Souled Out WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]The Steiner Brothers (c)[/B] v the British Connection, 'Lord' Steven Regal and Dave 'Fit' Finlay WCW Television Championship: [B]Booker T (c)[/B] v Lodi [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v Reese [B]'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell The bottom line is that Benoit was a huge talent and there's really no reason to waste it. [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v Lash Le Roux I like that you're pitting Hogan and Savage against each other makes me feel like im in the 80's again [B]Raven[/B] v 'The Innovator of Violence' Chris Kanyon Who Better than Kanyon...Raven 6 Man Tag [B]The Hart Foundation, Bret 'Hitman' Hart, 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart[/B] v nWo Japan, Masahiro Chono, the Great Muta and Hiroyoshi Tenzan I could actually see Hogan getting involved here and costing Hart the match 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v [B]Curt Hennig[/B] I can't do it. I love Malenko, but not over Hennig [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant and 'Nature Boy' Ric Flai[/B]r v nWo Brian Adams, Scott 'Flash' Norton and Vincent This has been a great read so far man. I only complaint is that you write Dusty the way he talks. And I know it's for laughs, but it makes it so hard for me to read lol.

WCW Cruiserweight Championship # 1 Contenders Match 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Juventud Guerrera v Hector Garza v Lenny Lane v [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v Psicosis The Dancing Fools 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Infeno v [B]The Outsiders[/B] WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]The Steiner Brothers (c)[/B] v the British Connection, 'Lord' Steven Regal and Dave 'Fit' Finlay WCW Television Championship: [B]Booker T (c)[/B] v Lodi [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v Reese [B]'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v Lash Le Roux [B]Raven[/B] v 'The Innovator of Violence' Chris Kanyon 6 Man Tag The Hart Foundation, Bret 'Hitman' Hart, 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]nWo Japan, Masahiro Chono, the Great Muta and Hiroyoshi Tenzan[/B] 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [B] 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant and 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v nWo Brian Adams, Scott 'Flash' Norton and Vincent

WCW Cruiserweight Championship # 1 Contenders Match 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Juventud Guerrera v Hector Garza v Lenny Lane v [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v Psicosis Alex Wright and Disco Infeno v [B]The Outsiders[/B] WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] v the British Connection, 'Lord' Steven Regal and Dave 'Fit' Finlay WCW Television Championship: [B]Booker T[/B] v Lodi [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v Reese [B]'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v Lash Le Roux [B]Raven[/B] v 'The Innovator of Violence' Chris Kanyon 6 Man Tag [B]The Hart Foundation, Bret 'Hitman' Hart, 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith[/B] and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v nWo Japan, Masahiro Chono, the Great Muta and Hiroyoshi Tenzan 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v [B]Curt Hennig[/B] [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant and 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [/B]v nWo Brian Adams, Scott 'Flash' Norton and Vincent

[QUOTE=Lexa90;414878]'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v[B] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] I really hope that you don't push Benoit, And I think everybody knows why.. [/QUOTE] Gidday mate, firstly thanks to all for your responses, I haven't had a chance to respond to them individually as I have done in the past as I have been tied up with other projects, but please know I am grateful for any and all responses positive, or negative. This one does require an effective response though, so thanks for the comment. My take on the Chris Benoit situation here is that it's 1998. What happens in 2007 is something as a booker I could not have predicted. Similarly, if I was to a WCCW dynasty, I'd be hard pressed to book Kerry Von Erich negatively on the basis that we would blow his brains out a decade or so later. Unfortunately, professional wrestling is littered with tragedies. And this was definitely one of the worst of the lot, and directly Chris Benoit did some things that were straight out callous and gut wrenching for those who supported him, or knew anything about his family. I will never now knowing the circumstances exonerate Benoit of all wrong doing, but I do not support the WWE taking Chris out of their record books because there is some evidence to suggest that Chris' brain was so demented from the falls he took over his career that the very sport he put his heart and soul into may have played a part in what happened. So, it becomes very much a catch 22. Damned if you do, damned in you don't. The way I look it, it's 1998, I have no idea what happens in their futures in real life. I hope people see that as ok, I am in no way exonerating what happened, just hoping to tell a good old fashioned wrestling story.

[QUOTE=tristram;415419]Gidday mate, firstly thanks to all for your responses, I haven't had a chance to respond to them individually as I have done in the past as I have been tied up with other projects, but please know I am grateful for any and all responses positive, or negative. This one does require an effective response though, so thanks for the comment. My take on the Chris Benoit situation here is that it's 1998. What happens in 2007 is something as a booker I could not have predicted. Similarly, if I was to a WCCW dynasty, I'd be hard pressed to book Kerry Von Erich negatively on the basis that we would blow his brains out a decade or so later. Unfortunately, professional wrestling is littered with tragedies. And this was definitely one of the worst of the lot, and directly Chris Benoit did some things that were straight out callous and gut wrenching for those who supported him, or knew anything about his family. I will never now knowing the circumstances exonerate Benoit of all wrong doing, but I do not support the WWE taking Chris out of their record books because there is some evidence to suggest that Chris' brain was so demented from the falls he took over his career that the very sport he put his heart and soul into may have played a part in what happened. So, it becomes very much a catch 22. Damned if you do, damned in you don't. The way I look it, it's 1998, I have no idea what happens in their futures in real life. I hope people see that as ok, I am in no way exonerating what happened, just hoping to tell a good old fashioned wrestling story.[/QUOTE] I totally agree tristram.

