WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

Another very, very impressive show. The Benoit/Goldberg saga continues to intrigue me, but this Flair/mystery opponent match is going to be huge I reckon. Looking forward to finding out their identity. Non Title Match: [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B]v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner [I]Jericho keeps finding ways to win which, in my opinion, makes a great heel champ. Jericho is certainly that.[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel [I]Tempted to give this one to The Fallen Angel, but I played it safe with the Champ.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v The Great Muta [I]Disco will hold the title up until Starrcade now I think. He deserves that much.[/I] Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]Hart is much better than Niedhart although we could see some Bulldog interference at some point.[/I] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [I]They continue to team well. Looking forward to see if Eddie will actually join the nWo.[/I] [B]Raven[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Chono lost last week and unfortunately for him he won't be able to get back on track this week.[/I] [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [I]Savage could probably use the win more as he seems to have joined forces with The Hitman.[/I] Lance Storm v [B]The Giant[/B] [I]Storm hasn't really made much of an impact since his debut, from what I can remember anyway, which is a shame, but I don't really see him downing a Giant here.[/I] Harlem Heat v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]Tempted to got the other way with Benoit and Goldberg not being on the same page, but then I realised it was Goldberg. Something will definitely happen after the match though, if not during.[/I] Good luck in diary of the month mate. After the recent shows you more than deserve that title. This has gotten to a point where I wish a new show was up everyday. There is so much going on in the run in to Starrcade and everything has my interest.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks totti, appreciate it. I wasn't quite as happy with this show as I have been with others recently, I felt the build up to the main event left a little bit to be desired. I could have written more to make it more logical, but I was seriously lacking in time and I wanted to make sure that the rest of the card wasn't held back more days so I could get across what I really wanted.

Agree with Totti - the last show was still very solid. It didn't really feel like a step down from the other recent quality. Non Title Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel WCW Television Championship:[B] Disco Inferno[/B] (c) v The Great Muta Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [B]Raven [/B]v Masahiro Chono [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko Lance Storm v [B]The Giant[/B] Harlem Heat v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]

Non Title Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno[/B] (c) v The Great Muta Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [B]Raven[/B] v Masahiro Chono [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [B]Lance Storm[/B] v The Giant Fly hits windshelid Harlem Heat v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]

[QUOTE=tristram;756785]Thanks totti, appreciate it. I wasn't quite as happy with this show as I have been with others recently, I felt the build up to the main event left a little bit to be desired. I could have written more to make it more logical, but I was seriously lacking in time and I wanted to make sure that the rest of the card wasn't held back more days so I could get across what I really wanted.[/QUOTE] The show has made me anticipate Starrcade even more so i'd safely say it's done its job there. Congratulations on hitting the five star mark in the diary. Anybody who rates this less than five really needs their head checking.

Non Title Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B]v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner Jericho is THE star. No sense taking any shine off of it. WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c) [/B]v The Great Muta Disco has won against big names and adds Muta to that list. Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] Hitman wins the battle of former partners. Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [B]Raven[/B] v Masahiro Chono [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko will Sting get involved again as these two are on a collision course Lance Storm v [B]The Giant[/B] fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of a Canadian [B]Harlem Heat[/B] v Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit the established tag team should get the win over the 2 singles stars. dissension in the ranks leads to their fall and the aftermath should be full of fireworks.

