WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

I love your Schiavone reports and that he is still plugging away at Wrath. Your great at capturing Tony's voice and hitting late 90s pop culture which is fun to read. Bringing in Taz and Lance Storm is pretty cool too. While I liked Storm, I wasn't watching Nitro every week anymore (how great would TiVo of been back during the RAW/Nitro days?) by the time Storm was there...but rewatching his stuff on YouTube against Misfits in Action and even him winning all those titles just seemed somewhat blah to me. I'm excited to see what you do with him though, as well as Taz since he doesn't have any real life WCW baggage and you can use him with a clean slate. [B]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder Lyger' and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman [B]The Great Muta[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus WCW Television Champion: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] Question of the night (and tie breaker if needed): What answer will we receive on the allegiance of Taz? A) WCW B) [B]Four Horsemen sympathiser[/B] C) nWo D) One Man Army E) Other - please specify I don't think it will come out on Thunder, but Taz as a Horsemen seems strange enough that you might just try to pull it off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=tristram;694866]You emailed Lance Storm? Sweet. I mean dude,.... SWWEEEEEEET![/QUOTE] Yeah. Its not so hard to do, though. Go to his personal website and you can email him. He may include the question in his Mailbag posts. He actaully just emailed me back. Just becasuse I had asked a pretty open, general question, I think. There may been a second time, but that's the one that sticks out. I love reading his commentaries, as I very much agree with his views most of the time.

Had a scrim through the rest of the diary that I didn't read before and feel i'm at a point where I can follow this. [B]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder Lyger' and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman I think the the Cruiserweight Champ will get the win this week. [B]The Great Muta[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus [I]Muta needs the momentum here, I can't see Angle coming out after last week. I think he may be away for a little longer.[/I] [B]WCW Television Champion: Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [I]Basically because Eddie is a sensational wrestler.[/I] [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]This one should be good and i'll give the nod to Malenko.[/I] Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] [I]If it was a title match i'd lean the other way, but as it's not I can see a win for Harlem Heat.[/I] [B]WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [I]I don't believe DDP needs the title so I think the title should be kept in the Benoit/Hall feud.[/I] Question of the night (and tie breaker if needed): What answer will we receive on the allegiance of Taz? A) WCW B) Four Horsemen sympathiser C) nWo D) One Man Army [B]E) Other - please specify[/B] I agree with a few people before that we won't find out who he's with on Thunder. Looking forward to the show mate. One thing I think you do brilliantly are the promo's. You nail it for everyone.

[QUOTE=ampulator;694883]Just one question: Am I going to ever see a Chris Benoit vs. Lance Storm match? That has to be one of my dream matches. Both were in Japan (at different times), both were in ECW (at different times), both were in WCW (at different times), both were in the WWE (same time, different place in the roster), and both are technically sound wrestlers. It's a shame neither really got a match against each other. They wrestled the same people, but they never got to wrestle against each other.[/QUOTE] Can I just say... firstly.... Thank you. I do read all the replies that come in, they provide me with a bit of creativity. Without giving too much away, to be honest to the point where I have written I haven't booked that match or certainly not that feud, but I have an idea thats a bit wider in element but I think will bring Lance over to the next level. What I intend to do when I put this to fruition I will come back to this post to acknowledge it ;)

Eddie Guerrero hauled his luggage in, before stopping backstage at the arena in Fargo, North Dakota. He sees Bret 'The Hitman' Hart backstage, who is busy playing with his son, Blade. "Hey Amigo, why there's the true Champion," Guerrero beams as he extends his hand. Bret goes to put his out, but Eddie in good humour instead shakes the hand of Blade. "How's things, Eddie?" Bret asks. "Holmes, this schedule is doing me in, man...." "...Yeah, but you're getting off the... you know what, right?" "Don't worry about me holmes... Don't worry about me," Guerrero retorts. Feeling the heat, Eddie nervously looks around and sees Konnan in the hallway slotting a coin into a Coca Cola machine. "Hey, Amigo, Carlos, pop one for me man," he calls out, as he winks to Bret and moves on. Further into the arena, in a dimly lit room, the newcomer to World Championship Wrestling Taz sits down behind a foldaway table, as the not so glamorous decisions in WCW are being made. On the other side of the table Mark Daniels sits, puffing back on his cigarette, wrinkles clinging to his forehead. He is frustrated that a Spaghetti stain still sits on his white business shirt from his microwave lunch, it seems that every little annoyance is moulding itself into a massive stress inducing issue. "...So, do you understand?" Daniels asks. "Yeah brother, we have worked it out, and I like it," the former FTW ECW Champion responds. "It's not conventional you know, it's ... it's not..." "...Look brother, the thing is that there's a long term reason for it. Not for nothing, I'm feeling secure and I have faith in you. We mulled it all over brother and we came up with a list of options, brother, it may not be what some of the hosses out there will like but it's going to work...." "..Are you su.." [COLOR="Red"][CENTER]"I'LL make IT work!"[/CENTER][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=tristram;695401]Can I just say... firstly.... Thank you. I do read all the replies that come in, they provide me with a bit of creativity. Without giving too much away, to be honest to the point where I have written I haven't booked that match or certainly not that feud, but I have an idea thats a bit wider in element but I think will bring Lance over to the next level. What I intend to do when I put this to fruition I will come back to this post to acknowledge it ;)[/QUOTE] It's just that... of all matches, Chris Benoit versus Lance Storm is one match I have never seen. In fact, although they had almost the same aquaintances and friends, neither knew each other very well. Both were friends of Chris Jericho, both have wrestled the gamut of Canadian wrestlers that were in WWE, and both have had matches with Kurt Angle. Both are from Alberta........Canada. It's odd that these two never crossed paths in the ring.

[QUOTE=ampulator;695473]It's just that... of all matches, Chris Benoit versus Lance Storm is one match I have never seen. In fact, although they had almost the same aquaintances and friends, neither knew each other very well. Both were friends of Chris Jericho, both have wrestled the gamut of Canadian wrestlers that were in WWE, and both have had matches with Kurt Angle. Both are from Alberta........Canada. It's odd that these two never crossed paths in the ring.[/QUOTE] That is strange, I figured they must have got it on somewhere, but yeah, definitely weird. [QUOTE=Bigpapa42;695192]Yeah. Its not so hard to do, though. Go to his personal website and you can email him. He may include the question in his Mailbag posts. He actaully just emailed me back. Just becasuse I had asked a pretty open, general question, I think. There may been a second time, but that's the one that sticks out. I love reading his commentaries, as I very much agree with his views most of the time.[/QUOTE] I find myself agreeing with blokes like him too, I guess there's a lot more issues that happen inside a wrestling promotion that makes correct decision making hard, or at least, popular decision making. That said he makes a lot of valid points about why matches exist, and sometimes it seems bookers miss the intent of putting together a match and what it does for the characters involved and this is where the logics of guys like Storm make sense. [QUOTE=randomfreeze;695184]I love your Schiavone reports and that he is still plugging away at Wrath. Your great at capturing Tony's voice and hitting late 90s pop culture which is fun to read. Bringing in Taz and Lance Storm is pretty cool too. While I liked Storm, I wasn't watching Nitro every week anymore (how great would TiVo of been back during the RAW/Nitro days?) by the time Storm was there...but rewatching his stuff on YouTube against Misfits in Action and even him winning all those titles just seemed somewhat blah to me. I'm excited to see what you do with him though, as well as Taz since he doesn't have any real life WCW baggage and you can use him with a clean slate. [/QUOTE] Thanks mate, glad to hear you liking the Schiavone reports. I love ripping on him, its a great old pasttime of mine :D The late 90s was an interesting period, man there was so many marketing certainties that fizzled away. I rip a bit on Hanson, Aqua and the like, and they were definitely that, hyped to be huge and then truly fizzled out. I think a guy like Schiavone who felt everything was the "greatest" would have fallen for those types of commercial hypes. The saving grace for the Team Canada v Misfits in Action v Jung Dragons v Filthy Animals v Natural Born Thrillers feuds is it highlighted a lot of wicked talents. The funniest thing in Team Canada aside from the Canadian National Anthem was when Storm won the Hardcore Championship and renamed it the [B]S[/B]askatchewan [B]H[/B]ardcore [B]I[/B]nvitational [B]T[/B]itle ... heh, need I elaborate on that!

[QUOTE]The more I heard of Taz's loyalty to the ECW movement the more I got cold feet. Infact, I got cold feet to the point where I almost changed the name Taz in all my booking sheets. In DOWCW I booked Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker into WCW, I booked Chris Kanyon to the Championship, but this.. this when I got down to it scared a little.[/QUOTE] For what it's worth: As someone who followed wrestling around this time, I don't think it's at all far-fetched for Taz to jump ship from ECW for, presumably, a much better contract from WCW. He wound up doing that in reality in '99, except it was the WWF rather than WCW that he jumped to. If I remember correctly, it was even Taz that [I]initiated[/I] his contract talks with WWF. So, seeing Taz show up in your WCW was not at all jarring to me.

[QUOTE=tristram;695520]That is strange, I figured they must have got it on somewhere, but yeah, definitely weird. [/QUOTE] Actually, Lance Storm himself said he has NEVER wrestled Chris Benoit, and would have loved to do so, along with Bret Hart. It's odd, really. They have similar styles, and followed similar paths.

[QUOTE=The Final Countdown;695895]For what it's worth: As someone who followed wrestling around this time, I don't think it's at all far-fetched for Taz to jump ship from ECW for, presumably, a much better contract from WCW. He wound up doing that in reality in '99, except it was the WWF rather than WCW that he jumped to. If I remember correctly, it was even Taz that [I]initiated[/I] his contract talks with WWF. So, seeing Taz show up in your WCW was not at all jarring to me.[/QUOTE] Thanks, mate. I have been watching a bit more of Taz the last few weeks in preparation on Youtube and Dailymotion and he definitely conveys that extreme passion to me. So my test is to convey his character and the direction he had with the same passion and realistically to boot. [QUOTE=ampulator;695909]Actually, Lance Storm himself said he has NEVER wrestled Chris Benoit, and would have loved to do so, along with Bret Hart. It's odd, really. They have similar styles, and followed similar paths.[/QUOTE] The beauty of putting together something for Storm and Benoit is there is something that is essentially very simplistic and can have a long term run. I love those types of feuds, nothing I put together is overly complicated so the story I'm thinking of that you've inspired me to think up fits in perfectly. Ben Stiller is in my ear with this saying Do It, Do It.

Looking forward to see what you have in store for Taz and that little passage only makes me wonder more. I picked E on the predictions basically because I don't believe he'll join anyone this show. I think he'll make his answer very unpredictable, perhaps making it look like hes about to join a group and then attacking someone from that group a few times only to make you think again. There are no clues as to where hes gonna go, but I love the surprise. Oh and i'd definitely mark out for a Storm/Benoit program somewhere down the line. We all know how good the matches could be.

