[HYPE] War Of The Immortals - A Mod by Tommy

Hey - I'm a longtime lurker on these boards, but I just had to pop on here to comment on how great this mod looks. '08 was actually the first TEW I purchased since '05 and what's really gotten me hooked on it is the converted version of The Fall I've been playing with my roommate. The attention to detail, brilliant set-up, and distinct feel pretty much puts it ahead of any TEW experience I've had and, by the looks of things, War of the Immortals is shaping up to be even better. So thanks for all your hard work Tommy. I'm loving the previews and can't wait to give this one a play. ps Where's Bruiser Brody?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And a few states West... [SIZE="3"][B]Promotional Spotlight #11 - West Coast Pro Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/5200/wcpwgh1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE] The 'Powerhouse of the West Coast', WCPW is one of the largest promotions in North America, and boasts an impressive roster of stars. Names such as Superstar Billy Graham, John Cena, Rob Van Dam and Rick Rude draw fans to WCPW's home base of the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena. The promotion also boasts one of the top Cruiserweight divisions in the United States.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Immortals [/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/7114/billygrahamxr2.jpg[/IMG][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/9127/johncena2xn0.jpg[/img][/CENTER] [B]John Cena[/B] - Rapper, movie star and wannabe marine John Cena is the most popular WCPW star and the man who sums up the company's flashy, edgy, modern image. [B]Shane McMahon[/B] - Shane O'Mac wasn't content to stay under his father's wings, instead branching out to form and run WCPW, guiding it to Top 4 status. [B]'Superstar' Billy Graham[/B] - The wrestler ahead of his time fits right at home in WCPW, and is currently embroiled in a heel v heel feud with the very similar 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner. [B]Rob Van Dam[/B] - Rivals John Cena for the #1 spot in the company, and provides hundreds of spots for the WCPW highlight reels. Currently exclusive to WCPW, but the East Coast is calling... [B]Rick Rude[/B] -- Rude shunned his home-state promotion of Pro Wrestling Minnesota in favour of the glitz and glamour of Hollywood's WCPW, and was rewarded with a handsome push. [B]Rey Mysterio Jr.[/B] - Not a WCPW exclusive, but ultra popular in the South-West. [B]Freddie Blassie[/B] - Some may remember Blassie as a gifted worker, but in WCPW he is in career-best form as a manager. 'The Fashion Plate Of Wrestling' draws venomous heat from the WCPW fans, and enjoys every second. [B]Ray Stevens[/B] - 'The Blonde Bomber' is a top singles star, and one of the most influential workers in the industry. [B]Ernie Ladd[/B] - The sport superstar is one of WCPW's biggest attractions, and 'Big Cat' is a bona fide threat to the WCPW World Title.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Rest[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] Brutus Beefcake, Chavo Guerrero Sr, Cryme Tyme, Rikishi, Sylvester Terkay, Super Crazy, Steve Corino, Frankie Kazarian, Goldust, Billy Kidman, Rosey, Christopher Daniels, Chris Masters, Juvi and Psicosis Torrie Wilson, Maria and [B]Blitzkrieg!![/B].[/QUOTE]

First of all this mod looks wicked I usually only play real world mods that have todays promotions in but I will change my mind to play this. One thing I was wondering if there is any MMA crossovers except Ken Shamrock and if Dan Severn was in it? The wait for this is killing me lol.

[QUOTE]Off the top of my head, Shamrock, Severn and Abbott are in. If there are any other MMA cross-overs that you think deserve to be there (ones who have made a decent wrestling contribution), let me know. [/QUOTE] I am just glad that Severn is in it although Josh Barnett would be good I just wish more guys had crossed over but there is not that many that have done well really.

will Louisiana get a promotion? Since we held many of the big midsouth/uwf shows and jCP shows in new orleans? :) give us a mix of a siff style and somewhat mainstream style. put hacksaw in the company and kamala if not anywhere else yet :) kamal would fit in either tx, LA or TN