I don't know what you're talknig about, I really loved that show, thought it was great. Here are my thoughts- [LIST] [*]Benoit - Goldberg is being built brilliantly [*]I'm genuinely excited about the Flair angle [*]That Flair - Bischoff video thing was excellently done, felt very authentic [*]Vincent cameo! Woo! [*]It's amazing how well DDP is coming out of this whole angle [*]The Steiner - Tazz brawl was the most ridiculously, stupidly fun segment I've read since BoomKings 'Chase the Midget' thing. People forget that wrestling is about entertainment and that seemed cheesy yet funny as hell [/LIST] All in all, a great show Non Title Match: [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B]v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner [I]It makes no sense for Jericho to be jobbing here[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel [I]Lyger is a good chanpion so won't drop the title until the moment is right[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v The Great Muta [I]See my predictions from last show[/I] Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]By the time '99 rolls around Neidhart will be of very little use to you indeed[/I] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [I]Los Vengadores are nothing more than a jobber team really while Eddy & DDP are having an interesting relationship[/I] [B]Raven[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Raven is one of your top names at the moment[/I] [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [I]Malenko seems to have gone off the boil somewhat whereas Savage is staying important for you[/I] Lance Storm v [B]The Giant[/B] [I]I love Lance Storm but The Giant is a giant. Ironically enough.[/I] Harlem Heat v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]This is tough to call because Goldberg and Benoit are the bigger names, but they will struggle to get along and wouldn't really be hurt by Harlem Heat beating them if it is through miscommunication. I'm gonig for the easy option though[/I]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] After the pyros burst out around this sold out arena, and we pan around for the obligatory show of fans holding up their various signs, mainly Four Horsemen signs at that tonight, the music of [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], the WCW World Heavyweight Champion begins. The Champion struts down to the bottom of the ramp, before pumping his right fist as the pyros burst out behind him. The Championship is arrogantly slung over his right shoulder, as he laughs at the fans on his continued approach to the ring. Once in the ring, the music stops, and the fans start booing with ultimate contempt. Jericho waits for it to stop, but it does not, so finally he lifts the microphone to his mouth to address this rowdy crowd. "Welcome... to.... MONDAY NIGHT JERICHO!" This receives a further blasting from the crowd, which Jericho merely smiles to as he swaggers across the ring. "Will you please... SHUT...THE ... HELL UP! You are showing no respect whatsoever for me, Lionheart Chris Jericho, your paragon of good virtue, the ayatollah of rock...n...ROLLLLAAAA, the man of 1004 holds, the owner of Prince Nackimackie's skirt, and YOUR... WCW... WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! Above all that, I am your leader, as the leader of all the Jerichoholics and this is MY show!" The crowd riles Jericho up further, who begins brushing the fringe of his hair back angrily. His teeth grits, before he lifts the microphone once more. "All I want is for you to want me! Why don't you love me? Is it because I have all my teeth in place? Are you envious that I haven't married my cousin? What is it with you people? I could quite easily flea this business right now and become a multi-billion dollar movie franchise. And all you measley people have to do to keep me keeping you all happy while I take apart the flea ridden bottom feeding trash bags of the day like Randy Savage, like Sting, is respect me! Yet you all sit there like wide eyed sycophants cheering for a guy like Sting..." The crowd do chant for Sting, and start wooing, as Jericho shakes his head. "What do you ignates want? Do you want me to paint my face, put tassles on my arms and legs, and reach for the sky like a rotating genital wart and scream things that make no sense? Perhaps you'd prefer me to cut a manna kins head off and write cranium on my forehead? Would that be cool? I'm giving this championship ... RESPECT! I'm like Dusty Rhodes, because brudda," he says as he imitates Rhodes, "I am bad and dey know I'm bad! Just like Dust, I'm giving this belt... RESPECT! And that's not something you hear of everyday. Infact, did you know, that a certain other promotion planned to give this guy a good shot at their Championship?" [CENTER][/CENTER] "You know what that guy does now?" Jericho pauses, and the crowd is kind of mute, waiting for an answer. "No, seriously, does anyone know what he does anymore? Because I sure as hell don't. Just like all of us won't when I rid us all of Sting. The fact is, unlike the likes of Sting, unlike the likes of Randy Savage, unlike the likes of Mr Magoo that I showed you before, I build my reputation on being... AWESOME! I am the greatest athlete in professional sports today. I've faced the Giant, I've faced Bret Hart, I've faced all the so called paper champions. And beat them all. Still I get no respect. I guess you could say I'm a bit like Britney Spears. Everyone knows that Britney and I are going to be the mainstream icons for the next ten to fifteen years. There's nothing surer. We're both easy tempered, easy going individuals... and we are both... AWESOME! Yeah baby, hit ME baby one more time! If there is a God, and I know there is... because you are practically staring at him, or at least his most epic vision, I will rid the world of cantankerous cancers like Sting and Randy Savage in the very near future. Why? Becase I'm that damn good. Heck, there isn't a single man in that there locker room who I have not defe.." Just then, the music of the [B]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner [/B]begins, and the rabid dog himself, on all fours, with his brother[B] Scott Steiner[/B] limping behind him, comes under the Turner Tron. He races down to the ring, with [B]Charles Robinson[/B] in tow, it looks like we have an impromptu match! [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chris_Jericho61.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rick_Steiner5.jpg[/IMG] Non Title Match WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Steiner started this one off powerfully clotheslining Jericho to the floor. The crowd got in behind Steiner as he got on his knees and barked. Jericho grabbed his hair and started walking to the back, but [B]Scott Steiner[/B] threw Jericho back in. Jericho tried to slow it down, but Rick Steiner continued to hit some rough house elbows to the back. Jericho though did eventually take control by a low blow, and went for a three minute segment going through various mat holds on Rick Steiner. Finally, Steiner was sent into the ropes, before Jericho came back with a cross body block, he hooked the legs of Rick Steiner with his feet on the ropes to record the victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Chris Jericho[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the match we go to the dressing room of the Four Horsemen. Entering the door is [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]. He is wearing a Wolverine cap, which is on sale now, the commentators politely tell us. [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] stands up, but [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] stands between the two young raging bulls. "Whoa whoa whoa!" Flair emphasises. "These last couple of weeks have been an outrage. Chris BY GOD Benoit, WOOOOOO Bill Goldberg, as long as I walk the aisle I know of a thing called trust. Some trust me too much and end up finding out I'm the dirtiest player in the game. Others, like that low life coward Eric Bischoff, WOOOOO, they find out why I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. But you are two, the two raging bulls of the Four Horsemen, I trust you both with my life. And I'm going to ask you to repay my faith. I ask this of you Chris Benoit, for all the support I've given you, don't turn ya back on me! As for you Goldberg, ease back... have faith. Let the man make his choice, it'll be the right one... or it'll be the LAST one! But pal, I trust you... I trust you." Benoit's nasal passage widens, before he nods. Goldberg though rips the cap off Benoit's head. "This is what I'm talking about, Ric," Goldberg suggests. "Look at this? It's all him! It's not about us anymore! It's all about him!" "If it was all abouuuuuuut me," Benoit replies, "I would slap the smile off your face for doing that." "By GOD boys," Flair interrupts. "Get it together. For tonight, you are taking on Harlem Heat. Boys, this group is the greatest group of all time. Learn to live with it, learn to love it, it's the greatest thing going today... WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Benoit and Goldberg stare at each other menacingly, as Flair seems oblivious to the obvious raging inferno between these two, as we fade away. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ultimo_Dragon12.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Christopher_Daniels28.jpg[/IMG] WCW Cruiserweight Championship Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A slower paced than normal Cruiserweight encounter. The Fallen Angel seemed focused on making Jushin Lyger's life a living hell in the match. Constantly he held Lyger for Ultimo Dragon to attack, and then the Fallen Angel would attack himself. Lyger hit a Brainbuster on Ultimo Dragon, but Fallen Angel grabbed referee Mickey Jay and distracted him long enough. Jay ran across and nearly made the three count, but Lyger was frustrated. Lyger tried taking down both men, and appeared to be succeeding. The crowd were on their feet with some of the higher moves being demonstrated as he tried to beat both men. However, the Fallen Angel undid the top turnbuckle in one of the corners, as Lyger and Dragon brawled, and both Dragon and the Fallen Angel sent Lyger into the corner head first. The Fallen Angel seemed pleased to step aside, as the Ultimo Dragon school boyed Lyger up for an unhappy change of titles. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and NEW WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Ultimo Dragon[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] As the [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] grabs the Championship and holds it aloft, [b]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] slumps in the middle of the ring. He points his finger out at the [B]Fallen Angel[/B], who is smiling at having caused the demise of his Championship reign. The commentators hype the Ultimo Dragon, as being a man who once held 11 professional wrestling Championships at once! [CENTER]--------------------------------------[/CENTER] A video plays highlighting the WCW World Television Champion, [B]Disco Inferno[/B]. It is a rather informative behind the scenes look at Disco, and these are some of the things we learn: * We see the strenuous, and lengthy training program he has committed himself to * We see contrasting poses from his personal life from listening to Gloria Gaynor, the Village People, the Bee Gees and the like to meditating in the well versed Yoga lifestyles to try and seek clarity in his life * We see the arduous life of a professional wrestler, raising at 4AM to hit the road through the middle of the night to get to the next destination * We see a slow-motion view of some of his Chart-busters, with extra focus on how hard the opponents neck snaps back and the commotion and trauma this causes within the opponents skull [CENTER]-----------------------------------[/CENTER] After the break, we see another video. This time is features [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] and [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith.[/B] Some of its features include: * Highlighting the family relationship, how Davey Boy is married to Bret Hart's sister, [B]Diana[/B] * They highlight the length of the wrestling history involved, including archived discussions with Stu Hart talking of their times in Stampede in Calgary's region, and their feud as the [B]British Bulldogs[/B] against the [B]Hart Foundation[/B] * WCW Road Agent [B]Terry Taylor[/B] remarks about how Bret Hart has often shown and led the way for [B]Jim Neidhart [/B]and Davey Boy Smith, opening the pathway for both of them to be a part of WCW * We then see scenes from Bret Hart losing to [B]Chris Jericho[/B], and the ensuing lack of respect shown by Davey Boy Smith claiming Bret let down the Hart family [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Disco_Inferno4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thGreat_Muta2.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship Disco Inferno (c) v The Great Muta[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A very solid match. The Great Muta was quick and swift, hitting those swift kicks and snap suplexes to drive Disco down. But Disco was giving as good as he was getting, and as Muta seemed really to myst Disco, Disco lunged forward and snap kicked him to the stomach, causing Muta to lose the myst, and opening the path for Disco to hit the Chartbuster for the win. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Disco Inferno[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the break, [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] strode purposefully to the ring. You can sense the extra feeling circling in his emotional world at the moment, seeing his own legacy basically falling apart around him as his own family rips itself apart. There is no tapping of hands at ringside, he doesn't even stop to drop off the pink sun glasses to a fan, tonight, Bret Hart is all business. "You know, when I came to WCW I didn't realise the price I would pay in my family life," Bret Hart says. "When I came to WCW, I forgot how hard it would be to be here without Owen. You know, over the years I've wrestled with Bruce, with Keith, with my father Stu, but the fact is, it's with Owen that we truly ascended the heights of professional wrestling. You see, to me, as much as trust, honour and integrity are so important in this business, which has so horribly been forgotten over the past few years with the likes of that piece of [BEEP] in Titan Towers and the man just as ignorant of common courtesy, Eric Bischoff, the fact is family is and always has been the most important. You see, the truth is, we tried to get Owen out and get him here too. But the fact of the matter is, that scumbag promised to sue the hell out of the family if we even tried it. The truth is, this business takes everything away from you. Your family... my family is falling apart. Money? You spend most of it on the road just to keep sane. The fact is, you're only ever one good kick to the head away from being yesterday's news. So when you think you've got enough on your plate with the New World Order, and the likes of Sting, what should happen? The brothers who you showed the way to start taking you apart. Why? Because they didn't get the Rolex's they wanted. They didn't get the sports cars they wanted. All because for whatever reason, I didn't get the job done. It's always been about Bret Hart, and how much people can making a living off me. That cheapskate up north did it, I didn't expect Davey Boy to do it. I treated him like a brother. The amount of things I did for him, including giving him the rub in his home country to propel him into becoming a major superstar, and opening the way for him to join the WCW... and what's he done? Week after week he's underperformed. I can tell you one thing about Davey Boy Smith, Davey Boy Smith is one of the great professional wrestlers of this era. I don't care if you talk to me about him about the British Bulldogs with the Dynamite Kid, or you talk about him as a singles wrestler, or whether you talk about him teaming with either Owen or Jim Neidhart, the fact is Davey Boy Smith is one of the true greats. Maybe he has a point, maybe he hasn't quite been recognised. But Davey, there's only one reason for that. Because as much potential as you have, I look you in the eye pal and I wonder whether you've ever taken responsibility for your own position on the card. So Davey, I'm asking you to take responsibility, right here, tonight. I'm asking you to come down here and face me, one on one. Show the world just how great you are. I'm picking you won't, so I'm going to ask you instead to send down whoever the hell you want, so I can show you why I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Why I am the Excellence of Execution, and why you should know I have never... ever, let you down!" Appearing at the top of the ramp is none other than [B]Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart[/B], the hard hitting bruiser, which causes Bret Hart to shake his head in dismay, knowing full well that at home in Calgary, the family is splitting, as this is Ellie Hart's husband. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jim_Neidhart2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BretHart6.jpg[/IMG] Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Jim Neidhart was aggressive, if slightly sloppy. Bret Hart tried to reason with him, but eventually had to fight fire with fire, and when that didn't work due to Neidhart's power, he had to get smart, and he did, hitting a drop toe hold. From there, Hart kept Neidhart grounded for long enough periods to build up to the Sharpshooter. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Bret Hart[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the match, we went backstage where [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash [/B]lifted up a WCW Television Production Crew member and sent him headfirst across a catering table. Through the Pavlovas, creaming his face with ice creams, and finally dipping himself in fudge, the WCW Television Production Crew member has a horrible trip. Meanwhile, [B]Pamela Paulshock[/B] arrives on the scene to survey the carnage. "Pamela! Get over here!" Nash threateningly says. Paulshock walks over, led by her two magnificent assets, and lifts the microphone to Kevin Nash. "I want to make one thing very, VERY clear. Right now, this whole war rages and is coming to his climax. You can feel it in the air. And I want to make one thing clear to you, Scott Hall. My team-mate of the past two or three years. Brother, you left with my lady friend the other day. There's been some things that you've done in the ring that haven't made me happy either. I sense from Curt Hennig that maybe things aren't as they seem. So I'll make this very clear. Either you show yourself and produce to your maximum levels within the New World Order.... Or...." Nash says as he looks angered, "I'll let you figure out the other alternative. You don't want to make this big dog... ANGRY!" We cut to a break, as the fudge covered production crew member falls to the ground off the table, and goes [I]MMMMM! Chocolate Sprinkles[/I] ... when he tastes what is covered over his face. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LaParka3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lizmark_Jr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DDP2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Eddie_Guerrero16.jpg[/IMG] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A stock standard mid card tag match, with the exception of La Parka's graet chair swiveling dancing. The good part of the match was how slick Page and Guerrero tagged together. They were dominating the match like few others, demonstrating their wide array of moves, before Page snapped the Diamond Cutter on Lizmark Jr for the win. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Diamond Dallas Page and Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match, [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] stormed to the ring. He strode over the top rope. [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] went up to talk to him, but Nash pushed him to the mat, thrusting Page out of the way. [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] turned around and saw Nash, and almost involuntarily began running.. STRAIGHT into a big boot. Nash then picked Guerrero up... JACKKNIFE POWER BOMB! Page began pushing Nash, but Nash thrust him back to the mat, as he snatched the microphone from David Penzer. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Nash asks. Page got up and began to walk towards Nash again, but Nash held up his hand. "If you make one more move, I'll make sure you end up just like him. Now you listen up, and you listen good. You're in my backyard now, you're talking to the big dog of the nWo. They don't come much bigger than me, pal. Now Page, I appreciate everything you've done for me, from the time you took a punt on me back in 1992 back in the Diamond Mine. I appreciate the talk you and I had, and how you came to be next door neighbours to Eric Bischoff, and you came up with this little posse we call the New World Order. I appreciate your smoking hot piece of [BEEP] wife, I appreciate the fact that there is no way I can deny you were the hardest working son of a [beep] climbing his way from the bottom to the top. TO THE TOP! But you know what, you did it by being smart. You did the right things. You knew your role, and you played within it. You took the nWo, and you cemented it as the greatest thing going today. And brother, I can't stand by and watch you team with this man, a man who broke your marriage up." Page begins to look solemn, as Nash continues. "What you're doing is planting a seed to destroy the nWo, just like within the Four Horsemen, Chris Benoit, OUR Chris Benoit is about to destroy the Horsemen from within. What you're doin.." Just then, the nWo music hit again, and the original bad guy, [B]Scott Hall[/B], came from underneath the Turner Tron and strode to the ring. Once he got in the ring, Nash went to flick him the nWo sign, but Hall ignored him, before raising his microphone. "Say hello to the bad guy! Chico, I tell you dis once," Hall begins. "It's not this man Page, it's that Outsider there that's ripping us apart, chico. Big Kev, I've heard some things from one of my amigos, and from what I hear, I don't like it. We used to always say, you're either with us, or you're against us, but chico, right now, I just don' know. I just don' know..." Hall drops the microphone, and immediately leaves the ring, leaving a clearly angered and confused 'Big Sexy' trying to figure out what the hell is going on here within the nWo! As we fade to a break, Nash begins shaking the ropes in disbelief, as Page tries to support him. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven23.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/MasahiroChono.jpg[/IMG] Raven v Masahiro Chono[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Raven smartly avoided Masahiro Chono when momentum was running hot for Chono, realising the Kenka Kick could destroy any man. He smartly went to the outside to recuperate, and eventually Chono followed, which was a grave mistake, as this is where Raven is the master. After a vicious, tenacious brawl outside, Raven took control and after a flurry of counters and near falls, Raven got the opportunity to hit the Evenflow for the win. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Raven[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] We enter the office of[B] 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B], who is leaning back in his leather recliner behind his oak desk, talking on his cell phone. "Yes, yes, it's all set," Bischoff gleams as he talks on his cell phone. "Look, I know the details are all set, I just want to know, if your hearts in this... Yeah, I too can't wait to see the look on their faces... Yeah, end Ric Flair's career, it's that simple really..." We fade out, just as the conversation begins to get interesting! [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Dean_Malenko6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RandySavage.jpg[/IMG] 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Savage kept Malenko down with a series of irish whips into clotheslines. It was wrestling basics, but Savage seemed extremely focused. It was like tonight he was issuing a challenge, and despite some neat counters from Malenko, Savage was able to grab the win by the Flying Elbow Smash. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Randy Savage[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the match, as[B] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] held his arms aloft, and then twirled his finger for the crowd, running down the ramp, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], the WCW World Heavyweight Champion stormed the ring and attempted to blindside Savage with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. But Savage sensed the danger and slid out of the ring, leaving Jericho to stamp his feet repeatedly and hold his head in complete frustration! [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lance_Storm.jpg[/IMG] The Giant v Lance Storm[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Poor Lance Storm, he tried to wrestle a good David v Goliath match, but he was no match for the Giant who, after overcoming the spirited Lance Storm's initial offence, was able to win with the Chokeslam. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, the Giant[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the break, a video recaps the issues within the Four Horsemen caused by [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B]. [CENTER][I]And all I want for this great champion here, Chris Jericho, is to face the best of the best at Starrcade. You see Ric, you've assumed it's Bill Goldberg. But I suspect that maybe... just maybe... you've forgotten someone else. Someone else who has also dominated 1998. I speak of your United States Champion, Chris Benoit. Chris Benoit, do you want to be a Champion?" The silent assassin, [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] moves forward and after looking at the crowd, finally nods yes. [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] stands behind him looking a bit outraged, but Flair restrains him. "You've got two choices to get a shot at Starrcade for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. And this, Ric... this is the fun part. Firstly, Chris Benoit.... I will send to you an nWo shirt. You can put it on, and become an official member of the nWo, and I will make sure you will be in that main event at Starrcade. Or... you can choose to defy your career aspirations and stick with these losers. BUT! If you do that, you will then be forced to face Bill Goldberg, one on one, in a number one contender's match at World War III. The choice is yours..."[/I][/CENTER] [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Booker_T13.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevieRay.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chris_Benoit22.jpg[/IMG] Harlem Heat v Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Harlem Heat were all over Benoit and Goldberg, primarily due to the dissention and lack of team work between Goldberg and Benoit. After seven minutes, the match seemed doomed for the Horsemen. Booker T hit the Book-End on Chris Benoit, but he kicked out. Eventually the two men worked their way into the match, despite their lack of tag work, and it set up an intense spot where Benoit and Booker T stole the show with some neat crisp chain wrestling. After evading the Book-End again, Chris Benoit hit the Book-End on Booker. Benoit then sent Booker across the ring, and took him down with a drop toe hold, and immediately wriggled in on the Crippler Crossface! Stevie Ray came charging in, but Goldberg came in and hit the Spear on him. Stevie Ray fell on top of Benoit and Booker, breaking up unfortunately the Crippler Crossface. The force was so hard that Benoit grabbed his ribs and rolled into the corner. Booker stumbled to his feet... SPEAR! Back came Booker... JACKHAMMER! It's all over. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Bill Goldberg and Chris Benoit[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] and [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] have their arms held aloft by [B]Nick Patrick[/B], but as we begin to fade to black, the two begin to stare in each other's eyes, rather than celebrate. Bill Goldberg crouches down in his Spear stance, and dares Benoit to take him on. But Benoit shakes his head, and slides out of the ring, leaving Goldberg to stew.