[QUOTE=ampulator;695951]By the way, has your Scott Steiner deteriotated in skills? I always thought a pre-Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner would make a great match up with Kurt Angle.[/QUOTE] Nope, no noticeable loss in skill. I know what you're thinking in relation to Steiner, and I Have something very soon in store for him. [QUOTE=totti;696251]Looking forward to see what you have in store for Taz and that little passage only makes me wonder more. I picked E on the predictions basically because I don't believe he'll join anyone this show. I think he'll make his answer very unpredictable, perhaps making it look like hes about to join a group and then attacking someone from that group a few times only to make you think again. There are no clues as to where hes gonna go, but I love the surprise. Oh and i'd definitely mark out for a Storm/Benoit program somewhere down the line. We all know how good the matches could be.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate, I'm sure the matches would be technically very sound. Put it this way, I think there'll be a surprise at Thunder in relation to Taz's allegiance. Again, as strange as it will appear there is a reason for it all toward Starrcade where the storyline plots reach all their apexes.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]The Cosby Show is Filmed Before A Life Studio Audience...[/I] [RIGHT]What? This ISN'T the Cosby Show?[/RIGHT] We cut backstage at the top of the show, where [B]Pipeline Feva, 'Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux[/B] are walking in, complete with their surfboards. "Dude, there's like totally no surf here in Fargo, man," Karagias comments. "Yeah dude, this is not gnarly at all... Hey, but you know what is gnarly? Road Wild broheim, Road Wild. Can you believe Goldberg's streak comes to an end at Road Wild?.." Le Roux responds. "Yah man, it should be totally bodacious. I mean, how can he lift the Giant, dude?" "I think we can both agree, he's gonna be wiped-out... Yeah, totally wipe.. OH MY G..!" BANG! They didn't realise it, but [B]Goldberg[/B] was listening. And this dude just double speared the both of them hard into the concrete hallway! WOW! [CENTER]----------------------[/CENTER] We cut to a video for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship match at Road Wild. It is essentially the same video from Nitro: * We looked at 'Lionheart's reign * We look at [B]Jericho[/B] winning the Championship off Sting * We look at [B]Sting [/B]and [B]Hart[/B] and their friendship and then Hart's splinter into a jealous mess rival * We look at the in ring excellence of each of the three men * We look at how similar Sting and Hart's views are on the corruption of the New World Order * And then we finish with the wording "WCW World Heavyweight Championship.... Prestige Beyond Battle-Lines", a true call that indeed the lust for the Championship exceeds beyond official stable lines or points of view Backstage, [B]Raven[/B] bumps into [B]Scott Hall[/B], who is minding his own business. The taller Outsider stands over Raven, grinning like the bad guy he is. Raven in turn grins back. "Chico, what the hell are you so happy about?" Hall asks. "You really need to ask? I'll tell you what I'm happy about, Hall. Your partner, Kevin Nash, at Road Wild he is going to learn about the Revolution of Life. He's going to learn about Raven's Rulez, he's going to learn about the school of hard knocks, and he's going to learn to bleed, to suffer, to scream, to retort, to contort, to aceed and retreat..." "You think you are a real wise guy, don't you, chico? Raven, the thing I've always heard is this chico, don't sing it... BRING IT!" Hall goes to slap Raven, but Raven grabs his arm and puts him in a similar hold to the Crippler Crossface! The big guy is tapping vigorously as Raven smiles at the thought of the pain Hall is in.... "Let go! Let go!" Raven lets go, thrusting Hall's face into the concrete. "So it is written, so it shall come to pass. Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!" [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LaParka3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JuventudGuerrera-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG] WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder Lyger' and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A crisp, fast paced action opener to Thunder. Some of the best matches in WCW at the moment are coming from the cruisers, they're already electric but someone has turned up the voltage waaaaaaaay big with the advent of Thrillapalooza. Planchas, suicide dives, moonsaults, hurricanranas, they were all on display here tonight. A bit of an upset win tonight for Thrillapalooza with the number one contender to the WCW Cruiserweight Championship, Juventud Guerrera ending the match with a stiff kick to the back of La Parka's skull, finalised with the 450 Splash. Lyger made a desperate slide for the ring, but was fractionally too late. Juvi got up pushing Lyger away, seemingly angry that Lyger had copped him with an elbow after the decision. Kidman got in the middle of it all, before Lyger put his hands up innocently to leave the ring. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] We cut backstage, where we can't really hear what's going on, except we can clearly see [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] on a cell phone. Its mutterings, in low tones, the only thing we can hear before Nash slams the phone down is "It can't be true Curt!" [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thGreat_Muta2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/HughMorrus-1.jpg[/IMG] The Great Muta v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A slow match, bringing the tempo of the crowd right down. Morrus looked to be on the verge of a huge upset win, a huge piece of vengeance for the US, but as he went for the No Laughing Matter it became clear that Muta was playing possum, as he rolled out of the way. Morrus flinched up in shock when he hit the mat hard, allowing Muta to spray his eyes with the green myst. With Morrus in agony, Muta put on a basic Camel Clutch, which Morrus tapped vigourously to. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Great Muta[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] is in the dressing room of the Four Horsemen. In the corner looking pensive is the United States Champion [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B], pacing backwards and forth is [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B], and punching on a punching bag is [B]Bill Goldberg[/B]. [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] is looking epically as chilling as usual, straight into the camera. The four men gather around Okerlund, as he begins this dressing room interview. "As you can see guys, I am back here with the Four Horsemen on the eve of Road Wild. And guys, what a card we have in store. Bill Goldberg, firstly if I can ask you your thoughts on your match with the Giant..." Okerlund asks. "Thoughts? This isn't a match for the grey matter, Gene. This is a match of pure brawn. It's a match where the streak goes on the line against the biggest athlete in professional sports. Now I heard two punks suggest I couldn't lift the Giant up for the Jackhammer, but Gene pal, as far as the Jackhammer goes, Giant... YOU'RE NEXT!" "Alright, wow! That will be something, next at Road Wild Dean Malenko, the Iceman, the Man of 1000 Holds, you have held the prized Television Championship no less than three times in your short, but impressive career. At Road Wild, you will face Eddie Guerrero and 'Lord' Steven Regal, are you confident?" "Gene, I am very confident." Gene's eyes are prompting Malenko to speak up, but you can almost see a scent of wetness in his eyes showing his enormous shyness to speak in front of the camera. Okerlund rolls out his hand for more comments... "I will win. That's all." Malenko turns around and heads back to his corner, in what can only be classed as the most unimpressive interview of 1998. "Dean Malenko, a man of very few words indeed. Chris Benoit, tonight, you put your United States Championship on the..." "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! MEAN BY GAWD GENE!" Flair interrupts. "Pal, the Horsemen aren't here to do talking pal, we're here to take out the trash. We're here to win the war. We're here to let our actions do the talking. Dean Malenko said it all, we will win, and that is all. You don't need to hear from Chris Benoit brother, you know why? Because the man is the United States Champion, un..WOOOOOO disputed! This guy is a legend. And as far as Bill Goldberg goes, brother, Bill, you know I've been tormented by the thought of your match at Road Wild. But brother, as we ride down the highway one last time and I look into your eyes I can see passion. And that's what the Four Horsemen is all about. I don't need to talk about win lose or draw brother, because I know what you're going to do. So Gene, let me just say brother, all those who oppose, get ready to walk the aisle, because you're going up against the most elite wrestling legends of all time, the Four Horsemen. And it's like I've said once, and I'll say it a thousand times more, diamonds are forever... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and so are the Four Horsemen! Now boys, lets get ready to get some victories, and then let's go party, Four Horsemen style! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" [CENTER]---------------------[/CENTER] In the middle of the ring at this time is none other than [B]'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes[/B], NWA/WCW legend extraordinaire. He has his large Cowboy hat on, as the crowd give a rousing Dusty chant. "Thank yous all very much. Now, it is my great pwivledge to introduce to you all two men who have been causin a whole lotta West Texussss Outlaw trouble lately. Ladies and gents, firsssstly, RAVEN!" [B]Raven[/B] makes his way down, as various fans hold up 'Raven One Army Revolution' signs. Raven stops at the top of the ramp, and acknowledges these fans, as he continues to walk his way down to the ring. Once in the ring, he goes to the corner and sits on a turnbuckle. "And ladies and gentssss, if you weeeeeeel, puleaaase give it up fa TAZZSSZZSZSSZZZ!" The number 13 keeps rebounding on the Turner Tron, as [B]Taz [/B]staunchly makes his way down to ringside, complete with the towel over his head. He gets in the ring and does not acknowledge Raven. "Weeeeel, if you weeeeeel..." "Shut the [BEEP] up!" Taz shouts. Rhodes looks angered. "Do you know who ya talking to, boy? You talkin to a former World Champ brudda..." "And the word former is where you shall stay, brother," Taz comments. "Whoa whoa whoa, hold up there, Taz," Raven announces as he walks forward. "I... I don't get it..." "Yeah brother, you wouldn't get it. You walked out on us, brother..." "Look, that was a long time ago. A lot of water has gone under the bridge. But essentially, Taz, at the core of things, you and I are still very similar people. We are both people who have been shunned, we are both people who want a chance. We are both people who know we won't get a chance, so we are both people who are going to evolutionise this industry..." Taz stops to think. "Go on brother..." "You know what I'm talking about, Taz. You know what the problems are with professional wrestling. Nothing's changed Taz, its just the landscape on the mat that is different. These fans right here, they are passionate just like the others. They deserve us to fight for what is right, Taz. That's what the Revolution is all about..." "You're right brother, you're absolutely right. That is what the Revolution is all about, and you're right brother, not for nothing, these fans deserve the best... I'm sorry brother, I don't know what came over me..." Taz puts his right hand out, and shakes Raven's hand. Raven accepts, and holds up Taz's arm. "It looks like Raven's Army of One has doubled in size!" Tenay the fan boy announces. As Raven goes to leave the ring, Taz won't let go of his hand. Taz pulls him back... BANG! Clothesline! Taz sends a cold look at Dusty Rhodes, who just leaves the ring. Raven is down, so Taz picks him up... CAPTURE SUPLEX! Oh my! He signals to the back, wait a second, what's this.... [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] ambles down to the ring, and once in the ring starts paintbrushing Raven. Raven is still down, as Nash sprays nWo on his back. Taz stands there not smiling, with his arms folded, but Nash turns back to him. Nash and Taz stand toe to toe, Nash looking in a bemused manner, Taz not flinching, merely standing with his arms folded. The tension is electric. Eventually Taz looks to leave, but Nash pulls him back. Taz raises his eye brows, before ripping off his 13 shirt to reveal.... [CENTER]NWO![/CENTER] The commentators go into a fit, as Nash embraces Taz. What the hell? [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LexLuger3.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Champion: Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] I riot if Luger goes over tonight. I swear to God, I dead set riot. Do it, do it, beat him Guerrero. And indeed, my prayers were answered. Of course Luger has his bionic elbow moments, but Eddie slipped out of a suplex attempt and hit a neckbreaker on Luger who sold it vigorously. Eddie headed to the top, Frogsplash for the win. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Eddie Guerrero[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] Post match, one after the other, [B]'Lord' Steven Regal[/B] and [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] raced into the ring. They attempted to sabotage Eddie, who tried to defend himself, but was quickly beaten into the mat. Suddenly, the nWo music came on once more, and there on the Turner-Tron was [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff.[/B] "Well well well. Looks like you two boys need to blow off a bit of steam. So right here, right now... it's Dean Malenko versus Steven Regal! God, I love this job!" [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DeanMalenko.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevenRegal2.jpg[/IMG] 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v 'Lord' Steven Regal [/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The brawling only intensified as Malenko and Regal showed their hatred for one another, lefts and rights brutally exchanged. Regal then throws Malenko to the unsanctioned outside, where for a very slow 10 count both men find themselves being whipped into the steel ring post amongst other things. THis is pandamonium. Eventually Regal lands the knock blow, sending Malenko head first into the unforgiving steel guardrail at ringside. He grabs Malenko and hauls him back in, before standing on his chest with his arms raised as the referee counts... [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Steven Regal[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] A video is playing highlighting the successes of [B]Harlem Heat[/B]. * They are 8 times WCW World Tag Team Champions * We see the brutality in which they handled their run to the Road Wild match with Rey and Chavo * We review the agility of Booker T * And the audacious power of Stevie Ray [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rey_Mysterio19.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chavo_Guerrero12.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BookerT1999.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevieRay.jpg[/IMG] Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v Harlem Heat[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] An intriuging match to say the least as both teams looked to put on a big showing against their Championship opponents at Road Wild. Harlem Heat were looking to put a hit on, while Rey and Chavo were desperate to show the tag legends that they deserve their current status. But what started as a good, rhythmical heel versus face tag team bout soon turned into a ludicrous farce outside the ring, as all four combatants went on the assault outside the ring. The referee lost control, calling for the bell, as Doug Dillenger and the fun police headed down to stop the mayhem. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Double count out[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] After the break, we could see [B]Scott Hall[/B], still recovering from his altercation with Raven earlier in the evening, walking down to join [B]Mike Tenay[/B] and [B]Larry Zbysko[/B] at ringside commentary. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisBenoit4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DiamondDallasPage2.jpg[/IMG] WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Joining Hall midway through the match with spectacular cutting commentary was 'ooooh yeah dig it' [B]Randy Savage[/B]. The guy is a legend, but even though he's experienced in the role, when there's tension in the air and its personal I don't think he's a commentary wizard. Needless to say, Hall and Savage really didn't take anything away from Page and Benoit. How could it? Neither are down with any political rubbish when it comes to putting on quality matches. Page gives all of a very limited skillset every night of the week, and Benoit is ultra talented. Page gave Benoit the foundation to shine tonight, dominating a slow paced match with many withdrawls for a bit of change when he worked some good counters into the script for Benoit. This was a thoroughly enjoyable bout, and Benoit slipped clear of the Diamond Cutter on a couple of occasions. Savage's presence more or less kept Hall from saving Page, although it appeared he was reluctant to do so given he would probably lose a shot at the Championship if Page won. After some frenetic back and pace chain wrestling after Benoit powered out of a sleeper, and ducked a Diamond Cutter, Benoit eventually got in a go behind to execute the rolling German Suplexes. With Page down, Benoit went to the top... Diving Headbutt. After screaming for a few seconds in pain, Benoit rolled over and applied the Crippler Crossface. And that ... was all she wrote. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW United States Champion, Chris Benoit[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] Post match, [B]Scott Hall[/B] raced into the ring and clotheslined [B]Benoit[/B]. [B]Page [/B]slowly came to, as Hall picked Benoit up, looking for the Outsiders Edge. But before he could execute it, [B]Savage[/B] raced into the ring and scared off Hall. Page was still on his feet groggy, and not being aware of Savage's presence... Savage went for a DIAMOND CUTTER but Page knew when he was gripped what was coming and immediately rolled out of the ring, looking on in suspended disbelief at what Savage nearly had executed on him as we faded out with a quick poster ad for Road Wild. [CENTER][COLOR="Red"]PS: Can you believe that Rudy Huxtable is now THIRTY?!!! THIRTY![/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RoadWild97.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="4"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JuventudGuerrera-1.jpg[/IMG] WCW Cruiserweight Championship Jushin 'Thunder Lyger' v Juventud Guerrera [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lance_Storm.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LaParka3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lizmark_Jr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Curry_Man3.jpg[/IMG] Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Curry Man [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rey_Mysterio19.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chavo_Guerrero12.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Stevie_Ray-01.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BookerT1999.jpg[/IMG] WCW Tag Team Championships Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v Harlem Heat [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RandySavage5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DiamondDallasPage2.jpg[/IMG] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevenRegal2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DeanMalenko.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship - As Decided by the Viewing Fans, Ladder Match Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven22.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/KevinNash4.jpg[/IMG] Raven v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisBenoit4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ScottHall9.jpg[/IMG] WCW United States Championship 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v Scott Hall [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG] Bill Goldberg v The Giant [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisJericho2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BretHart6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Sting.jpg[/IMG] WCW World Heavyweight Championship Three Way Dance 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] -------- Quick Picks WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Juventud Guerrera Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Curry Man WCW Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v Harlem Heat 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page WCW Television Championship Match: Ladder Match: Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko Raven v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v Scott Hall Bill Goldberg v the Giant WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting Tie Breaking Question: Thrillapalooza via their website have announced a music act will attend with them at Road Wild, who is it? A) Hanson B) Aqua C) No Doubt D) Mariah Carey E) The Eagles F) Other The winner gets to pick a stipulation for the main event for the following Nitro, with the main event match TBA after Road Wild

