[HYPE] War Of The Immortals - A Mod by Tommy

It's coming along nicely, Jabba. I'm just not hyping too much as it's a few months off release, but the testers got some new data recently and I've fleshed out the game world a bit more. But you wrote a nice post so I'll give you a screenshot. [IMG]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3980/fwfhh6.jpg[/IMG] I think The Great Muta might need an overness drop, but I'm pretty happy with the rest of that card.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good stuff. I actually considered doing something similar but placing it in the future (like 2040s or so) and having everyone be a clone (Was going to call it "The Clone Wars"), but never had time for it. Looking forward to this.

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE="3"][B]Promotional Spotlight #2 - Florida Wrestling Federation[/B][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3109/fwftd7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE] One of the largest promotions in North America, with a dream roster of talent from numerous eras. Run by Eric Bischoff and The Grahams, FWF promotes a flashy, television-friendly product with the golden voice of Gordon Solie on the mic. FWF's roster of stars includes names like Randy Savage, Sting, Carlito Colon, The Steiners and Dean Malenko, meaning the fed has enough talent and variety to suit every wrestling fan. While FWF faces some regional competition in the form of the Georgia Wrestling Alliance, its real threats are spread across the country in the race to National.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Immortals [/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3622/randysavagelj2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Eric Bischoff[/B] - The brash genius promoter, Bischoff has guided FWF to an enviable position in just one year. [B]Eddie Graham[/B] - One of the industry's most respected bookers, Graham has laid a solid platform for his stars to shine. [B] Randy Savage[/B] - FWF's franchise player, Savage's feuds with The Great Muta and The Big Show have sold out arenas across the South-East. [B]Sting[/B] - Savage's ally and rival for the #1 spot, Sting is a fixture of the company. [B]Diamond Dallas Page[/B] - DDP also works for Ted Turner, but his friendship with Eric Bischoff sees him prominently feature in Florida. [B]Big Show[/B] - If you live in the Mid-Atlantic, he's The Giant. But in the South-East, he's the 7" tall fire-breathing Big Show![/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Rest[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] Hiro Matsuda, Ron Bass, Sensational Sherri, Sean O'Haire, Terry Taylor, LAX, Steve Keirn (no, he's not Skinner), The Killer Bees and [B]Power and Glory!![/B][/QUOTE]

This thread's been devoid of hype for too long, so here's another promotional spotlight. In case you missed #2, it should be the last post on the previous page. [SIZE="3"][B]Promotional Spotlight #3 - Carolina Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6369/ccwlj6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE] Created by Dusty Rhodes and George Scott, Carolina Championship Wrestling is currently embroiled in a bitter war with Mid-Atlantic Pro Wrestling for regional dominance. With legendary names such as The Road Warriors, Triple H and Magnum T.A, plus young talent such as Shane Helms and Cody Rhodes, CCW is immensely popular in its homebase. However, its war with MAPW is taking a toll, and many believe the Mid-Atlantic is only big enough for one promotion.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Immortals [/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2710/dustyrhodesvs1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B] - While some accuse him of self-centred booking and nepotism, 'The American Dream' is undoubtedly CCW's biggest drawcard. [B]George Scott[/B] - Keeping Dusty honest, the revered booker also has to balance the combined egos of his roster. [B]Triple H[/B] - Speak of the devil. Triple H is happy to play second-fiddle to Big Dust - but for how long? [B]The Road Warriors[/B] - Alongside Paul Ellering, Hawk and Animal dominate the CCW tag division. [B]'Rowdy' Roddy Piper[/B] - Piper is a CCW exclusive, but few believe he will stay that way. It will take a good booker to keep Piper from the rest. [B]Magnum TA[/B] - With no car accident in the foreseeable future, Magnum TA is on his way to superstardom, and CCW could be taken with him.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Rest[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] Helms and Moore, The Snukas, Paul Jones, The Koloffs, Mongo McMichael, The Windhams and rememberthename.... [b]Golllldddduuussttt...[/B][/QUOTE]