[QUOTE=totti;756004]Another very, very impressive show. The Benoit/Goldberg saga continues to intrigue me, but this Flair/mystery opponent match is going to be huge I reckon. Looking forward to finding out their identity. Non Title Match: [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B]v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner [I]Jericho keeps finding ways to win which, in my opinion, makes a great heel champ. Jericho is certainly that.[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel [I]Tempted to give this one to The Fallen Angel, but I played it safe with the Champ.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v The Great Muta [I]Disco will hold the title up until Starrcade now I think. He deserves that much.[/I] Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]Hart is much better than Niedhart although we could see some Bulldog interference at some point.[/I] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [I]They continue to team well. Looking forward to see if Eddie will actually join the nWo.[/I] [B]Raven[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Chono lost last week and unfortunately for him he won't be able to get back on track this week.[/I] [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [I]Savage could probably use the win more as he seems to have joined forces with The Hitman.[/I] Lance Storm v [B]The Giant[/B] [I]Storm hasn't really made much of an impact since his debut, from what I can remember anyway, which is a shame, but I don't really see him downing a Giant here.[/I] Harlem Heat v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]Tempted to got the other way with Benoit and Goldberg not being on the same page, but then I realised it was Goldberg. Something will definitely happen after the match though, if not during.[/I] Good luck in diary of the month mate. After the recent shows you more than deserve that title. This has gotten to a point where I wish a new show was up everyday. There is so much going on in the run in to Starrcade and everything has my interest.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Bigpapa42;756790]Agree with Totti - the last show was still very solid. It didn't really feel like a step down from the other recent quality. Non Title Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel WCW Television Championship:[B] Disco Inferno[/B] (c) v The Great Muta Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [B]Raven [/B]v Masahiro Chono [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko Lance Storm v [B]The Giant[/B] Harlem Heat v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=MattitudeV2;756991]Non Title Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno[/B] (c) v The Great Muta Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [B]Raven[/B] v Masahiro Chono [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [B]Lance Storm[/B] v The Giant Fly hits windshelid Harlem Heat v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=totti;756994]The show has made me anticipate Starrcade even more so i'd safely say it's done its job there. Congratulations on hitting the five star mark in the diary. Anybody who rates this less than five really needs their head checking.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=olympia;757041]Non Title Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B]v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner Jericho is THE star. No sense taking any shine off of it. WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c) [/B]v The Great Muta Disco has won against big names and adds Muta to that list. Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] Hitman wins the battle of former partners. Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [B]Raven[/B] v Masahiro Chono [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko will Sting get involved again as these two are on a collision course Lance Storm v [B]The Giant[/B] fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of a Canadian [B]Harlem Heat[/B] v Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit the established tag team should get the win over the 2 singles stars. dissension in the ranks leads to their fall and the aftermath should be full of fireworks.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=keefmoon;757818]I don't know what you're talknig about, I really loved that show, thought it was great. Here are my thoughts- [LIST] [*]Benoit - Goldberg is being built brilliantly [*]I'm genuinely excited about the Flair angle [*]That Flair - Bischoff video thing was excellently done, felt very authentic [*]Vincent cameo! Woo! [*]It's amazing how well DDP is coming out of this whole angle [*]The Steiner - Tazz brawl was the most ridiculously, stupidly fun segment I've read since BoomKings 'Chase the Midget' thing. People forget that wrestling is about entertainment and that seemed cheesy yet funny as hell [/LIST] All in all, a great show Non Title Match: [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B]v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner [I]It makes no sense for Jericho to be jobbing here[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Ultimo Dragon v The Fallen Angel [I]Lyger is a good chanpion so won't drop the title until the moment is right[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v The Great Muta [I]See my predictions from last show[/I] Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]By the time '99 rolls around Neidhart will be of very little use to you indeed[/I] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] [I]Los Vengadores are nothing more than a jobber team really while Eddy & DDP are having an interesting relationship[/I] [B]Raven[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Raven is one of your top names at the moment[/I] [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [I]Malenko seems to have gone off the boil somewhat whereas Savage is staying important for you[/I] Lance Storm v [B]The Giant[/B] [I]I love Lance Storm but The Giant is a giant. Ironically enough.[/I] Harlem Heat v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]This is tough to call because Goldberg and Benoit are the bigger names, but they will struggle to get along and wouldn't really be hurt by Harlem Heat beating them if it is through miscommunication. I'm gonig for the easy option though[/I][/QUOTE] Thanks lads for your thoughts. I'm much happier with this show. For me, it builds how I want it to towards World War III and beyond. Hope you enjoy, and look forward to your comments on the show as always.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/wcwcom-1.jpg[/IMG] This just in from WCW.com. The winner of this week's tips for Thunder will be the proud winner of this action figure of WCW Road Agent and former WCW star, 'Mr Wonderful' Paul Orndorff. Just look at the aggressive taunting look on his face.... "GRRRRR" he says [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mrwonderfulface2-1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] And own your own piece of pecan pie with the sideways curvey smile demonstrated in this shot: [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mrwonderfulback2TN-1.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Sure to be a hit with the kids and for your lady friends, after all this will make her feel like a natural woman. On sale now at all good WCW retail outlets. But wait! There's more! Ring in the next five minutes and receive a free set of steak knives, and due to an exclusive arrangement with Sony Music, this Wilson Phillips album on VHS! [CENTER] [/CENTER] Who could ask for anything more! Prequel to Death of WCW, yes, the author has gone looney... [U]Quick Picks[/U] Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger v The Fallen Angel Raven v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle WCW Television Championship: Disco Inferno (c) v Masahiro Chono Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell Curt Hennig v Booker T 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit

[B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] v The Fallen Angel Raven v [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno [/B](c) v Masahiro Chono Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Thrillapalooza [/B](Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [B]Curt Hennig[/B] v Booker T 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/highway-1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ [CENTER][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4] "I have heard lately that he's wanted to spend more time with his Woman," one insider said to me earlier this evening. "I think there's a lot of forces at work here, from the title itself, to perhaps becoming sick and tired of being a puppet. I think the nWo creates an opportunity for Benoit to become the new Ric Flair, and this is what troubles subconsciously Bill Goldberg. He thought he was the heir apparent."[/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ It's not often that I am reporting to you live from an event. Or more to the point, live post-event. Usually I have found myself before an event interviewing my subject and their peers, or slumming it go [I]Down the Wrestling Highway[/I] to the next port of call in this epic struggle of intrigue and saga we like to call World Championship Wrestling. But tonight, as we began leaving the home city of one of the most coveted races known to man, Indianapolis, Indiana, I simply had to open my laptop. After plugging into a nearby socket to try and keep this story going longer than the seven and a half minutes of promised battery life that this powerful laptop offers me, what I saw told a thousand stories. What I was seeing was wrestling history, a vision that culminates in the ultimate fear that traditions, legacies of grandiose courtesies, and freedom of expression all in the quest for Championship glory were all about to flushed down the toilet due to internal turmoil, caused by the green eyed monster of envy. As I sat down to write this, 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and Bill Goldberg were having a very heated argument. It was very clear, due to the high volume coming from Bill Goldberg, just what the confrontation was about. No more than an hour and a half ago, Goldberg had completed a victory with the WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit right here on WCW Monday Nitro. But it was a terse victory, and while many will simply refer to the adage that its not about how you win, its about whether you tick them over in the win column that ultimately counts, the lack of effectiveness, trust and faith in the tag work of the two linchpins of the Four Horsemen told a disturbing story. There was a lack of team-work, a lack of harmony, an almost contrived finish which was farcical by nature at best. This was far from the fluent, well oiled machines that both Bill Goldberg and Chris Benoit have become in 1998. Indeed, you could argue these two men, along with Chris Jericho, are the hottest risers in the world of professional sports and mainstream entertainment in 1998. They are without peer in any federation or promotion in regard to just how hot they have become as commodities, and ultimately it appears more and more likely that the balance of power lies within the palm of these three men's hands. As it happened, the Four Horsemen appeared to hold the balance of power given that both Goldberg and Benoit reside under the Four Horsemen banner, led to the battle field by their courageous General, Ric Flair. That was until that fateful night when as it appeared logical that Bill Goldberg, courtesy of the Four Horsemen's victory at War Games had won a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade, Eric Bischoff should walk into the Gin-Joint of the Four Horsemen and throw tear gas into their harmonious plans. That night, Chris Benoit and Bill Goldberg became tormented by glory, by greed, by a vision of wrestling supremacy. And as I sat here, typing my story, watching the heated discussions going on, I realised it was only natural. All professional wrestlers, from Lance Storm to La Parka, from Bill Goldberg to Chris Benoit aspire to achieve the ultimate fulfillment by becoming the numero ono in the sport. Maslow himself tells us that the psychological motivation within a human being is drawn out with the last sequential step being self-actualisation, a realisation of the dream that the person set out to achieve. That dream for all these professional wrestlers is the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, and Eric Bischoff realised that, and realised that that dream resonates above the retention of the glory of legacy and tradition that the Four Horsemen aspired to. And as I watched Flair, Goldberg, and Dean Malenko walk towards the exit, I realised they were not being joined by their previously loyal lieutenant. There has been a lot of talk regarding the allegiance of Chris Benoit, and this to me is somewhat of a tell-tale sign. The Four Horsemen are known to be party animals, led by the history and tradition of their stable which was regal and impervious to public torment as it continued to live a cherished life. Normally, Chris Benoit would be a part of that. "I have heard lately that he's wanted to spend more time with his Woman," one insider said to me earlier this evening. "I think there's a lot of forces at work here, from the title itself, to perhaps becoming sick and tired of being a puppet. I think the nWo creates an opportunity for Benoit to become the new Ric Flair, and this is what troubles subconsciously Bill Goldberg. He thought he was the heir apparent." Witnessing the commotion, I couldn't help but notice the obvious problems. Goldberg, a former football star turned undefeated wrestling phenom, has become tired of Chris Benoit. It's clear to all that there isn't room for two young male lions achieving adult hood, and that it may come down to the ultimate fight off to see which alpha male lion can claim the territory and control the herd. The animation on Goldberg's face was evident, the lack of respect and trust was also clear. And this represents problems. Problems that in all honesty can probably be only sorted by Chris Benoit doing what Ric Flair and Arn Anderson would think is the worst thing humanly imaginable. It's going to require Chris Benoit to take a side step, and relieve himself from the Four Horsemen, to leave Goldberg to control his savannah lion field. The problem is, the only way out for Benoit is to the New World Order. This is an untenable situation, but ultimately, perhaps the only way out. As a long time media representative for professional wrestling, from covering lucha libre traditions, to seeing the development and destruction of the territories, to being a part of a somewhat return to traditions in the early days of WCW and Monday Nitro, to the current day torment caused by the New World Order, this causes me grave concerns. The question is, is there any other way out? Logically, and sadly, the answer appears to be no. Life [I]Down the Wrestling Highway[/I] was meant to be tough, but not impossible like this.

