New Mod from T-Zone (1993)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=DaMegaFish;493106]They look nice CW and capture the feel, but im worried that Ill wind up hating the 1993 part when 1994 rolls around ;)[/QUOTE] A fair point. Although the title of the mod, as far as I am aware, will have '1993' written in it, so the pictures will perhaps be reflecting the name of the mod.

[QUOTE=DaMegaFish;493119]Seeing as TEW 07's 93 Mod was the only one I played for 07, I really have high hopes for this. Along those notes, maybe a more clever title could be thought up?[/QUOTE] Yes, something relating to the events of that year would be a good title. YEAR OF THE DOINK! or THE YOKOZUNA AND GIANT GONZALES SCHOOL OF WRESTLING. hmm.. maybe not. What major events happened in 93?

Lets see, 1993's major events would include RAW launching in Jan, Flair returning to WCW and begining the Flair for the Gold, and Bischoff takes control of WCW. So, something along the lines of The War Begins or Calm Before The Storm (as in 1996 and the Monday Night Wars is the storm) or The New Era Those would be my suggestions.

Hogan left the WWF in 1993 didn't he? and it is the year that Bret Hart really began to feature in the main event after winning the Rumble and facing Yokozuna at Mania. Also 1993 was the year that Paul Heyman took over from Eddie Gilbert as the head booker of ECW. The Cartoon Era Hart Attack! The Road To War Some possibilities. It wasn't a great year '93, but it's certainly a potential turning point and a strong time which to base a mod on with the WCW/WWF rivalry beginning to heat up.

[QUOTE=RobTaylor;493372]Road to War is ok... butI guess it depends when the mod is going to start... If it's Jan you can decide to keep Hogan, Flair and Savage if you are WWF and the Wars might never have happened... My suggestion... "RAW and Peace..."[/QUOTE] You may not be able to keep them because at that point didn't they have a dislike of Vince? Which may make resigning them difficult.

Ooh I like that little double meaning. Id say Road To War should be it though, this year is where the foundation started, with RAW starting a new live Mondays show concept for wrestling (Even though they later switched to taping it...) and Eric taking control of WCW and turning them into a viable contender to go toe to toe with WWF, this is really in my mind where wheels started turning and the collision course was set.

The final active promotion is complete, USWA...now on to the free agents (note to B-Unit can you pm me your email as i lost it, once i get a couple high profile free agents in you can start the title histories) United States Wrestling Association (USWA) Austin Idol Bert Prentice Billy Jack Haynes Brian Christopher Bryan Clark C.W. Bergstrom (As Principal Bergstrom) Candi Devine Charles Wright (As Papa Shango) Corey Macklin Danny Davis. Don Bruise Doug Gilbert Eddie Gilbert Frank Morrell Glenn Gilberti Jacqueline Moore (As Miss Texas) Jamie Dundee (As J.C. Ice) Jeff Jarrett Jerry Calhoun Jerry Jarrett Jerry Lawler John Kronus Junkyard Dog Kamala Kimberly Anthony (As Dirty White Girl) Koko B. Ware Lance Russell Luna Vachon Michael St. John Moondog Rex Moondog Spot New Jack Paul Diamond Perry Saturn Rex King Ron Bruise Scott Bowden Scott Taylor Steve Doll Terry Funk Tommy Rich Toni Adams Tony Anthony (As Dirty White Boy) Vampire Warrior Wolfie D. As of this time 635 workers are in the data.

Just a few notes from starting a test game, obviously a lot of free agents to add etc so it might not be truly reflective but it is quite accurate. Obviously the mod starts 1993 January, on the Power 100 for 1992 the top ten is (based on in ring performance) 1. Bret Hart 2. Shawn Michaels 3. Jushin Lyger 4. Owen Hart 5. Keiji Mutoh 6. Ric Flair 7. Mascara Sagrada 8. Ted DiBiase 9. Curt Hennig 10. Masahiro Chono Starting as WWF the creative meeting gave the following [B]Franchise Players[/B] Bret Hart Shawn Michaels Ric Flair Hulk Hogan Ted DiBiase [B] Next Big Things [/B] Owen Hart [B]Hot Prospects[/B] Owen Hart PJ Walker Fatu Brian Knobbs :s Samu [B]Talk the Talk[/B] Hulk Hogan Ric Flair Randy Savage Bret Hart Ted DiBiase [B]Show Stoppers[/B] Shawn Michaels Owen Hart Bret Hart Ric Flair Randy Savage [B]Ring Generals[/B] Bret Hart Shawn Michaels Owen Hart Ted DiBiase Ric Flair [B]Who's Hot[/B] Bret Hart Yokozuna Shawn Michaels Hulk Hogan Mr. Perfect [B]Who's Not[/B] Jim Powers The Berzerker Blake Beverly Beau Beverly Bob Backlund [B]Time Decline[/B] Kamala (10 years) Bob Backlund (10) Skinner (9) Jim Duggan (9) Ric Flair (8) [B]Hidden Gems[/B] Chris Candido Akira Hokuto Gedo Chris Jericho SATO Now to do exactly the same thing with WCW [B]Franchise Players[/B] Sting Rick Rude Ricky Steamboat Big Van Vader Johnny B. Badd [B] Next Big Things [/B] Shane Douglas [B]Hot Prospects[/B] Masahiro Chono Scotty Flamingo Robbie V Shane Douglas 2 Cold Scorpio [B]Talk the Talk[/B] Jesse Ventura Sting Rick Rude Scotty Flamingo Masahiro Chono [B]Show Stoppers[/B] Sting The Great Muta Masahiro Chono Brian Pillman Scotty Flamingo [B]Ring Generals[/B] The Great Muta Steven Regal Scotty Flamingo Rick Rude Sting [B]Who's Hot[/B] Big Van Vader Sting Barry Windham Rick Rude Ron Simmons [B]Who's Not[/B] Bill Irwin Robbie V The Z-Man Brad Armstrong Van Hammer [B]Time Decline[/B] Paul Orndorff (5 years) Sting (few years) Ricky Steamboat (early days) Vinnie Vegas (occasional sign) Bill Irwin (occasional sign) [B]Hidden Gems[/B] Booker T Hiroyoshi Yamamoto Yuji Nagata Glen Jacobs Brian Christopher Just thought that might give a little insight

[QUOTE=forlan;495356]Just a few notes from starting a test game, obviously a lot of free agents to add etc so it might not be truly reflective but it is quite accurate. Obviously the mod starts 1993 January, on the Power 100 for 1992 the top ten is (based on in ring performance) 1. Bret Hart 2. Shawn Michaels 3. Jushin Lyger 4. Owen Hart 5. Keiji Mutoh 6. Ric Flair 7. Mascara Sagrada 8. Ted DiBiase 9. Curt Hennig 10. Masahiro Chono[/QUOTE] If that's based solely of in-ring performance, there are a ton of problems with that list. Chono, Hennig, and Owen (1993 Owen anyways) being in a top ten, much less as high as Owen is, to name the main problem.

Plus im pretty sure Adam has said numerous times the in game top 100 is based on various factors and since nothing has happened yet and it is off the previous year etc....plus Chono was the NWA World Champion at the time in WCW so maybe that helped propell him up the rankings. Plus loading up another game the top ten has changed slightly so it must be subjective as loading up a second tester the top ten is Bret Hart Jushin Lyger Shawn Michaels Keiji Mutoh Owen Hart Ric Flair Misterioso Mascara Sagrada Ted DiBiase Randy Savage Hennig comes out 13th with Chono at 15th so it obviously takes random factors into account and such.

Archived