So, while we're out West, we might as well have a layover in beautiful Hawaii. You'll note that Sam Steamboat has a different format profile pic (I call it 'The WOTI Pic'), which I've used for those (mainly older) workers who don't have a decent resolution or size picture for a regular Crychon cut. [SIZE="3"][B]Promotional Spotlight #12 - Polynesian Power Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4031/ppwbh6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE] Owned by High Chief Peter Maivia, PPW is the most popular promotion in Hawaii. Without any real aspirations to broaden its horizons, PPW keeps thousands of fans happy with a roster of native sons, national talents and international stars.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Immortals [/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8991/petermaiviawp2.jpg[/IMG][img]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4395/samsteamboatxc7.jpg[/img][/CENTER] [B]Peter Maivia[/B] - The head of the famous Samoan wrestling family, 'High Chief' Peter Maivia is a hero in his native Hawaii and the star of his own promotion. [B]Sam Steamboat[/B] - Lou Thesz' most respected protege, the straight-laced Sam Steamboat was one of Hawaii's first superstars, and a natural fit in PPW. [B]Rikishi[/B] - Rikishi works for WCPW, but thanks to a talent sharing agreement between the two promotions, also performs for PPW as one of their top babyfaces. [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] - PPW keeps its main event scene fresh by flying in names like Bockwinkel for short runs (that typically end in a loss to either Maivia or Steamboat). [B]Don Muraco[/B] -- The 'Magnificent' Don Muraco was born in Hawaii, and seems tailor made for a feud with Maivia's grandson The Rock. If only he could convince The Great One to sign... [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] - Japanese wrestlers such as Chono and Taka Michinoku are frequent guest stars in PPW, providing a unique source of talent for those workers who don't want to fly too far from their homeland. [B]Curtis Iaukea[/B] - 'King' Curtis' bloody brawls keep many of PPW's more dedicated fans happy, and he provides a reliable, experienced opponent for the younger stars. [B]Haku[/B] - The Tongan native works as a babyface in PPW, and his matches with the 'foreign' invaders like Chono sell plenty of tickets. [B]Rocky Johnson[/B] - If your father-in-law tells you to work in his promotion, you don't say no.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Rest[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] Crush, Alan Funk, Rosey, Sonny Onoo, Nathan Jones, Mike Barton, Prince Iaukea, El Dandy, The Missing Link, David Schultz, Kaz Hayashi, Kid Romeo, Ray Stevens, Mark Canterbury and [B]Glacier!![/B].[/QUOTE]

Hawaii :)Wow ya did it now i can die in peace:D Cnt wait to play this game now,but hey you for got the great white whale king ripper collins a nother heel legend in hawaii.And also ed francis and his sons russ(yes the football player) and bill francis the von erics of hawaii in the 70s. Oh and on a side note around how many wrestlers are you going to have per permotion?. OH and here are a few more wrestlers who used to wrestle in hawaii in the 70s who were pretty big here. Steve Strong,so called cousin to the great Jessi the body Ventura who also wrestled here. John Tolos former AWA northamerican champ intill losing his belt here in hawaii to Sammy Steamboat Chief billy WhiteWolf Tor Kamaka a nother grweat brawler on the lines of king curtis Just thought i would throw those names out at ya;) great job your doing this is going to be the must play mod of 08 and beyond One last thing after this mod comes out do you have any plans of maybe updating it later with even more wrestlers that say were not included in this group:D

[QUOTE=Rocksta;468604]Josh Barnett would make sense as far as MMA crossovers go, same with Kazuyuki Fujita.[/QUOTE] Fujita is the much more important of the two. Far more talented in my view, Barnetts biggest career moment is like having a intraweb argument with Scott Nortons wife. lol She's faaaar tougher by the way. Saying that though I do dig Barnett in the ring.