That Tenay thing is fantastic. Really brilliant. It gives such a good insight in to the background of the story and is so well written; this alone is gonig to make me vote for you in the whole 'best out of ring segments award' or whatever it's called at the Diary of the Year awards. Truly brilliant. On a side note, I really do hope Benoit comes around. Having the Horsemen work through all this and become a dominant, cohesive unit at the top again is absolutely what I want to see, and it's down to your writing style that I'm so in to the story. Brilliant stuff. Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger v [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] [I]I reckon Daniels screwily goes over and leaves Lyget even more frustrated[/I] [B]Raven[/B] v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle [I]Still think Raven needs to keep going over as he has completely changed in my eyes since the 'Highway segment.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Disco can genuinely get over if you keep treating him well[/I] Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] [I]Non-title usually meams challengers win[/I] [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [I]I tell you what, Eddie has been brilliantly handled. It's been really subtle and under the radar, but he is getting over in my eyes. I'm really buying him as a threat, perhaps just below Jericho, Sting, Goldberg etc and it's been down without thrusting him down our throats. There's a mental image I could do without[/I] Curt Hennig v [B]Booker T[/B] [I]Booker is one of those guys that could get over at any time with the right push[/I] [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart[/B] v Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit [I]Call my crazy, but I think the Horsemen will screw up by mistake with their hatred of each other and that allows Davey to get some huge momentum for his feud with Bret[/I] Looks quality mate. Really quality.

I agree with Keef. That segment alone gets my vote aswell for that specific award. I rarely look forward to an out of ring segment as much. Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger v [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] [I]I think the Fallen Angel could do with a big win and this could be it against the former champ.[/I] [B]Raven[/B] v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle [I]Raven has the most momentum and has had more going on recently aswell.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]See last picks.[/I] Non Title Match: [B]WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) [I]Even in non title I think the Champions will win. They've had some very big wins in tag and in singles action so I think they need to keep up the momentum until the next PPV when I feel the time is right for them to lose the belts.[/I] [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [I]After losing the Television Title Eddie needs to get wins like this as he continues to climb up the roster.[/I] Curt Hennig v [B]Booker T[/B] [I]Booker has been establishing himself as more of a singles star recently and I see no reason why that would change now.[/I] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]I think any twists and turns will happen after the match.[/I]

Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger v [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] [B]Raven[/B] v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno[/B] (c) v Masahiro Chono Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell Curt Hennig v [B]Booker T[/B] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]

Quick Picks Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger v [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] [B]Raven[/B] v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle [B]WCW Television Championship: Disco Inferno[/B] (c) v Masahiro Chono Non Title Match: [B]WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero v [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] Curt Hennig v [B]Booker T[/B] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]

[QUOTE=keefmoon;759329]That Tenay thing is fantastic. Really brilliant. It gives such a good insight in to the background of the story and is so well written; this alone is gonig to make me vote for you in the whole 'best out of ring segments award' or whatever it's called at the Diary of the Year awards. Truly brilliant. [/QUOTE] Thanks mate, I appreciate that. I was in a past life a journalist, so I really enjoy bring out the positive adjectives etc to reinforce the characters and their storylines. [QUOTE=totti;759844]I agree with Keef. That segment alone gets my vote aswell for that specific award. I rarely look forward to an out of ring segment as much. [/QUOTE] I enjoy writing them as much as I enjoying writing the shows :eek: It keeps things 'real', and moving along. I intend to use it to draw emotions into the true perils of professional wrestling, the despair, the heart ache, the physical and mental difficulties, as much as I use them to drive stories along. Thanks boys for acknowledging Down the Wrestling Highway, plenty more where that comes from ;)

Guest cmdrsam
Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger v [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] Raven v [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno[/B] (c) v Masahiro Chono Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v Thrillapalooza [B](Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell Curt Hennig v [B]Booker T[/B] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v [B]Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] Not to sound like a bandwagoner but the last Tenay post was brilliant. Very well written my friend.