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;694302]WCW Cruiserweight Champion [B]Jushin 'Thunder Lyger' and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman [B]The Great Muta[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus WCW Television Champion: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'Total Package' Lex Luger 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v[B] 'Lord' Steven Regal[/B] Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v Harlem Heat WCW United States Championship:[B] 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/QUOTE] Thanks again for the tips, champ ;) [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;694391]I like how you brought in Taz and Lance Storm.. you have a guy in Taz who can easily be the face of the company to counteract the Stone Colds of the world. Then you have Lance Storm who can train other workers and if booked right can boost some wrestlers overness as well as if you have a dev territory you can bring him in to train other workers.[/QUOTE] Well, I guess Taz isn't so much a fan now :( But still, the character can kinda go against the pop culture of the Austins and various other things, I think his character development even tho its nWo is going to be hella fun for me to write up. [QUOTE=Hulkamaniac85;694498]Great stuff...Taz and Storm were the farthest from my mind as people that could have been the 2 new workers, but they both are great ideas. Definitely can be impact players i think, so goodluck with them. I am enjoying the read.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=MattitudeV2;694799]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder Lyger' and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman[/B] The Great Muta v [B]'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus[/B] WCW Television Champion: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'Total Package' Lex Luger 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v 'Lord' Steven Regal Non Title Match: [B]WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v Harlem Heat WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page Question of the night (and tie breaker if needed): What answer will we receive on the allegiance of Taz? A) WCW B) Four Horsemen sympathiser C) nWo D) [B]One Man Army[/B] E) Other - please specify[/QUOTE] I really appreciate your views on bringing in Taz and Storm. I enjoyed both mens careers so having them in WCW when they're really able to go is sweeeet for me. [QUOTE=angeldelayette;695155]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder Lyger' and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman[/B] [I]It's a Thrillapalooza! Also another pin by Juvie on the Champ.[/I] [B]The Great Muta[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus [I]I leaned back and forth with this one but ultimately went with Muta to give him momentum. Though seeing Kurt Angle come out and distract Muta is also an option.[/I] WCW Television Champion: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [I]A bit of an upset here but Guerrero is on the rose while Luger is on the decline.[/I] [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]Malenko wins an excellent technical wrestling showcase.[/I] Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] [I]HH wins the non title encounter to set up the ppv encounter though I could also see a draw.[/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [I]Benoit pulls out the win in the main event as DDP is distracted by the ladies.[/I] Question of the night (and tie breaker if needed): What answer will we receive on the allegiance of Taz? A) WCW B) Four Horsemen sympathiser C) nWo D) One Man Army [B]E) Other - please specify[/B] [I]No clear cut answer tonight, keeping him on the fence between everyone.[/I][/QUOTE] Heh, I think you love THrillapalooza almost as much as I do. FTR, Thrillapalooza by name is a cheap rip off of the Simpsons when Homer was the Cannonball dude at Lollapalooza. Loved that episode. "I'm Billy Corgin, Smashing Pumpkins"... "I'm Homer Simpson, smiling politely!" [QUOTE=Texasrangers13;695181]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder Lyger' and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman[/B] [B]The Great Muta[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus [B]WCW Television Champion: Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page Question of the night (and tie breaker if needed): What answer will we receive on the allegiance of Taz? A) WCW B) Four Horsemen sympathiser C) nWo D) One Man Army [B]E) Other - please specify[/B] I cannot see Taz joining anyone...yet Completely unrelated...Reno is the man (no clue why).[/QUOTE] Reno... Hmmmm, Roll of Dice was him wasn't it? Don't know, never got over with me. As far as NBT go, Sanders was funny, O'Haire looked deadly and Palumbo had a good look. I thought all of them could have gone a long way. Stasiak is was and always is a putz tho ;-) [QUOTE=randomfreeze;695184]I love your Schiavone reports and that he is still plugging away at Wrath. Your great at capturing Tony's voice and hitting late 90s pop culture which is fun to read. Bringing in Taz and Lance Storm is pretty cool too. While I liked Storm, I wasn't watching Nitro every week anymore (how great would TiVo of been back during the RAW/Nitro days?) by the time Storm was there...but rewatching his stuff on YouTube against Misfits in Action and even him winning all those titles just seemed somewhat blah to me. I'm excited to see what you do with him though, as well as Taz since he doesn't have any real life WCW baggage and you can use him with a clean slate. [B]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder Lyger' and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman [B]The Great Muta[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus WCW Television Champion: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] Question of the night (and tie breaker if needed): What answer will we receive on the allegiance of Taz? A) WCW B) [B]Four Horsemen sympathiser[/B] C) nWo D) One Man Army E) Other - please specify I don't think it will come out on Thunder, but Taz as a Horsemen seems strange enough that you might just try to pull it off.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the kind words on the Skee-O-Var-Ney reports. I kinda want to bring in more out of arena reports and events and what not to illuminate the world I am trying to mould. The TS reports are particularly fun because they're hypocritical, they're shoddy, and most of all, just like typical WCW, he freely says they're charging fans for the rubbish he's dishing up :D [QUOTE=totti;695264]Had a scrim through the rest of the diary that I didn't read before and feel i'm at a point where I can follow this. [B]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder Lyger' and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman I think the the Cruiserweight Champ will get the win this week. [B]The Great Muta[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus [I]Muta needs the momentum here, I can't see Angle coming out after last week. I think he may be away for a little longer.[/I] [B]WCW Television Champion: Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [I]Basically because Eddie is a sensational wrestler.[/I] [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]This one should be good and i'll give the nod to Malenko.[/I] Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] [I]If it was a title match i'd lean the other way, but as it's not I can see a win for Harlem Heat.[/I] [B]WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [I]I don't believe DDP needs the title so I think the title should be kept in the Benoit/Hall feud.[/I] Question of the night (and tie breaker if needed): What answer will we receive on the allegiance of Taz? A) WCW B) Four Horsemen sympathiser C) nWo D) One Man Army [B]E) Other - please specify[/B] I agree with a few people before that we won't find out who he's with on Thunder. Looking forward to the show mate. One thing I think you do brilliantly are the promo's. You nail it for everyone.[/QUOTE] Mate, I appreciate your views, particularly on the comment on the promos. I watch a fair bit of youtube and dailymotion et al to try and get it right, so I'm glad to hear that particular comment :D [QUOTE=SimplyPerfect;696687]I so miss WCW. Where else would you see David Arquette do the most ineffective move in wrestling history (The Worm)? I do have to question why you haven't Jesus pushed Evan Karagias: the man is a legend ;) Keep up the awesome work![/QUOTE] Thanks mate, good to see you around. Heh, I don't think you'll see too much Arquette in here tho ;) ......... Well, we had a multi way win for the tips, I've messaged all those concerned, first in gets to choose the TV title match stip. Thanks, fellas, I've really enjoyed all the responses.

WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] [B]Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm[/B] v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Curry Man WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Harlem Heat [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage [/B]v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page WCW Television Championship Match: Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [B]Raven[/B] v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] (c) v Scott Hall [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v the Giant WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Sting Tie Breaking Question: Thrillapalooza via their website have announced a music act will attend with them at Road Wild, who is it? A) Hanson [B]B) Aqua[/B] C) No Doubt D) Mariah Carey E) The Eagles F) Other

Looking forward to this show. WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [/B](c) v Juventud Guerrera [B]Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm[/B] v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Curry Man WCW Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW Television Championship Match: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [B]Raven[/B] v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v Scott Hall Bill Goldberg v [B]the Giant[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] (c) v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting Tie Breaking Question: Thrillapalooza via their website have announced a music act will attend with them at Road Wild, who is it? A) Hanson B) Aqua C) No Doubt D) Mariah Carey [B]E) The Eagles[/B] F) Other

Although I thought Taz would take longer to join a faction I had an inkling it'd be with the nWo. Something about that little passage you did with Taz meeting the creative team made me think that way. I loved it by the way. WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] I think Juvi will take advantage of the momentum from the tag victory on Thunder. [B]Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm[/B] v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Curry Man I love both Lynn and Storm which is my reason for the pick. WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Harlem Heat I don't think Harlem Heat will get the titles back. I reckon we'll have a longer reign from Mysterio and Chavo. 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] Whatever happens here I have no doubt the women will be involved somehow. WCW Television Championship Match: Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] Malenko manages to capture the title in what i'm expecting will be a brilliant match. [B]Raven[/B] v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash I expect some Taz interference here after what happened at Thunder. I think thats the only way Nash would be able to win it. WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v Scott Hall I don't think he deserves to be the one who takes the title from Benoit. Bill Goldberg v [B]the Giant[/B] I seriously believe the streak could end tonight although I woudln't mind seeing Goldberg jackhammering the Giant aswell. WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting I could see a change here, but i'm going to take a punt on another Jericho win. Tie Breaking Question: Thrillapalooza via their website have announced a music act will attend with them at Road Wild, who is it? A) Hanson B) Aqua C) No Doubt D) Mariah Carey [B]E) The Eagles :cool:[/B] F) Other I was going to leave it for one of the other winners to pick the stipulation, but i'll suggest a submission match.

Quick Picks WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [I]With Juventud getting the upper hand on Thunder, I'll put Lyger down here to get his revenge.[/I] [B]Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm[/B] v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Curry Man [I]I want to pick the other team because of The Chairman, but I Kidman/Lynn/Storm have more promise/[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr [/B](c) v Harlem Heat [I]This would be a fun match to see. I'll go with the Jr's to retain.[/I] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]This might of been the feud that really cemented Page as a legit top player in WCW, so I think him going over would do a lot.[/I] WCW Television Championship Match: Ladder Match: [B]Eddie Guerrero [/B](c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [I]Ladder match with these three is very cool. This likely would be the best actual wrestling match on the card.[/I] Raven v [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] [I]Cheating for the win.[/I] WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v [B]Scott Hall[/B] [I]You have been taking your time with Benoit to get him over, I think him dropping the belt to Hall wouldn't bring down his rep and it would also allow him to elevate even farther up the card.[/I] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v the Giant [I]This version of Wight is better than what we have in real life now, but building up Goldberg is just too much fun.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B](c) v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting [I]Awesome match. Jericho all the way.[/I] Tie Breaking Question: Thrillapalooza via their website have announced a music act will attend with them at Road Wild, who is it? A) Hanson B) Aqua C) No Doubt D) Mariah Carey E) The Eagles [B]F) Other[/B] It's Road Wild! You gotta get some pseudo-rock band, Creed sounds perfect if they would of hit it big by now in your game time.

WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [I]Juvie has been winning several matches so Lyger gets the duke where it counts.[/I] [B]Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm[/B] v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Curry Man [I]It's a Thrillapalooza![/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Harlem Heat [I]The Champs somehow pull through.[/I] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]The Macho Man will never see it coming...BANG![/I] WCW Television Championship Match: Ladder Match: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [I]The high flier of the group wins the ladder match.[/I] [B]Raven[/B] v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash [I]Raven continues his push.[/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v Scott Hall [I]The Crippler takes care of business.[/I] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v the Giant [I]DA MAN![/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting [I]Jericho pulls it out![/I] Tie Breaking Question: Thrillapalooza via their website have announced a music act will attend with them at Road Wild, who is it? A) Hanson B) Aqua C) No Doubt D) Mariah Carey [B]E) The Eagles[/B] F) Other

[QUOTE]Sorry for the delay guys, been enormously busy, and have been plugging away at this sorta piece by piece. I wanted this Pay-Per-View to click, I wanted all the post match events and what not to have reasoning so that everything that seems inconsequential is meaningful in the long run, so that when its time to look back at certain things it all makes sense. Nothing here is directly ground breaking, but it is another brushstroke in the tapestry that is the Road to Starrcade 1998.[/QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RoadWild97.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="4"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Road Wild 1998:... Psssssst, don't let your folks know you're watching this.... ;)[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER] A video plays at the top of the broadcast, featuring the WCW World Heavyweight Championship main event three way dance for later in the evening between [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] who will defend against [B]Sting[/B] and [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B]. * The initial parts of the video are in a glossy gold highlighting some of Chris Jericho's wins early in 1998 * Then it turns a blood red as Jericho betrays the Cruiserweights and alligns himself with the nWo * We see the desperate feud he had with Sting where he came perilously close to winning the WCW World Heavyweight Championship * And then the ultimate triumph where he prevailed against the odds * The video goes to a glossy gold again as we watch the friendship of Bret Hart and Sting * Their endless pursuit to end nWo treachory * And then the video goes blood soaked again from the Pay-Per-View tag team match where Bret Hart copped an accidental elbow from Sting, and returned to the dressing rooms leaving Sting out on his own * We watch footage from the build up to the match featuring several show ending moments over the past few weeks * Tonight: We find out who really is the best of the best! [CENTER]------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, we see [B]Billy Kidman[/B] hanging his head out of the Thrillapalooza dressing room. "Shhh! They're here! Get in!" He shouts out. [B]Lance Storm[/B] looks extremely pacified, and slowly moves inside the door. [CENTER]-------------------------[/CENTER] Just around the corner, [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] is hauling his luggage in, when he sees [B]Miss Elizabeth[/B] talking to one of the young valets who is trying to get noticed out of the Power Plant. "Be yourself," she suggests. The young beautiful blond Power Plant girl is about to reply with a great big smile when... "A tramp?" Page retorts. Elizabeth turns back to Page and astonishingly slaps him straight across the face. Page clenches his first, but before he can throw one the [B]West Hollywood Blondes[/B] appear, and both men get in the way, allowing Miss Elizabeth to scurry off. Page goes to walk off, but turns back with a double armed clothesline to both men. They both get up groggy, allowing Page to execute the Diamond Cutter on both men! [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JuventudGuerrera-1.jpg[/IMG] WCW Cruiserweight Championship Jushin 'Thunder Lyger' v Juventud Guerrera[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A top quality opener. The Harleys revved up with a few of the planchas, clearly they were being enjoyed emphatically. Thrillapalooza looked set to gain their first Championship, as Juventud was performing well above himself tonight, proving to the wrestling world his enormous capabilities in this division. Jushin was getting frustrated, and probably was holding sway for only 35% of the match. Juventud continued to take no prisoners with some crisp chain wrestling and aerial acrobats, but finally, Jushin pulled one out of the bag when he took advantage of Juvi missing a cross body block to grab Juvi into a school boy roll up to grab a controversial win. The controversy you see stemmed from the fact that referee Charles Robinson completely missed the fact that Jushin Lyger's feet were on the second rope adding leverage to the pin. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] Backstage, the cream of the New World Order, [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B], WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] and the Outsiders [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and Scott Hall[/B] arrived, not by Harley Davidson as you would expect but aristocratically in a chaffuered black limousine. How un-Road Wild! [CENTER]------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B], the WCW Television Champion is playing cards with a couple of masked Mexicans. It looks like they're playing poker. Walking in behind Eddie is [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B], who can see the hand Eddie has been dealt. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! He's bluffing boys, he's bluffing..." Guerrero smiles cheekily before the Mexican lucha takes Flair's word on it and bluffs Guerrero out. The Television Champion stands up and stands chest to chest with Flair. "Esse, what the hell do you want holmes? Can't you see I'm busy..." "Oh, you'll be busy tonight pal, you see tonight, Dean Malenko gets revenge. You see tonight pal, when you get ready to walk down that aisle that ten pounds of gold that sits on that poker table, it comes back to the Horsemen. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" Guerrero stews, as Flair gives him a wink and walks off. [CENTER]----------------------[/CENTER] "And introducing their opponents, representing Thrillapalooza, accompanied by [B]Ryan LYNN[/B], [B]Billy KIDMAN[/B], [B]Jerry LYNN[/B] and [B]Lance STORM[/B]..." the ring announcer proudly calls out. A dark lit area near the stage suddenly becomes illuminating, revealing... [B]the Eagles[/B]! Instead of hearing the fast paced beat of the Thrillapalooza theme song, they come down the aisle to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM9HQCiPyf4&feature=related"][I]Life in the Fast Lane[/I][/URL]. The Harley Davidson bikers roar their engines in adulation for the Eagles, as Thrillapalooza bow down and pay homage to Don Henley and the boys. Once near the ring, Ryan Lynn gets on the apron and opens the ring the way the best darlin' valets do, which the bikers clearly enjoy. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lance_Storm.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LaParka3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lizmark_Jr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Curry_Man3.jpg[/IMG] Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Curry Man[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Even La Parka enjoyed the Eagles, as he jumped on his coveted steel chair to jive some moves. Curry Man promptly pushed him in the chest and demanded he focus on the opponents who opened it up with Billy Kidman hitting a cross body block on both men who were unaware he was switched on for action. As is the case with most six men matches, this was just carnage, exhilliration and blood curdling action. After seven minutes of open ended excitement, La Parka came charging in the ring with the steel chair, with Lizmark distracting Billy Silverman. He went to swing it at Jerry Lynn, but... Don Henley had stepped into the ring, and held back the chair from being swung! La Parka turned around and Henley dropped him with a low blow! Lizmark and Curry Man raced in, but Kidman and Storm threw them to the outside, allowing Jerry Lynn time to execute the Cradle Piledriver for a terrific win. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] Backstage, we cut to the dressing room of [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B]. He is sitting on a wooden bench, with his tights barely pulled up over his middrift and not pulled tight over his shoulders. His head is in his hands, as he looks a nervous wreck. His youngest son Blade comes by with a toy car and races it by Bret, who remains motionless. Tonight is the biggest night of his illustrious career, as he goes for the most coveted Championship in the business. [CENTER]------------------------[/CENTER] In the Road Wild Interview Center, WCW's newest broadcast interviewer [B]Pamela Paulshock[/B], a young vuluptuous blond with a pair of cannons that could blast the USS Kittyhawk back into active action stands by. "Thank you very much Tony Schiavone, tonight my special guest is [B]Bill Goldberg[/B]..." The powerful specimen slowly walks in on shot, breathing heavily, pumelling his right hand around the palm of his left hand. "Tonight Bill, you will face the 7'4", 500 pound monster, the Giant, in what promises to be an epic encounter here at Road Wild. Just how do you plan to overcome the Giant?" Bill looks at her menancingly, causing her to step back a little. "Where's Gene?" Bill asks. "He's... He's around... somewhere." "I want Gene..." "Well, you've got me..!" "Oh I see, that'd be about right, wouldn't it? Bill Goldberg isn't good enough for Okerlund now? Is that what this is?" "Well uh... no I... uhh..." "Who the hell are you anyway? You look and sound like a set of car air bags. Now, onto the Giant. There's something you look and smell like, but after I'm done with you tonight, you'll be just another notch on my list. Because Giant, tonight... it doesn't matter how big you are, I'm unbeaten. I'm on a streak. I'm on a road for glory. I'm a Four Horsemen. And tonight, Giant... the one thing you can be assured of is... YOU'RE NEXT!" [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rey_Mysterio19.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chavo_Guerrero12.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Stevie_Ray-01.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BookerT1999.jpg[/IMG] WCW Tag Team Championships Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v Harlem Heat [/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] After a quick surge from Rey and Chavo, the power of Stevie Ray quickly asundered the Tag Team Champions. For the next eight or nine minutes, Booker and Stevie tagged effortlessly, cutting off the ring and treating Chavo Guerrero like a rag doll. But Chavo lately has typified courage, and he kept finding a way to beat the final count. He even survived a vicious looking powerbomb delivered from the powerful Stevie Ray with a miraculous kick out. Rey also raced in the ring several times, but every time he did this he raised the ire of the referee who inadvertently allowed Booker T to double team Chavo and also institute tags without actual tags. The bikie crowd got particularly incensed when Stevie Ray took a chain from his wrestling tights and slapped it straight across the face of Chavo, who bled profusely. Continually Stevie and Booker played cat and mouse with Chavo, but time and time again he managed to lift a shoulder, get a boot on the rope, or kick out altogether in a sensational blaze of glory. Stevie was getting frustrated and instituted a toe for toe slap fest, but Chavo started to hit just as hard, and Stevie started to stumble. Rey begged him on, before Booker came in the ring and slammed him with a clothesline. Stevie got up and tried to resume control, but Chavo got out of a collar and elbow tie up and went into a go behind and lifted Stevie Ray slightly for an atomic bomb! With Stevie struggling with his crown jewels, Chavo slowly, ever so slowly, ever ever ever so slowly crawled to the corner, and he fractionally beat Stevie Ray's desperate lunge to keep him in. Rey jumped up on the top rope and hit Stevie with a cross body block, in came Booker who was befelled by a drop toe hold. Rey's speed illuminated the ring, back and forth as Stevie and Booker tried various tactics to slow him down. But to no avail, the win that seemed so assured seemed so far away when Rey hit a stunning Springboard Hurricanrana on Stevie Ray, and when Booker came into the ring, Chavo jumped to the top and hit a top rope innovative neckbreaker! With both men down, Rey quickly covered, and against all odds the Champions retained in an enthralling match! What this proved for once and for all is that the Champions were no myth, they were no flukes, they were the real deal as they had just defied the greatest tag team of their generation ... against all odds. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, and STILL WCW Tag Team Champions, Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] Post match, [B]Rey and Chavo [/B]received a roaring ovation as engines roared in celebration. Out of the ring they held aloft their Championships, gasping for air as [B]Stevie Ray and Booker T[/B] looked on in complete and utter astonishment that what seemed so certain had fallen between their fingers. 