And now, the other participant in the Mid-Atlantic war... [SIZE="3"][B]Promotional Spotlight #4 - Mid-Atlantic Pro Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6274/mapwnx1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE] The Mid-Atlantic is steeped in wrestling history, and Mid-Atlantic Pro Wrestling aims to continue the tradition. Owned by the legendary Jim Crockett Jr., it features names such as Ric Flair and The Four Horsemen, Ricky Steamboat, Big Van Vader and The Hardy Boyz. While its rival CCW boasts an equally impressive roster, MAPW has the edge when it comes to wrestling talent, which is its primary focus.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Immortals [/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/6876/ricflairjz6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Ric Flair[/B] - 'The Nature Boy' is undoubtedly 'the man' in MAPW, as the leader of The Four Horsemen and the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion. [B]Jim Crockett Jr.[/B] - The man synonymous with wrestling in the Mid-Atlantic, Crockett knows these fans like the back of his hand. [B]Ricky Steamboat[/B] - Flair's long-time rival is MAPW's #1 face, and the Four Horsemen's #1 target... [B]The Hardyz[/B] - Matt and Jeff Hardy are MAPW's premier tag team, and their high energy style stands out in this traditional promotion. [B]Big Van Vader[/B] - While Flair and The Horsemen run rampant, Vader is keeping busy by demolishing all in his path. Many consider Vader to be the only man who could stop The Horsemen, if only he could stop feuding with Sting... [B]Sting and The Giant[/B] - While these two men may be stars in Florida, they're also regulars in the Mid-Atlantic. But eventually, they'll have to choose one or the other...[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Rest[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] Samoa Joe, Junkyard Dog Dan Spivey, AJ Styles, Greg Valentine, Monty Brown, Ken Doane, Steve Corino, Tatanka and Wahoo, and the one and only [B]Abe Jacobs[/B].[/QUOTE]

It's looking great so far. I originally wasn't sold on this because I'm not a fan of "best of" mods as a general concept, but the work you're putting into this world to make it consistent is unbelievable. And then, of course, there's the whole thing about your mods tending to be some of the best out there. One question, though: why isn't Triple H working with his idol Ric Flair? Could this be a deliberate attempt at creating a bidding war between the two promotions on top of their other issues?

I think you've got it in one :) I tried to worker relationships when figuring out who goes where, but I didn't like the idea of Flair and Trips in the same promotion. It seems they bonded in the WWE because Trips wants to be the Flair of the 00's, but if they're both at their peak, it seems more natural that they'd be rivals.

This is going to be great. Though not spotlighted yet, my two fav feds of all are PWM (just wish Rick Rude was apart of it) and TWA. Gonna be hard to choose wish to play as, but I'll probably go with PWM, as the best US wrestlers come from that state, in my opinion. Can't wait for it

Well, in that case.. [SIZE="3"][B]Promotional Spotlight #5 - Great Lakes Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6125/glwme2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE] Focusing on athletic, hard-hitting competition, Great Lakes Wrestling is one of the most respected promotions in North America. A roster of stars including Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, CM Punk and Lou Thesz has produced numerous Match Of The Year candidates. Closely affiliated with Second City Wrestling, which serves as a feeder fed and friendly rival.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Immortals [/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8576/kurtanglego0.jpg[/IMG][img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1520/loutheszzn6.jpg[/img][/CENTER] [B]Lou Thesz[/B] - The legendary Lou Thesz serves as GLW's owner and top talent. No worker moves to the top of the card unless they can go move for move with Thesz. [B]Kurt Angle[/B] - Considered the heir to Thesz' throne, Angle is GLW's biggest star and champion. He is at home here, and his perfomances prove it. [B]The Great Lakes Horsemen[/B] - Yes, The Horsemen have multiplied. Arn Anderson, Chris Benoit, Perry Saturn and Rob Conway form this less-flashy, more business-orientated stable. [B]CM Punk[/B] - Punk is a hero in Second City Wrestling, and is fast moving up the ranks in its big brother, providing a modern alternative to the technical styles of Angle, Thesz and Benoit. [B]Ken Kennedy[/B] - He isn't the world's best athlete, but Kennedy provides a much needed spark of entertainment to the promotion. [B]Rick Martel[/B] - A top star in Can-Am Wrestling, Martel provides a solid base for the upper mid-card of GLW.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]The Rest[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE] The Motor City Machine Guns, D'Lo Brown, Tanaka and Diamond, Too Cold Scorpio, The Z-Man and [B]The Strangler!![/B].[/QUOTE]

The Bod Squad Hey i hope you are going to make jesse the body ventura and superstar billy graham. Would love to team them together and call them the bod squad(corney?) and how bout abdula the buthcher is he in?i rem him and the shiek havng a major feud in the 70s would love to do that again. good luck with the mod i cant wait mike b

Yes. If they're well known by U.S fans like Misawa or Tenzan or Chono, or have achieved a decent level of notoriety in their home country, they'll be in. I don't plan to have any Japanese or Mexican feds, but that might change depending on how much I work on it past the first release.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;461559]Yes. If they're well known by U.S fans like Misawa or Tenzan or Chono, or have achieved a decent level of notoriety in their home country, they'll be in. I don't plan to have any Japanese or Mexican feds, but that might change depending on how much I work on it past the first release.[/QUOTE] I'd say Kobashi, Kawada, and Akiyama are more well known over here than Tenzan and Chono.

Archived