Poor old Tri-State Wrestling got forgotten. Consider it the angrier, hairier brother of Big Apple Wrestling. Also, the brothers are in a promotional war. This analogy isn't working any more. [SIZE="3"][B]Promotional Spotlight #13 - Tri-State Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1795/tswvw5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE] While it lacks the star power of it's direct rival Big Apple Wrestling, TSW is a cult favourite in the North-East. The fed promotes a hard-hitting, brawling-orientated product, with names such as Bruno Sammartino, Bam Bam Bigelow, Pedro Morales and Tazz.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Immortals [/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9637/brunosammartinoqc4.jpg[/IMG][img]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9430/ravenyx9.jpg[/img][/CENTER] [B]Bruno Sammartino[/B] - Bruno isn't just TSW's beloved superstar, he's also a majority owner in the company, alongside Court Bauer. Bruno's old-school ideas may often be overruled for the sake of creativity, but he ensures the promotion remains true to its roots. [B]Raven[/B] - Raven is one of numerous 'extreme' alumni (not that any promotion bearing such a name ever existed in this timeline or did it well maybe i'mconfused) who feature in TSW, and he is one of the promotion's top heels and leader of The Flock. [B]Tazz[/B] - The Human Wrecking Machine tears a path of destruction through TSW, with solid booking ensuring Tazz's badass mystique is never diminished. [B]Bam Bam Bigelow[/B] - 'The Beast From The East' is a natural fit in TSW, and a reliable performer in the main event. [B]Pedro Morales[/B] -- Second only to Bruno in terms of favouritism, Pedro has a huge following amongst the Tri-State's ethnic community, packing houses across state lines. [B]Sabu and The Sheik[/B] - Uncle and nephew form a homicidal, suicidal, genocidal tag team in TSW, providing a mix of highspots and blood to keep the crowd happy. [B]The Grand Wizard's Clan[/B] - 'The Grand Wizard is TSW's top manager, and his clan of King Kong Bundy, Paul Orndorff and Rhino is the source of his power. [B]Kane[/B] - 'The Big Red Machine' is a recent signing to TSW, though many wonder if his supernatural gimmick will be a good fit in a promotion dominated by tough guys and extremists. [/quote] [SIZE="3"][B]The Rest[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] Don Muraco, George 'The Animal' Steele, Haku, Sid Vicious, Spike Dudley, Tajiri, Too Cold Scorpio, The Nasty Boys, Big John Studd, Brian Lee, Haku, Julio Dinero, Francine, Scotty Riggs and [B]'Iron' Mike Sharpe!![/B].[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Ok Tommy, with DOTT:Generations gone, this is now the only mod in production that's likely to see me finally getting into a long term game of TEW. No pressure. Seriously though, this is looking fantastic.[/QUOTE] Seconded lol. Like I said earlier this looks awesome.

Looking good Realy cant wait to play this one as this could be the best mod of 08. Just one quick question if i may please:D Are you planning on having at this time any small indy type promotions made up of say mostly lower to mid card wrestlers only(i like to use those to)or will that maybe be coming later. Thanks once again for all the hard work you are putting into this Mike B

Yep mike. At the moment I'm focusing on the bigger promotions (except PPW, which was there to get a cheap pop). There are a few small promotions and they will be getting their own spotlights soon. Don't know if I've made this very clear - most of the promotions listed so far are Cult promotions. There are no National promotions in the game world, so there's a nice fun race to National. Some promotions (ASW, FWF, SSW, WCPW) are higher than others (the two Texas, two Tri-State and two Mid-Atlantic promotions involved in wars with each other are obviously less popular) and the rest are regional or small. I'm currently adding Mexican and Japanese workers. Mexico might get two feds for the first release, but I could hold that off depending on how many workers I have there.

Thanks Thanks fr the response but hey,wait did i just see the words first release.I know yr going to first release it in beta (i presume) then after all the kinks are worked out the full release.At least thats how i presume most of you mod makers do things as far as i can tell:) But is there a hint there that i see that ya might have more to come heh heh;) And hey i just noticed that it says your from the land down under were women glow and men thunder.. very cool we have much alike im in hawaii you have gators and we have giant flying ****aroaches Well good luck once again i cant wait. ps dont forget mil mascaras the greatest masked wrestler of all time;)

Archived