Is that a bandwagon I see...? Allow me a moment to officially jump on it and say that the Tenay segments are A1, tip-top, two thumbs fresh my feathered friend. [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [/B]v The Fallen Angel Thunder...thunder....thunder....THUNDER LYGER.....HOOOOOOOOOO! Now theres a thought, make Jushin and Jim Duggan a tag team! Then, bring back BattleKat and you have youself a saturday morning cartoon stable to die for! Raven v [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] He's not my olympic hero. My olympic hero is Gail Emms for reasons beyond my control, reasons that make me rumbly in my tumbly... [CENTER] [IMG]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/gem-6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Le Sigh.........Ahem, anyway, Somebody elses olympic hero Kurt Angle wins in a match that pushes both men to the limit. WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v Masahiro Chono Who says disco's dead? Not I sir, not I. Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] I think they will be Trillapa'winna's after tonight! Chortle, see what I did there? [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell Oh Buff....so misunderstood...just like Dr Pepper. Curt Hennig v [B]Booker T[/B] Not sure why. Not sure why not either. [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart[/B] v Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit Do it for Queen and Country Davey! Queen the band, of course, not the actual Queen...and Country the musical style, of course, not England. Do it For Brian May and Garth Brooks, Davey!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] As we come to you from Baltimore, Maryland, a city so used to fightin' that even America's finest Abraham Lincoln had to pass through it with care to avoid not even making his first tenure, and a city that I had the pleasure of going through and departing from a cruise of the Bahamas about 5 months ago, we open up with a grainy red soaked video package recapping the fracas within the New World Order last Monday night on Nitro. * We see [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] Jackknife Powerbomb [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B], effectively halting any hope of recruiting Guerrero to the New World Order * We see '[B]The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] take issue with this act * Nash offered the following explanation, "Now Page, I appreciate everything you've done for me, from the time you took a punt on me back in 1992 back in the Diamond Mine. I appreciate the talk you and I had, and how you came to be next door neighbours to Eric Bischoff, and you came up with this little posse we call the New World Order. I appreciate your smoking hot piece of [BEEP] wife, I appreciate the fact that there is no way I can deny you were the hardest working son of a [beep] climbing his way from the bottom to the top. TO THE TOP! But you know what, you did it by being smart. You did the right things. You knew your role, and you played within it. You took the nWo, and you cemented it as the greatest thing going today. And brother, I can't stand by and watch you team with this man, a man who broke your marriage up." * We then see [B]Scott Hall[/B], the original bad guy, and Kevin Nash's long term partner in the New World Order enter the ring, and he made the following comments. "Say hello to the bad guy! Chico, I tell you dis once. It's not this man Page, it's that Outsider there that's ripping us apart, chico. Big Kev, I've heard some things from one of my amigos, and from what I hear, I don't like it. We used to always say, you're either with us, or you're against us, but chico, right now, I just don' know. I just don' know..." * The images circle and defragment like they are inside a whirlpool as we cut away from the video scene. [CENTER]----------------------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage,[B] 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] is standing by with [B]Pamela Paulshock[/B]. "Eric Bischoff," Paulshock begins, "The weight of the world appears on your shoulders. Many wrestling pundits have said that the destruction of the New World Order is finally upon us. What are your thoughts on what happened on Monday Nitro with Kevin Nash, Diamond Dallas Page and Scott Hall?" Bischoff begins laughing, and shaking his head. "You think THAT's a problem?" Bischoff carries on as he laughs. "You really think I haven't got this under control? Look who you're talking to, toots. You're talking to Eric Bischoff, the man who made this promotion the greatest promotion in the world. The man who fooled everyone... EVERYONE... you see, I was with Kev, Scott, and little did you know, Dallas Page himself, right from the start. People have questioned me, and they have questioned the New World Order at various stages. So what do I do? Hulk Hogan comes back, WCW thinks that he is going to get rid of us. I make Hogan into the biggest selling superstar ever in our sport by making him a part of MY corporation. Curt Hennig arrives in WCW, what do I do? I place him in the Four Horsemen, and then have him smash Ric Flair's skull with a steel cage door, and bring him rightfully to the New World Order. Hell, I even had 'Ravishing' Rick Rude reporting in for the New World Order LIVE while appearing TAPED on that fallacy from up north! God, I love this job, because I am THAT DAMN GOOD! And you think THIS is a problem?" "So you don't believe there are any issues between Hall and Nash, the Outsiders?" "Every family has friction, Pamela. EVERY family! I'm sure George Jetson even got sick and tired of Jane every once and a while. But I have the world of professional wrestling in the palm of my hand, as I control the most powerful corporate power in this sport, the New World Order. And I can assure you, that while you see dissent, I see greed. And I see greed in a good way, each of those superstars wants a piece of the pie, and the biggest slice will come this December, when we destroy the Four Horsemen... for once and for all. The issues aren't with us Pamela, keep watching toots, you'll see what I mean." Bischoff flashes the million dollar smile, and walks off, leaving Pamela typically confused. [CENTER]--------------------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, two men masked in Alex Trebek and Jay Leno goofy masks, walk the halls. Just who is it? Find out the answer to this, and more of your pressing concerns.... Now. It's [B]Billy Kidman[/B] and [B]Jerry Lynn[/B]. And the answer to your other pressing question, yes, Willy, from Free Willy, was a real whale, not some robotic auto-tron or CGI generation. I'm glad I resolved that conundrum for you. How did they get him to do what they did? Well's that a whole another question with a whole different answer. Which I will answer for you now also. One school of thought suggests giving him squid as a reward, another school of thought suggests that he was a very smart whale with a Harvard Degree in Physiology, another school of thought suggests he merely was rolling away from Michael Jackson who sang a song for the movie because even whales know about '[I]that[/I]', and of course the other thought was there was a significant amount of animal brutality including subjecting Willy to watching Godfather 1 where the horses head is in the bed and they told him that would be him if he didn't make the Godfather director of this movie very happy. Either way, Willy is described as a very cooperative whale, served raw in Tokyo. I can officially dismiss the rumour that I may have or may not have perpetuated at one point or another that Michael Moore WAS NOT the stunt double for Willy. That was actually Sally Struthers. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Christopher_Daniels28.jpg[/IMG] Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger v The Fallen Angel[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] As Jushin Lyger came to the ring, a quick video recap of Monday Nitro showed how the Fallen Angel was a principal contributor to Lyger controversially losing his WCW Cruiserweight Championship to the Ultimo Dragon. Lyger charged at the Fallen Angel, immediately taking it to him. You could sense the extra snap in Lyger's attitude, given the clear and repugnant frustration curdling through his blood. The Fallen Angel fought back by pulling at the strings on Lyger's mask, before sliding out of the ring to recuperate. Fallen Angel indicated he may be headed to the back, but Lyger chased him as the crowd booed. Fallen Angel rolled back into the ring, establishing a strong position, and cutting Lyger off as he tried to re-enter. He knocked Lyger down to the floor, and then hit a stunning running baseball slide to knock Lyger into the steel guardrail. Back Fallen Angel went... CORKSCREW PLANCHA! The Fallen Angel rolled Lyger back in after finally getting back up, and then dropped him with a stomach breaker. Lyger though would not give up, and he tried an inside cradle, but The Fallen Angel rolled through, grabbed Lyger's tights with his boots on the second rope and grabbed a controversial pin fall! Lyger could not believe it and slammed his hands into the mat in exasperation at the method the Fallen Angel had used to grab the win. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, The Fallen Angel[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the break, Also Sparch Zarathrusta hits, and [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B], in a red sequined robe, begins his walk towards the ring. As he gets to the bottom of the ramp, he stands with his arms out wide, and turns slowly, and at the end the pyros burst out around him. As he struts to the ring, he is joined by [B]Bill Goldberg[/B], [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B], and trailing behind them, the WCW United States Champion, [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]. Once in the ring, Flair holds up the four fingers to the crowd, and then struts some more, before slicking back his hair, and lifting the microphone to address the audience. "Did somebody tell me that.. WOOOOOOOO the Four Horsemen would be having a party in BALTIMORE MARYLAAAAAND! Is it true? You're damn right it is, diamonds are forever, and this Four Horsemen party is going to last forever. Now Bill Goldberg, pal, I believe you are one of the two greatest rising superstars not JUST in professional wrestling, but in professional sports. You have taken every comer and destroyed them, methodically, one by one. You're a hell of a talent, and one hell of a man. These past few weeks have been extremely difficult for ya, I can see it, the whole world can see it, you can see it, Chris Benoit can see it. But BAH GAWD, brother, when all's said and done, the Four Horsemen will always survive any issues, no matter what. NO MATTER WHAT! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Just then, [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] begins walking down the aisle. He has the big arrogant cheesy smile on his face. 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair's face goes beetroot red, as he stressed out as Bischoff stands in the middle of the aisle to address the Four Horsemen. "Is that so, Ric? Is that so? You see, as I see it... PAL! Come World War III, you're going to be history, and your loyal friend here, Mr Benoit will be a member of the New World Order." Benoit puts his eyes to the ground, as the Horsemen turn to look at him. He appears very anxious about the whole situation. "Oh come on, Chris," Bischoff continues. "You can tell them now, man. It's no secret. Every man wants the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, there's no bigger prize in professional sports. It comes with millions of dollars in endorsement deals, shots at Hollywood, you ride with the A-List. It's everything a kid from Alberta, Canada, could ever want. Hell, you'd be so well known up there, you could run for Prime Minister and win like that. And you, my friend, the next member of the New World Order, have an instant shot at it." "You shut up!" Flair retorts. "You shut the hell up! You're a low life piece of trash, and I hate your guts, pal. I really do. I hate your guts so much that I smile every night I've got to get my broken back thrown across this ring, knowing the second I win at World War III, I get my chance to get my hands around your neck. You, I hate you, I hate you with all my heart. What do you think you're doing? Kill the Horsemen? You want to kill the Horsemen again? Ya can't! Ya can't!" "Can't I?" Bischoff smuggly says. Goldberg snatches the microphone from Bischoff, and turns to face Benoit. "Is it true?" Goldberg asks. Benoit doesn't answer. "Come on, is it?" He still doesn't answer, still looking at the mat, so Goldberg slaps him across the cheek. Malenko and Flair immediately pull back on Goldberg, but Benoit remains unresponsive. "You piece of [beep]," Goldberg continues. "If you cost me tonight in our tag match against Davey Boy and the Anvil, I'll make you NEXT quicker than you can fit a truck between the gaps in your teeth! You understand?" Goldberg doesn't get a response again from Benoit, so he slaps him again. This time Benoit puts his hand to his cheek, but still looks down at the mat. Without any response, Benoit merely moves to the ropes, separates the ropes and climbs out of the ring. Goldberg looks incensed as Benoit casually makes his way to the back. Bischoff has a massive cheesy smile on his face, as the cameras follow Chris Benoit. Through the gorilla position he goes, past the production crew, past children of some of the wrestlers, ignoring autograph hunters. Finally he reacts, picking up a water dispenser, and throwing it to the ground, and screaming. The Horsemen for their part are leaving the ring, Flair and Malenko are holding back Goldberg, as Bischoff smuggly smiles and waves at Flair as he passes by. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven22.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/backgroundANGLE.jpg[/IMG] Raven v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A fantastic back and forth match with numerous near falls. Some top brawling up and down the aisle as is Raven's wont, but Kurt Angle fought back in this pose too. Angle had the advantage on the mat, and had many different submission attempts, which Raven managed to counter but such was Angle's proficiency that he kept rolling through and finding another submission hold. The crowd started getting behind Raven though who battled out of a long and terse mat wrestling session, battling to a wide vertical base and elbowing his way out. Raven went into the ropes and came back, Angle leap frogged him, back came Raven, flying shoulder block. Angle was hit hard and fell to the outside. This time Raven was able to dominate outside, and used the steel steps, and steel guardrail to wear down Angle. Raven took Angle back into the ring, and had a punch fight in the middle of the ring, but the tiring Angle couldn't keep up with Raven. Angle tried to put Raven in the corner, but when Angle charged in Raven was playing possum, and Raven was able to launch a ten count of punches to the head of Angle. Angle stumbled forward, Raven followed him.. Evenflow DDT. Goodnight nurse. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Raven[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, in the lavish nWo dressing room, [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] confronts [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B], who is on a cell phone. "Yeah, last night was freaky... Oh it was... Yeah, we'll do it again, look... I've got to go," he says as he closes the cell phone. "What the hell do you want?" "What do I want?" Page responds with a terse look on his face. "You know what I want..." "You wanted to bring in someone who wanted to slip it your wife. Do you think Fred Flinstone would invite Mr Slate back to Barney's place for a beer if he was trying to slip it to Wilma? Do you think Yogi would keep inviting Boo Boo if he tried to steal his pic-a-nic baskets? Think about it for one second. You are the hardest working wrestler in this business, you started with nothing, now you have everything. You know it can all change in a flash. And yet you want to take the risk of bringing in that man, who wants to hit the high notes with your Playboy wife? I mean... Disco Inferno is one thing, but you didn't invite him back... Think about it." Nash walks off, leaving Page to mull over Nash's logic. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Disco_Inferno4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/MasahiroChono.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship Disco Inferno (c) v Masahiro Chono[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Disco nearly got sprung three times by Chono's devastating Kenka Kick, but on each occasion, Inferno, who is now a strong concentrator, was able to defy Chono. As the crowd got behind Disco, he began to take control of the match, and despite a desperate last attempt at a Kenka Kick from Chono, Disco was able to duck, spin around and hit the Chartbuster for a fine win. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Disco Inferno[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] After the match, a video plays highlighting the WCW career of [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] * We hear from Bret Hart himself who describes how he was screwed at Survivor Series, and how he set out to stop people from being screwed over by manipulative corporations * We see him going after the [B]Outsiders[/B], Hall and Nash, which ultimately led to the tag match with [B]Sting[/B] * We see the break down in the relationship between Sting and Hart, and highlights from their subsequent matches * We see Hart getting so close to defeating [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship * And how this drove [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith[/B] to disown Hart given that its his belief that Hart's failure cost the family * We hear Bret Hart's comments from Nitro where he claimed Davey Boy was wrong to live off his coat tails as he had simply failed to live up to his own potential [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rey_Mysterio28.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chavo_Guerrero12.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG] Non Title Match WCW Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v Thrillapalooza (Alex Trebek AKA Billy Kidman and Jay Leno AKA Jerry Lynn)[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] As is Thrillapalooza's wont to do (wont is my word for the day), they... well... thrilled. Lots of high flying scintillating action, as these two teams teared down the house in one of the show stoppin matches of the year on Thunder. There was no rest, this was pure high octane action as four of the best fliers in the world battled it out. But a match this good can't last that long without a sick bump, and it came when Chavo found himself caught against the guardail outside, with Rey trying to help him. Kidman headed to the top rope, and flew to the outside incorporating a corkscrew twist into his flying body splash on the two Champions. All men were dazed, leaving Jerry Lynn to grab Chavo, pull him back in, and set him up for the Cradle Piledriver for the upset win. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Thrillapalooza[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the break, [B]Pamela Paulshock[/B] backstage has with her the solitary warrior, [B]Sting[/B]. The white face painted hero of WCW stands aloof next to her, as Pamela begins the interview. "Sting, in the last week or so, 'Macho Man' Randy Savage has taken a keen interest in publically humiliating you, including being part of a heinous two on one attack with WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho on yourself. What do you think has driven this on?" Sting looks at her, but does not comment. Until finally, as she lifts the microphone to her mouth, he starts slapping on his chest like a wildman. [I]WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!![/I] he erupts. "Surprise! Surprise! You think I'd miss responding to you, Randy? You know Pamela, professional wrestling is full of characters who make no damn sense. You have Bret Hart, a guy who claims to be fighting for family values, yet he turns the knife into me through the green eyed monster of envy. Then you have Randy Savage, a man who no more than two months ago wanted to end the New World Order due to his acrimonious departure. And now, with the raising horns of the green eyed monster they call envy, he sees he's not number one, and he goes after the man that is. That man is the Stinger. For over a year, I sat in the rafters, stalking the cancers of this business. I made my intentions clear despite all the doubters, and what I got from that was a good bill of health. My conscience was clean, I had pride in my work, and still to this day, nothing has changed except the names. The political sycophants of this business still remain, and so does the Stinger." "So you believe jealousy is the cause of the issues with you and Randy Savage?" "As far as I can see Pamela, as far as I can see. Nothing else makes sense. But you know what, nothing else matters! It's always been envy Pam, ever seen Lex and Randy couldn't trust me! They couldn't trust the Stinger, and why? Because they didn't want to believe in the power of the Stinger. They wanted the road cleared and when all is said and done they nearly got their way. Nearly got their way. Macho Man, if it's a collision course you want to be on, then I've got news for you Savage. You think I'm going to say no to you? You think I'm going to back down? I'm not running brother, I'm still here, I'm still the Stinger, and I still love a challenge. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It excites me! It drives me! You think you're just a little crazy Randy, I've got news for ya Savage, the Stinger is ready. Ready for anything you've got. All those Stinger's out there... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" [I]WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/I] the crowd erupts. "Savage, I'll either walk out of facing you as a loser or as a madness destroyer And brother, I feel... like...a MADNESS DESTROYER!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Savage, you better get ready pal, because sooner or later, you'll fall prey to the Stinger, and all the millions of Stinger's around the world, and it will be... SHOWTIME FOLKS!" [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Buff_Bagwell2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Eddie_Guerrero8.jpg[/IMG] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Not the best match of the evening, the class clown Bagwell certainly knows how to let his opponent down. Thankfully, the result went the right way in terms of work ethic as Guerrero quickly ended it with the Flying Frogsplash. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Backstage, we see an intense brawl breaking out between [B]Sting[/B], [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] and the WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B]. The three men are duking it out, lefts and rights, until Jericho is dropped to the ground. He clutches at his cheek, as Sting stands proud over the top of him, not realising that the crazed one Savage has left the immediate scene to grab a steel chair... SMASH! Savage pummels it over the head of Sting. Jericho does a fireman's roll, as Savage tries to stamp the chair into him, everytime Jericho rolls and narrowly gets away. Just as the Champion gets cornered, [B]Doug Dillenger[/B] and the [B]Fun Police[/B] arrive on the scene to try and apprehend Mr Chair. Dillenger uses this line, rephrased from Happy Gilmore. "Randy, the chair wants to go to someone's bottom. That's it natural home. It's where it belongs. Why don't you tap it, and send it home. Just tap-tap-tap it..." Okay, well he didn't really, Doug just walked in like a very large Sexual Harrassment Panda without the suit as his chronies took the chair. Meanwhile, Savage is held back from Jericho who looks highly anxious and frightened by Savage's madness, while Sting twitches on the ground courtesy of the chair shot. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/CurtHennig7.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Booker_T13.jpg[/IMG] Curt Hennig v Booker T[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] We recalled that recently Booker T grabbed a major victory in his career when he defeated Curt Hennig here in WCW. And you could see tonight that Curt Hennig was prepared to take whatever measures necessary to ensure that didn't happen again. So many near falls for Booker, as Curt Hennig continued to allude him, yet it highlighted the rising talent of Booker. The ending though was one that the crowd did not enjoy, as [B]'Ravishing' Rick Rude[/B] got on the apron and smashed a steel briefcase over the head of Booker. Hennig put his right boot on Booker's chest, as Rude innocently pleaded with Mickey Jay. Reluctantly, as Hennig put his boot on his opponent, with his arms held high, Mickey Jay made the count. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Curt Hennig[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the break, as 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart waited in the ring, with Neidhart stroking his goattee and smiling like the Manson Family trio of girls on court day, the familiar thumping music of Bill Goldberg begins. We go to the back locker room area, where we see him head butt the blue steel door, leaving a blood mark on his forehead. Doug Dillenger and the Fun Police flank Goldberg as he begins to move out of the dressing room and around the long hallways. They go past production crew, past Alex Trebek and Jay Leno, I mean Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn, to the Gorilla Position, through the curtain to a massive eruption of.. [I]HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN![/I] [I]HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN![/I] [I]HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN![/I] [I]HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN![/I] [I]HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN![/I] What? I pressed the wrong button and piped in the wrong chant? Sorry, it's... [I]GOLDBERG![/I] [I]GOLDBERG![/I] [I]GOLDBERG![/I] [I]GOLDBERG![/I] [I]GOLDBERG![/I] [I]GOLDBERG![/I] The pyros burst out around him, as he continued to move towards the ring. Walking from the back, several feet behind him was 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit, the WCW United States Champion, and the two men converged on the ring from different angles, it seems without even looking at one another. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chris_Benoit22.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Davey_Boy_Smith5-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jim_Neidhart2.jpg[/IMG] Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] The situation was very easy to note here, Benoit and Goldberg were simply unable to work together, and this presented a massive opportunity for Davey Boy and Jim Neidhart to catapult themselves into the WCW limelight. And it was only the individual tenacity and skill set of both the Four Horsemen that stopped it going any further. After 8 minutes of meek resistance, [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] walked the aisle to take a seat at commentary. This seemed to distract Davey Boy, and reluctantly, sensing they were capable of ending it quickly, Goldberg and Benoit began working together. When this happened, Smith and Neidhart had no chance whatsoever. They lost all control, however, as Goldberg went to snap a standing side kick to the head of Neidhart, Neidhart ducked and the kick collected Benoit. Nevermind, Goldberg threw Neidhart into the ropes... SPEAR! In comes Davey Boy... SPEAR! Time for the Jackhammer on Neidhart, BANG! There it is... [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Bill Goldberg and Chris Benoit[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] After the match, as [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] held his arm aloft, [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit [/B]got up clutching at his jaw. He turned Goldberg around and went for a straight right to the head with a closed fist, but Goldberg ducked, and then irish whipped him into the ropes. Goldberg got into spear position, but Benoit had sensed the danger, had grabbed the ropes to stop his momentum and then slid out of the ring. Still traumatised by the stiff kick to the head, Benoit dropped to the mat outside, and almost laid their dazed. Wait a second? Hang on just a minute!! Is ... Is his hand right just limp in that position? Or is it in the nWo signal? Is this a sign? Is it relevant? Or is it sheer body fatigue? Could Chris Benoit be about to shock the wrestling world? As Goldberg slid out of the ring to go and attack Benoit once more, [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] and [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] quickly raced down to ringside. By the time they got there, Benoit's hand pose had changed. The nWo grip was gone. Goldberg tried to point out to Flair what Benoit was doing, but Flair and Malenko kept restraining the undefeated goliath. Meanwhile, at the top of the ramp, as we faded out, [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff [/B]stood, laughing, holding an nWo shirt with Chris Benoit's name on the back of it... Could this be the beginning of the end?