'Iron' Mike Tenay and 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko spoke of their enormous courage, and spoke of how it reminded them of some of the truly great tag team eras such as the golden 80s where teams like the Midnight Express, Minnesota Wrecking Crew, The Brainbusters, Legion of Doom and those throwbacks to those days Harlem Heat and the Steiner Brothers dominated. Larry Zbysko gave the highest and perhaps most relevant praise available when he compared Rey and Chavo's feats to those of the Rock N Roll Express, the perennial underdogs, the perennial fighters, the ones who inevitably defied all adversity. "And you know what Mike, those guys were right at the top of the pile for a good 15 years," Zbysko added. Very relevant. What an era of longevity that really was. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RandySavage5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DiamondDallasPage2.jpg[/IMG] Last Man Standing Cage Match 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Moments earlier Tony Schiavone had announced this match had been granted the use of a steel cage, as finally ratified minutes ago by the WCW Executive Committee. The rules were simple, there would be no escape, both men would wrestle until one could not meet a standing ten count. This meant this would be carnage. And indeed, that is exactly what this was. This was the perfect opportunity for both men to take out their extreme hatred for one another on one another. This was the type of thing you wouldn't wish upon your worst enemy but that you'd gladly turn back to watch. Miss Elizabeth at ringside had tears flowing in her eyes as the cage came down and was locked, and shackled. There would be absolutely no way in or no way out. The only way to get out of there was to see a man practically lose all consciousness in the centre of the ring. Once it was on it started off like a scolded cat fight. Eye rakes, slaps, kicks downstairs, no love lost here. Both men were fearful of the cage, but both men had their faces opened up like a wild crimson mask within a few minutes as both men used the cage edges as a cheese grater. Page had no problem ripping off the turnbuckle pads and using it as a powerful weapon. But mainly the cage edge was amazingly brutal. After 16 minutes, Savage started to gain some ascendency. After a power slam, Page's back was wrecked. Savage went to the top... Elbow Smash! And back up... Elbow Smash! Four more times! Wow! Finally he let Page lie, and the referee counted...1....2....3.....4....5....6....7.....8.....9...te.. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Page got to his knees in desperation. Savage was stunned, they went toe for toe again, and the cage was used as a cheese grater again. Back and forth, back and forth. Savage then tried to go for a Diamond Cutter, but Page shrugged him off, Savage tumbled back... DIAMOND CUTTER! Wow, he really nailed that. The blood soaked over Savage's eyes, which were glazed red. 1...2....3....4....5.....6....7....8.....9............ 10. Savage tried desperately, but failed, failed to get to his feet, and Page secured an amazing win. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Diamond Dallas Page[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]Scott Hall[/B] was tying his laces in the dressing room. [B]Curt Hennig[/B] came up to him and tapped him on the shoulder, and winked. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevenRegal2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DeanMalenko.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship - As Decided by the Viewing Fans, Ladder Match Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Regal openly complained at the start of the match that the match was now a ladder match, but Guerrero smiled, and then rolled out of the ring to allow Malenko and Regal, bitter enemies to the end, started brawling, before Regal's extra power started to overcome Malenko and drive him into the mat. From there the southpaw went nuts pounding the head of Malenko, who eventually was able to use his agility to overpower Regal and throw back right hands of his own! Guerrero sat on the outside drinking a bottle of water and kept clapping. Eventually Regal and Malenko noticed what was happening, looked at other and nodded. They raced to the outside, and grabbed a steel chair each and chased wildly Guerrero. Eddie raced back into the ring, and begged off, as Malenko and Regal looked at each other he dropped both with a low blow. Guerrero got back to his feet and dropped both stunned men with a DDT into the back of the chair. Again Guerrero went to the outside and sat down, with referee Robinson helpless. Malenko came around first, and he tried to put a Texas Cloverleaf on Regal. Regal eventually kicked him off, and started yelling at him, pointing above and telling Malenko that a submission wasn't good enough. To respond, Malenko got into a go behind and took Regal down with a dominant tiger suplex. Malenko then headed for the outside, and began chasing Guerrero who then turned back and clotheslined the pursuing Malenko. Guerrero then took Malenko and whipped him shoulder first into the steel corner post. On and on this went, Guerrero playing the smart man, luring his opponents into traps and then watching them sabotage each other's chances. Guerrero kept grinning which kept frustrating Regal in particular. This kept continuing, which simply allowed Regal and Malenko to beat the snot out of each other with some really good action, and finally some good mat wrestling. Finally Guerrero came into the ring with a ladder, but Regal grabbed the ladder and was able to snap the ladder into the jaw of Guerrero. Regal picked up Guerrero and dropped him with a straight left to the head. Regal set the ladder up, and proceeded to climb it, but Guerrero with a desperate bid ran into the ladder thrusting Regal off and into the top rope. Regal's momentum carried him over the top. Malenko and Guerrero went toe to toe, before Guerrero was able to hit a vertical suplex on Malenko. Guerrero climbed up, but Malenko finally got his sea legs and began climbing. They got to the top, toe to toe they went, Regal raced into the ring and then bowled both men off. Both men were down, and Regal's energy was spent. Finally, Regal and Guerrero found themselves setting the ladder up. Up they went, wild slapping galore. At the top they sat, Malenko looked stunned, and finally made a run for it, following Regal up the ladder. He grabbed his right boot as Regal kept throwing lefts at Guerrero who looked to be tiring. But Malenko kept grabbing at the leg of Regal, and he pulled Regal off, but in the process lost his own balance, leaving Eddie at the top... to grab the WCW Television Championship again... [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Eddie Guerrero[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]Eddie[/B] quickly almost ran down the ladder, as [B]Malenko[/B] and [B]Regal [/B]got back to their feet and made a desperate lunge. Eddie got outside the ring and held his Championship aloft, smirking back at the two bitter losers. [CENTER]---------------------------[/CENTER] A video plays highlighting the heated feud between [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] and [B]Raven[/B], the One Man Army himself. * We start with a look at Raven defying Eric Bischoff and not joining the nWo * We hear him claim to be starting his own revolution * We see his tag match with Sting where he stood tall for WCW * We see Kevin Nash racing to the ring and Jack-knifing Raven * We see Raven on the mat smiling as a drip of blood came from his mouth * We see Raven put Hall in a modified Crossface * We notice Raven in the ring and the powerful reaction he has got from the crowd * And then we see the turn of Taz on Raven, for Taz to join the nWo [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven22.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/KevinNash4.jpg[/IMG] Raven v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Nash stood over Raven and smiled, but Raven smiled back harder as he started flying into Nash with powerful blows to the ribcage, and quickly had the big man moving around the ring with some irish whips and general chain wrestling. Raven took Nash down to the mat off an irish whip with a hip toss, with the big man landing on his back in a screaming fit of agony. Raven then proceeded to mercilessly pound the head of Nash who tried to fight it off. Raven then stood up and put his arms up to the crowd, who roared their engines in approval. Out to the outside Raven went, as he took a crutch from his trolley of goodies. Nash slowly got back up, but Raven crushed his ankle with the crutch. He then picked Nash up by his hair and tried to drop him with the Evenflow, but Nash shrugged him off and tried to get some feeling back into his ankle. Toe to toe they went again before the big man gained ascendency, hauling Raven into the corner with a thunderous irish whip. The ring shook as Nash followed him with a raised elbow to the point of the skull. Raven reeled back as Nash framed his head and then thrust his long leg left under the jaw of Raven who desperately tried to fight him off. Raven dropped to the mat and rolled outside to gain some time, as Nash shook off the cobwebs in his ankle. Nash then went to the outside, which was a bad mistake. For this is Raven's domain, and Nash as dangerous as he is, was treated to an exhibition of how to use steel ring posts, how to use steel ring steps, how to use steel guardrails, and how to anger badly a big brute of a bikie by landing on the crafted sides of the man's Harley. Nash was trying to get away, but the bikie held him for Raven to jump over the guardrail and then punch him powerfully to the head before grabbing him by the hair and taking him over the guardrail and back into the ring. Nash tried to fight back, but Raven kept finding ways to stop his momentum. The crowd was all over Raven like a rash as he appealed for their support, which they duly gave. Nash saw his momentum waining badly, and knew he had to try something. So after falling prey to a kick to the back of the skull, he grabbed Raven's boot and rolled him up into a ... WOW! What an innovative move. It was like an inverted figure four... head lock. Raven pleaded for mercy! The pain was etched on his face, but eventually the look of desperation changed when his eyes closed, and his face reverted to a smile. Raven was out, but only by a desperate piece of innovation from Nash. What an ending, where the hell did that come from? [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Kevin "Nash[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]Nash[/B] blew a massive sigh of relief, as he stood over [B]Raven[/B], almost in respect looking down at him, realising how brilliant a young wrestler Raven was turning into. [B] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [/B]ran down to the ring with a black can of spraypaint, which Nash held over the back of Raven, but he shook his head and dumped the spraycan. I guess it was respect, maybe it was surreal disbelief that he had survived. Either way, despite losing, Raven had announced himself to the world. Nash stumbled his way to the back as [B]Scott Hall [/B]began walking down. Nash flicked him the nWo sign, but Hall instead of flicking back merely nodded and kept walking down to ringside. Once in the ring, Hall took a microphone from the ring announcer, David Penzer. "Hey... Hey Yo," he called out with the crowd clearly anti nWo. "Ok, you might have heard by now I've been going around taking a little survey. So lets do this. How many of you are here to see that lame... hic hic... dubbya cee dubbya..." The crowd gave a thunderous roar, both vocally and engine wise. "Ok..Ok... How many of you are here to see the TOOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEEEEET nWo?" The reaction isn't all bad, but it certainly isn't that strong. "Survey says, one more for the good guys. Speaking of good guys, this bad guy, the ultimate bad guy, the original bay guy, he's going to bring the United States Championship back to the United States. Chico Benoit, I'm not going to burst my lungs, I'm going to let the Outsiders Edge do the talking, bro. So, Chris Benoit... You want some? COME GET SOME!" [QUOTE][CENTER][B][SIZE="5"][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisBenoit4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ScottHall9.jpg[/IMG] WCW United States Championship 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v Scott Hall[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] This was surprisingly a good match technically. Of course, you come to expect it from Benoit who is the king of 5 star matches 'round