Well, if it isn't another WCW '98 journal! I'm digging this one too, your shows come off as very dynamic: my only real complaint is that Savage seems to be working with undercarders a little too much...also I'm hoping that, like everyone else you try to mitigate Hogan's B.S. politicking as much as possible. As for the Benoit situation, I agree with your thoughts wholeheartedly, although personally I removed him from my game. But it's ultimately up to whoever's writing these to do what they want and to criticise someone for whatever choice they make is uncalled for. ...besides, jobbing someone out to Bagwell? Yuck. ;) My [i]Nitro[/i] Picks: Juventud Guerrera ([i]Eddie or an ally of his interferes and screws Chavo out of the victory[/i]) The Outsiders The Steiner Brothers Booker T Rey Mysterio Jr. Chris Benoit Randy Savage Raven The Hart Foundation Curt Hennig Team WCW Also, curious to know...what mod are you using?

WCW Cruiserweight Championship # 1 Contenders Match 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Juventud Guerrera v Hector Garza v Lenny Lane v [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v Psicosis [I]Set up for the family feud between Los Guerreros![/I] The Dancing Fools 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Infeno v [B]The Outsiders[/B] [I]Wright and Disco Duck are gonna get killed![/I] WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]The Steiner Brothers (c)[/B] v the British Connection, 'Lord' Steven Regal and Dave 'Fit' Finlay [I]I've always been a big fan of the Steiner Brothers. IMO, one of the best tag teams ever.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Booker T (c)[/B] v Lodi [I]Booker's gonna kill you![/I] [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v Reese [I]Rey Rey gets a receipt for losing to the Macho Man.[/I] [B]'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [I]I agree with you on the Benoit stuff and I actually look forward to a good push for the Horseman.[/I] [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v Lash Le Roux [I]Ohhhhh yeah, Cajun Style Slim Jim! Snap into it![/I] [B]Raven[/B] v 'The Innovator of Violence' Chris Kanyon [I]Quote the Raven. Nevermore.[/I] 6 Man Tag [B]The Hart Foundation, Bret 'Hitman' Hart, 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart[/B] v nWo Japan, Masahiro Chono, the Great Muta and Hiroyoshi Tenzan [I]Never been a huge fan of any of the participants here but the Harts have more to lose.[/I] [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v Curt Hennig [I]Momentum continues for the Iceman, the Shooter in a very good technical bout.[/I] [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant and 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v nWo Brian Adams, Scott 'Flash' Norton and Vincent [I]Feel...the...BANG! CHOKESLAM!!! Whoooooo![/I]

Sorry for the lack of feedback guys, I've been studying my ring off preparing an assignment. Appreciate all the tips and the comments. Anywho, onto 'Macho Man' Randy Savage. I think it's important to understand I was a huge Macho Man Randy Savage fan. I'd mark out like no tomorrow if he was brought into TNA to manage somebody up against Black Machismo, that'd be ace. Randy was several years ahead of his time I think in the mid 80s, much the same way I think Ricky Steamboat was, but Randy had a fair bit more charisma than even the Dragon. Wrestlemania III will long live as an epic match between two brilliant wrestlers, that match stole the card. And he did it again I think at Wrestlemania 6 or 7 where he carried Ultimate Warrior to an incredible match. If you wanted a man back then to give you heart and soul, doused with madness, and of course the exceptionally sexy Miss Elizabeth, 'Macho Man' Randy Savage was your man. Even around now, he's just come out of a hot feud with Diamond Dallas Page. So please understand, I have mad props for the man. But, I'm also a realist that to build a promotion you need to allow your youngsters to come through. I'm not saying Randy Savage loses his upcoming match (and I'd also dispute that Rey Mysterio Jr is no undercarder), but, it's important even if they lose for the young crop to get television time. Only then can you analyse whether those characters have commercial value, or whether their skills are developing to the point that it becomes obvious they are your future. It's probably clear Randy would not be in WCW's main event in 2000 onwards if well booked, he certainly wouldn't be in the WWF's by that time, maybe for a nostalgic once off for them... That was one of the massive mistakes I think WCW made in terms of holding onto some wrestlers legacies a little too long. It's not so much their age, but I think it was either Stone Cold or the Rock alluding to their character's staleness. There's only a window of opportunity to get the best out of your top talent, before the crowd says you know what, I've seen that before. That was cool before, but how about something I'm not expecting? Eric Bischoff says as much on "Monday Night Wars", focus groups identified that the unpredictability and the illusion between truth and non-truth had become blurred and that's what the fans wanted, but I think in that very comment they miss that they wanted unpredictability in the main event. IE, they weren't always going to buy Flair/Hogan. Even in 1999 they were rolling that one out. Ric Flair's a prime example, Ric was obviously the cornerstone of WCW, but he spent time in the WWF, and also was constantly rolling through with a succession of young up and comers in the opposite corner. My take on this dynasty is to do things in a manner similar to how WCW was, but with a couple of subtle strategic changes, and to sit back and see how little changes to the recipe change. The concept is a fairly adaptable one, I have a few long term views but I'd like to think Savage, and the majority of the roster would be quite happy with the end result.

Archived