[QUOTE=BoomKing;761210]Is that a bandwagon I see...? Allow me a moment to officially jump on it and say that the Tenay segments are A1, tip-top, two thumbs fresh my feathered friend. [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [/B]v The Fallen Angel Thunder...thunder....thunder....THUNDER LYGER.....HOOOOOOOOOO! Now theres a thought, make Jushin and Jim Duggan a tag team! Then, bring back BattleKat and you have youself a saturday morning cartoon stable to die for! Raven v [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] He's not my olympic hero. My olympic hero is Gail Emms for reasons beyond my control, reasons that make me rumbly in my tumbly... [CENTER] [IMG]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg267/Chrisox/gem-6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Le Sigh.........Ahem, anyway, Somebody elses olympic hero Kurt Angle wins in a match that pushes both men to the limit. WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v Masahiro Chono Who says disco's dead? Not I sir, not I. Non Title Match: WCW World Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] I think they will be Trillapa'winna's after tonight! Chortle, see what I did there? [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell Oh Buff....so misunderstood...just like Dr Pepper. Curt Hennig v [B]Booker T[/B] Not sure why. Not sure why not either. [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart[/B] v Bill Goldberg and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit Do it for Queen and Country Davey! Queen the band, of course, not the actual Queen...and Country the musical style, of course, not England. Do it For Brian May and Garth Brooks, Davey![/QUOTE] [QUOTE=The Celt;761274]This lurker also rates that down the Highway one of the best written things in a diary ever.[/QUOTE] Thanks lads, much appreciated. I always enjoy comments, constructive criticisms and the like on the diary. It helps hone my skills. I'm glad you are enjoying Down the Wrestling Highway, particularly as I take this towards its apex, its climax if you will, I think it will serve a pivotal role in describing the political and emotional landscape within WCW. [CENTER][img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/img][/CENTER] [U]Quick Picks[/U] West Hollywood Blonds (Lenny Lane and Lodi) v Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon) nWo Japan (Yuji Nagata, Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta) v Pipeline Feva ('Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux) and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v Wrath Sting v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle WCW Television Championship: Disco Inferno (c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v 'Lord' Steven Regal v 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz v Lance Storm 'Total Package' Lex Luger v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Scott Steiner WCW World Tag Team Championships Number One Contenders Match: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) v The Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero and Raven v The Outsiders 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page

West Hollywood Blonds (Lenny Lane and Lodi) v [B]Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon)[/B] [B]nWo Japan (Yuji Nagata, Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta[/B]) v Pipeline Feva ('Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux) and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] v Wrath [B]Sting[/B] v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno[/B] (c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] v Lance Storm 'Total Package' Lex Luger v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Scott Steiner WCW World Tag Team Championships Number One Contenders Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] v The Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero and Raven[/B] v The Outsiders 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B]

I will pay you any amount of E-Money you want if you somehow work Sean Connery into this Alex Trebek and Jay Leno thing haha Oh, and I almost spat Cider all over my laptop with the Duggan/Goldberg piped music punchline went off in my head. Oh, and by the way if you're looking for serious, serious feedback I'll give it to you tomorrow. With honest praise and criticisms and all.

West Hollywood Blonds (Lenny Lane and Lodi) v [B]Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon)[/B] [I]They have the current champ and the former champ on the same team.[/I] [B]nWo Japan (Yuji Nagata, Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta)[/B] v Pipeline Feva ('Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux) and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka [I]nWo Japan have been invovled more and need to keep strongish.[/I] [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] v Wrath [I]Bagwell could use a good win here.[/I] [B]Sting[/B] v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle [I]I hate seeing Angle lose. :([/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Disco Inferno (c)[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] v Lance Storm [I]I think the winner of this match will go on to have a good impact in the run in to Starrcade and I want that man to be Taz.[/I] 'Total Package' Lex Luger v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Scott Steiner [I]I think Bret needs the rub with the whole family feud storyline going on.[/I] WCW World Tag Team Championships Number One Contenders Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] v The Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) [I]They beat the tag champs last week so it seems logical that they get another shot, but this time for the straps.[/I] [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero and Raven[/B] v The Outsiders [I]Tension in the nWo as Eddie and Raven get a huge win.[/I] 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]Maybe we find out the identity of Flair's opponent as he costs Naitch the match.[/I] Loving EVERYTHING your doing at the moment man. Both Goldberg and Benoit are being built up as genuine Champions and I can sense a huge opponent to face Flair. The suspense is killing me, I just want to know who it is.

Archived