here, but Scott Hall? Well, put the look of amazement away, for Hall when he is sober and on his game can wrestle a good credible match. Here he took his good credible match and blew the roof off with Chris Benoit. It was sensational to watch their chemisty, it was very natural, the work in the ring was evolved and furthered both their characters - Hall the aloof sinister original bad guy, and Chris Benoit the no nonsense perfectionist. Unlike most of the other matches tonight that were totally over blown with action outside the ring being paramount, this match was strictly in the ring. The overbooked nature though came in with the amount of near falls, and Chris Benoit's insane ability to counter moves and find a new direction for the story to be told. After numerous near falls, Hall tried to slow down Benoit, and locked in a sleeper, using his height advantage to crush down on Benoit's neck and further prevent the passage of oxygen. Benoit stoically tried to stay awake, but Billy Silverman had to check on his arm. It fell once, twice, but not a third time. And the crowd rallied behind the Four Horseman, who responded by elbow his way up to a wide vertical base, and being in a position to force off Hall. Rights and lefts were then exchanged, but Benoit somehow found more power. Hall clumsily swung, but Benoit grabbed him by the wrist and whipped him into the ropes and sunset flipped the big man onto his back. Hall struggled back to his feet, and then raked the eyes of Benoit. His right eye looked bloodshot, and he was clearly struggling to see. Hall swung a discus lariat at Benoit and knocked him to the ground. Hall signalled for the Outsiders Edge, but when he turned around he was shocked to see Benoit already back on his feet. Benoit then crash tackled Hall to the mat and began pounding Hall's head unceremoniously. Finally Benoit stumbled back to his feet and screamed in agony as he tried to wash away some of the blood from his eye. Silverman asked him if he wanted to stop but he vowed to carry on. Like a blind man he searched around the ring, not really knowing where Hall was, until finally Hall locked up with Benoit. Benoit amazingly over powered the stronger Outsider and thrust him into the corner. A series of horrifically powerful reverse knife edge chops landed perfectly on Hall's chest. Benoit finally let Hall out, who turned around and went for an Outsiders Edge, but Benoit averted it but locking Hall into a front chancery. With Hall locked in, Benoit let him go, slapped him, went into a go behind while Hall staggered and began the rolling german suplexes... The crowd counted....1.....2......and there was the third. Hall hit his head hard, so Benoit went to the top. The crowd were on their feet.... Diving Headbutt! Benoit rolled around in agony at the tremendous pain going up and down his spine, but eventually he rolled over onto the back of Hall... CRIPPLER CROSSFACE! He had it locked perfectly, and Hall had no other option but to tap vigorously. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW United States Champion, Chris Benoit[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] A video played highlighting the career of one [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] * Bill is a former Atlanta Falcon * Bill is a product of the Powerplant * We heard high praise from trainer Buddy Lee Parker from the Power Plant * We looked at Goldberg's televised debut against Hugh Morrus where he overpowered Morrus easily * We looked at his first interview with Gene Okerlund where he said very little, but in a way that said so much * We looked at his first Pay-Per-View victory that came over Steve 'Mongo' McMichael the legendary Chicago Bear Super Bowl winner * We see various versions of his spear and Jackhammer combo, a deadly combination * We also see his relationship with 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair, his protege in the Four Horsemen * And then the words... Giant... YOU'RE NEXT! [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG] Bill Goldberg v The Giant [/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The commentators pondered how it would be possible for Goldberg to elevate such a monster for the Jackhammer. We soon had our answer, it was impossible. Goldberg was simply unable to lift the dead weight of the Giant, particularly from the back injury he suffered at the Great American Bash courtesy of the maniaical Randy Savage. This left the Giant confident, and he responded with a Chokeslam. He stood over Goldberg with his boot crushing his ribcage...1.....2... NO! Goldberg kicked out. Giant looked stunned. When he turned around... SPEAR! Realising he couldn't get the Giant up, Goldberg innovatively applied an amazing Crucifix Submission, using his Judo training from the Power Plant. The Giant immediately started flapping his arms and slapping the mat, and referee Nick Patrick called for the bell. Goldberg had been applying the hold from beneath the Giant's head, and forcing leverage up underneath the lower neck of the Giant, not only restricting his breathing but severely increasing the chances of a serious neck injury. The streak continues! Against all odds, and without the Jackhammer, it continues! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Bill Goldberg[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] At the bottom of the ramp, [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] stood by before tonight's stellar main event. "Alright Sturgis, tonight, in a special three way dance 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho will put his WCW World Heavyweight Championship on the line against Sting and his nemesis Bret 'The Hitman' Hart. So without further adieu, I'd like to bring out to you the WCW World Heavyweight Champion himself, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho!" The nWo music plays mixed in with his instrumental version of Evenflow, as the WCW World Heavyweight [B]Champion Chris Jericho[/B] comes out arrogantly while the fans boo in unicon. "Welcome to Jericho Wild Gene Mean! Now, I want you to just...shut... THE HELL UP! You know, I'd love to be able to come out here and give you my version of Life in the Fast Lane, but Gene Mean I land on my head for a living so I don't recall all the words. Not even the Ayotollah of Rock n Rollllllaaaaa would stoop to sing that song. You see, I only recall the words to the classics. Now, Junior, tonight I put this... the WCW World Heavyweight Championship on the line. I put it on the line against two bottom feeding trash bags by the names of Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, Yes Bret, the S is silent... And Sting. A man I have already have the extreme pleasure of demoralising and destroying in the past. Now Sting, you seem to take yourself very, very, seriously. And that's fine, because tonight will be no laughing matter for you, my friend. You see, tonight I prove for once and for all that you don't belong at my level. I get you out of my mind, man! You're going back to the minors after tonight, Junior! As far as you go Bret, you're a constant disappointment to the land of Canada, pal. You're a failure, you're a whinger, you're a whiner. Tonight you get put back in your place, pal. You can cry about it, spit about it, punch some punk exec all you like, but tonight you find out why you are a second rate never has been trash bag! You see pal, you are the Excellence of Execution, but I ask you, are the Master of 1004 holds? Tonight, when alls said and done, when two men gaze up at the ceiling lights and the night sky, I will be holding up the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Because I am Chris Jericho, and I am YOUR King of the World, and I am the Walrus...cu-cu-ca-chu!" [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisJericho2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BretHart6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Sting.jpg[/IMG] WCW World Heavyweight Championship Three Way Dance 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] All three men warily circled the ring before Jericho and Bret Hart, the Canadian enemies, hooked up. Hart drove underneath Jericho and pushed him back into the corner before wailing away with some hard rights. Sting came to join in, but Hart out of frustration kicked Sting in the guts and dropped him with a gutwrench suplex. This would be the order of the night, no one trusting one another, and frictional fighting throughout. At various times it would appear one man was about to win, but the third man would make a valiant save not to help out his comrade but to keep his opening at the World Heavyweight Championship, the most prestigious belt in our industry, alive. The match was for all intents and purposes a technical mastercraft. It was like watching Flair-Sting, Flair-Steamboat, it was all about precision, it was all about telling a tale, it was all about psychologically wearing down your opponent. Each man had strong submission manovuers where they pushed their weight down over the arched back of their opponent, and each man at various times tried to eliminate the mere ability to stand of their opponent not only to set them up for their finisher but to premise a disability for their opponent. After 24 minutes of vicious action, Chris Jericho appeared to be the man waining. He had put in a great fight it has to be said, and unlike a lot of Champions in this situation he had taken the fight right to the two cavalier opponents. It almost appeared as if it was a mistake and that he had worn himself out. Sting and Bret Hart, the consummate veterans slowed down their own rhythms even at the expense of their enormous vitriolic hatred for one another to let Jericho burn himself out. And so he did. You could ser the tension, stress and frustration build within Jericho. And it gave Sting an opening, once he hit a hip toss on Bret Hart sending the Canadian legend scrambling to the outside. JEricho sloppily went for a belly to belly suplex, but Sting dead weighted him, and instead was able to pick Jericho up and drop him with a high vertical suplex. Sting sent Jericho into the corner... Sting came charging in, STINGER SPLASH! Jericho stumbled, Sting grabbed Jericho by the neck... SCORPION DEATH DROP! Sting then grabbed Jericho and turned him over for the SCORPION DEATH LOCK! Jericho screamed in agony, Sting arched back, Jericho was gone. But in raced Hart, and he pushed Sting off. Sting got up and pushed Hart back, Hart grabbed Sting as he came at him again into an inside cradle...1...2....NO! Sting got up but Hart grabbed him by the head and threw him to the outside. Jericho slowly got up, but Hart grabbed him... PILEDRIVER! Hart then worked over the inside of Jericho's right leg with some painful falling elbows. Hart then got over the top of Jericho... SHARPSHOOTER! He locked it in, real good too. But Sting too raced into the ring and just as Jericho looked like he couldn't take anymore, Sting pushed off Hart. Jericho rolled himself to the outside. Sting and Hart began slapping each other, and then started hitting full on punches. Both men stumbled, before Bret Hart took Sting down with a drop toe hold. He began grabbing Sting by the head and driving him repeatedly into the mat! Sting got back to his feet, and Hart hit him again. But Sting shook his head in defiance. Hart hit him again, and Sting shook his head again. Sting then threw a right at Hart who dropped to the mat! Hart got back up, and Sting sent him into the apron, Jericho was up and managed to trip Hart as he rebounded off, the rebound stuttered Hart.. SCORPION DEATH DROP! Sting smiled and pounded on his chest, but before he could do anything, Jericho was back in the ring. Sting turned around... SPEAR from Jericho! Both men lay next to each other on the mat as Jericho raced to the ropes, jumped up on the second rope and executed the Lionsault on Sting! Perfectly executed...1.....2.......3! MY GOD! Sting and Hart just cost each other the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, and Jericho knew it, as he grinned from ear to ear. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Jericho[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]Chris Jericho [/B]had his arm held aloft, as he kissed the Championship gold, and thrust it up for all to see. He then stood over [B]Bret Hart[/B] who was slowly coming to, and pointed to Jericho's name on the Championship. He then stood over [B]Sting[/B], and did the same. Jericho raced to the corner and again held the Championship high, as Sting and Bret Hart looked at each, in complete and utter disbelief, realising each man had the Championship for his taking, but due to their petty envy of each other shot each other in the foot, allowing Jericho to remain the Champion.

Archived