[HYPE] War Of The Immortals - A Mod by Tommy

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here goes, will post 2 or 3 feds a day for a bit to let you know what happened in the first year. This is a watcher's game without me running anyone, and as Tommy said, it's not the most up to date data but it is fairly close. ASW – Main event scene of Y2J, Cena, HBK and Sting on the face side of things, against Trip, Taker, Angle and Goldberg. Vader, Warrior, Wight, Piper and the Outsiders are amongst the guys just below. There have been a LOT of IC title changes here – 9 different reigns since September 08. HBK’s on his third World title reign, having beaten Rock then Andre for it. They’ve been unstoppable over the past 12 months – Feb 09 they had overness including C+ in Hawaii and B/B- elsewhere in the States, D/E+ in Canada and Mexico, E in Japan and F+ in UK. They’re now on straight A’s in the US (even Hawaii), B’s in Canada and Mexico, B-‘s in Japan and D- in the UK. BAW – Sinking here, with Andre, Hulk, Nash, Arn, Edge, Foley and Scott Steiner all leaving. I’m sure they were a massive success in my test run with the first data, interesting to see the problems they’re having. Bobo Brazil is the World champ, having won it from transitional champ BUBBA RAY DUDLEY who beat Cactus just before Foley left. Demolition Ax and Jeff Hardy are the tag champs, which may be the most awesome thing I’ve seen in TEW. I now really want to think of a suitable name for Hardy – Demolition Kapow?! Jeff in black and white face paint IS hard to imagine, admittedly.

[QUOTE=Jaded;492797]Demolition Ax and Jeff Hardy are the tag champs, which may be the most awesome thing I’ve seen in TEW. I now really want to think of a suitable name for Hardy – Demolition Kapow?! Jeff in black and white face paint IS hard to imagine, admittedly.[/QUOTE] That is an example of why I cant wait to play this mod. Personally I think that it shud just be demolition ax & demolition jeff. Leaving a possible split up and the charasmatic charisma gimmick for hardy.....arrgh i just made myself wanna play this game more. :)

[QUOTE=fingerprints;493215]That is an example of why I cant wait to play this mod. Personally I think that it shud just be demolition ax & demolition jeff. Leaving a possible split up and the charasmatic charisma gimmick for hardy.....arrgh i just made myself wanna play this game more. :)[/QUOTE] How about Demolition Ax and Demolition HARVEY? Haha... I shouldn't make fun of Mike Adamle, I love the guy, lol.

First off, I tip my hat to Tommy's creativity, work, and time for this MOD. I have been anticipating it for a while, although I didn't want to get my hopes up like I did in '07. But as we now approach a release in upcoming weeks, I gotta say I'm pretty stoked about this MOD. I just have a few concerns: How's the game balance: from overness to TV ratings to long term playable to promotion financial stability? Will every worker be quality controlled before release to make sure there are no glaring errors in skills? thanks

[QUOTE=TheMiser;493351]First off, I tip my hat to Tommy's creativity, work, and time for this MOD. I have been anticipating it for a while, although I didn't want to get my hopes up like I did in '07. But as we now approach a release in upcoming weeks, I gotta say I'm pretty stoked about this MOD. I just have a few concerns: How's the game balance: from overness to TV ratings to long term playable to promotion financial stability?[/QUOTE] I simmed a few games over 3 years, and everytime different promotions "Made it" to the top. That's not to say everytime it was totally different promotions that made it past national, but from the data I watched, it didn't duplicate that much far as promotions were concerned, so I feel that the balance of the promotions are actually doing well. NOTE: That this is NOT an updated version that I used, but the most updated Tommy had sent me. There were a few promotions each time that didn't make it, but there was only one that stood out to me at first, but somehow it seemed to work itself out (wasn't failing in later tests). The few promotions that don't make it, there is no certain one. It could be the same one that made National in another sim, so it's almost like no matter which promotion you pick or choose, you have the ability for the long haul in the game. [QUOTE=TheMiser;493351]Will every worker be quality controlled before release to make sure there are no glaring errors in skills? thanks[/QUOTE] We had a couple of things that we looked at, and I'm satisified that Tommy "fixed" the issue's. These had to do moreso with people dieing to quickly, more then anything. The habbits or whatever they are called (Steriod user, Hard Drugs, Soft Drugs) had a bigger effect then was originally thought. This is an easy fix, so if you have any other Mods' that seem to have certain people dieing early, I would take a look at the personal things to make sure they aren't overly marked. My own thinking on them is... If you put 10% here, 10% there, it's like giving one of them 20%... So if someone has done everything to a certain extent, and you mark them aroud 30 or 40%, your going to have some problems, because it seems that if they add up to 100% or more, you've definately got an early death within' a year or so of playtime. Tommy took the time to fix these, so it shouldn't be a problem for release. Also, Tommy always tries to give a finished product, without having to say "Release 1.0" "Release 1.1" etc.. as he likes to update with more options of play, not spending a bunch of time "Fixing" things. I don't foresee alot of "Fix's" needed, as it stands, even with the old data I have.

Thank you for this insight into the game. This is what i want to hear and to me what makes a game(or mod) so much fun to play.That is not having the same thing's basically happen every time you start a new game. Kudos to you tommy and thanks DJ for this report.:) Now can i play the mod please my vacation is almost over:p

CCW have got a massive roster, having picked up Rock, Austin, Hogan, Savage, Guerrero, Flair, Arn Anderson, Punk, Raven, Michael Hayes, Owen Hart (as the Blue Blazer), Foley, Daniels, Heyman and Sid Vicious since they hit International. They have one of the best tag divisions imaginable, at least in terms of star power – Arn and Flair, the Briscos, the Koloffs, the Megapowers, the Rhodes family, the Snukas, and the Rock and Sock Connection. Current main title holder is CM Punk, fighting off the challenge of top babyfaces Hogan, Austin and Rock. Other main event heels are Animal, Flair, Savage and Eddie. Savage is the fed’s MVP though, having had 44 matches last year and got at least an A for the vast majority, with one incredible run of 7 A* matches out of 9. Actually, scratch that about Savage – Rocky managed FORTY-ONE A grades or above from 44 matches, including numerous A*s, mainly tag bouts with Mick against the Horsemen of Arn and Flair. Snukas and Rhodes are feuding over the tag belts. ESE is bizarre in that virtually nothing’s happened – no-one’s joined OR left. Maven is hardcore champ (and former tag champ with Chyna), Public Enemy are three times tag champs, and O’Haire is World champ.

Somewhat bizarrely, at cult size, FWF are ranked 4th in the world, despite their being 2 international, 1 global and 1 national promotion. I guess it goes on prestige as well/instead of size. Their main event scene consists of Race, Keirn, Muta, Murdoch – and Rob Conway and Val Venis!! GLW look awesome, having picked up Rey, Daniels, Owen, Shelton, Danielson, Chavo Jr and Christian. With all that talent at their disposal, their champion? Alex Shelley, who’s also tag champ with Rick Steiner. Main event scene is Rey, Benoit, Thesz and Cabana (faces), and Kennedy and Shelley (heels.)

I've intentionally tried not to explain it because it's pretty silly that there's this world that's only existed for one year and everyone has their existing history but nobody knows who the WWF is. I wrote myself into a box. Anyway, I'm making the release thread now, so thanks for reading.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived